Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Fire Emblem: POR~Funny That ❯ Funny That 4: Fights, Books And The Start Of Mia's Lesson ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance~Funny That
Genre: Romance/Humour/Drama
Pairings: Ike+Elincia. Slight Ranulf+LetheBoyd+Titania
 
I haven't done a Fire emblem fic before, so I just figured, hey, why not?
Disclaimer: Well, if I owned it I would be one rich 12 year old wouldn't I?
 
Stefan might decided to do a little…tweaking shall we say with the lesson time table now that Shinon and Gatrie have arrived. I can't say what kind of tweaking, but I suppose you can guess…
 
And now the Mia chapter, though take note for reasons Mia's lesson will be within two chapters. Starting late in this one and then carrying on in the next chapter.
 
Funny That 4: Fighting, Books And The Start Of Mia's Lesson
Ike tossed and turned in his bed, not being able to get into a comfortable position. Well actually, no position could be comfortable as his whole body ached, but love hurts right?
 
There was a very loud banging, which sounded vaguely like a body hitting the floor with quite the amount of force. Cursing under his breath, Ike hid his head under his pillow, pulling it down on top of him. A similar noise was heard, but this time it rung with hollowness, suggesting someone had been thrown into a wall. Then a yelp pierced the already pierced silence and the voice belonged to Stefan.
 
Ike yawned and tried to ignore it. It was obvious Stefan was still getting jostled about by Shinon, Rolf's personal body guard. There was yet another throw of a body but this one was much too close for comfort…right against Ike's door. He growled angrily. Why on earth was he getting tortured so much? He had saved the entire continent of Tellius and now the Kamis were treating him like a puppet? Yet another thud sounded, this time on the floor again. Wow, Shinon sure had a lot of energy and strength. Ike smiled slightly, in a lapse of sleep and sympathetic kind of way. It was apparent in some psychical factors; Stefan was having a worse time than him…
 
“Ike! Save me!”
 
“If he saves you, I'll kick his ass!”
 
…And if he dragged Ike into the brawl, any lack of sleep fuelled sympathy would vanish without a trace. Ike had decided, no matter how beaten up Stefan may get, nothing was going to get him out of this bed. It was around 1 am already and he had to get up in 4 hours or so. Flying pigs wouldn't move him; Tellius under threat wouldn't move him, absolutely nothing…
 
“Please stop Shinon!”
 
…Except Elincia's voice.
 
He shot out of the bed at amazing speed. He really didn't like the thought of Elincia telling a steaming mad Shinon to halt in his beatings of Stefan. And the guy had a Brave bow…
 
“Hey!” Ike yelled, wrenching his door open and stepping out onto the hallway, “Don't try anything Shinon!”
 
The sniper and Queen blinked innocently at him in a perplexed manner, which confused Ike. Shinon looked very calm. He glanced over to where Stefan was sprawled out on the first, lying on his stomach, holding a crumpled white flag up. Ike studied Elincia and Shinon suspiciously. “So Shinon isn't harming Elincia?”
 
An affronted look covering his expression he glared at the blue haired lord, while Elincia blushed lightly from such an accusation. A sudden thought occurred to Shinon and he smirked devilishly, earning an eyebrow raise from Stefan, white flag still in hand, who had now sat up.
 
“Hurt her? Your lack of sleep must be affecting you Ike. Why would I hurt such a beauty such as her royal highness?” He responded, eyes glinting. Elincia blushed more deeply while Ike frowned lightly, but chose to think nothing of the remark. After all, after his day of torture, he had mentally matured, so he would not let such things hamper his concentration. Besides, it was probably Shinon being Shinon, though he expected this kind of thing from Gatrie…just in a more poetic kind of way.
 
“Well, why did you say what you said Elincia?” He queried, turning to the Queen. She blinked at him blankly, before a shy look graced her features.
 
“Well, I knew you needed your sleep for your lessons and beating up Stefan was causing a noise and I didn't want it to wake you, but I can see I've failed as it has.” She murmured.
 
Shinon cocked a brow, Stefan gaped, Gatrie just…well, stood there and Ike looked absolutely mortified. She knew about the lessons! He gave Stefan the most menacing glare he had ever mustered up in his life and in turn, surprise still evident, the swordmaster just gawked at him and shrugged.
 
Ike looked to the floor, eyes despondent and concern greeted Elincia's features, while Shinon just stood there staring with an arched brow. He then looked up, but avoided Elincia's eyes, letting out a tuneless sigh.
 
