Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed by Fame Shattered by Fear ❯ Stuck Between Relationships ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Omigod I haven't updated for 3 months!!! I just moved to Australia so I had to get a lot of things sorted and I didn't really have time to update so I apologize for that. So I'm going to make this chapter extra long to make up for the long update. Ok I'm guessing some of you may have forgotten what happened last chapter? If you have, then never mind, I'll try and refresh your memory.

Tohru had revealed to Kyo the entire story to his past, how he got hit by a car [which was aimed at Tohru] because of his fiancée, Miya's, jealousy towards Tohru and Kyo's relationship. Kyo also called off the engagement with Kagura and realizes that he only fell in love with her because she reminded him of Tohru. Finally, Haru finds out that Rin has Leukemia. Depressing huh?

P.S Note that this chapter has a
bit of angst lol
MTR (Messages to reviewers):
FF
.3.scary.bananas.: Thank you, I'm glad you find it interesting! Sorry for the long wait!

The Only Onigiri: Yes the last chapter was a bit tragic…and I'm currently having trouble writing this chapter because there are so many problems and issues to clear up. >.< Well thank you for the review and I apologize for the late update.
Sakura-chan1345: Thanks! It's good to know that you liked it. I thought the last chapter might of confused my readers but luckily, it didn't ^_^…I think….lol
RinHaru4ever: Yeah I'm so evil, making Rin ill as if she hasn't had enough trouble in the hospital already! Lol sorry for the chapter delay.
Kimmi: Thank you thank you, Yeah I know it's a lil depressing with the cliffhanger. Lol I'm so angst-y sometimes when it comes to writing. My bad…

rin916: Ok I'm trying to make this chapter a little less depressing but I don't think its gonna work lol. But I'll try. Hope you enjoy this chapter too. Thanks for reviewing.
NigraFelis: I'm assuming “Wow” is a good sign ^^ Thank you for the review.
Alex E.Tracer: hehe thanks for the enthusiastic review!

JennyKim319: Yeah it was hard to write that whole explanation without making it sound boring. But I'm glad you like it, thanks for the review!

30 seconds to YOUR MOM: LOL sick, twisted way…yeah! Haha Kagura is pretty crazy isn't she? You know, if this was a mystery story, I would make Kagura kill Kyo and make someone solve the murder. Ok that kinda sounds weird if I say it like that but yeah, thanks for the review, much appreciated XD!
MM
Sakura-bell: wow I didn't think of that. But yeah it would be pretty scary for Kagura to team up with Miya. >.< Thank you for reviewing sakura-bell!
---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
SHADOWED BY FAME SHATTERED BY FEAR
By Angelite Phoenix /AKA / Dark Angel of Mystery
CHAPTER 10Xx- Stuck between Relationships-xX
---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

“I don't love you!!!! I never did!!!” Kagura tossed and turned in her sleep, dreaming of the moment Kyo left her for no reason at all. Why K-Kyo? Did I do anything wrong? Is it because of how I look? How I act? How I haven't been here for the past 2 weeks? I need to know!!! Tell me!!!! Kagura woke up clutching onto her stomach with her forehead drenched in sweat.

“I feel sick
” She spoke as she rushed off to the bathroom.
“Lady Kagura? Are you alright in there? You seem very unwell.” Kagura's maid rushed into the room knocking on the bathroom door.
“NO, I am NOT okay. My fiancée broke up with me last night and left without a god damn explanation!” Kagura shouted back from the bathroom.
“I'm very sorry to hear that Lady Kagura, but if you are unwell, you have to see a doctor.”
“Dammit! What don't you understand? I need a doctor that can cure broken hearts, do you think you could find one that can do that!?”
“Uh no…but-“
“Just leave me alone! Okay?” Kagura's voice croaked as a river of tears rolled down her face.
“S-sorry to bother you Miss.” The maid rushed out of the room startled.
“Damn maid…Damn sick feeling… Damn Kyo!” Kagura said under her breath as she splashed icy cold water all over her face.
“Why did he have to do this to me… W-Why?”

---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

Momiji arrived home from university to find Tohru with her head and arms on the table, sound asleep. He tapped her on the shoulder lightly as she woke up with her eyes puffy and red.

