Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed by Fame Shattered by Fear ❯ Visions and Confessions ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Hi everyone, I'm sorry for the long wait! But thank you so much for the constant support! Just to let you know, I'm going to Australia for a little vacation in April so I'll probably update when I get back… which will be after the 20th of April. So I hope you enjoy this chapter.
 
MTR (Messages to reviewers):
 
FF
 
RinHaru4ever: Yea, Yuki and Machi are already dating but I haven't really mentioned a lot about their love life. My bad…haha… Well if you want me to write about them a little more, just say the word and I can do something for the next chapter. Again, thanks for the wonderful review!

Daelaeyni:
Hehe, that's good, I'm glad that you love it! Well I'm still deciding when I'm going to reveal what happened between the two, but until then, I'll just keeping giving out more clues to the people that don't know lol. Thanks a bunch for your review!

Aqua:
Thank you! I'm really happy to know that you are enjoying it so far.

Mischievouz Angel:
Haha… no way! You're a good author too Kimmi-chan! But if you ask me, Mel-mel is incredible with her stories! I mean her first fanfic was good! And ours was a little…well you know. But still… We're getting better lol.

moonflower: Wow that sounds awesome. French acting and Singing! Glad to hear that your test went well. Thanks for the nice review!

Candi:
Thanks a lot!

rin916:
Nope you didn't miss anything at all. I'm…well I like to write stories with suspense lol which is why I haven't really said anything about Kyo's past. But there's a chapter coming up that's gonna reveal everything so it all makes sense, maybe chapter 9 or 10. Thanks for the review.
 
MM
 
Anna May Dreamer: Yup I will definitely reveal the secret to ya in about…2 or 3 chapter's time. Thanks for reviewing!

sakura-bell:
Thanks sakura-bell for your kind review, I hope you enjoy this chapter.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
SHADOWED BY FAME SHATTERED BY FEAR
By Angelite Phoenix// Dark Angel of Mystery
 
CHAPTER 7: Xx- Visions and Confessions -xX
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Kyo stood by the sink, rinsing his face with icy cold water. His head clouded with thoughts and familiar voices.
 
“Hey Orangey! Come take a look at her Prom dress. She got it made especially to impress you, I mean c'mon, it even matches the color of your hair, you have to at least give her some credit?” A blonde haired girl said with a powerful voice.
 
“I'm comin, I'm comin.” He sighed.
 
“Well hurry up, she can't wait forever ya know.”
 
“Yes, her waves are starting to get impatient.” A wavy black-haired girl appeared behind him.
 
“Okay I'm here.” He walked through the corridor and knocked on the door.
 
“What do you think Kyo?” A sweet and cute voice asked, but just before he could see her face properly, he felt his cell phone ringing.
 
“Hello?” Kyo groaned, annoyed at his phone.
 
“Sweetie you haven't called me at all since I've been gone. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME? YOU BETTER NOT BE!” Kagura Tashiro's voice came through the line like lightning and thunder.
 
“Oh it's you Kagura.”
 
“YES OF COURSE ITS ME, WHO'D YOU EXPECT? THAT HOT CLEANER OF YOURS? NO!” Kagura kept yelling.
 
“What the hell? What makes you think I'm having an affair with the cleaner?” Kyo rolled his eyes and fixed his bowtie.
 
“UH NEVERMIND! So…how are things at the awards night? I really wish I could be there. You know how much I missed you.” Her voice calmed down to a sugary honey-sweet tone.
 
“Umm…yea, everything's fine.” Kyo replied bluntly.
 
“WELL DID YOU MISS ME?”
 
“Yea….Umm I have to go, have a safe trip back and I'll see you soon.” Kyo hung up before she could reply and walked out of the bathroom.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
The chilly air attacked Kisa's skin as goose bumps appeared on her pale arms. Taking a deep breath, she knocked on her bosses' office door and waited for an answer. Tonight was going to be the moment she quit her job. She could just imagine the `soon to be' look on her bosses' face.
 
“Come in.” A low and powerful voice called out to her.
 
“Ah Miss Nagasaki, come, take a seat. I just read the March Issue that was published and distributed yesterday. I presume it's the best one you've done so far. I'd like to congratulate you for your hard work by giving you a pay rise.” Her boss smiled at her as Kisa's jaw dropped.
 
