Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Release Me ❯ The snake and talking with God ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Chapter 6~Next Day~Sanyu's POV
 
I stared at onee-chan as I laid next to her. Her face was contorted with sadness and fear. Suddenly her hand shot out from underneath the blanket to an invisible figure next to the bed. A loud gasp escaped her. Seeing no one there she lowered her arm and tentatively went to the door and called out in a longing depressed voice.
 
Tohru: M-mom?
 
The question hung in the air and she painfully closed the door and shuffled back to bed unaware that I was laying there awake through the whole thing. Slowly after Tohru had once fallen asleep I fell into a uneasy dream filled with unwanted memories.
 
~Morning~ Normal POV~
 
That morning when Sanyu opened her eyes a smiling Shigure in her face. She let out a yelp and tumbled off the bed to the floor. Her head soon popped out from the mass of blankets on the floor to look at Shigure.
 
Sanyu: Gure-nii don't scare me like that!
 
Shigure: Gomen, Sanyu-chan. We need to go get you signed for school though.
 
Sanyu: Anou… Gure-nii I was wondering if I could go see Akito-san before going to school. I promised to see him again.
 
Shigure looked at her with a serious but surprised and curious face.
 
Shigure: Why would you go see Akito-san? Doesn't he scare you?
 
Sanyu: Uh, he's a little scary but I think that he's scared…
 
Shigure: Akito-san isn't lonely. You know that he is the god of the zodiac. He will never be lonely because we will always be there to keep him company.
 
Sanyu: Honto?!?!? He's God?!? Wow! He's really important then, right? I still want to see him Gure-nii, please?
 
Shigure shook his head chuckling and called the main house about Sanyu's visit to see the head of the family. Sanyu beamed happily and jumped out of the covers and went to go get ready. A little later Shigure popped his head back into the room to see Sanyu trying to tie her shoes.
 
Shigure: Ok, Sanyu-chan you can only see Akito-san for a little bit an you'll get to see Aaya-kun too!
 
Sanyu: Honto? That's Yuu-nii's nii-san ne? I wonder what Aaya-san is like.
 
She had finally tied her shoes and slid off the bed and hopped down the stairs and the two set out for the main house. Upon arriving they were met by Ayame who cooed over Sanyu expressively. Sanyu stared up Ayame confused and turned to Shigure.
 
Sanyu: Are you sure this is Yuu-nii's nii-san? They don't act alike at all.
 
Ayame: Well of course we don't. I am more expressive then my little brother.
 
Sanyu: Ok. Anou… where's Akito-san's room? I wanna see him.
 
Shigure: Go down the hall and the last door on your left.
 
Sanyu quickly thanked Shigure and went down the hallway to Akito's room. Ayame's demeanor quickly changed to a serious attitude and they began to head for Hatori's house.
 
Ayame: So she really did want to see Akito of her own free will?
 
Shigure: Aah… she's a strange one. She said that was Akito scared.
 
~With Sanyu~
 
Sanyu quietly stepped into the room and closed the door behind her. Akito was once again sitting by the window. Akito was staring at the tree outside, his arm hanging out of the window lazily.
 
Sanyu: Konnnichiwa, Akito-san! How are you today? It's a nice day outside isn't it?
 
Akito: Why are you here? Most people won't even want to associate with me in any way after our first meeting. Even that wench, Tohru Honda.
 
Sanyu: Demo, I'm not like most people though. I'm Sanyu.
 
Akito: Don't talk back to me! You and Tohru Honda are quite a rude bunch!
 
He stood up and hatefully glared at her. Sanyu recoiled but once again pressed forward.
 
Sanyu: Onee-chan is not rude! She can save them.
 
Akito laughed coldly and crossed the room to grab her by the face.
 
Akito: You and Tohru Honda are both outsiders. You can't understand the bond between the others and me. An endless banquet… And you or that wench will not interfere!
 
Akito shoved her backwards and she landed on the ground gasping for breath. Once she got her breath back she sat back up and looked at Akito with sad eyes, who sat back in his place by the window. Sanyu decided to change the topic of conversation before it got ugly.
 
Sanyu: Akito-san, guess what?!? I'm going to go back to school soon ^ . ^ I think Gure-nii said it was right near Yuki-kun's school. Ne-ne next time I come can we go out into the garden? It's so pretty out there!
 
Her gaze drifted to the garden outside . Then snapping her attention back to Akito she smiled and stood up and walked towards the door.
 
Sanyu: Bye Aki-san I'll come back later!
 
Before she could get an answer or Akito registered her words she ran out of the door giggling merrily. Akito sat there for a moment before growling and promising to get her next time she came to visit… If there was a next time…
 
AN: So how do you like it? Is it good, bad? Please Review PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REVIEW REVIEW!!!!!!!! Thank you… ^ . ^