“Woah…Tohru…are you okay?”
“Huh? Oh….Momiji….I-I'm fine…” Tohru gave a faint smile.
“You don't look fine to me. You didn't go to class today…why? They gave back the papers for the final exam…You graduated Tohru!” Momiji's worried frown turned into a happy grin.

“I…I did?” Tohru smiled, but was too tired to jump up and hug Momiji.

“Yes!!! We both did!!! The Graduation dinner is tomorrow evening!!! You're going to get you're certificate and you're
going to wear a graduation hat too!!!”
“W-w-wow….I didn't expect this.” Tohru stood up slowly as the news started to sink in.
“Well you worked hard, and now you deserve every little inch of that certificate. Congratulations Tohru!” Momiji poured sparkling wine into two wine glasses and gave one to Tohru.
“Thank you Momiji, Congratulations to you too, I'm truly happy for the two of us, but….I've got some news of my own.” Tohru took a sip of the wine then placed the glass on the table.
“Is it good news?”
“Well…I don't know…See, I told Kyo the whole story about his past earlier today…” Tohru replied as Momiji's face fell back into a frown.
“You did? What did he say?”
“I think…its too much information to take in at once, he ran off afterwards, but I have no idea where he is now.” Tohru sat back down and took another sip of wine.
“Oh…”
“And even before that, Kyo admitted…that he…he loved me.” Tohru stuttered as Momiji looked hurt.

“Tohru…go with him. You two belong together right? It's destiny. You two met 5 years ago, fell in love, he risked his life for you and lost his memory, and now he's fallen in love with you again but you…you've always loved him, for all these years you've
wondered how he was and whether or not he remembered you. But I can see that you haven't laid your eyes on anyone but Kyo. So if you two hesitate to be together again, I'll have to say that you're probably making a mistake. Fate decided to let you two be reunited, so don't ignore it. Go after him, tell him how you feel, don't hold back….

M-momiji, I…I don't know what to say…

“I'd do anything to see you happy again… Tohru. And I know Kyo will be the one to turn that grim sad expression on your face, into that warm smile I use to see and admire everyday.” Momiji walked up to Tohru slowly and hugged her.

“M-Momiji?”
Tohru stood there speechless as Momiji kept hugging her tightly.
I love you Tohru, you bring me happiness and I love having your company everyday, but I know that deep down inside, you feel unhappiness because you've always wondered whether Kyo was starting to remember things again. So now that he knows everything and now that you know he loves you. Go after him, talk to him, don't give up now.”
---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

His legs and arms were aching from walking around pointlessly all day, thinking about his life and how messed up it was. Kyo decided to stop somewhere and eat dinner so he could maybe cure his hungry stomach. He entered the nearest restaurant and sat down.

“What would you like to order Sir….-Oh….Mr. Kyo Sohma, how nice to see you here.” The waitress looked at him with wide eyes, not believing that the famous cute actor was sitting in front of her.
“Yeah Yeah, Here's my autograph if that's what you wanted.”

”Uhh—umm thank you very much.” The waitress bowed numerous times.
“So I wanna order a simple Spaghetti Bolognese and a glass of red wine.” Kyo demanded.
“Is that all?”

“Yeah, hey there aren't any paparazzi people here, are there?” Kyo asked.
“N-no…this is where a lot of celebrities choose to dine; we have a tight security system so that we don't have fans …”

“Ok I get the picture, now hurry up and get my spaghetti.” Kyo felt a bit guilty treating a poor waitress so badly, but he couldn't help it when he was in a super bad mood. Hungry, tired, and confused, he longed to see Tohru since she felt like the only
person he could trust.
---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

“I'm really glad that you could make it tonight… Machi.” Yuki smiled as he handed her a rose. This was probably their fourth major date and Yuki was planning to propose on the fifth. He didn't want to rush things yet he really wanted to know what her answer would be. They had arrived in a fancy Italian restaurant as Yuki had heard that Italian was one of Machi's favorite.
[A/N: Yeah I made that up lol]

“Umm…yea…” Machi looked down as she blushed.

“So…how do you like the food?”
“It's good thank you.” Machi gave a faint smile and drank her cocktail.

Here….I got you this.” Yuki took out a big yellow Mogeta plushie and handed it to her.

“Oh- you didn't have to do that.” Machi stuttered.
“Its alright, I wanted to.” Yuki smiled.

“T-thank you.” Machi looked at the plushie and hugged it. “I love it.”