“What is it? Surprised? Why? You do know you're the best out of the staff we have in this whole company.” Her boss continued.
 
`Why is he telling me this now when I'm about to quit my job.' Kisa thought as she fiddled with her bracelet.
 
“Is something wrong Kisa? You seem speechless.”
 
“Mr. Sato. I am thrilled to hear all that, really I am…but there's something I need to discuss with you.” She spoke as her insides trembled with guilt.
 
“What is it?”
 
“I…I-I…I'm q-…I have to quit.” Kisa hung her head low, afraid to watch the reaction of her boss.
 
“Quit?” He stood up suddenly.
 
“Yes…Quit…or….Resign….” She whispered.
 
“Are you crazy Kisa? Every woman dreams of this job and you have the best income and the right skills, why do you want to give up all the hard work you've been through over the past year? I just don't see any reason for you to quit. I mean…are you feeling uncomfortable with being the youngest and the only teenager here in this company?”
 
“N-no…well…maybe. It's complicated…I w-want…to go to high school like a normal teenager.”
 
“B-but…You don't need to..”
“Trust me I have enjoyed working for you but I can't do it anymore.”
 
“You do realize that if you quit, you won't be able to get this job again.” Mr. Sato said sternly as she bit her lip.
 
“Yes I understand Mr. Sato.”
 
“Are you sure you want to do this?” He sighed.
 
“Yes.” Kisa nodded.
“Okay…well….I guess you better start cleaning up your desk. We have enjoyed working with you, would you like us to hold you a goodbye party?”
 
“N-no…it's fine…really.”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Tohru walked along the red carpet with her hand linked to Momiji's. It was really awkward going to a place like this when she wasn't even famous for anything. Momiji at least had the reputation of being the President of Japan's son, but for her, she was just an ordinary cleaner. Yuki and his band seemed confident, Kakeru and Kimi were spotted signing at least 50 autographs, Machi was being interviewed by Hana and Yuki was surrounded by screaming girls from every corner. It seemed everyone had something to do so Tohru decided to look for Kyo.
 
“Momiji, I'll be back.” Tohru said to him.
 
“Sure I'll save you a seat for later. Just don't get lost.” Momiji smiled and walked off.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
After half an hour, Tohru had managed to find Kyo, leaning against the walls, outside of the Male bathrooms. He was wearing a black tuxedo, which had brought back so many memories of the prom 5 years ago. Tohru tried to forget the past and forced a smile while waving to Kyo.
 
“Good Evening Kyo.” She tucked her fringe behind her ear and smiled at him warmly.
 
“Hey Tohru, you managed to come huh?” Kyo gazed at her.
 
“Yes I did. Momiji bought me a new dress especially for the evening. I'm very lucky to have been invited here to this wonderful occasion.” She beamed happily.
 
“Yea, the dress is nice, color suits ya.” Kyo blushed and smirked at his lousy comment. He sounded like he was flirting with her, he had completely forgotten about the engagement ring that lay on his dressing table back in the mansion.
 
“Why thank you very much. So when is Kagura coming back?” She asked.
 
“The day after tomorrow.” Kyo answered shortly feeling a migraine in his head.
 
“Okay that's great, so how are you today?”
 
“I'm fine….just…f-fine….” The headache was starting to get stronger and stronger.
 
The sound of people gasping
The sound of one familiar girl screaming
The sound of his heart beating slower and slower
The taste of blood
The taste of the cold chilly air
The taste of pain and sadness
The sense of anger, regret and emotion from another
The sense of fear and losing sight
The sense of…..the past
 
“K-Kyo?” Tohru took a step forward and felt his arm which was shivering.
 
“Are you o-okay?” She asked a few seconds later when he didn't respond.
 
“T-Tohru….I need to….t-to talk to you about s-something.” He stood straight and looked at her.
 
“What is it? You can tell me.” Tohru replied.
 
