Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In Love With The Zodiac ❯ Curo ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
S.N.: I had to get this typed. n.n; It was bugging me since I put up the KazumaKagome story one shot thing. The title means “to care for/pay attention to”. This bit when they are outside is from the manga. In the anime, Hatori doesn’t see Kana again, only hears that she’s getting married from Ayame, who offers pictures. I was listening to King Of Pain by The Police.

Hatori - 27, Kagome - 27

Disclaimer: you should know this by now.

---

Curo

“I’m cold.” it was the first thing out of his mouth when he woke up.

“You’re outside on a bench, of course. … And under your coat.” Hatori looked to his left to see Tohru Honda standing near him. Her teal eyes held concern. The juunishi sat up, intent on getting his clothes back on.

“Here, I’ll go get something warm to drink. All right, Hatori?” Tohru didn’t wait for a reply. She left off in the direction she knew had warm drinks. Her brown hair trailed behind her as she walked. By now, Hatori was fully dressed and sitting normally on the bench.

The ryuu sat there, his green eyes looked up as Kana and two of her friends passed. ‘She’s getting married… At least she’s happy.’ he wouldn’t lie to himself, he… was a bit jealous of her happiness.

He let his thoughts drift of to when he was in high school. There was this one girl, before Kana. The infamous ‘sick girl’. her grandfather made up the most outrageous sicknesses, and said them as if they existed. Some of them did, not all though.

Kagome. That was her name. She was smart, but her grades were terrible due to her absences. It was a miracle that she graduated and got into a decent college. No one really heard of her since. Her family, yes. Friends? Not really, no.

Ayame liked to play with her hair when she was at school. Especially braiding it, it was a bit more of an obsession, though. But, Kagome would let him, even if her face mimicked a tomato that was placed in a microwave and forgotten about.

Her friends were another thing though. They kept trying to set her up with Hojo Akitoki. She managed to avoid said person though. Guess her illnesses came in handy for that, but he gave her items for said illnesses.

How was she doing? Was she all right? She was a friend he, Ayame, and Shigure had outside of the main house. She didn’t know of the curse, but she was someone they could talk to. Ayame certainly did, as did Shigure.

“Hatori!”

Green eyes looked to his right. The person he was thinking about was with Tohru Honda. Both had drinks with them, Tohru had two, Kagome had one, for herself. He watched as the two females made their way over, and stood up as they neared.

Hatori nodded to Tohru, before turning his attention to Kagome. “I see you’re doing fine. Your illness not hindering you?” the ryuu found a tiny bit of amusement as he watched Kagome’s cheeks color.

“Of course they don’t, Ha’ri. How are Aya and ‘Gure nowadays?”

“Fine. Ayame owns a fabric store and tailors clothes. Shigure’s a novelist.” the juunishi’s ears heard a faint snort from the priestess.

“Aya was always the fashionable one of the bunch. Figure ‘Gure gets to be lazy. Let me guess, he tortures his editor?”

“Yes.” Hatori answered. He had a sweat drop on the back of his head out of exasperation. Shigure did all her could to torture his editor. That and make her anxious near a deadline. He was going to be the death of that woman soon.

“How are things going with you?” deep cerulean eyes peered up at him through long lashes. Curiosity making them have a glow to them. Her blue-black tresses fell over her shoulders as she cocked her head to her let.

Hatori couldn’t really find his voice. He noticed Tohru looked between him and Kagome, from the corner of his eye. She smiled her smile, “How about I leave you two so you can catch up? Oh! Here you go Hatori.”

The juunishi took the hot drink from the teenager. He watched her leave, before opening the coffee flavored drink and taking a sip. “Things… have been fine. Akito gets sick as always. I’m starting to think that that’s his specialty.”

His gaze went back to her when he heard a giggle come from her. “Figures. I take it Akito takes up most of your time?”

“Yes she does.”

“When you get back, can you tell her I said ‘hi‘?”

“I don’t see why not.” Hatori answered. She may have knew Akito, but she didn’t know of the curse. Kagome’s father would bring her over and she met Akito when the core of the curse was young. The two weren’t friend friends, but they could get along if necessary.

Kagome started walking in the direction Tohru took, making Hatori fall in step next to her. The silence between the two was a comfortable one. But, that was until the priestess looked at her watch on her right wrist.

“Oh! I’m sorry Ha’ri. I have to go. See you around!” with that Kagome took off down the road to her left, she waved as she jogged to where she was going. At least Kagome was doing fine.

Before Kana, he cared for someone, maybe not love. But, he could depend on Kagome, she was a good friend of him, Shigure, and Ayame. Yet, Kana was getting married. The ryuu looked down at his drink. Maybe, he could love Kagome.

-Fin-

---

S.N.: n.n; Here you go! Uhh… A bit weird, but I like it. n.n R&R.