“You're welcome. Umm will you excuse me for a second?” Yuki got up and kissed her cheek.

“Uh sure.” Machi replied as Yuki walked off. He spotted Kyo in the far corner and decided to speak to him, even though they were enemies in high school, he thought it wasn't fair to judge him now
, after he had lost his memory and all…
“Kyo, what are you doing here?” Yuki questioned while noticing Kyo's wild hair and grumpy attitude.
“What does it look like I'm doing, you idiot!” Kyo drank his wine and smirked.
“Are you drunk?”

“Pfft…what makes you think that…
damn Prince Yuki?”
What? He hasn't called me that since high school…is he….remembering things? Yuki thought.

“What did you just call me?”
“Damn Prince Yuki.”

“You remember?”

“As a matter of fact, I do. Tohru told me the whole story of my crap life. And I get
damn visions in my sleep so of course I remember some details here and there. And now I finally know why I hated you when I didn't even know you, but the thing is, I did know you in my past but….”

“Shut up
, you're drunk and you should go home.”

“Haha I don't have a home anymore. I dumped Kagura.”

“You what?” Yuki raised his eyebrows.

“I dumped her.
I mean, why should I marry someone I don't love. She's annoying, that Kagura.”
“Ok you're so messed up, come with me, as dumb as this sounds, you're coming to my house, you can use one of the spare bedrooms until you get your life sorted.” Yuki dragged Kyo along.
“No way, I'm not sharing a house with you!” Kyo complained but didn't attempt to pull away.

“Machi…I'm afraid I'm gonna have to leave now. I'm sorry, I've just got to deal with this piece of garbage.” Yuki
ignored Kyo and sighed as he gave Machi an apologetic smile and hugged her.
“It's ok. I understand. Kakeru will give me a lift home. Well…He better…” Machi replied calmly.
“Thank you so much. I'll make this up to you later! I Love you.” Yuki took Kyo and drove him away in his car.
---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

There was at least 30 seconds of silence in the room. Rin was now sitting on the chair directly opposite Haru who was staring at her.
“Haru…I….” Tears fell out of her eyes as she clenched her fists.
“Are you trying to risk your life? Are you willing to give up and die…? Haru scooted closer to Rin and held her hand.
Yes.” Rin answered after taking a deep breath.
“Well I won't let you. You're coming to the hospital with me right now to get treatment.”

”Haru,
I don't think you get it. All my life the hospital has been my second home! I'm sick of being sick, I hate it! You know I have constant health problems, but I'm more willing to let go and die rather than carry on with life and suffer every damn day…do you understand what I'm saying?
“Rin…”
“Needles, Medicine, Surgery, Stupid Freakin' Hospital Beds, this is the life I've been living, And now I get leukemia! So if I'm choosing to die then I might as well spend my last moments with you because you're the only one I've ever truly cared for.” Rin wiped away her tears while noticing that Haru was crying too.
“Do you really think dying will solve anything Rin? Don't be so stupid! You know there's ways to cure leukemia. I'll go with you, I'll spend every moment with you in the hospital if I have to, just don't give up Rin.”
“B-but…what if I don't survive anyway, this is leukemia we're talking about, blood cancer, its not exactly easy to cure.” Rin stuttered, her face turned into a shade of chalk white.

“Well…whether or not you'll survive, that's for…fate to decide. But, at least we know that we've done everything we can and that the doctors have tried their best. Until then I'm not letting you die without even trying to cure this.” Haru
answered soothingly.
“I hate the hospital Haru, I admit, I'm scared and I don't think I could live with needles and medicine and…”
“Rin, think about it, once this is over, we can take a real vacation in the tropical islands, without a worry in the world about hospitals. And once this is over we can worry about everyday stuff like grocery shopping or…what time our hairdresser appointments are…y'know?”

“I guess…you're right…” Rin gave in and leaned on Haru's shoulder although still feeling fear inside of her.
“I promise I'll do everything I can to make you feel comfortable in the hospital, I'll bring you first class meals, I'll bring you the latest dvd's and music cd's, hell I can even bring my PS3 and play racing games with you!” Haru felt a wave of childish behaviour overtake him as he noticed a small smile creep onto Rin's face.
That ought to make my hospital stay a little more entertaining than usual.” Rin replied.
“Of course.” Haru grinned.
“Well…thanks…”
“So shall we get going and get this hospital stuff over and done with?” Haru asked as he grabbed his cell-phone and keys.
“Yeah.”
---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------

Akito stormed
around the room, furious, throwing all his paperwork around the room while Kureno tried to calm him down.

