Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed by Fame Shattered by Fear ❯ Red Carpet Glamour ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N (Author's Note): Happy Valentines Day Everyone!! This chapter will also be based on Valentines Day and the red carpet XD.

Hehe Yes, You can tell that I am VERY happy from the amount of reviews I got. XD. So I would really like to thank ALL of you who contributed to making me cheerful! And yes, you may also be giving me an evil look as to why I took so long to update this particular chapter. Well only answer I can give you is two things. School…. and I found this chapter a little challenging to write, don't know why though. Well let's just get on with the story and hope you enjoy it. (Note: Much Fluff)
 
MTR (Messages to reviewers):

FF
 
RinHaru4ever: Yea… come to think of it, they kinda remind me of brother and sister too. Lol, thanks for reviewing!

Daelaeyni: Hehe, your reviews are certainly VERY entertaining and fun to read! So thank you! You sure do give me lots of encouragement / hatred hahaha. Thanks a bunch Daelaeyni!

Mischievouz Angel: Lol when I first read your review, I thought you said that YOU were in fear of falling in love…and I was like…oookkkayyy…but yea then I talked to you on Msn and got it all sorted LOL. Thank you Kimmi-chan!

JennyKim319: Yes I had to sacrifice poor Kyo's memory in order to get a plot for my story…AAHH I feel so Evil!! But anyway thank you for reviewing!

mimi0695: Thx, Glad to hear that you like it XD

moonflower: So….how was your French test? It wasn't delayed again was it? Haha, and yea sure I can still call you moonflower, thank you lots for reviewing!

Hunter Hatake and Roxxi Uchiha: Thank you very much!

Candace: Yea, hehe, I don't know how to define it either, sad and happy? Happy and sad? Lol, Thanks for reviewing.

mysticwaterfall: Yeeesss. The flashback was fun to write lol, well thanks Miki.

Nkauj Hnub: Awww I'm sorry I have a habit of finding cliff hangers, hehe. Thank you!

Lily Evans Potter Black Lupin: Thanks a lot for your kind review!

MM
Sakura-bell: Thank you so much for another supportive review!

FrEaKiSh: Oooohh….I don't really feel like explaining this again, so I'll just copy the reply from last-time: They all have different last names because in this story, the curse doesn't exist, therefore they don't have a bond that ties them together, so I gave them all different last names since they aren't cousins. But you can still tell who they are by their same first names and their personalities.

Anna May Dreamer: That is wonderful to hear that you are enjoying my story so much, I hope that I can write more interesting and well-written chapters that you will like. Thanks!

inu - baby: Thanks! I appreciate your review!

?UNKNOWN?: Umm...you could read the reply I wrote to “FrEaKiSh”.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
SHADOWED BY FAME SHATTERED BY FEAR
By Angelite Phoenix// Dark Angel of Mystery
 
CHAPTER 6: Xx- Red Carpet Glamour -xX
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Wednesday Morning
It was a cold rainy day, and yet the Oscars and MTV awards were to be held that night. Luckily, it was due to clear up later in the afternoon. Right now, it was only ten in the morning and the whole L.A city was filled with busy people on the busy streets. Mostly, you would see couples around the place, on romantic dates since it was Valentines Day. Tohru ended up having brunch with her old close friend Yuki. They had encountered upon each other just an hour ago, Yuki was surprised to find Tohru in America and working at the same place as Kyo.
 
“So Miss Honda, what are doing here in America?” Yuki questioned as he helped himself to some hot coffee.
 
“I'm studying in University here with Momiji. His father helped me find a job as a cleaner...”
“And I'm assuming….that; you were shocked to see Kyo again.” Yuki interrupted.
 
“….Yea…I was, and he still doesn't remember me, but why would I expect him to? He's already engaged to that beautiful actress Kagura Tashiro. He would never propose if he…remembered me.” Tohru looked down, hiding her watery eyes.
 
“I'm sorry to hear that. I never knew it would be like this. I mean, that day….I still remember that very night when it happened.”

”Uh…so Yuki, you're in a famous band with your old school council friends' right?” Tohru wanted to change the subject.
 
“Yes. We must attend the MTV awards tonight as well. This year is going to be interesting; we've decided to combine the MTV awards with the Oscar's. So it is a big event.”
 
“That sounds great. Good luck then, let's hope you get an award.” Tohru forced a smile.
 
“Thank you, Oh yea…that reminds me, would you like to come as well?”
 
“M-me? But I'm not invited.”
 
“Don't worry about that, I'll just say that even though you're not a V.I.P guest. You can tag along with us, I want you to see the place, it's really amazing.”
 
“Oh…but w-what about Momiji? I promised to spend Valentines Day with him.”
 
“Well why don't you bring him along as well, it'd be fun.” Yuki beamed at her.
 
“Uhh…Well I guess I should really be thanking you then Yuki.”
 
“It's no problem at all. Ooh…I'm running late for the rehearsal with my band. I'll pick you and Momiji up tonight.” Yuki gave her a slip of paper that had his contact number on it.
 