“Hai, well then…I suppose you learnt somehow…Look Elincia, I am really sorry, but I can't help my feelings…” He mumbled. Gatrie, watching the scene, having no idea what Ike was blabbing on about but moved, whipped out a tissue from nowhere and began to blow and sob into it.
 
Elincia blinked in puzzlement. What feelings couldn't he help? What did his feelings have to do with the lessons? Why was he apologising to her about his feelings?
 
“Ano…Ike?” She piped up. Ike outwardly cringed, before he dared himself to look up, blue eyes meeting brown. He felt his body numb, but knew he had to face the facts. A hushed tension settled, save for the sobbing coming from Gatrie's direction, but it really was tense. Really. It was time for Elincia to say what Ike had been fearing. Oh how the sting of rejection was… “Why are you apologising for your feelings about taking dancer lessons? That's nothing to be ashamed about. Men with gracefulness are rather high in my opinion.”
 
Stefan's eyes bulged, Shinon rolled his eyes, Gatrie let out a content sigh and said something like `How touching' while Ike stood there, gaping at the Queen like a dog who had just lost his bone. Then, when confusion began coming to Elincia's expression, laughing in a strained and disbelieving way, Ike pointed to himself.
 
“You thought I was doing dance lessons? Seriously? From Boyd and Titania? I mean, Titania is a girl and all, but Boyd graceful and stuff! You're kidding me!” He exclaimed. Elincia sweat dropped, while Shinon just shook his head.
 
“Oh! Gomen na sai for my theories.” She blurted out, a firm line of red adorning her features. Ike, laughing joyously and light-heartedly from the fact she didn't know what his actual lessons were and her thoughts on them, grabbed her hand.
 
“That doesn't mean I can't dance!”
 
It became apparent Ike was drunk with happiness. Elincia reddened to her roots; Shinon smacked his hand to his face, Gatrie nodded proudly while Stefan sighed in relief. At least he could go to bed now without getting hurt anymore…
 
But then Rolf, who had gone a lot earlier, rounded the corner, beaming. Everyone there watched him as he approached them. The young boy paused and smiled at everyone individually, before a speculating glance fell upon a battered Stefan, who was fearing for his very life…
 
Slowly but surely, the expression on Rolf's face changed from silent observation and contemplating, to alarm and then finally, red in the face anger.
 
“Hey! That's my flag!” He declared, seething through his teeth. Stefan blinked and then turned is attention to the white flag in his hand, face paling. He gaped back at Rolf, keeping his eye on Shinon and began flailing his arms about like a madman.
 
“Nani! How the heck was I gonna know that! I found this weeks ago in the royal garden!”
 
A guard accompanying Elincia, who was standing and sleeping at the same time eyes suddenly shot open and he proceeded to glare at Stefan.
 
“You were in the royal gardens?”
 
Stefan turned his attention to the guard, a more relaxed sense about him.
 
“Yep. I've been there more than once, but Elincia won't let you kill me, so there.” He replied, sticking his tongue out at the guard. The guard attempted to lunge at the chid…ah, once again, I actually mean adult, but he was stopped by Elincia's glare. Shinon was impressed at Elincia's madam glare. She was gentle and kind, but she definitely had that royal air about her, showing she would be a great Queen.
 
Rolf, agitated he was not the focus of attention, stomped his foot and pointed at Stefan.
 
“He has my flag!”
 
Stefan glowered and stood up, dusting himself down.
 
“I bet it isn't even your flag!” He hissed.
 
Shinon casually took out his Brave bow and strung and arrow onto it. Stefan paled again and put his hand up in defence. “Hold up! I…Shinon please spare me! I…ah…” Shinon released the arrow and Stefan in a quick motion darted behind Gatrie. Another arrow was put into that direction, but it just bounced off Gatrie's large armoured chest. The light brown haired man blinked.
 
“Why are you shooting at me Shinon?”
 
The sniper smirked evilly.
 
“Pest control.”
 
While Rolf watched with enthusiasm, Ike and Elincia began to walk along the hall, unbeknownst to the guard or anyone else. They halted outside her chamber and Ike smiled fondly at her. She smiled back and opened the door, but stopped. Ike blinked in confusion and cocked his brown in a questioning sense. Her smile turned meek.
 
“What are your lessons for anyway?” She asked quietly.
 
