Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Fire Emblem: POR~Funny That ❯ Funny That 6: The Unexpected Truce; The Unexpected Team Up ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance~Funny That
Genre: Romance/Humour/Drama
Pairings: Ike+Elincia. Slight Ranulf+LetheBoyd+Titania
 
I haven't done a Fire emblem fic before, so I just figured, hey, why not?
Disclaimer: If I owned it, I wouldn't be here writing fanfiction about it, would I?
 
Tension chapter : ) And a wittle bit of fluff at the end : D
 
Funny That 6: The Unexpected Truce; The Unexpected Team Up
The lesson had gone considerably well in all aspects. There were no tremendously bad injuries, albeit for a few more whackings on the head for some people, but then again, they couldn't get away with out getting whacked. Mia had whipped out a sword (Gosh!) decorated with very cheerful things, such as sakura petals and smiley faces. Why you ask? Well, apparently this blade was called the `The teamwork sword' (Very witty, ne?) and was a representative of all things teamwork like. Mia placed it on her `teacher' desk and beamed at all of the people.
 
“Mia, why on earth a sword? I mean, I understand a cluster of flowers or something, but a sword? That sorta represents a more `ouch' feel to the whole thing, doesn't it?” Boyd mused, gawking at the blade. Titania glowered at him, about to comment on him and his shouting out, before Mia blinked and scowled at him.
 
“Baka Boyd! The sword represents teamwork during the heat of battle. Not all that flowery junk.” She replied haughtily, a disgruntled look on her face. Boyd sighed and shrugged casually. He blamed himself. With Mia and her sword obsession, he should have known she wasn't a girly type of girl…
 
“How much longer is this lesson?” Ike interjected in a weary tone.
 
“'Bout a good forty five minutes.”
 
“That's fantastic.” Shinon uttered under his breath. Mia looked at him in a confused manner, before she grinned.
 
“I know!”
 
“Ike, how on earth did we get dragged into this?” Stefan whispered.
 
The lord glared at him.
 
“You.”
 
“Oh…”
 
“Assertive Mia…”
 
“Oh not again Gatrie!”
 
“Hey Mist, what'cha talkin' `bout?”
 
“Don't bother asking Rolf…”
 
“I'm flying high, like the..!”
 
“No calling out in class Boyd!”
 
“…And a paladin shot me down..!”
 
“I don't handle guns!”
 
“Innit. Wot you lookin' at bubba?”
 
“Gah! Ike! Rolf's gone all scary!”
 
“What do you want me to do? Take him to speech classes Mist?”
 
“That'd be good.”
 
“Well I'm afraid I'm much too lacking in energy.”
 
“You know you don't have to use a sophisticated tone…”
 
“Oh right, in a casual tone then `cause you insisted. I can't be stuffed.”
 
“Ike!”
 
“Gomen.”
 
“Assertive Mia's eyes are like…the intense gleam of starlight shining through the night!”
 
“Ah! Now I have to deal with Gatrie!”
 
“Mist? Wos wrong bubba?”
 
“And him. Rolf what has gotten into you!?”
 
“And her dark purple hair cascading down her back like a waterfall.”
 
“NO!!!”
 
“I wanna be a singer…”
 
“Well you can't be Boyd…”
 
“Why not Titan?”
 
“That's Sensei Titania to you!”
 
“Whatever…”
 
“BOYD! DID YOU JUST `WHATEVER AT ME?'”
 
“Ah um…no…”
 
“People, people!” Mia exclaimed, sweat dropping, “Where has the love gone?”
 
“Its gone along with sanity…”
 
“What was that Shinon?”
 
“Nothing…”
 
“Oh you have such an angelic voice Mia! It sounds through the world brightening the lives of many with just one word!”
 
“Ah…thank you Gatrie! I think…”
 
“Someone please knock him out!”
 
“Mist, I pelted him with arrows earlier and there wasn't even a dent on that armour of his.”
 
“Oh my angelic Mia…Isn't Mia angelic Mist?”
 
“Scratch knocking him out, someone knock me out…”
 
“Guys, `cause we're arguing, Ike isn't learning, so in the end Elincia is most likely to turn him down.”
 
“Don't make me go all Aether on you Stefan…”
 
“He isn't even learning anything! There is no value in these lessons!”
 
“Yeah you're right Boyd!”
 
“IKE, BOYD, SHUT UP!”
 
“Hai sensei Titania…”
 
“EVERYONE SHUT UP!” Mia roared breaking and silencing the intensive second discussion. Some gulped while others gawked.
 
