Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Cat And The Mouse ❯ Learning To Accept ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Eighteen
Learning To Accept

"What?!" A chorus of four voices all said at once. The room was filled with an assortment of large, colorful eyes as everyone tried to grasp the concept of Kyou and Yuki's confession. Sure it had taken some time getting use to the two always displaying their love for one another in an un-child-friendly manner, but was the rest of the Sohmas suppose to adjust to them being married!

Kyou was unable to hold back the blush of embarrassment as he twiddled with his fingers just beneath the table. His auburn eyes were to humiliated to meet any of the faces that were obviously staring at him with astonishment. He just wished Yuki wasn't so open about everything they did now and days. Kyou, himself, could accept eloping or getting married without them knowing, but Yuki somehow found pride and being able to tell them the truth.

Yuki, at this moment, was grinning like a chessa cat, prideful and strong. He had found not embarrassment or shame for asking Kyou to marry him as much as he had for telling the rest of the family. Their reactions were all but too expected to the mouse. Sure, just yesterday, it seemed everyone was going out of their way to disturb the two of them. Yuki's silver eyes, gleamed as he glanced back over to the nervous cat. His own smile widened. He couldn't help but think how cute Kyou was whenever he was embarrassed, those cheeks would light up with red.

"You can't be serious me brother?!" Ayame wailed, for once his eyes wide and terrified after hearing the confession. He had once had such high hopes for his brother, but it seems Yuki would never willingly meet any of his expectations. "You are so cruel to tease me this way!" He nearly sobbed, bringing out a handkerchief to wipe the not yet fallen tears.

Yuki growled furiously and slammed his fist on the table. "Damn it Ayame, this isn't even about you!" He hissed. It seems more recently his anger was no longer within his control. But how could he maintain it when people were mocking his love for the cat.

"Still Yuki, are you sure you two want to do this?" Shigure asked somewhat worriedly. He had calmed himself and was now staring softly at the table in thought. Recently he hadn't made much progress with convincing Akito to allow their relationship, much less get married. He had seen a side of Akito, that frightened even him yesterday. "You two are putting allot on the line." He warned, yet this didn't seem to worry Yuki or Kyou.

"Shigure is right." Tooru finally said, her voice soft and laced with an odd type of fear even she could not place. "Akito might try and separate you two himself, if he ever found out."

"'If' he ever found out." Yuki snapped back at them. "He'll only know if one of you tell him." Yuki explained. He thought he could at least trust his own family not to tell such a secret to Akito, unless they wanted him and Kyou apart so badly. "And if he does find out, we don't care. He would have to kill us he keep us apart." His statement had caused both Kagura and Tooru to gasp. There was no doubt Akito would try to kill them if they refused to obey his commands. Lately the male had seemed on edge and ready to strike.

"Have you gone mad Yuki?!" Kagura yelled. "Hell, if I let Akito kill Kyou just because of your stupidity and rebellion!" She hollered back, standing up from her seat. "There is no reason either one of you should have to die over this! Why do you have to get married anyway?! You already take the joy out of it by fucking like rabbits any time you get!" Kagura, herself, was unable to control her anger. Despite how easily she had told Yuki she accepted their relationship, she could not so easily excuse their carelessness with the matter.

Everyone at the table was appalled by her complaint, though Ayame was just plain heart broken, and crying his eyes out at the moment. This was the first he has heard of it, and it was not quite the best thing to hear for a brother who had yet to comprehend their relationship at all.

"Kagura!" Tooru gasped, her hands cupping her mouth.

"Oh, come off of it Tooru. Don't expect anyone to believe that crap about you okay with all this too! You, more than anyone, have a right to be upset!" She growled. "I fed up with you idiots." Kagura retorted, stumping away into the kitchen and out the back door. Tooru worriedly looked around the room at the downcast eyes and nervously rushed out the room, going after Kagura.

"Kagura! What's gotten into you?" Tooru asked, stepping outside. She found the boar sitting angrily on the back steps, arms crossed and face pouty.

"What's gotten into me?! How about what's gotten into them?! Yuki and Kyou married?! It's unimaginable, unacceptable, it's...it's horrible!" She exclaimed hysterically. Her arms untied so she could cup her head in her hands.

"But Kagura, I thought you were okay with it?" Tooru replied.

"I was...when I thought there was still a chance Kyou would change his mind. But now that they are getting married, what hope is there left for me. I was at least in range when I only had you as my competition. How can you be okay with this Tooru, I thought you liked Kyou? And don't give me that crap about 'I'm happy as long as Kyou is happy'!" She demanded.

Tooru's brown eyes fell to the ground as she finally sat down beside the girl. "The truth is, I'm not all that okay with it, my heart was pounding after they told me. As much as I don't want to interfere with their lives, I can't smother these feelings I have for Kyou. Try as I may, I can't be completely happy knowing Kyou is truly happy with Yuki. I guess he sees me no more than a sister or friend." She replied sorrowfully. "But who am I to prevent them from marrying because of my own selfish feelings?"

"Tooru you have a right as a lady to defend you feelings!" Kagura exclaimed. "If you love someone you should fight for them!" Kagura exclaimed, standing up quickly. "You are better fit for Kyou than Yuki."

A small smile graced Tooru's lips as she lightly shock head. "No, Kagura. There is still plenty of time for me to fall in love."

Kagura sighed in defeat. She knew no matter what she said, she wouldn’t be able to convince Tooru to think about herself. Dismal, sad eyes averted to the ground again. "I've always admired your selflessness Tooru. It ceases to amaze me how you always think of the better good for others. It annoys me at times that you can stay as happy and caring as ever during times like these."

