Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In Love With The Zodiac ❯ Non Occultus [Part 2] ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
S.N.: Okay. Here’s part two of ‘Non Occultus’. It’s Akito’s reaction, and a bit later. I was listening to Redemption by Gackt. It’s a good song. n.n This probably won’t be very long…

Akito - 19, Kagome - 19

Disclaimer: … No anime or manga. No own them, not the creator.

---

Non Occultus
Part 2

“How come you never spoke up?”

Kagome looked over to Akito, his face was a bit lax, but held no emotion. His voice was soft, but there was an undertone of a threat. Her sterling orbs met his sky blue ones. A prolonged silence stretched between the two.

“You probably wouldn’t have believed me.”

Akito arched a dark eyebrow at the response, “I could have always had Hatori confirm it.”

Kagome looked away from the head of the Sohma family. She let her hands come to rest on her growing stomach. A child was growing in there. Her child. Only there because of the man in front of her.

‘I… I didn’t want to be thrown out, but knowing him, Akito would’ve kept me to know more of the jewel.’

Akito stood up and walked behind the keeper of the Shikon no Tama. He let his hands come to rest upon her shoulders. Her black-blue tresses flowed through his fingers as they acted as a comb.

Kagome could tell he was behind her, but at the moment she didn’t care. She was trying to concentrate on seeing if the child was a boy or girl. If she couldn’t though, she would always wait for an ultrasound if Akito allowed it.

“I wonder how the rest of my family will react. To me having a child, that is.” his hands were tugging a bit on her hair. Akito probably didn’t realize it or he ignored it and let it happen.

“They’d probably ask what, when, where, who, and why.” Kagome answered his unspoken question. He may have stated it as a statement, but it was a question underneath how he said it.

“Yes, but what emotions will they show? Anger? Surprise? Happiness?” by now his hands ceased their movements and rested there. His eyes were trained outside, on the gardens.

“It would depend on who you told. And if memory serves, this ‘Miss Honda’ would be surprised and happy. If how you described her is accurate, Akito.” Kagome leaned back a bit so she could look over her shoulder at the core of the Sohma curse.

“Yes, I suppose that is how she would react. That and her meddling in my family is getting on my nerves.” his sky blue orbs moved from outside to look at his priestess’ face. How was she going to react?

“She seems a bit too…” she started to say.

“Naïve.” Akito put in.

“To fully grasp the concept of your curse.” Kagome finished her sentence, looking Akito straight in the eyes.

‘She should leave before she gets hurt.’

“She should leave, but always seem to come back. A moth drawn to an open flame.” Akito said.

“Or a bug zapper.”

“Or a bug zapper. She’s meddling. And she visited for no reason, then other to bug me.” Akito stated. Kagome could see the disdain in his eyes, darkening them. Truthfully, when she thought of the girl, her stomach tightened and she had to hold back the urge to vomit.

“You never asked what you or me were going to name the child. He or she can’t go nameless.” the female Higurashi stated. Usually one of the conversations between the parents was what to name the child.

“Yes. A name for the child.” Akito was still grasping the concept of him becoming a father. He hadn’t expected it to happen, but he wanted a child to raise should the curse not be broken by the time he should die.

The thought of dying and leaving a child didn’t appeal well to Akito. But he needed a child, just this early was unexpected. Yet, he had a strange sense of … happiness in his chest at the thought.

‘I won’t be as bored around the main house anymore. With a child coming and all.’

“What about Hosyu or … Hyouden?” asked Kagome, looking expectantly at the head of the Sohma family. Her question snapped Akito out of his daze. He nodded, he heard the question.

“And if it’s a girl?” Akito questioned.

“I don’t know. You know any names, Akito?”

“Koubai, Fubuki, or Setsuko.” Akito replied.

“I like those names. Guess we’ll have to wait to see if it’s a boy or girl.” Kagome stated. She leaned back, her head on Akito’s right shoulder. Not once did her hands leave her stomach.

Akito watched as she let a smile find it’s was onto her face. It was rare she smiled and he was one to cherish it. Maybe, this could be a good this for both of them.

-Fin-

---

S.N.: n.n; a bit weird, but I like it. And if anyone was wondering, I just woke up and started writing err… typing this after I read the reviews and any new mail I might have had. n.n; Japanese time!

Japanese - English
Hosyu - conservative
Hyouden - field of eternal snow
Koubai - red blossomed plum tree
Fubuki - snow storm
Setsuko - melody child

I like these names. n.n R&R.