“I DON'T BELIEVE THIS!
SHE SIGNED A CONTRACT! WHAT THE HELL! SHE CAN'T QUIT NOW ! NOT WHEN WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKIN' MOVIE! DAMMIT!” Akito shouted as he threw his ornaments onto the floor.
“Akito…”

“AND I DON'T GIVE A DAMN IF THEY'VE BROKEN UP IN REAL LIFE!”

“Akito…if you think about it, it must be hard for Kagura to face Kyo since he broke up with her and called off the engagement last night
so unexpectedly.
“SO WHAT? WHO CARES IF THEY CAN'T FACE EACH OTHER IN REAL LIFE, THEIR ACTING! ACTING IS PART OF THEIR JOB!”
But…”

“LISTEN TO ME, IF SHE DOESN'T SHOW UP TOMORROW FOR WORK, I WILL LITERALLY KILL HER! TELL HER THAT!” Akito stared at Kureno, his eyes suddenly a shade of red.
“I…but…”
“KURENO!”

“…Yes….Akito …” Kureno sighed and exited Akito's office.
---------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

Ayame Shimazu sat down on his favorite pink & purple fluffy chair at the counter of his clothing shop. He looked around and admired his own creations, men's fantasies, oh how nice it was to see the colorful and frilly designs. His assistant Mine was on holiday and he couldn't be bothered hiring anyone else so he decided to stay in the shop by himself. Ayame started to get bored as an hour passed and there were no customers in sight. He chose to call up one of his best friends Hatori; he knew Shigure was probably too busy writing new perverted novels.
“What do you want?” Hatori's serious tone hit Ayame in the head as he sulked.
“Oh Hari, how could you think of me like that? I'm not asking for anything, I just want a decent chat with my good friend. Is that really so much to ask for?” Ayame pouted.
“I'm busy, go bother Shigure.”

“But Gure-san is busy with his novels.”

“Just tell me, what do you want?”

“Wel
lWait- oh my god! Did you see Yuki on TV the other day? He didn't wear the dress I made for him!!!!!!!!! How could he? That dress was made with pure brotherly love.” Ayame carried out his usual dramatic voice as Hatori sighed.
“Do you really expect him to go on stage and embarrass himself in front of 6,000 people?”
“Hari! That dress is not embarrassing at all, it is a beautiful, light, frilly dress for my dear Yuki. The fans would've loved it!!! I have very good taste in fashion you know.”

“Yes…Awkward Fashion.” Hatori replied.
“Exactly! But that's what makes ME unique, wouldn't you say?” Ayame continued to brag as waited for Hatori's reply.

“Hey, Hey!! Hari! -You still there??”


---------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

“Yo you, over there, little girl, yeah you! You're sitting in my seat!” A tough looking boy glared at the innocent Kisa.

“Oh…oh I'm so sorry, I'll move.” Kisa stuttered as she stood up.

“Don't bother. I need to teach you a lesson first, for stealing my spot today.” The boy flexed his muscles as he grabbed Kisa by the arm.
“Kisa, here's your iced coffee!” Hiro walked towards Kisa and dropped the tray as soon as he realized what was going on.
“H-Hiro…” Kisa's eyes started to water.
Hey!! What do ya think you're doing!” Hiro yelled at the boy.

“Just because you're the speaker of that lame show, doesn't mean I'm gonna let your girlfriend off without an apology.” That boy snickered as Hiro's temper started to rise.
“If you don't let her go now, I will…”

“You will what? Heh, you're both spoilt, magazine editor, talkshow presenter, you think you'll all that, but you're not! And I'm gonna prove it once I…”

Before the boy could finish, Hiro had ran up to him and punched him hard on the nose as Kisa fell to the
ground with tears in her eyes.

“WHY YOU-!” Hiro punched the boy again before he could continue.

“Come on Kisa, let's go!” Hiro took her by the hand and ran with her till they could no longer see the boy in sight.

“H-Hiro, I'm so scared…who was that boy?” Kisa clutched onto his arm as he hugged onto her.

“His names Billy, he's a retard who's jealous of us, but don't worry Kisa, I won't let anything happen to you. But stay away from him whenever you're alone. I don't want you getting hurt Okay?”

