Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ I Just Want to Be Loved ❯ Fancy Cooking with the Cat ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
---------------------------------
Yuki’s POV
-----------------------------------
I followed Kyo into the kitchen, barely sparing a glance for Haru. How Kyo had known that he was here was beyond me, but when we came rushing down Black Haru had been strangling Shigure.

Shigure pushed passed me, shaking me from my thoughts. I looked down and felt a small shock of anger pass through me. “Shigure…” I growled.

He looked back at me with a half-scared half- I’m so adorable don’t hurt me-look on his face. “Y-yes Yuki?….”

“You’re wearing shoes in the house.” I don’t know why he always does that, he never bothers to take off his shoes. And who has to clean up later? Me. Or Tohru

Shigure let out a slight embarrassed laugh and pulled his shoes off. “Sorry Yuki…”

“Who cares, it’s just shoes.” Kyo had on an adorable white apron that said “Kiss the Cook” spelled out in vegetables with a picture of a kitty with a frying pan. A sprig of parsley hung from his mouth. He always had to chew on something while cooking, I had noticed that a while ago. Currently he was sorting out the ingredients he was going to use for our lunch.

“It may just be shoes, but you aren’t supposed to wear them inside the house!”

“It doesn’t matter” he growled. He tipped the rice into measuring cups and began to pour it into the rice cooker.

“It does to!”

“Does not”

“Um….it’s ok…I put the shoes out…” Shigure looked at us sheepishly then turned to Kyo. “Um…Kyo…will there be enough food for all of us?…”

Kyo grunted a response then wiped his hands and looked back at Shigure. “I dunno, maybe you should cook something for yourself just in case Shigure.”

Shigure cringed noticeably and shook his head. “Please Kyo?? You know how badly I cook….”

“Then get the Prince to cook for you” he turned away from Shigure to pull out some vegetables to chop.

I went rigid at the mention of the word PRINCE. “Do… not… call… me… that…”

Kyo shrugged and ignored me, I was about to go over and tell him just what I thought of him when I suddenly felt something grab my shoulder. I turned around to see Haru holding me back. He was glaring at me, though I don’t know why.

“What the hell happened? I feel like I got hit by a train…” He pulled his hand off my shoulder and rubbed his head gingerly.

Shigure let out a low chuckle. “Kyo hit you when you tried to kill me.”

“He…hit me?..” Haru looked up at Kyo then down at me. “Oh…”

I arched an eyebrow. “Oh?…You almost killed Shigure and all you can say is oh?”

He shrugged and plopped into one of the chairs. Sometimes it irks me how much he acts like Kyo, it’s almost like their twins, except Kyo doesn’t go on tirades that almost kill people.

“Food’s ready” grunted Kyo. He grabbed a plate and dished up some food before depositing it in front of me. “Here”

Everyone stared at him as if he were insane, including me. When I didn’t eat anything Kyo glared. “Well? Eat already. Jeez.” He stalked off out of the kitchen, leaving enough food on the counter for everyone else to eat as well. But, he had served me. He had served me food.

Something wasn’t adding up. Kyo never acts this way toward me, I know that not too long ago we had been in his bed, but nothing had really happened. I hadn’t thought that I had had that much of an effect on him…

Or had I?

I looked down at the food and blinked. The rice and vegetables were arranged in a pattern.

It looked like a rat.