Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Kyo's Kitten Reika ❯ Opening Up Part 1 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Hi Kyon-kichi! I knew you couldn't wait to see my shop!”
 
“Ayame, I'm not her to see your stupid shop. I called earlier today and you said that you'd watch Reika for me.” Kyo hated his shop, but if he didn't get some alone time at the dojo he didn't know how long it would be until he struck out at someone.
 
“You did? Ah, now I remember! Where's Rei-Rei?”
 
Reika stood beside Kyo and was attempting to hide from the hyperactive snake. “Bye Reika, you're staying over here tonight. Hatori said he'd watch you if you hate it here. I have a tournament tomorrow so Hatori and Haru volunteered to let you stay with them as long as you don't run off.”
 
“No need to worry,” Reika started calmly, “I wouldn't want to be in a house alone with Honda, Yuki, or Shigure even if you paid me!”
 
Kyo waved and left the shop as fast as he could while Ayame picked up Reika. “Guess what? I have candy!”
 
Reika looked at the snake wide-eyed for if this was Aya without sugar, she didn't want to see him full of it. “Ayame-san, it's to early for candy. How about a game!”
 
Ayame frowned a little as he put the candy back into his pocket but brightened at the sound of games. “Do you know how to play Dai Hin Min?”
 
“No, how do you play?”
 
“Never mind, just bug Kyo until he teaches you. How about I show you a cool new game thing Hatori got me for the computer?”
 
Ayame carried Reika all the way upstairs to his bedroom and plopped her down on the computer chair.
 
“This is a fashion design game. You take the mouse and click on which gender, boy or girl, you want, the age group, the model, and finally you get to pick from a whole bunch of different clothing thingies to dress up your person in!”
 
Reika quickly went to work on a girl her age and had Ayame measure her for sizes. It was his secret, but the one she made of herself he planed to make for her. The game was actually a clothing plan design for people like him.
 
“Look! This is me. She has a silver kimono cause it's sparkly! I think it looks ugly with the orange hair though, Aya how do you change the colors?”
 
Ayame showed her and Reika changed the silver to cerulean which brought out her eyes and hair and looked beautiful on the model. The kimono had watermarked flowers in the came color and Ayame was shocked that the design came from an almost six year-old.
 
“This is fun! What else can we do?”
 
“How about we have lunch! What do you want?”
 
“Rice!”
 
“Anything else?”
 
“I don't care, what do you want? It is your house.”
 
“Let's go see what there is, okay?”
 
Reika was beginning to open up to Ayame and jumped into his arms ready to be carried. Only Aya, Hatori, and Hatsuharu carried her so although she didn't exactly like it, she had started looking at it like a treat. Especially since Tohru started attempting to hug, carry, and pinch Reika's cheeks whenever she saw her.
 
After eating lunch in Aya's apartment kitchen located right above the store, the two were interrupted by a phone call.
 
“Hello, Aya speaking!”
 
“Ayame, this is Hatori. Akito wants to see you.”
 
“Oh. Will you watch Rei-Rei then?”
 
“Sure.”
 
Ayame hung up the phone and picked the napping kitten up, telling Mine to watch the shop for the rest of the day. Walking out of the door, Ayame carefully opened the door and put Reika in the car making sure to buckle the sleeping child up.
 
“What in the world does Akito want?”
 
A/N- I don't own Fruits Basket