Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Cat And The Mouse ❯ The Tides That Bind ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket or any of its characters, but I would love to that way there would only be yaoi couples and maybe TooruxKyou,lol.
Warnings: This is a Yaoi/ Shounen ai fic. And I won't have it any other way. As much as it is concerned, most of the fic is PG-13 with occasional R. For mature themes/ sexual content, and language.
Note: I need a beta! So if you like the fic after just the first chapter and is online very often, then please assist!


Chapter Two
The Tides That Bind
Once they arrived at the Sohma house, Kyou helped Yuki inside. They both took off their shoes and slipped into their slippers. Yuki sat in the floor waiting as Kyou puttered about in the kitchen, fixing some tea and soup. He peered around the corner of the door, and checked on Yuki.
"I not a pro at this so bare with me. Tooru is better at these kind of things, but I think she went out with some friends after school." Kyou came fully in view, a tray of tea and soup balanced on one hand. Yuki smiled tiredly and nodded before drinking his tea. Yuki sat quietly as Kyou watched him eat. He was calm for once and not in a hurry to get away from Yuki. "Yuki." Kyou lifted his eyes to him, " I think you will feel better once you relax, ok." Yuki nodded once more. "Good. You should take a bath after you eat, a nice hot bath always calms the body." Once Yuki agreed, Kyou rushed to the bathroom and started the water.
Yuki wobbled slightly to the bathroom once he was done eating. Kyou walked past him and cleaned off the table. He then passed a white robe and a towel to Yuki before leaving. "Thank you Kyou." Yuki said quickly before getting in. He smiled at the fact Kyou was going through all this trouble for him even after their past fights.
Kyou leaned back onto the door sighing softly as he rubbed the bridge of his nose between his index finger and thumb. If only Tooru or Shigure were home, they could care for Yuki and not him. He was still shaky today, he was worried about Yuki, especially after the sight he saw today. Kyou could barely believed it himself, finding a pleasing sensation to the expression on Yuki's face before he collapsed. It frightened him immensely, Yuki had never before had such an affect on him. After awhile Kyou went to go check on Yuki, since he had heard no sound from him since he got in. He knocked gently on the bathroom door. "Yuki!" He paused, waiting for a response. "Yuki!" he said more loudly this time. Kyou waited two more minutes and opened the door brutally. At first he saw Yuki's clothes folded up neatly in a basket, but then the tub. Kyou could see Yuki beneath the water in no response or moment. "Yuki!" Kyou yelled viciously grabbing Yuki's shoulders and pulled him up and out of the tub. Yuki gave no breath after being pulled out and even after the repeated times Kyou slapped the side of his face. Kyou went into a panic and started to yelled and slap Yuki more violently. As a last resort Kyou tilted Yuki's head up with his hand and grabbed his face with the other. Leaning down he gave air to Yuki's lungs. His lips pressed hard against Yuki's until he went out of breath himself and started to push down Yuki's stomach repeatedly.
Suddenly with a sputtering shock, Yuki took a deep breath and spat out the water. "Kyou?" Yuki coughed as Kyou rubbed his back. Not able to contain himself or his feelings Kyou wrapped his arms around the trembling, naked Yuki.
Kyou grabbed the towel and wrapped it around Yuki. Yuki stared up confused and trembling, even though the towel was placed around him. Wordlessly he wrapped his arms around Kyou, who was still in shock and near tears. "You damn rat! You almost killed me with that scare. wouldn't common sense tell you not to sleep in the goddamned bath tub!" Yuki shook his head and buried it into Kyou's neck.
"Thanks Kyou." Though Yuki could not see it, Kyou smiled and held Yuki's to his chest a bit tighter, as it was his only chance to be string enough to protect Yuki.
Kyou gathered Yuki in his arms and took him back to his bedroom, laying him down upon the mat and covering him with the blankets. Yuki's soft blue-gray eyes watched Kyou silently, knowing him scared he must have been. He reached for Kyou's hand, whispering words Kyou couldn't here. "What you say Yuki?" Yuki shook his head quietly.
"Truth is Kyou..." he paused, letting the words go through his head first before saying them. "I have always respected you Kyou. Actually many times before, I have fought you because I was jealous of you. Sometimes I want to be you, and just can't stand it when you can do things I can't. Like how you're friends with everyone and not afraid to be yourself. That’s what I like most about you. Saying it now seems so natural now, and if it weren't for the present circumstance..." Yuki let the thought trail off and squeezed Kyou's hand tightly.
Kyou squeezed his hand in return. He wanted to say the things that were on his mind as well, but it wasn't the right time and Yuki need his rest. He would tell Yuki when the time was right, but for now he watched Yuki drift off, his hand still holding Kyou's. A soft sigh escaped his lips. "I love you Yuki..." Kyou finished before Yuki's grip lifted and he was surely asleep for the night.