He blushed lightly before redirecting his gaze to the ceiling. They stood in a hushed manner, Ike wondering and Elincia waiting. He knew he couldn't tell her just yet…Blush dimming, he turned to face her, a gallant hero's smile in place.
 
“Well…when I'm finished with my lessons, I'll personally show you what I've been learning.” He explained to her. Elincia nodded, smiling sweetly, before she entered her room. Ike remained there watching her and Elincia, back to the door, began to close it. But then she stopped, the door slightly ajar. Ike could feel she was smiling.
 
“Have a goodnights sleep Ike.”
 
He smiled.
 
“Don't worry, I'm sure I will. You too.”
 
Her smile must have widened as she nodded and shut her door, a soft clank representing the shutting of her door. Ike smiled one more time and then made his way back to his room, oblivious to the ruckus the others were causing. He hopped back into bed and snuggled into his covers, letting the warmth soothe his tired muscles. (A/N: Heh, they sure smiled a lot during this bit : D and also…aww at the waff)
 
Funny That 4: Fighting, Books And The Start Of Mia's Lesson
 
Lethe yawned and scratched her cheek. It was around 2am now and she could not get to sleep because there was the sound of fighting ringing through the air. She could have simply transformed, zoomed up there and sliced all of them, but she lacked the energy to do that. It would help if the beorc's were not so loud. She was fingering the book she had received from Mia, yet she had not found the purple haired swordmaster/myrmidon all day. Reference to Rhys said suggested after the two's training lesson, she had gone off to glomp Oscar or something…
 
The title had changed various times and up to seven pages were now filled in small writing and detailed, life like pictures. She had felt so stupid blushing and running with her tail between her legs earlier with Ranulf, but it was just an emotional reaction…
 
“To hell with bashful emotions. I want to go kill something.” She hissed to the silent air. She was so tired from lack of sleep she wouldn't be half surprised if the air itself answered back…
 
“Hai?”
 
Her body jerked from shock and she was found panting when humoured laughter resounded. Clutching her chest where her heart was, baring her fangs, the feline female warrior glared around the area after recognising the voice. “What's wrong Lethe, did I scare you?”
 
“Show yourself coward!”
 
Out from the shadows came Ranulf, beaming at his feline friend. She scowled at him and turned away. He rolled his eyes playfully and went to her side, sitting down next to her, glancing at her. A big grin breeched the borders of his cheeks.
 
“Did I scare you?” He asked in a teasing tone.
 
“About as much Soren dying his hair blonde would.” She grumbled in a low voice, hoping he would not hear. But with his expert ears the cat did hear and crossed his arms smugly. The saying blondes have the most fun associated with Soren was rather odd…
 
“So I have great scaring skills? Bow to me, Laguz and Beorc alike.” He stated full heartedly, earning an eyeroll from Lethe.
 
“No, you don't. You just caught me off guard.”
 
Exactly.”
 
“Don't get cocky.”
 
“I'm more truthful than cocky.”
 
“Ran…”
 
“Like I am almost as handsome as I am cunning.”
 
“…Ulf.”
 
“Do you have a mirror? I want to see my beauty.”
 
“I didn't think you were vain. Who the heck are you? Largo on Mondays?”
 
The odd conversation was broken by Ranulf's laughter. Lethe would have rolled her eyes, had it not been for the fact she couldn't really be stuffed to. Ranulf on the hand had come here for a specific reason. It turned out Lethe had not run to the toilets yesterday, so it was obviously not the expired milk that had done her in. Whether or not it had, she could not have been blamed for being drawn to it, as for cats of any kind, milk was an attraction. He had remembered she had blushed and had eventually realised it must have been to do with the book's title. He sighted the book lying loosely on the floor next to Lethe. There was no way he was getting that without Lethe seeing, so he guessed he had to be straight forward. Good think that was something he liked being.
 
“What was the title yesterday? On the book?”
 
She reddened instinctively to the question, snapping her head away from his intensely inquisitive eyes. He sighed and his shoulders slumped. Why wouldn't Lethe tell him? Was it personal? Oh, then an idea hit him. Was it girly girl personal? But Lethe was not a girly girl… “Was it something like… “The Dress Of The Future; A Parody” Or somethin' like that?” He questioned her with a cute cat like face on.
 
She whacked Ranulf upside the head, red still tinting her features. He mumbled something incoherent, rubbing his sore head.
 
“Baka. What kind of logic do you have inside that ego inflated brain of yours? What the heck do dresses of the future have to do with actual events being magically written down wherever I trek?”
 
He pouted.
 
