Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ I Just Want to Be Loved ❯ Black Jealousy ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
-------------------------
Haru’s POV
------------------------
“Hey, is anyone home?” I walked into the living room after removing my shoes. No one seemed to be home, but I called out anyways, just to be polite. When I got no reply I walked over and plopped onto the couch. Obviously Shigure-san wasn’t home. He should have been working on his book so his manager wouldn’t flip out. But knowing him, he was off doing something like eating, or meeting Ayame.

I flipped on the television and was about to watch one of my favorite shows when I heard a strange noise.

It sounded like someone shouting “Stop it”

That was strange, no one should have been home at this hour, I had skipped school so I was here, and Shigure was obviously out, so who would possibly be in the house? Quietly I flipped off the television and sneaked upstairs, halfway up I heard voices, one of those voices sounded pissed.

I decided to peek into the room to see what was going on. Why would someone be in Shigure’s house? And why in Yuki’s room? Granted, I was there, but I was a Sohma so it was ok for me to be here, even if I didn’t live here.

Well, I guess I now know who was in here, Yuki was on the bed, straddling a very nervous looking Kyo. Nothing unusual there…wait…Yuki….straddling….Kyo?

What the fuck?!?

I glanced in again, this time taking more care not to be seen. Yuki was acting downright sluttish, and he looked to be freaking the crap out of poor Kyo. This was weird, I always knew that Yuki was girlish, but I never figured him to be gay.

Yuki leaned in closer, saying something to Kyo that I couldn’t hear. Then they kissed, Kyo seemed rather surprised, and like he was about to bolt, but then he calmed down and half-closed his eyes. The look on his face said that he was enjoying this.

I could feel my hand tighten on the edge of the door. Anger started to flood through me. Why the hell were Kyo and Yuki kissing? Kyo was mine damn it! Well, he had never said that he was…but still…

Slowly I edged away from the door and leaned against the wall. I finally knew that Kyo was gay, but there was nothing I could do about it. Apparently he was now with Yuki. Heh, its kind of funny. I had always secretly loved Kyo, but was afraid to tell him, afraid to let him know I was bi. Now I find out that not only is Kyo gay, but he is in love with his eternal rival, that damn rat.

Man, it is just hilarious how sadistic life is.

-----------------------------------------------------
Kyo& #8217;s POV
----------------------------------------------------
I continued to stare at the gray-haired lump on my chest.

“Wake up moron! I don’t need you sleeping on me!”

He didn’t answer, great, just great. Now what was I supposed to do???

A dull thump came to my ears, I looked toward the door and managed to catch a slight hint of movement before it disappeared. Crap, someone had seen us, they would probably get the wrong idea, they would definitely think that Yuki and I were gay. Wrong idea, Yuki might be gay, but hell, I’m straight.

Wasn’t I?

I didn’t know anymore, thoughts spun around in my mind, some of them about Yuki, and some of them about Tohru, and my life, teacher, the mountains, my true form…

I held up my wrist to stare at the bracelet that hung loosely on my arm. The beads were black, but held a slight red tint, like crusted blood. It gets a guy thinking…

-------------------------------------------------- -------FLASHBACK
“You are a monster! Have you forgotten that you killed your mother??”

“No! I didn’t kill her! I swear!”

“You are a monster, such an awful demon! You killed her-”

“NO!”

Pain on my face as Akito slapped me hard. Tears running down my face. “I didn’t kill her-”

“You did! You are a monster! Its because of you she died!”

“No!”

Those rough hands, pulling me up, grabbing my throat, removing my bracelet. That stink, that horrid smell. Akito’s sneering crazed look.

“Look at the monster that you are!”

Cowering in the corner, shying away from the mirror on the wall.

I was a monster and I knew it.
---------------------------------------------------------END FLASHBACK

Something warm and wet traveled down my cheek to plop softly on the bed. I cried, silently, softly. I was a monster, I couldn’t love anyone, if I did, they would only get hurt. I didn’t want them to get hurt, not because of me.
-------------------------------------------------
Yuki’s POV
------------------------------------------------
He was thinking of Akito.

I could tell by the look in his eyes as he stared at his bracelet.

He was thinking about what Akito said.

That ass, he always broke all the zodiac’s spirits, hurting them mentally. All because he could.

Everything he said hurt deeply, like an abscessed wound, constantly tearing our deepest fears open.

Just because he could.

Kyo’s eyes suddenly closed, a small shudder passed through his well-toned body, and a tear slipped down his cheek.

“I don’t want to love, Ill only hurt them…”

It was a whisper, but I have good ears. He didn’t want to love anyone. He would only hurt them. Is that what he thought?…

For the first time in my life, I decided to think about the future. What would happen? Akito would take Kyo back after high school. He would lock him up and I would never see him again. He would stay alone till he died. Tortured daily, slowly slipping into a deep depression until he lost the will to live or committed suicide.

But if I lost to him, a similar fate awaited me.

And what of the others? They could never really live a normal life. Not with Akito around. And eventually something would have to happen to Tohru. I sighed lightly, trying not to disturb Kyo. Our lives were all doomed. Akito was God, he controlled us and we couldn’t do anything about him. We didn’t even know how to break the curse. Something told me that Shigure knew, but he wouldn’t tell. No matter what I offered.

It seems we will always be alone, separated from the others, isolated.

It seems we can never be loved.

I just wanted to be loved.