“Wos wrong with Mia, bubba..?”
 
“Stop calling me bubba Rolf!”
 
“Mist, Rolf, shut up and listen to me.”
 
The two obeyed.
 
Mia waved the `sword of teamwork' at them, smiling. “Ya see, this little beauty here is going to be given to one of you guys. It's a prize for the one with the best grade.”
 
About two fifths of the people in the room appeared intrigued. One of them was Stefan, who now had his arms crossed; eyes closed and was facing the ceiling. His chest rose and fell rhythmically. He had just been on the verge of sleep when he had heard that and it was now registered in his mind and before he had dozed off into a slumber land dreaming of the desserts he had grown up in, a sly grin had spread across his face.
 
Ike ran his hand through his hair and rolled his eyes, two things he had insistently been doing since he had learned of his feelings for the Queen. In fact, maybe if he had not been so dense in the first place, he would not be in this mess and neither would anyone else. He would never have had to have seen Boyd propose to a woman, an image he didn't want burned in his head and to Titania of all people. He was unsure to laugh or vomit when he thought about it. He wouldn't have gotten relatively low grades; discovered Boyd didn't know how to grade, though that could be blackmail. Sure, the lessons were a laugh sometimes, but what was Andrew doing with Elincia, or rather to…
 
He stiffened and Shinon seeing rolled his eyes. The boy was obviously thinking about Andrew and Elincia and getting himself wound up. Did he seriously think she'd be dumb enough to let a hentai touch her in anyway? Apparently, she'd escaped the guy earlier by claiming there was a snobby princess about. Someone who was a personality match with the Prince himself. And if he had had the brains to be able to fall for that, he must have been awfully stupid…another one of his oh so endearing and transfixing traits…
 
Boyd fearing his existence if he did not, raised his hand and Titania nodded in approval. Mia nodded dumbly at the raised hand and Boyd brought it down again, grinning.
 
“Urhmm… Mia, how much longer?”
 
“Thirty five minutes.”
 
A group of groans sound.
 
“Can we not stretch our legs or something, `cause it seems like its been more than it has been.” Boyd sighed in response.
 
Rolf turned to glance at Mist.
 
“Ain't he right, bubba?”
 
“…How long are you going to talk like this?”
 
“No idea bubba.”
 
“Great…”
 
“Can Stefan come up?” Mia queried. Everyone blinked when they heard low and content sounding snoring and turned their attention to the slouched and definitely asleep figure of a certain green haired swordmaster. Some were envious he had managed to go to sleep this long without being rudely interrupted, others really didn't give a damn, one was snickering, and one looked homicidal…
 
“NO SLEEPING IN CLASS!”
 
Birds scattered, the sky darkened, a wind howled through the trees as a large `TWACK' pierced the relatively peaceful surroundings.
 
Any guesses to who the homicidal one was?
 
Funny That 6: The Unexpected Truce; The Unexpected Team Up
 
The rest of the lesson went downhill for Stefan. He was forced to come up with a spirit lifting speech on the spot with an aching head and he had just woken up. Then, though he had stuttered his way through the speech part, he came face to face with the hardest of challenges. Mia had said that if you squabble with one of your allies, on the battle field you will get mauled, so he had been forced to compliment Rolf and such. The little boy had called him `jiggy' and that was found by Stefan to be very irritating, but anywho, with an understanding of how Mist felt, he had tried. Though, he was always halted when Rolf interjected with the term `jiggy' to a point where Stefan wrenched out Vague Katti in a mad rage and was only silenced by Shinon chucking his bow, which made contact with the back of Stefan's head.
 
Then, when the grading came, Mia awarded Titania the sword for being like a co-op sensei and helping her. It turned out Titania didn't want the sword and chose to give it to someone else. Stefan had vied for it, but she had chucked it at Ike and on the way it had whacked into the front of Stefan's face. Luckily, Titania had not flung it like a javelin, which would result in more extreme use of the word `ouch' or rather as Stefan himself put it; `owie.'
 
And then, Mia said she was going to give Stefan a C, but then Titania reminded her he had slept through a portion of the class, Ike said he had embarrassed a fellow pupil and Rolf `accidentally' blurted out that `jiggy' had called himself the best swordmaster, but this time, he did get a new grade…
 
F- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -.
 
