Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Her Tears ❯ Her Tears ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
HER TEARS
A Fruits Basket Ficlet

Written by Miyu, Vampire Princess

AUTHOR'S NOTES: I should have something witty to write here, but I don't. This is just a cute, little introspective my muses came up with. Told from Kyo's point of view. Kyo x Tohru centric. Dramatic and cute fluff. A Standard Disclaimer follows the story.




I hate it when she cries.

It's not very often, at least, not any more. Bu whenever I see her tears, a part of me dies inside. Even if I'm not responsible (which I usually am). They drive me crazy with sadness. With anger.

"OH! Oh...goodness!"

"Just hang in there, Tohru."

With grief.

"It...hurts, Kyo-kun...."

"I know, hun."

With fear.

Once upon a time, her tears depressed me. Filled me with trepidation and hurt. I was a scary guy back then, I'm unhappy to admit. A self-absorbed bully who cared about no one but himself. And why should I have? No one gave a damn about me.

Not my father.

Not my family.

"AH! Ouch...."

"You're doing just fine, Tohru."

Then she came along. Unwittingly. Unwillingly. She became a part of the family without even trying. Became my friend without really trying.

Well, all right. There was a little effort on her part. But I let her in.

Her tears made me do it.

"I...can't...."

"Yes, you can."

I'm such a sucker.

"Just breathe."

"I...can't...stop!"

Easily, she became my life. I was a monster, destined to be locked away. There was no way she could want to be with me. But I needed her, even if she didn't need me.

"Okay, this is it."

"Hatori-san!"

"Almost there. Breathe."

"I am!"

"Not you, Kyo. Your wife."

"Sorry."

I was terrified of hurting her. Of scaring her away.

"I think she needs more meds, Hatori."

"Actually, Kyo, I think YOU need the meds."

I was terrified of falling in love with her.

But I did.

So much has happened since that day. So many different types of tears. But now here we are. In Hatori's office. Breathing like idiots. I think I'm going to pass out if I take another deep drag. But I try to remain focused for her. No one else can do it since Hatori and Tohru are kinda busy.

"Once more, Tohru."

"AHHH!"

"Gotcha!"

"Wa-waaa!"

She's been in pain for nearly five hours. Five very LONG hours. Strapped to a bed and exposed to the world should put anyone to shame. But one quickly gets over it. Trust me.

"It's over?"

"Yes," I tell her.

"May I see? Please?"

"Of course," Hatori says. "Just let me clean up."

And now, after just a few short minutes, those tears of pain are tears of joy.

"So beautiful," she whispers.

"Beautiful...and loud."

"Like her father."

"Hey...."

And it's those tears that have me crying tears of joy, too. I know, men aren't supposed to cry. But I simply can't help it.

"Look at those eyes, Kyo-kun. And her tiny feet!"

"And those little fists."

"Definitely like her father," Hatori comments over us both.

"Hey...!"

Until today, I thought loving Tohru was the best thing to happen to me.

"What's her name?"

"I'm no sure. Tohru?"

Now, it's the little girl in my arms.

Tohru smiles proudly and announces, "Kyoko."

"You sure?"

She nods. "Yes."

And it's Kyoko's tiny tears that have brought us closer.

"Well, hello, Kyoko."

"Wa-waaaaa!"

I'm going to lose my mind all over again.


~OWARI~

DISCLAIMER:
Fruits Basket is owned by Natsuki Takaya/HAKUSENSHA - TV TOKYO - NAS - Fruba Project and licensed by FUNimation Productions, Ltd (for anime distribution) and Tokyopop (for manga distribution). All copyrights go to them and not me. All characters are used here without permission. Please do not sue. I have no money, although I would be happy to give away my bills. ^_^