“Ok.” Kisa nodded.

“But…are you going to get into trouble? You punched him…” Kisa grabbed his hand.

“Pfft as if! He made a move first, we can't get in trouble for defending ourselves.” Hiro reassured her.

“I've never seen a guy act like that before.”

“Well you have to realize that is isn't the world of magazines, colleagues, bosses, fashion and beauty anymore. High school can be fun sometimes, but it has its disadvantages. But if you think you don't like this place, then…maybe your boss might hire you again if he really wanted to.”
Hiro sighed as Kisa simple smiled back.

“No, as much as I loved my old career. I'm excited about this new path, with you.”
---------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

Arisa Uotani and her best friend Saki Hanajima sat down in a quiet café drinking their iced coffees as they chatted and gossiped.

“I heard from the Prince the other day that Orangey confessed to Tohru about his true feelings.”

“Yes I felt waves coming from Kyo. He's getting his memory back, and now that Tohru's talked to him about his past, I can feel fear and shock inside of him.”
“Yeah…I kinda feel sorry for him right now…He fell in love with Tohru twice and now he must be really confused about his everyday-life…and his love-life.” Arisa sipped her iced coffee as it sent a shiver down her spine.

“Speaking of love…you're still in love with Kureno right?” Hana looked at Uo as she noticed the color of her cheeks change.

“K-k-kureno? That idiot hasn't even replied my messages yet! I've left so many on his voicemail! He hardly even checks it! We haven't even gone on a proper date yet.” Uo folded her arms and sighed.

“That is true…but
he owns all of your CD's, records all your interviews and… he has posters of you on his wall, so he's a huge fan…you know?” Hana pointed out.

“W-what? How do you know that?”

“I'm psychic.” Hana smiled
as she saw the color of Arisa's cheeks darken.

“So…answer this question Madame Fortune Teller, Will he ever ask me out?”

“No.”

“…Damn…&# 8221;
Arisa pouted as Hana smirked.

You… will ask him out.”

---------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

She could not go to sleep. Tohru thought of the words Momiji had spoken just an hour ago as tears rolled onto her pillow.


“….If you two hesitate to be together again, I'll have to say that you're probably making a mistake. Fate decided to let you two be reunited, so don't ignore it. Go after him, tell him how you feel, don't hold back…”
“I'd do anything to see you happy again… Tohru. And I know Kyo will be the one to turn that grim sad expression on your face, into that warm smile I use to see and admire everyday.”
“I love you Tohru, you bring me happiness and I love having your company everyday, but I know that deep down inside, you feel unhappiness because you've always wondered whether Kyo was starting to remember things again…”

“Go after him, talk to him, don't give up now.”
“M-m-Momiji…loves me?” Tohru thought, while clutching tightly onto her pillows.

“No…it can't be true, he's just a very good friend…”

Flashbacks started to hit Tohru as she remembered what Momiji had said on the plane.

”Why Tohru, are you scared of flying?”
 
“Uhh…kinda, I've never been on a plane before?”
 
“Really, is that true?”
 
“Yea…I don't have enough money for a frequent air ticket…”
 
“Say no more Tohru, once we graduate, I'll take you all over Europe, Africa, Asia, anywhere you wanna go.”
 
“Oh Momiji…that sounds so exciting. I don't know what to say!”
 
“Don't say anything, just keep in mind, I promise you I will do that after university. So don't forget! So anyway, would you like a drink?”
 
“Yes please, thank you…Momiji.”

He promised to take me around the world…how I could forget that…well…I guess that's not going to happen anymore, judging by the situation I'm in, now that I've seen Kyo again.” Tohru wiped her tears away and shut her eyes.

“I don't understand…I love Kyo, but…I love Momiji too…just, not in that way. He's like a brother to me, he's so kind, caring and he's looked after me all these years, offering me a place to stay, paying half of my university and high school fees…I really do owe him so much. But I don't know how to repay him. And now that I've supposedly broken his heart, how can he...not hate me?”

---------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

A/N:
Phew….that was a long chapter for me… and again I apologize for the long wait.

Umm…I didn't edit this chapter either so I apologize for errors too.

But… whatever…

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this chapter ^_^


Don't forget, reviews will be much appreciated. Thank you!


Angelite Phoenix/Dark Angel of Mystery