“Alright, it was nice to see you again. Bye Yuki.” Tohru waved as she grabbed her bag and went back to the set where she had to continue some cleaning.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kinoshita Rin sat beside her one true love inside the hospital, with a grief and sad expression on her normally beautiful face. It was strange to see Haru in the hospital bed for once, for it had always been her, the supermodel who had strange sicknesses all the time. She straightened out her hair, dried her eyes and held onto his warm hands.
 
“Rin?” Haru opened one eye and sat up feeling tired and weak.
 
“Yes Haru.”
 
“Oh crap…the date! I'm sorry Rin I really am.”
 
“Haru. You got in a car accident, I won't blame you at all.”
 
“I'm telling you, that guy pushed me off the racetrack.” Haru frowned and bit his lip.
 
“I believe you. Besides, my Haru is the best car racer on the planet. There is no way, he could make a fault and end up in hospital from a farfetched car accident.” Rin smiled warmly and handed him a glass of water.
 
“Well….anyway. Rin I'll make it up to you, today is Valentines Day, I'll take you out to dinner.”
 
“Haru! Don't talk such nonsense! You still haven't recovered yet.” Rin replied sternly.
 
“But Rin, I'm perfectly fine.” He replied coolly and attempted to stand when Rin forced him back into bed.
 
“No means no!” She held him in place firmly till he stopped moving.
 
“Fine, but this Valentines day might be the worst.” Haru crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.
 
“Haru, you don't even need to think about doing something romantic. I mean c'mon, anything can be a date as long as we're together right?” Rin moved closer, kissed him on the forehead and lay next to him.
 
“You're right.” Haru smiled while snuggling up to Rin and started to fall asleep slowly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Tuesday….
 
It had started to pour heavily, rain clouds appeared out of nowhere as the sound of the roaring thunder boomed the skies with evil. Kisa and Hiro stood there staring at each other with emotionless expressions. Kisa was now in tears, but nobody could see them since the rain had some coverage. She didn't even realize that she had let go of the dog-leash, and her little dog was now running towards Hiro's house in order to get shelter. And yet, two confused teenagers stood there in the pouring rain, leaving the whole world behind them.
 
Kisa was afraid; Hiro's last question had left her puzzled and shattered. -“Kisa…you have to choose…it's either the life you're living now…or me….”- That single question repeated inside her head numerous times and still, she had no nerve to reply.
 
“So what's it going to be Kisa? It's your call. I'm not asking you to leave your job to be with me. I'm just wanting to know what will make you happy, what will satisfy you once and for all. What….will satisfy me doesn't matter until you answer my question, because in my life, you are the most important person to me…and I need to know that you can make a decision without any regrets. So if you choose your career over me, just make sure that it's what you want. And if you choose me over your career, don't complain to me the next day about how much you want your job back. I know…it's not simple, but it's better if you just stick to one path….Kisa.” Hiro stared at her, the rain also covering his shadowy tears.
“If that is the case…then I'll choose…...” Kisa paused quietly. The old memories had helped her upon the decision. How they use to get crepes together, how their friendship bond took them right through from Elementary to High School. How everything just fitted perfectly when Hiro was there with her. Not one single piece was missing. She had his support, she shared part of his lawn, and she basically owned his Heart. With as many factors as these, she couldn't refuse, nor could she risk losing her relationship with Hiro. Even if her job meant the world to her, Hiro would always mean more.
“You….Hiro.” She finished her sentence quietly as she raised her head and looked at him. She could almost see a smile on his face.
 
Hiro stepped closer and took a handkerchief out, then wiped away Kisa's tears and hugged her tightly.
 
“For a minute….I thought that you had really changed Kisa, I thought that you had forgotten all about us, and the world that you left behind. I'm sorry if I doubted you.” He replied trying not to let his tears take over him.
 
“Even if I did forget…Hiro, I'm sure, you'd always find a way to bring me back.”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wednesday
Afternoon
 
Tohru was cleaning Kyo's mirror as once again, they had their own conversation. Tohru figured that Kyo was probably lonely since his fiancée wasn't going to be here for the rest of the week nor was she attending the Oscar Awards evening.
 
“Want a Cola?” Kyo asked as he opened his mini-fridge.
 
“No thanks.” She smiled back and sprayed the mirror-cleaning agent onto her reflection.
 
“So umm…Tohru….I was wondering if you wanted to come to the awards with me tonight as my date.” Kyo asked politely as Tohru dropped the bucket of water all over the floor.
 
“Ahhh….Umm…I'm sorry! I'll clean it right away.”
 
“It's okay Tohru, I'll help ya.” Kyo laughed and gave her a hand.
 
“So….about tonight?” He brought up the question after a few moments of silence.
“Kyo…..you're……you're engaged. Aren't you?”
 
“Yea….But I mean not as a date date but just a close friend ya know? Just to keep me company at the awards.” Kyo looked down and shuffled his feet.
 
“But….won't people think that you're crazy because you took a poor non-wealthy maid to the awards?” Tohru asked defensively, a little surprised that Kyo was already considering her as a close friend even after he had only met her for 2 weeks.
 