“Ego inflated?”
 
This time she did roll her eyes.
 
“You sure sounded ego inflated a second ago.”
 
“I was only kidding.”
 
“You're a baka.”
 
“Well, If I was I'd carry around an oversized hat, beorc sword and beorc boots.”
 
“I don't do humour puss in boots.”
 
“You just did.”
 
“No. I was being logical there. It's quite a good word to know. You should learn it. I'm all about logical.”
 
“And being logical you carry around a magic book that writes down by itself what ever events you see and draws amazingly realistic pictures.”
 
“…Shut up.”
 
They sat there in more silence before Lethe reached her feet, stretching her limbs. Ranulf observed her intently as she bent down to scoop up the book, being the logical cat she is and began to walk away. But before she vanished from the room, she stopped and glanced over her shoulder to Ranulf. “Why aren't you asleep? Its about half two in the morning.”
 
He crinkled his nose in a cute way at her, playing with his whiskers and winking at her.
 
“To see you madam.”
 
“Puss in boots…”
 
“You know you like it.” He stated grinning.
 
There was silence, before an unexpected answer of;
 
“Hai. I suppose I do. It suits you.”
 
Was the response.
 
Taken aback by surprise, Ranulf gawked as Lethe fully turned to face him, mouth curved up in a small and delicate smile. Ranulf felt heat flooding his cheeks but quickly dismissed it from embarrassment. If Lethe had caught him blushing at her smile… “Goodnight Ranulf.” Came her voice. The male feline looked up at her, grinning toothily.
 
“Hai. I will. You get a good rest too, ya hear.”
 
The sound of Stefan yelling and Rolf cheering was heard.
 
Lethe rolled her eyes, sighing.
 
“Hai. I will. If I can get to sleep.”
 
Ranulf nodded and with that Lethe disappeared from the room. Ranulf sat there, contemplating, before a stray piece of paper caught his eye. He picked it up and began to read as it was clearly in Lethe's handwriting and his eyes widened.
 
The title I could not tell Ranulf;
 
The Confusion Of The Two Cat Lovers; A Romance Tale
 
Funny That 4: Fighting, Books And The Start Of Mia's Lesson
 
Ike had woken up in a very cranky mood. The reason being the fact at 5am in the morning, Mia had bombarded his door and knocked it down to get into his room. Then, she had shaken him away and being his perky sensei ordered him to fix his door. So, Ike had crawled out of his bed, eyes closed and crawled to the doorway, feeling around for the door itself. Mia, getting flustered that he was taking so long, jumped on his back, which sent his eyes flying open, followed by a yelp of pain heard by Stefan and the others, all groggy themselves, waiting outside. So somehow, Ike had fixed the door in half an hour and a caffeine high Mia led the way back to the torture room, A.K.A the `classroom.'
 
So now, they were seated in their respective seats, basically all with their eyes closed. Titania had become a permanent member in the class and had dragged Boyd along. When Mia pranced in she slammed the door behind her, making everyone's eyes blink open, before they closed once more. Mia began jumping around the `classroom' until she recalled she was meant to be teaching, so then she beamed at everyone.
 
“Ohayo guys! Did'ja have a good sleep?”
 
No one responded to that.
 
“Are you ready for today's lesson?”
 
Again there was no answer from anyone.
 
“Good! Let's get started. I'm going to encourage Ike to ask Elincia…but wait, why are all you guys here?”
 
Boyd, whose head was firmly planted upon the table, raised it up with great difficulty, staring at Mia with drooped eyelids.
 
“I may as well warn you now Mia. You're going to be dragged into Lethe's lesson by Titania.”
 
Mia blinked.
 
“Why would I attend a lesson when I am the sensei silly?” She questioned.
 
Titania, whose head was also on the table who was lightly snoring suddenly stirred. Predominately her `I am the sensei no one else is' sense must have alerted her as her head shot up and she glared at everyone. Her glare finally fell on Mia.
 
“I AM THE SENSEI! NO ONE ELSE!”
 
Now Mia, no matter how innocent, didn't like her status being threatened. She had been appointed the sensei for this particular lesson, not Titania. The girl went red in the face and stormed over to her `pupil.'
 
“Now Titania. I am the sensei and you will listen to me. I promise I'll give a good lesson.”
 
“I AM THE SENSEI!” Titania proclaimed, standing up and locking eyes with Mia. Red in the face from anger, the two's foreheads smashed together as they stared each other down angrily.
 