Yes, that appeared rather harsh, but the fact Stefan had bragged about being a better swordmaster had echoed in Mia's head as she graded his paper. Rolf got an A++ for reminding her of the fact, Shinon got an A for saying it in the first place, Mist got a B, Titania an A+, Gatrie an A+ because she thought whatever girl he had been blabbering on about during the lesson was lucky to have someone like him affectionate towards her… Ike received a B- and finally Boyd got a B. Ike was parading around and boasting about his improved grades while Rolf and Shinon stood side by side, smirking very… Shinon like. Talk about your mirror images… whilst Stefan was seated, gazing exasperatedly at his piece of paper.
 
So now, a tired, angry and on the brink of snapping Stefan was making his way along a corridor. These lessons he had made were really being a pain in his derriere. He had not intended to partake in them, but if he did not, the consequences would be severe, which he wouldn't deny, were the same conditions for everyone else. He had called a truce with the boy, but he had really taken the piss and had now come up with the oddest assortment of nicknames for his chums.
 
Ike was lyre.
 
Mist was bubba.
 
Stefan himself was jiggy.
 
Shinon was Mcdaddy.
 
Gatrie was bigdaddy.
 
Mia was Huula.
 
Titania was Mcwoman.
 
Boyd was witfully named…stinky.
 
And Rolf himself was yaa…
 
For the reasons, no one knew, or dared to bother with investigating. Rolf was now coming up with names for Andrew, Elincia, Lethe, Ranulf, Mordecai and Soren.
 
So now, Stefan had figured he should just go to sleep, or commit a fake suicide so everyone would weep and then he'd appear out of nowhere claiming the only way to keep him alive was to please him, and then they'd shower him with A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++'s and gifts. But then, Titania would probably find him out and then he'd actually lose his life…and things were not to that extent of drasticness he'd go and kill himself anyways.
 
Stefan halted when he heard the sound of footsteps gently padding along the floor and glanced over his shoulder to see Rolf running up to him, beaming. Oh those kami's up there laughing their heads off had better watch out…
 
“Heya jiggy, wuzzu'?” Rolf queried.
 
Stefan stared at him blankly, before hanging his head in dismay and smacking his hand to his forehead. He raised his head, giving Rolf an intermediate kind of look.
 
“Rolf, one you can't pull off that kind of speech so stop it and two, why are you stalking me?”
 
Rolf blinked.
 
“I ain't stalking ya jiggy.”
 
“Are, Yuh huh!”
 
“Nuh uh!”
 
“Yuh huh!”
 
“Nuh uh!”
 
“Can we stop this?”
 
“Jus' wot I wos thinkin' jiggy…”
 
“Gah…why are you here?”
 
“Have you not noticed any tension an' stuff `round here jiggy?”
 
Stefan blinked and proceeded to scratch the back of his head, the look in his eyes underlining he had no clue what Rolf was going on about. The little boy sighed and looked away from Stefan, only to blink and gape, before realisation dawned upon him. “Oi, jiggy, look over there!”
 
Stefan was about to reprimand Rolf for grabbing his attention by the use of the word `oi' before his curiosity got the better of him and he followed Rolf's gaze, to found it had landed on none other than three figures.
 
One figure was a female with whiskers and fangs, though her bangs were covering her eyes and she was standing west. Another was a man with long black hair tired up and a red stone jutting out of his forehead and he was standing south. The last was a tall male with fangs and whiskers, who appeared to be trying his best not to look at either of them.
 
You see, these three figures were at one of those path changing sections of the winding corridors. You could also choose to go east if you wanted to. And as you have guessed, the three figures in order to what has been said are Lethe, Soren and Ranulf.
 
Lethe simply stood there quietly as Ranulf began to walk again, his shoulder brushing past her shoulder. Lethe seemed to shiver briefly, almost as if what appeared to be a cold shoulder was psychically affecting her and her lower lip trembled a bit, before she shook her head and made her way along. Soren, observing the scene, glared at the disappearing back of Ranulf and then when his figure had vanished, cast a sympathetic one in the direction of Lethe. He then sighed and shook his head, bringing his hand to forehead, before he pivoted around and walked away in the direction he had just come.
 
Stefan blinked and turned to Rolf, a slightly worried expression fitted onto his face.
 
“That kinda tension?”
 
Rolf nodded.
 
Funny That 6: The Unexpected Truce; The Unexpected Team Up
 
Stefan was well aware something had to be done about whatever had happened. Firstly, he had to figure out what had been done. Besides, he didn't need to know what had caused this tension to get the urge to fix it. Ranulf looked like his heart had been turned to ice, Lethe was vulnerable looking and Soren looked flustered, sad and angry. What more was there needed to be known? Well, besides the cause…
 
“I think we need to ask Soren, `cause that'll be the easiest thing.”
 