Tooru smiled softly, knowing that her attitude was sometimes frustrating for those that did not feel the same as her. "I can't help it. Being angry, sad, or worried would just trouble those I care about."

"Still..." Kagura continued, her bottom lip trembling some. "I wish I could have known what it was like to have Kyou love in return."

Tooru understood Kagura's desire, for she too wanted the same thing. "How about we take a walk now, Kagura. We can clear our minds and blow off some steam?" Tooru suggested with a warm smile. Though ,personally she need none of those things, she just wanted to comfort Kagura in a way. Kagura solemnly nodded, following suit to Tooru's departure.

Meanwhile, the men were not quite as calm and respectable about Kagura’s outburst. And Kyou, among many, regretted Yuki's confession for it had only arose anger and hatred between the family. Ayame was presently crying dramatically to his heart's content.

"Oh dear Yuki, how could you betray me so. You and this-this creature together in any sense of the word is all too appalling." H wailed, bringing his palms to cover his aching head. "I was hoping it would be me dear brother teaching you about the birds and the bees."

Yuki's face instinctively turned pale with illness and his eyes a dilated, disgusted gray. "As if I would want to learn anything from you?!" Yuki yelled, the sickened color still on his face. The very thought of Ayame trying to explain such a thing to him through demonstration and live examples made Yuki weak in the knees. "And if you must know, Kyou is a way better teacher than you." Yuki replied matter of factly, in the spurge of the moment.

The table quickly went quite as a river of red overtook Kyou's once creamy white cheeks. Shigure had been at a lost for words since Kagura left. He'd rather not interfere now that unwanted information had been shared. Plus, he didn't want to draw attention to himself, for it was his responsibility to convince Akito of the good in their relationship.

Ayame finally broke the silence with an unbearable roar of sadness. "Yuki, how could you?! I'd be more accepting of this being seducing you, but I can never believe you willingly wanted this feline to teach you!"

Yuki was easily irritated by his brother's complaints. And everyone knew an irritated Yuki was an illogical and fallible Yuki. "It's simply impossible for me to believe a high class Sohma like yourself would so much as hug this being unworthy of your tender love and affection." Ayame pointed out rudely.

This nearly pushed Yuki over the edge. "Oh is that so?" he exclaimed loudly, "how about I give you a clear picture then?" Without any hesitation what so ever, Yuki grabbed the startled cat beside him and quickly forced him into a rough kiss. Shigure merely sighed, raising his hand up to rub the bridge of his nose. He had a feeling this would happen, he only wished he hadn't been around for it.

"Ah! Yuki, what are you doing?! Do you want a disease?!" Ayame wailed his eyes wide with surprise and fear.

The determined mouse paid no heed to Ayame's words and tightly held Kyou in place. Try as the orange haired male may, he could not escape this humiliating spectacle Yuki was making of them. His own auburn eyes enlarged when he felt his lover's impatient hands slip beneath the safe confines of his shirt. His objective hollering had been muffled by Yuki's mouth. Surely he was planning on going the whole nine yards with an audience, right? Kyou was filled with doubt and worry. When Yuki was like this, one could rarely tell what was going on in that complex mind of his.

But Kyou was beginning to get a good idea by the time Yuki removed his shirt entirely, causing Ayame to erupt into a shrilling scream. He had become aware himself that his your brother intended to do 'anything' to upset and disobey him. "Dear brother, please stop this nonsense!" Ayame begged, raising from his seat and now tugging on Yuki's shoulder. Again the words were ignored by the furiously intensive mouse as he inconspicuously pushed his tongue through the threshold of Kyou's mouth.

Shigure could no longer bare being in the same room as the two teens, and simply stood up. "If you need me, I will be at Akito's." He announced, heading toward the door. But the next second he found himself being held back by a teary Ayame.

"Please Shigure, you can't let them do this!" Ayame pleaded. "This activity isn't appropriate for boys their age!"

Shigure chuckled shortly, "oh but Ayame, my dear friend, I don't recall hearing you object to the same actions when we were their age." Shigure managed to say with his untrustworthy grin.

As if the lights were suddenly switched off, the room had went into another dead silence. The dog felt a twitching in his eye as he could literally cut the tension with a knife. Just across the room, the teens that had been so intensely displaying their love, was frozen in place. Their eyes wider than ever and staring directly at the two adults as they were petrified with the knowledge just shared with them.

Not a minute later, the two teens went rushing out of the room, hollering and apparently making a mad dash to the bathroom to gag. A bead of nervous sweat dripped down Shigure's head as soft laughter made it past his lips. Ayame suddenly smiled himself and quickly hugged the dog. "Thanks Shigure! I can always rely on you, my dearest friend." He moaned pleasantly. "Though your lie was a little over the top." He warned, a smile still planted on his relieve face.

"Enough about that, I think it would be in both your and Yuki's best interest if you simply gave him your blessing, surely it isn't that upsetting to have him marrying Kyou?" Shigure suggested with a serious face for once.

Ayame sighed lightly and released the other male. "I simply down want Yuki to be hurt by Akito over this. What if he's making a big mistake, after all they are a little young to be getting married?" Ayame replied solemnly.

"You know Yuki enough to never accept anyone else's commands when it comes to his own life, the same goes for Kyou. If they want to be together, they will do so without or permission or acceptance. So you might as well give in now."

"I suppose you are right Shigure. Those two are probably meant for each other." Ayame admitted.

To Be Continued...

A/N: I'm terribly sorry for the long wait, it's been months T_T. Forgive me. I shouldn't have done that, but writer's block is mostly to blame for it. Well I hoped you like and I look forward to reviews. I will try to put up the next chapter soon, just bare with me and it's nearly the end of the fic!