Ike shook his head, mumbling something. Mist sighed sympathetically and patted her brother on the back.
 
“Its going to be a loooonnnngggg lesson, isn't it?” She whispered to him. Ike, whose head was on his arms which were on the desk, moved slightly as he eyed his sister, tiredly glowering.
 
“Thanks for the emphasis on the word `long.'”
 
She shrugged.
 
“You're welcome.”
 
“Y'know, I think the denseness is hereditary in our family…”
 
“Woot! Cat fight!”
 
Mist and Ike blinked, and looked across the table to see Stefan grinning madly. Stefan gaped when he found the cat fight had halted, to make room for everyone to stare at him. Mia and Titania blinked a few times, before exchanging glances and nodding.
 
“You're going to get a low grade.” They said in union. Stefan grumbled something and rested his head on the table, but immediately whipped it back up when a sword came crashing down on the table.
 
He gulped and looked up to find Mia's eyes blazing. He smiled meekly at the girl, while Rolf snickered in the background.
 
“Fellow swordmaster to swordmaster, you wouldn't hit me with that or uh…stab me, would you?” He asked in a rather high voice. Mia looked thoughtful for a second, before she beamed at Stefan.
 
“It kinda depends.”
 
“Depends on what?”
 
“Depends on if I feel you'll enjoy lesson.”
 
“What happens if I…don't enjoy your lesson?”
 
Another thoughtful appearance.
 
“Do you really wanna know?”
 
“Well uh…yeah, why not?”
 
“Well, it kind of involves you, my sword and…”
 
“Ah um…I get it Mia.”
 
“Sensei Mia.” Titania growled. Stefan shrunk into his seat as the two females loomed over him, before Mia pivoted on her heel and headed back to the front, while Titania took her seat again.
 
Stefan let out a sigh of relief, wiping the sweat from his forehead. Rolf remained snickering and he glared at the boy. Rolf stuck his tongue out at Stefan, before his body jerked at a crashing sound. He glanced around frantically, until his eyes landed on the same sword from earlier. Mia was back at the table with a demonic expression on her face. Rolf shrank into his seat.
 
Stefan snickered.
 
“It's rude to snicker about other people's misfortunes. It is something I really hate.” She stated slowly and venomously.
 
Stefan halted his snickering. Rolf glared at him.
 
“But Stefan was just snickering at me and you didn't notice!” Rolf exclaimed. Stefan immediately stiffened. Rolf leered and smirked devilishly. Shinon had rubbed off on him for the worse…
 
Rolf let out a yelp as the flat side of the blade came down on his head. Stefan inwardly did a back flip and on the outside smirked smugly. Thank Kami for Mia. Rolf was finally getting what was coming to him…
 
“So you think I don't notice things now do ya?” She asked in an outraged tone. Rolf began to quiver, twiddling his fingers. Why on earth did the females turn so scary when it came to lessons?
 
“I um well…”
 
He didn't have to continue as the door was kicked open to reveal Shinon there, a smug smile on his face. Rolf cheered and Stefan's limbs began aching on instinct, making him wince. Shinon looked kind of similar to those hero guys in the movies that have come to save the damsel in distress. And Rolf was kinda…uh huh…
 
“Mia, I have something to tell you.” He said.
 
“Ya?”
 
“Stefan said he was the best swordmaster.”
 
Stefan paled, Rolf bit his lower lip to stop himself erupting into a fit of giggles, Boyd, Titania, Ike and Mist sighed while Mia went rigid. Stefan could not believe this! As well as beating him up himself he was going to lie to get a girl to? Well actually…Stefan had boasted about being the best swordmaster around while Shinon was around but…that was beside the point!
 
Slowly, Mia turned her head, eyes blazing with fiery fury. Stefan was practically sweating from the heat radiating off the girl. Ike by this time had drifted off into a deep sleep and the sounds of Stefan yelping and Mia `HYA!' Ing were not enough to wake him. Mist was right to say the word long with emphasis.
 
It was gonna be a loooonnnngggg lesson alright…
 
Funny That 4: Fights, Books And The Start Of Mia's Lesson
 
End
Tsuzuku
A/N: Ah, the randomness continues. I read a romance story earlier and couldn't not put light waff in. Blame the very mind infecting romance story…
 
Next we have the second part of Mia's lesson, PLUS…
 
Will Ike sleep through the lesson?
 
Will Stefan get through one day without breaking a bone because of the lessons he decided to put together?
 
Who knows?