Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ I Just Want to Be Loved ❯ Lazy Author ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
-------------------------
Shigure’s POV
--------------------------

I was simply walking home from a tedious day of grocery shopping when you know what happens? That scary editor of mine appears! And she wants to pick on poor little old me! Telling me to finish my story and turn it in… She is no fun at all!

I guess the only thing I can do to get my mind off the horror of it all is to make cute little Tohru cook me dinner as I loaf around on the sofa watching Television.

Gingerly I entered my humble abode, hoping that that cruel manger wasn’t laying in wait. When no attack was forthcoming, I stepped into the living room and sat in my luxurious couch to watch TV.

And that was when I heard it, the awful, frightening, disturbing sound of….

My stomach growling.

“Oh how I wish miss Honda were here to cook me a delightful snack….but she doesn’t get out of school for another hour at least, and then she has work…”

“Can’t you cook for yourself you lazy mutt?” The voice was undoubtedly Hatsuharu’s .

“Haru! What a surprise! What brings you here to my house, alone, when no one is here?” I grinned widely at the ox, hoping he caught my slightly miffed tone.

“I’m not alone, Kyo and Yuki are upstairs making out as we speak.”

I almost fell off of the couch. “Kyo? With Yuki? Don’t be crazy, they hate each other!”

“That’s what I thought, until I almost walked in on them, they’re upstairs now HAVING A LOVE FEST!”

I blinked. Haru was screaming now, not a good thing, that normally meant his black side was beginning to come out. “Now Haru, maybe you need to calm down for a moment, and we can sort this o-”

I barely dodged the vase that he threw at my head, darn that was one of my favorite vases too. “Haru stop it!”

He walked forward and grabbed my shirt by the collar. He had an evil grin on his face and an insane gleam in his eye, I tell you I had a look at death when I looked into those eyes!

I closed my eyes, waiting for the worst, when quite suddenly I was dropped onto the floor with an unconscious Haru falling on top of me.

“Eh?” I looked up and saw Kyo standing over us, with fire burning in his eyes. Yuki stood not too far off.

“Are you ok Shigure?” asked Yuki, he didn’t really looked worried, but concern did barely touch his voice.

“Yeah I’m fine:” I replied. “Though I don’t think I could say the same for Haru…”

“Don’t worry about him, that damn cow will wake up, its not like I killed him.” Kyo was running his hand over his fist, making the knuckles turn a creamy white. “What was he doing here anyways?”
“He was probably skipping school, like usual” sighed Yuki. “He’s always getting in trouble at school for his temper and ditching, and I’m the one who has to clean up after him!”

“Whatever” said Kyo as he walked over to my abandoned bag of groceries. He rummaged through the contents for a while before glaring at me. “Leeks” he said.

I gulped, “Err, yes, leeks….”

He grunted and continued his search, then pulled a few things out and headed to the kitchen. “If you want anything to eat get your asses out here, or I’ll eat it all myself.”

“What about Hatsuharu?” asked Yuki’s soft voice.“Leave him, its not like he’s in the way or anything.”

“Surprisingly, Yuki listened to him, and walked into the kitchen after Kyo. This was the first time I had ever seen those two cooperate…the sensation was weird. Maybe they were becoming lovers?