“This….might sound stupid…but…..I….I have these…visions….every night when I sleep, sometimes during the day unexpectedly, these visions come to my head…sounds of screaming….blood, the sense of fear….And you, y-you're there in my visions….it's strange. I can't d-describe it, and I don't know why I'm having these….dreams or nightmares. But they….seem so realistic that I can't help but feel…..scared….and clueless…”
 
“You probably think I'm crazy, don't you?” Kyo looked at Tohru who had her head hung low.
 
“Uhh…Tohru?”
 
“……I'm Sorry Kyo…I was listening, it's just….I….I have to go…..S-Sorry….” Tohru turned around and ran off, tears flowing out of her eyes.
 
“He's remembering…He's finally regaining his memories after such a long time, piece by piece, each small fragment will lead to him knowing about his past….about us….And yet…I don't know whether to be happy or not.” Tohru thought as she bumped into Momiji who happened to be looking for her.
 
“There you are Tohru, It's starting soon, Ritsu Urashima is going to announce the awards in 10 minutes, and we don't wanna be late-…Tohru? Momiji realized that she had all her make-up ruined and smudged.
 
“What's wrong? Did something happen?”
 
“K-Kyo….he's remembering…..he's g-getting his m-memories back.” Tohru cried on his shoulder as Momiji stood there speechless.
 
“And…sooner or later, he's going to remember me….what am I going to do Momiji?”
 
“That's….umm….Tohru, just forget this for now, come, let's go inside, we'll talk about this later, okay?” Momiji gave her a tissue to dry her tears and took her to through the doors.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
“G-g-good Evening Ladies and G-gentlemen…I hope you've had a g-g-good evening so far…..Well as you all know my names Urashi-…I'm SORRY!!!! I shouldn't have assumed that, of course not all of you know me!!!!! I mean…..My names Ritsu….Urashima…and it's nice to meet you all tonight…and I'd like to thank you all for coming. I'm very privileged to be your host…..Umm….first of all; we have Arisa Uo-….Umm…Sorry! I meant….Singing sensation Arisa Uotani performing her wonderful single Red Butterfly.” Ritsu walked off the stage, handed the microphone to Arisa then grabbed his handkerchief and wiped the sweat from his forehead.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Meanwhile…
 
“Why did she run off like that? I don't understand….”
 
“Does she know what's happening to me?”
 
“She must be hiding something, but what? And why won't she tell me?”
 
“Since the first day she met me, she burst into tears the moment she looked into my eyes….and yet I still haven't figured out what made her cry….”
 
“Although I feel as if I've known her….She's just a cleaner hired by Akito a few weeks ago, how can she possibly know anything about me?”
 
“Why won't you say anything? Tohru….Why?”
 
Kyo stared at the ground holding back the tears in his eyes. He wanted reasons and answers, but nothing seemed to make sense to him anymore. He couldn't figure out what made him propose to Kagura, he wasn't even so sure if he still loved her the way he thought he did back then, or worse, if he ever loved her at all….?
He had a strange attraction to the cleaner Tohru Honda, but had no idea why. He hated the lead guitarist of “Furuba” even though he knew nothing about him. These questions flooded into his mind all so suddenly, after every vision, things had started to become clearer to him that he was a nobody, he didn't know what had brought him to fame, Kyo had no clue whatsoever as to who he was.
 
As he glanced forward, he noticed a photograph on the floor. He took a few steps forward, bent down and picked it up, then analyzed it.
 
It was a picture of a handsome orange-headed, brown eyed teenage boy with his arm around a beautiful red haired girl with dark amber eyes. However, he had no idea when or where this photo was taken, he figured that the boy was probably him, but….who…. was the girl?
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
A/N: So….how was that chapter? Tried to make it as suspenseful as I could….with a lil cliffhanger at the end. Hmm….you may wonder, who the heck is the red-headed girl huh? Yes it is yet another mystery for you to solve.
 
Well I need you all to do me a favor, tell me if you'd like a emotional, sad ending to this story or a nice relaxed ending, well in other words, happy?
 
It's your call, and I'll go with whatever the majority chooses.
And don't worry; the story ain't quite completed yet lol.

Well hope you enjoyed this chapter, and don't forget to leave a review with your opinion as to whether you want happy/sad. And if you have any constructive criticism, just go ahead and say it.
 
Thanks!
 
Angelite Phoenix//Dark Angel of Mystery