Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Cat And The Mouse ❯ Yin And Yang ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket or any of its characters, but I would love to that way there would only be yaoi couples and maybe TooruxKyou,lol.
Warnings: This is a Yaoi/ Shounen ai fic. And I won't have it any other way. As much as it is concerned, most of the fic is PG-13 with occasional R. For mature themes/ sexual content, and language.
Note: I need a beta! So if you like the fic after just the first chapter and is online very often, then please assist!


The Cat and the Mouse
Chapter One
Yin and Yang
Kyou picked up his backpack and grasp the knob. A chorus of "wait ups" could be heard the moment he opened the door. Tooru nearly tripped over her feet to catch him before he left. She breathed heavily beneath the muttering, "I was sure you would leave me again Kyou-kun. Yuki-kun already left for school and obviously didn't want to wake me up." She laughed as she patted her head, "could we go to school together Kyou-kun...I mean you are always leaving me behind. Only Yuki-kun walks with me."
Kyou's face suddenly smeared up viciously, "why are you always comparing me to that damn rat!" He left Tooru the next second with only the look of anger to accompany him.
Tooru sighed loudly, "I don't understand you Kyou...why do you hate Yuki so much? Is it to cover up how badly an affect he has on you?" She ended to school alone.
Kyou's eyes scanned the courtyard at school, looking for Yuki. Once he had seen no site of him he smiled and headed inside. The last thing he needed was to hear Yuki's lecturing voice, complaining about how he talked to Tooru. He pushed back the door to his room and was a little upset to see Yuki already there. He dropped his bag onto the floor and sat down in the back far away from Yuki. Even though he despised the sight Yuki, he couldn't help but stare during class. Yuki looked so vulnerable sitting there, head laid upon his shoulder with his books nearby. Once class had ended Kyou got ready to leave. He passed by Yuki still sitting at his desk while the rest of the class left. Kyou finally decided to turn back around and speak to Yuki.
"Hey Yuki!" Kyou shook his shoulder harder, breathing out of relief once Yuki faced him tiredly.
"Yeah..." Yuki stared at Kyou with an abnormal expression. He looked almost completely different, almost like a child. Kyou paused for a moment and then looked away.
"You still here after class is over." He removed his hand from Yuki's shoulder and walked home. Looking at Yuki just now had changed him some how. He saw Yuki as of helpless, when his usual vibe was fearless and strong. This feeling in Kyou's gut scared him, and he shook his head to force the image from his mind.
"Kyou..." Yuki's voice broke the silence suddenly, with an exhausted and dreary tone. Kyou turned back around, rather ticked because Yuki had something to say. Yuki walked slowly over to Kyou. His face was flushed and his eyes were teary.
"Yu..Yuki!" Kyou backed away scared.
"Kyou...help me." Yuki whispered quietly in a strain. He caught up to Kyou and looked him in the face.
"Yuki, what do you want!" Yuki warmly leaned his head beside Kyou's neck. He muttered words that Kyou didn't understand.
Yuki laughed softly and fell over toward Kyou. A gasp escaped his lips as Kyou caught Yuki in his arms. He slapped Yuki's face gently and called his name until he got a sound of laughter from Yuki. He placed his hand over Yuki's head, astonished it was burning up. Yuki had a fever and didn't tell anyone about it. Kyou quickly grabbed Yuki by the arm and walked him home.
"Damn Yuki...making me have to carry you're sick tale home!" Kyou complained beneath Yuki's weight. Yuki smiled in the corner of his lips.
"I don't mean to be a burden to anyone." He coughed roughly as he spoke.
"Just keep quite, you'll use to much energy if you talk." Yuki nodded and didn't speak. "So is this why you didn't walk with Tooru today. You thought she would over tire herself to help you, and you didn't want her to worry!" Yuki lifted his eyes and laughed as he nodded. Kyou stayed quite for a while longer but then had to make a last statement. "You do know this doesn't change anything right, me helping you doesn't mean I can stand to see your face!" Yuki nodded again before drifting to sleep as Kyou helped him home. At least I want to say this won't change anything Yuki.