Stefan raised his brow at Rolf.
 
“The temperamental magic wielder?”
 
“Well, Lethe though upset'll still be dangerous and Ranulf is not feeling very Ranulf like at the moment as far as I can tell.”
 
“So, you've finally stopped talking like a jackass?”
 
“Its too tiring given our current situation, but I'm still gonna call you jiggy.”
 
“Fair enough.”
 
“Y'know, not only is this affecting the atmosphere, but Lethe's lesson is tomorrow, right?”
 
Stefan's breath hitched in his throat. Rolf was right. And if she wasn't herself, then…well, people wouldn't get mauled, but they'd be upset she wasn't herself and start pestering her with questions and he figured that was not something she wanted. So, he came to the conclusion he could not ask Ranulf, Soren or Lethe about the events that had expired, so what was there to…
 
“Wait a…that book!”
 
“Sorry, I don't follow.”
 
“Lethe showed me a book, this odd book…”
 
“She showed you a book? Wow, but how the heck is that going to help?”
 
“It's a special book. Wherever Lethe carries it, it records what happens, word to word of what people say and draws really life like pictures!”
 
“Nani? You're pulling my bow…”
 
“No, seriously! If we can nab that book, no one'll feel pressured and we can find out the problem.”
 
“And we won't get mauled.”
 
“And we won't get mauled.”
 
“So, its with Lethe?” Rolf stated, twiddling his fingers. Stefan nodded slowly, closing his eyes, before shortly reopening them and grinning widely. He placed a hand on Rolf's shoulder and startled the boy glanced up at him, eyes gleaming with curiosity.
 
“Don't worry, we'll formulate a plan and go get it, together… jiggy junior.”
 
Rolf grinned back.
 
“Yup, we definitely will jiggy.”
 
Funny That 6: The Unexpected Truce; The Unexpected Team Up
 
It was quite nippy at the moment outside. The woman idly sitting on her own pushed her green locks from her line of view, shivering as a searing cold gust bellowed past her. Normally, sitting out on the paved patio of the royal garden and gazing at the sky was calming, though normally the temperature either tended to be just cold or windy, not a mixture of both at their maximum.
 
She let out a tired sigh, titling her head so she had full access to see the pale morning sky. She found herself shaking from the cold and brought her arms around herself, letting out another sigh, yet this one was tuneless.
 
“I wonder what everyone's doing…”
 
“Well, for one thing one's watching you.” A voice tenderly whispered. The woman stiffened; embarrassed she had been caught, before she glanced over her shoulder to see a blue haired lord smiling sweetly at her. Her heart skipped a beat and she felt her cheeks warming. Gulping, eyes wide she continued to stare at him, before uttering;
 
“Ike?”
 
“The one and only.”
 
She blinked as he made his way towards her, their hair being buffeted by the wind. He continued to smile her and finally getting to grips with her situation, she smiled back just as sweetly. “So, what on earth has possessed you to sit here in the cold, eh?” Ike queried lazily, settling down beside her. Her smile grew as she observed him quietly.
 
“I came here to think and settle my emotions, as they are a tad haywire at the moment. You?”
 
He replied, “I was drawn to you. I didn't like the thought of you sitting here by your lonesome and being cold.” She blushed harder, but turned back to face the night sky. They sat in silence, until it was shattered.
 
“Do you…want to play a game?” She questioned. Ike blinked in her direction, before a grin breeched the borders of his cheeks.
 
“Why not? What did you have in mind your majesty?”
 
Elincia frowned at him slightly for his comment, which caused him to chuckle lightly, but regarding his comment, a smirk unlike one that usually graced her features appeared.
 
“Well, I was hoping we could play a game of I-spy, my Lord.”
 
Ike frowned and gave her the `look' but she just shrugged it off smirking. Ike allowed his mind to drift for a few moments. Had Shinon's smugness rubbed off on her? Well anyways…
 
“Ok, who is gonna start?”
 
“You?”
 
“Sure. Ok, I spy with my little eye something beginning with…t.”
 
“Tree.”
 
“Bah.”
 
“My turn. I spy something beginning with…I.”
 
“Ill?”
 
“Huh? No.”
 
“Um…iris!”
 
“No…”
 
“What then? I can't see anything else.”
 
“You're pretty dense.”
 
“Bah.”
 
“You.”
 
“Not dense….”
 
“No, you. I-K-E.”
 
The blue haired lord blinked confusedly, before glancing at the beaming face of the Queen. Oh, he did begin with I, right… yup, Ike was rather dense…
 
“Well anyways, I spy with my little eye something beginning with…uh…Stefan and Rolf?”
 
