Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In Love With The Zodiac ❯ Iconsideratus ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

S.N.: Sorry for the wait, I apologize for not putting up the HaruKagome pairing that some of you wanted. I am a bit stumped on what to do for a one shot for them. This is my RitsuKagome pairing! :D The title means “without thought”.
 
Ritsu - 22, Kagome - 21 1/2
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Fruits Basket, `cause if I did, my muses would make them a Vanilla Series-type anime (with explicit hentai and yaoi). I feel so embarrassed to admit that!
 
---
 
Iconsideratus
 
Kagome smiled as she sat outside on the porch with Ritsu at Shigure's house. Tohru was in the kitchen making lunch seeing how they had no school today. Her blue-gray eyes took in the sight of the white condensed water vapor drift by in the atmosphere.
 
“K-Kagome-chan, ojamashimasu?”
 
“Nani Ritsu? No, you aren't bothering me. If you were, I wouldn't have you sitting next to me.” The smiling girl gave the deep brown-eyed saru of the juunishi a happy smile and took his hand in hers.
 
A light blush came onto Ritsu's cheek bones as he looked into her eyes. She was so nice to him, like Tohru. Only, there was something more for her than there was for the sixteen year old that is staying with his older cousin Shigure.
 
Kagome smiled at the saru once more before looking back to the sky. He could tell she was happy for her eyes had a certain sparkle in them. Sure, in his family the members of the zodiac had strange eye and eye color, but Kagome special.
 
Sure Tohru had teal eyes, but it was like there were all shades of blue in Kagome's eyes with a few shades of gray.
 
“Ne, Ritsu?” Her special eyes were locked with his again.
 
“Y-yes, Kagome-chan?” Kami, he sounded like a stuttering fool.
 
“You know the only actual eye colors are blue and brown. All the other colors are merely different mixtures of the two pigments.”
 
Ritsu blinked and noted that the inu of the juunishi also looked up at the miko that was sitting next to him. A small, shy, uncertain smile came onto his face, “They are?”
 
“Yeah, I don't know how I remembered that, but I did. It was an interesting fact that miraculously stayed in my mind despite the fact I slept a lot through my classes.” Kagome closed her eyes and interlaced her fingers with Ritsu's, her palm against his.
 
Shigure smiled at the embarrassed face of his younger cousin. It was amazing that with his shy nature and tendency to think everything was his fault, that he would actually meet someone that didn't mind that and let it brush passed her like it was nothing.
 
“Are you two going to be joining us for lunch?” Shigure smiled when both shot him confused looks. It was like they had forgotten that fact.
 
He got two nods as an affirmative, “Just making sure.” It was amusing at how intone the two were when they were together. Maybe that was what grew them together…. The inu didn't know, but that might have been one reason.
 
`At least Ritsu isn't as prone to apologizing as he usually is with Kagome around. Though…he tends to get embarrassed easier instead.' He stole a sly glance at the duo sitting on the porch side-by-side, `Maybe, just maybe, those two are meant to be.'
 
A stupid smile wormed its way onto Shigure's face, `I feel an inspiration for a new book coming on.' He hid his silent snickering behind the newspaper in his grasp. It crinkled where he was holding it tightly from laughing.
 
“Lunch is ready!”
 
---
 
“This is really good Tohru-chan!” Kagome smiled to the younger next to her, who in turn smiled back at her with a small blush from the compliment that was given to her.
 
“Arigatou, Kagome-chan. I'm glad you like it.”
 
Ritsu, who was sitting across from Kagome, looked up at her shyly. His deep brown eyes smiled at the sight of her happy smile.
 
“So Ritsu, are you bringing our dear sweet Kagome anywhere?” Shigure inwardly snickered at the deep blush that covered the saru's face. Kagome looked to Shigure as the other three looked to Ritsu.
 
“He is. Just for a walk, but it'll be in a nice park and the walk to and from here is an added bonus since it is through a quiet forest.” The miko answered, a tad oblivious to the darker shade of red growing on the brunette's cheeks.
 
Blue-gray eyes looked to the juunishi in question, a curious frown on her face from the redness of his face. Kagome reached across the table to rest the back of her hand on his forehead, “Are you all right, Ritsu? We can bring you back home if you're not up to the walk…” she bit her lip at the end of her sentence.
 
Ritsu gulped, “I-I'm fine K-Kagome-chan. W-we can still go on o-our walk in the p-park.” His eyes were drawn to where her teeth caught the bottom lips of hers in between them, lightly nibbling…
 
Ritsu blushed even more and ducked his head in embarrassment. Kagome withdrew her hand, satisfied that he was feeling well enough to go on a walk with her. Yuki had a small knowing smile and his face and Kyo had an eyebrow raised at his weird cousin. Tohru blinked confused at the duo.
 
Shigure let a smile on his face, which was the second indicator (the first being his eyes) of his amusement of the sight.
 
---
 
“That was nice wasn't it, Ritsu?” Kagome looked over to the saru as they walked from the park they went to from Shigure's house a little after lunch had ended. The sun was starting to show signs of starting to set.
 
“H-hai…” a light pink blush was on his cheeks. His deep brown eyes looked to the priestess out of the corner of his eyes.
 
Looking up momentarily, Kagome pause. Her eyes widened before she turned to Ritsu and gave him a quick peck on the lips, “Gomen, demo I have to get home now. I promised my mom I'd watch Souta! Ja, Ritsu!”
 
Kagome left the stunned and embarrassed saru standing there as he watched her run off in the direction of her home, seeing how she still lived with her mom and grandfather at his shrine.
 
The wind blew quietly as Ritsu brought a hand up to his lips. She…she had kissed him on the lips. Sure it had been for a quick instance, but it was a kiss nonetheless. The juunishi blushed darker before setting off in the direction he live.
 
It had given him hope. Sure he was cursed, but that didn't change Kagome's view of him. Ritsu had a happy sparkle in his eye; he knew he was attracted to the priestess. Maybe even loved her, he wasn't sure.
 
­-Fin-
 
---
 
S.N.: I'm happy! :D I wrote my first RitsuKagome! I'm sorry for the long wait, and I apologize deeply for not giving people their HaruKagome one shot, but I am having a brain fart with that one shot right now. I may need an idea or two. Review please! :)