Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ All I Ever Needed ❯ All I Ever Needed ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Epilogue: All I Ever Needed
 
 
*************
“Passion. It lies in all of us; sleeping, waiting. It speaks to us…guides us. Passion rules us all… and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments: the joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live life without passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace…but we would be hollow; empty rooms: shuttered and dank. Without passion…we'd be truly dead.”
 
*************
-Angel
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
 
Six Months Later
“It's so hard having her gone” Kyo whispered, standing at the doorway of the empty room. “I keep expecting her to show up out of no where, tripping over air or something.” Yuki came up behind him, a somber expression on his face.
“I know what you mean,” Yuki said. And for that moment, just for that moment…they were not the cat and the rat, enemies until the day they died…they were just two humans; sharing their pain.
“I don't know what I'm going to do,” Kyo spoke barely audible, almost to himself. “I don't think I'll be able to live without her. Maybe if I hadn't loved her so much, it wouldn't have been so hard to lose her. But I can't imagine not loving her. I don't think there was one second since the day I met her that I didn't love her. I can't remember a time when I didn't love her so much I couldn't stand it and now…” he choked off, “I can't live without that goofy smile she always wore. There was nothing in this world I wanted any more than her…” Kyo looked across the room, where Tohru had lived since that fateful day, to the window and up past it to the bright blue sky above.
“She was all I ever needed.”
 
THE END
 
 
 
 
Ending Notes: Once again, I would like to thank everyone for helping me out with this and pushing me to finish it! Counting all the months I forgot about this story, it took me two years to actually get around to finishing it! 103 pages in Microsoft Word people! Quite an accomplishment, if I do say so myself! ^_^ But really, everyone, thanks so much for your wonderful support, compliments, pointers, and just plain grumbling about “How could you kill off the main character?!” And Lindsay, we should make you a badge, okay? ^_^ My #1 fan remember? Lol. I love you all, and yes, I will start working on more fan-fiction. Like I said at the beginning of the story, I might start experimenting with Kisa and Hiro, so please tune in for that. Anyway, thank you sooo much for reading my Fruits Basket fan fiction. Thank you to Natsuki Takaya for sharing the magical world in her head with all of us. So, for now, this has been Natilie Sawada, signing out!