“What?”
 
Elincia followed Ike's stunned and bewildered expression, to have one extremely similar grace her features. Surely enough, high up on Crimea royal castle, shimmying along were Rolf and Stefan, determined looks set in place. Their hair was also being whipped around and it seemed to be agitated them as they continuously flicked it away. It seemed to hamper their vision and whenever they flicked it away, they would either stumble backward or forward. Rolf looked very uneasy.
 
This was no surprise to Ike, as Rolf himself was afraid of heights and here he was, shimmying across a large castle along a very narrow and long ledge. Ike suddenly stood up, followed shortly by Elincia, who was still in the shocked stage. He whipped his head around to face her. “C'mon Elincia, we gotta go get Rolf and Stefan before anything bad happens!” He exclaimed, urgency in his voice.
 
The green haired royalty nodded frantically and Ike grabbed her hand and began running. After a few moments, they reached the castle, glancing up as the two above continued along.
 
“Ike, however did they get up there?” She asked with fear in her voice. With gritted teeth, the lord shook his head.
 
“You can never tell, but Stefan is unpredictable, he must have found a way. Elincia, this is your castle, surely you know of some route…” Elincia closed her eyes and proceeded to think, hers and Ike's anxiety growing rapidly. Ike heard a yelp and this snapped Elincia out of her thinking. They looked up to see small debris coming down and Rolf's foot stuck in a hole on the ledge. Stefan had too stopped and also was staring with clenched teeth. You see, that ledge was only a large strip; there were no windows available to jump out of on this strip.
 
At this particular moment, unaware of the drama, a sulking Lethe, a quiet Ranulf and frustrated Soren all chose to come out from different entrances to the royal garden, all at the same time. They all gawked at Ike and Elincia, who were gaping back at them. Then, their minds registered the look of panic on their faces and they looked up and gasped.
 
“What the heck is going on there?” Ranulf exclaimed in shock. All three, disregarding their tension rushed towards Ike and Elincia, their expressions fearful and inquisitive.
 
“Stefan and Rolf are up there doing something for some reason and Rolf's foot is stuck, he can't move!” Ike explained hastily. Another yelp was heard, courtesy of Rolf and a gasp courtesy of Stefan. It was then at that point Stefan and Rolf noticed the little group gawking up at them in terror, helpless expressions on their faces. Ike sobered up and yelled; “What on earth are you doing brining a little boy up there?”
 
“Look Ike, you can beat the hell outta me with Aether and Vague Katti later, but right now we need to get Rolf out!”
 
“Can't you reach him?” Soren called out, frowning.
 
A look of helplessness formed on Stefan's face.
 
“If I move, the movement will cause the already fragile part of the ledge to break and Rolf will plummet quickly but you will not be able to catch him, as he will most surely fall on that spike jutting out there!” He explained, pointing to a large spike. Rolf gulped and tears began to well in his eyes.
 
“Stefan, I don't wanna die!”
 
“Don't worry kid, ya won't!”
 
“Dammit! Aren't there any Pegasus Knights around Elincia?”
 
Another yelp from Rolf was heard. More debris came down.
 
Tears in her own eyes, Elincia shook her head.
 
“They've all gone for the annual Begnigon (SP?) Pegasus Knights festival.”
 
“Gah! You have got to be kidding me!”
 
“Ike!”
 
“Ah dammit! There's no time anyway! All of us have to work together quickly!”
 
Elincia nodded, but there was hesitation from the other three. They gave each other reclusive and shifty eyes, uprising Ike's agitation. “Look you lot,” he sighed, addressing the three in a stern tone, “I have seen the tension between you three, I don't know what it is and I'm sorry for whatever happened, but I really couldn't care less at this moment in time. If you lot don't start working together, a life of a young boy will be lost, do you understand that?” Ike's voice rose near the end and Elincia clasped her hands together looking hopeful.
 
The three exchanging glances, before they all nodded, smiling. Ranulf focused his gaze on Ike and raised his hand, displaying a thumbs up.
 
“Let's do it!”
 
Funny That 6: The Unexpected Truce; The Unexpected Team Up
 
End
Tsuzuku
A/N: Plot twist! Were you expecting that? I feel bad for Stefan and Rolf, especially Rolf. They tried to do something nice, but they end up in a sticky situation. And you're wondering where everyone else is aren't you? Well, some may appear to join the mayhem, but who knows? I surely don't.
 
See ya next chapter.
 
The drama is gonna be tenfold : - |