Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In Love With The Zodiac ❯ Phasma Pugno ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
S.N.: Here you go Natsumi Tsuchi-Ookami! Enjoy! The title roughly means “the spirit to fight”. I was listening to Pixy False by Phantasmagoria. That and Helena by my Chemical Romance.

Disclaimer: … same. No anime still! ;.;

---

Phasma Pugno

“Um Kyo, why are you all dressed up?” asked Tohru when she spotted the cat coming down the stairs.

“I’m going somewhere with Master.” he replied, his ruby eyes were trained on the floor in front of him.

“Oh.”

Her teal eyes watched as the Sohma went to the front door and got his shoes on. He had a solemn look on his face. Wherever he was going with his Master, it wasn’t going to be a happy one.

Tohru stood there a few moments after Kyo left. Sighing softly through her nose, the teenager went to the living room where Shigure and Yuki were.

“Shigure, where’s Kyo going? He was all dressed up and everything.”

The dog in question looked up, his brown eyes meeting Tohru’s. Shigure looked back down at the table, “He’s going to her grave. It’s the anniversary of her death I see. I was wondering why he was up there so long.”

“Her?”

“Master’s wife. He was allowed to be married. She was a priestess. Kyo was the closest to her, besides Master.” Yuki spoke to Tohru’s one word question. He remembered meeting her once or twice.

‘Oh. It must be painful to think about for them, especially Kyo.’ the girl thought as she made her way to the kitchen after hearing what was said. She was bent on making lunch for them, except Kyo, he was probably getting lunch with his Master.

---

Ruby eyes looked up to brownish amber orbs. Kazuma was in a black man’s kimono. The orange head noticed a woven basket in his Master’s grip.

“You sure we aren’t disrespecting her by bring food, Master?”

Kyo looked to Kazuma’s face, a small smile made it’s way there, “Positive Kyo. She isn’t one to really sit around in silence. Kagome would want us happy, even if it seems strange to others.”

The cat nodded, Kagome was always liked that. He remembered when she would tell him stories of her trips to Feudal Era. Kyo’s eyes started to glisten a bit with unshed tears, “I miss her. I wish she was still here.”

“So do I Kyo, so do I.” Kazuma muttered under his breath. He motioned with his free hand for Kyo to follow. The duo walked down the street to where the graves were kept. The trek was silent, both in each of their thoughts.

---

“What was she like?” asked Tohru when lunch was made. Her, Yuki, and Shigure were at the table eating. Yuki and Shigure were quiet since she brought up Kyo looking like he was going somewhere important.

“Hm? Oh, Kagome, she was something else. She knew about the curse, yet it didn’t bother her. It…was like she had seen curses before.” Shigure said. He knew a bit about Kagome, the older juunishi knew her.

“She treated Kyo like her own son. She treated all of Master’s students like they were her children, but mainly Kyo. Seeing how he lived with Master.” Yuki put in. He knew Kagome, but not a lot. She was nice to them, even wit knowledge of the curse.

“Oh. What did Kagome look like, if you don‘t mind me asking.”

Both Yuki and Shigure gave small smiles.

“Well, she had silky run-your-fingers-through raven hair. Her eyes were like the morning mist that had a blue tint to them. And-”

Yuki threw three sliced pickled radishes at Shigure. He managed to get one in the dog of the juunishi‘s mouth. “Don’t be disrespectful Shigure.” He looked over at Tohru, opting to continue, “She wasn’t ugly, but not overly pretty. That’s what attracted Master. She was herself, not trying to be someone else.”

Shigure nodded, he ate the radishes that were on his face, well two out of three seeing how the third he ate beforehand unwontedly. The inu let a wry smile cross his face, “Aya liked her. He thought of her as a sister he never had.”

Tohru’s eyes widened, this Kagome must’ve knew the juunishi well.

---

The pair stopped in front of a grave. Kazuma bent down, set the basket down and rest his hand on where the name was carved. Kyo looked over at him, he knew what he was feeling, only his Master was more distraught.

“If only she hadn’t fallen ill. She’d still be here.” Kazuma spoke softly, mainly to himself, but Kyo could tell that his voice was starting to crack a bit. The cat took a step forward and bent down next to his Master.

“It couldn’t have been prevented. No one foresaw it. Not even Hatori.”

“…I know. But, I still feel like it could’ve been.”

Kyo didn’t respond to this. A lump formed in his throat. The cat didn’t trust his voice at the moment. He was thankful when Kazuma opened the woven basket set a separate owl of oden on the grave with a few irises.

“Her favorite food.”

‘Her specialty as well.’ Kyo added mentally to himself.

The cat let his eyes drift upwards to the sky. Kagome was always like the day. Bright, optimistic, cheerful, and down-to-earth. she kept a smile on in dark times, opting to let nothing get her down. He told her that.

---

“’Gome?”

“H mm?”

A young Kyo smiled, “You’re like day. Like the sun.”

Kagome chuckled, “Thank you, sweetie.”

Young Kyo blushed and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

---

“She never liked dwelling in the past. Only if it was used to tell stories.”

“Hmm. Yeah.”

“Her spirit kept fighting even if she was ill.”

Kyo nodded his head. She had a spirit to fight.

---

S.N.: n.n; Yeah… I’m ending it here. Next will be Hatori/Kagome!!!! n.n R&R. Yeah, Kyo went home, they asked it how it went, he went to bed a bit happy.