“If anyone says that I'll punch them.” Kyo said confidently as Tohru couldn't help but think back to the old Kyo who had a bad temper and loved martial arts. Maybe he still had those qualities in him.
 
“Well….Umm….actually Yuki has already asked me to go with him.”
 
“Yuki? Who the hell is Yuki?” Kyo asked suspiciously.
 
“He's…an old friend of mine.”
 
“Pfftt….hahaha….for a minute, I thought he was your boyfriend.” Kyo laughed.
 
“No he isn't. He has a girlfriend, and their both in the band Furuba.” Tohru explained.
 
“Oh that band, man, I don't like the guitarist, no offense. I just don't like him that much. Well….okay, so I guess you will be coming anyway, I'll see you there. Okay?”
 
“Umm…Kyo! One more thing?” Tohru called back at him.
 
“What is it?” Kyo turned around and stared directly into her eyes which made her stop and blush.
 
“Umm….Uhh….what do you exactly wear to the awards?”
 
“Anything you want Tohru, I'm sure that...... you'll look stunning in whatever you choose to wear.” Kyo turned red in embarrassment and left the room.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
“Kureno! What do you think I should wear? Black or Blue?” Akito held up two suits in front of Kureno's face, as Kureno pointed to the Black one.
“You suit black Akito, it goes with your hair.” He replied in a neutral tone.
 
“Very well. Once this movie is finished, I am aiming to get best director next year!” Akito smirked and returned into the fitting room.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Wednesday 6:30pm….
 
It was a pleasant evening in Momiji's mansion since Tohru had cooked Japanese food to remind them of home. They were sitting on opposite ends of a long and expensive dining table, just enjoying their meal. Tohru had informed Momiji about the Oscar/MTV awards, and he agreed. Sadly, it didn't seem too much like Valentines day, Tohru spent her day at work and Momiji spent his day at the library catching up on some study, although Momiji did give her many gifts, and he bought her a brand new dress for the Awards evening.
 
“Thank you so much for the lovely dress Momiji, I absolutely love it.”
 
“I hope you don't mind the color, I wasn't sure if you liked the dark shade of Blue-ish Green, I just thought it matched your eyes.” Momiji replied while adding pouring champagne into his glass.
 
“Oh of course I don't mind. I think it's great that you would think of the color of my eyes…” Tohru trailed off and blushed as Momiji just smiled back at her.
 
“You're welcome Tohru.”
 
“Well if you'll excuse me, I'll go try it on now, and I need to do my make-up, Yuki's coming to pick us up in about an hour and I wanna try to look nice for this occasion.” Tohru stacked the dishwasher and gave Momiji a big grin.
 
“Sure Tohru. By the way, you don't need to try to look nice because, you just naturally look nice all the time anyway.”
 
“Really? Umm…thank you Momiji.”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Half an hour later…
 
(Tohru's POV)

”I'm such a lucky girl! I don't even know what I ever did to deserve all this.” She said to herself, as she looked in the mirror at her gorgeous reflection. Then she scanned the gigantic room which was fit for a princess and sighed guiltily.
 
“I must study hard in University, earn my own money and of course, get my own house, I can't live with Momiji forever, I'd be depending on him way too much, not to mention, I'm using his father's income. I feel so bad.” Tohru went into her jewelry box and selected a pair of emerald earrings and put them on. She then went into her wardrobe to get a pair of matching shoes. She had over 20 pairs of shoes, 5 pairs of stilettos, 3 pairs of slippers, 4 pairs of sport shoes, 3 pairs of sandals, 4 pairs of leather boots and 1 pair of dark green high heels which she chose to match her dress.
 
She had just finished doing her make-up when she heard the sound of Yuki's car rolling onto the driveway. As she expected, he arrived in a slender black limousine. Tohru ran out of her room and went to fetch Momiji.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
At the Awards….
 
“And here we are, at our first annual combined Oscar and MTV awards night, this is the place where you can see beauty, glamour and success very clearly. This is the hour when you can hear screams of delight and excitement from our lucky fans. As you can see, down there we have our nervous-as-always Ritsu Urashima. The lucky bachelor who gets to host the awards every single darn year! And on my right, you can definitely spot super-hot pop/punk singer Arisa Uotani, a good friend of mine also. On my left, there's the handsome Prince of Furuba, Yuki Shimazu who is standing next to his fellow band members. In front, we have Kyo Sohma, the flaming orange-headed actor who is currently busy with his latest movie “Blind Attraction”. We will definitely be looking forward to the premiere of that movie since, as you know, the book is certainly a huge hit. Anyway, sadly he doesn't have a date this evening, his fiancée Kagura Tashiro is occupied with some filming in New York. Well I guess that's enough for now, we'll be right back after the break, so keep your eyes peeled for E Entertainment Hollywood News Channel. I'm Saki Hanajima, don't touch that remote!”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N: Yea….no cliffy's today since I couldn't think of one. Next chapter, there will be some interesting stuff happening. Lol…I haven't started planning that yet but yea…I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Don't forget to leave a review, Thanks!

Angelite Phoenix//Dark Angel of Mystery