Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In Love With The Zodiac ❯ Fortuno ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
S.N.: XD YukiKagome! I was listening to Boys by Smile DK. I decided to make this happy! :3 Title means ‘to make happy’. Twelve days until my birthday. Normally I wouldn’t pay it much attention, especially since the death of my grandma, but I can’t help but count down and wonder when the hell I’m going to do my summer reading! X3 this isn’t going into detail what they talked about, I’m leaving that to your own imaginations.

Yuki - 16, Kagome - 16

Disclaimer: Do I need to say it? It’s on the first chapter… damn uppity lawyers… think they own the world suing people who write fan fiction and joke around about claiming an anime or two. If they did own the anime, they wouldn’t be writing fan fiction… -_-

---

Fortuno

Yuki sighed, before letting his eyes travel to the draw of his nightstand by his bed. Inside contained a photograph. The nezumi of the juunishi let a small smile cross his face at the thought of his childhood friend.

Kagome Higurashi.

Her father was a good friend of the previous head of the family. When he was killed in a car crash. Friends of he father went to the funeral. Yuki remembered standing by her side. Akito was a few people over.

‘I wonder, how is she doing… I hope the illness her grandfather said she had wasn’t real.’ with that thought, the gray haired teenager went downstairs to the phone. Shigure was in the dining room, Kyo was outside, and Tohru was in the kitchen preparing dinner.

The juunishi held the phone to his ear as he dialed the number. His left hand trembled a bit, butterflies were in his stomach. When had he gotten this worked up over a simple phone call to his friend.

If Ayame was there, he would’ve commented and told Shigure.

Swallowing thickly, Yuki listened to the ringing coming from the receiver. He clenched his eyes closed for a few minutes and took a few deep breathes to calm his heart and nerves.

“Hello?”

Yuki’s violet orbs snapped open at the voice. It was Kagome who answered! Perhaps she was over her so called ‘illness’.

“Uh…hello, Kagome.” the nezumi silently cursed and berated himself for sounding like an idiot. Soft laughter entered his left ear from the other end of the line.

“Hello Yuki. How are you?”

Kagome’s voice melted away his nervous nerves, yet at the same time they surged more than ever. When had he gotten this nervous from a simple conversation?

“I-I’m fine. How are you today, Kagome? Your illnesses aren’t getting you down or anything are they?” god he was making a total fool of himself. Stuttering and the whole nine yards! The nezumi heard faint giggling coming from the girl on the other end.

“I’m fine as well. My illnesses aren’t getting me down. Grandpa tends to over exaggerate.”

Yuki let himself have a small laugh, “Yes he does. How’s your family?” when she answered, it was now or never. He never really got to spend time with his friend, the only one Akito let him see outside of the family.

“They’re fine. Souta’s in soccer and there is a tournament sometime next week. Mamma is her usual self, and grandpa still slaps his sutras on people he thinks are ‘demons’.”

“I see. Um…I was wondering are you free sometime tomorrow or the next day?” Yuki was lucky tomorrow and the next day were Saturday and Sunday. The butterflies were in his stomach full force, constantly fluttering around and making this worse than it had to be.

“Hm… I’m not doing anything tomorrow, but I have to help my friends with something Sunday. Tomorrow I’m free. Why do you ask?”

She just had to counter with a question, “Uh…um…maybe we could catch up. I don’t get to see you as much, a simple walk in the park if that’s okay.” Kami, his palms were sweating and his hands were slightly trembling.

“Sure Yuki! I’m always happy to see a friend of mine! Is ten in the morning okay?”

“Yeah. … See you then, Kagome.”

“Bye!”

The line went dead, the dial tone buzzed in Yuki’s ear. The nezumi felt as if a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. She agreed! He set the receiver back where it belonged and went to the dining room where Shigure was.

“You seem happy. Something good happen to you Yuki?” the inu of the juunishi asked after seeing the dazed look in his younger cousins eyes. It wasn’t every day a dreamy look crosses those soft, guarded, violet orbs of the nezumi.

“I’m going to be going out tomorrow. I don’t know when I’ll be back.” came the soft reply from Yuki. It wasn’t everyday he went out and not know when he was going to be back.

Shigure decided to leave it at that seeing how dinner was done. Not long after, Kyo joined them to eat. Shigure had complimented her on her wonderful cooking. It was peaceful seeing how the cat and rat didn’t say anything to each other through out it.

---

Morning came fast to the sleeping occupants in the house. It was the day of Yuki’s ‘date’ as his cousin Shigure put it. Though, the nezumi didn’t know what to wear. Something simple or something casual?

The only thing he could agree on was pants, but shirts stumped him.

The juunishi had two different shirts. He was in the bathroom, finished taking a shower and morning routine. Yuki was stumped. Which one? The short sleeved one or the short sleeved one? Both were simple and he liked both, but which one?

Opening the door enough to walk out, he spotted Shigure reading this mornings newspaper. Said person looked up to her shirtless cousin holding up two shirts. The inu rubbed his chin, Yuki was taking this seriously.

“Hm… I’d have to say the grayish lavender one with the dark purple borders. Blue on the other on clashes a bit with your eyes.”

Yuki nodded his thanks and waked to the bathroom again, only to come out with said shirt put on. Breakfast was already done with and the nezumi made his way to the front door. Yuki put his shoes on before leaving quietly to pick up Kagome so they could go to the park.

---

Around seven at night was when Yuki came back. A small smile graced his face, a happy look in his eyes. Shigure took this time to study his cousin. The nezumi’s left hand was on his cheek.

“Your date go well Yuki?”

He saw the gray-silver head nod. ‘It was better than good.’ a soft, dreamy-like sigh escaped Yuki’s lips before he made his way to his room. This feeling he had, it was wonderful. He let his hand slide to rest on his lips.

He kissed his childhood friend.

‘Yes, I am in love with her and Kagome didn’t reject me.’

-Fin-

---

S.N.: Happy! n.n how you like? R&R. Dunno who to do next…