Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In Love With The Zodiac ❯ Inicio ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
S.N.: Here’s a ShigureKagome one. Next is HaruKagome. Title means “don/inspire”. n.n there are going to be more than one pairing for each male from FB. I’m just doing one for each guy right now.

Shigure - 27, Kagome - 27

Disclaimer: … -.-; no anime.

---

Inicio

The inu of the juunishi sighed. The ideas weren’t flowing like they used to when he first started writing. Shigure set the pen between his nose and upper lip, balancing it there as he thought.

He looked up at the ceiling above him. It was the middle of the day. Tohru, Kyo, and Yuki were out of the house and at school. The inu let his eyes travel to the hall by his study. The phone was out there.

‘No. I have to think of more ideas. … But, Mii wouldn’t mind if I had a chat of inspiration would she? Most likely not if it get the words flowing onto the paper.’ with that Shigure stood and made his way into the hall.

Picking up the receiver, the inu put it to his ear and momentarily thought. Who to call? Aya was at his shop, Ha’ri was probably tending to Akito. Shigure’s shoulders slumped as he sighed.

“I know! I’ll call Kagome! She’s probably not busy, staying at the main house and all.” satisfied with the person he was calling, the juunishi dialed said person’s number. He could hear the phone on the other end ringing.

The other line rang a few times before it was picked up and a feminine voice made its way over. The voice was soft, yes, but a bit alto as well. Shigure gave small smile, this was the voice of his friend Kagome, it was unmistakable.

“Hello?”

“Hi, ‘Gome! How’ve you been? Life treating you well?” Shigure’s smile grew a bit after his questions.

A soft chuckle met his ears, “I’ve been good ‘Gure. Life has been nice to me. How are Aya and Ha’ri?”

“They’re fine. Have you been to Aya’s shop though? And besides, you live not far from Ha’ri, being in the main house and all, so you should know if he’s fine or not.” the inu of the juunishi replied. It was nice to hear his friend’s voice. It was like a small bell going back and forth chiming away the day. He never grew tired of it.

“I need to visit soon. Haven’t been there in a month and a half! Yeah, I know. Ha’ri has his hands full with Akito.”

Shigure gave a small sigh, but didn’t loose his smile, “Yes, yes. I’m thinking that’s Akito’s specialty, getting sick. How’s it been at the main house, with Akito making you stay there and all?”

“Good. Akito likes it when I see how he is and all. But, then again, he’s been like that since I found about the zodiac curse.” Kagome gave her sweet reply, in Shigure’s opinion. Akito liked how he felt better in her presence, her being a priestess and all.

“Have you seen your family at all? If so, how are they doing?”

“They’re good Shigure. Akito let’s me leave once in a while to visit them. They say ‘hi’.” yes, it was like Akito kept Kagome locked up like a caged bird, only letting her out when he deemed it right to.

“I see. Next time you see them I said ‘hi’ as well. Anyway, I’m getting distracted-”

“When don’t you, ‘Gure?” Kagome momentarily but in.

“You’re cruel, ‘Gome. … Ahem. As I was saying, would you like to come over? I’m soooo bored, ‘Gome!” Shigure whined the last bit into the mouthpiece of the phone. He could hear Kagome’s laughter from the other end.

“I figured as much, Shigure. Why not? Akito won’t mind if it’s to your place. Be there soon! Bye!” with that the priestess hung up. Shigure smiled, more, she usually gave him ideas. He sighed in a happy way, sweet Kagome was coming over!

---

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Shigure looked up at the sound of a knock on his front door about half an hour later. He stood and walked from his study, he could tell that was Kagome by how she knocked. It was fun when she liked to pretend with him and Ayame.

When the inu opened the door, Kagome’s smiling face greeted him. But something was off. Now he knew, it was a little tick mark and slight twitch of her left eyebrow. Shigure also spotted Ayame’s clothes under her arm.

“Aya’s with you?” the juunishi received a nod.

“Ah yes! What kind of gentleman would I be if I let our little ‘Gome walk in the woods on her own?” the hebi slithered out of his friend’s top to look at Shigure with golden eyes.

The inu of the juunishi had a small smile on his face, “And here I thought I was the pervert. Aya, you get more attention then I do!”

“Don’t worry Shigure! You’ll always be special to me.”

“Am I not included?” questioned Kagome, a hand over her heart and a sad look on her face. False tears were in her eyes.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be the number one woman in our hearts. Isn’t that right, Aya?” Shigure said, looping an arm around the woman’s shoulders, even if he were to transform.

“Yes. No one could take your place, ‘Gome!” the still-a-snake Ayame said.

The black-haired Sohma grinned, “all right. Come on in you two. Can’t have you two staying on the front step while you’re here, can I?”

Kagome gave a small laugh as she walked into Shigure’s house, taking her shoes off on the way in. Ayame came out of her shirt and onto her shoulders as warm air was around them.

---

“Bye ‘Gure, Miss Honda, Yu-chan, Kyokinchi!” Kagome laughed as she heard Kyo shout something about not calling him that. But other than that, her and Ayame heard normal goodbyes.

Closing the door, the two trekked back to the Main Sohma house.

“That was fun! I got to see all my favorite people in one day!” the young woman pumped a fist in the air as she walked, a large grin on her face.

Ayame looked over to the woman beside him, “Yes. I even got to see my dear brother.” a smile, too, wormed its way onto his slightly tanned face.

Kagome hummed in agreement, “We should do it again sometime!”

The hebi of the juunishi nodded with his friend.

---
Shigure smiled as he wrote more of the story he was working on. Kagome was definitely a good person to call over for inspiration. Aya coming over was an added bonus for the fun.

‘So what if I get distracted easily, I know one thing is definite.’

The inu looked out the open shoji door into the surrounding woods. A small grin on his face as he rested his face on his closed hand that held the pen.

‘I’m in love with Kagome.’

-Fin-

---

S.N.: Yay! I finished it!! n.n R&R please.