Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Hagane no Renkinjutsushi - Summarized ❯ Episode 22 - Tsukurareta Ningen ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hughes: What did you want at this time of the night?

Mustang: Something's been bothering me.

Hughes: The plot hasn't resolved yet.

Mustang: It's not that. It's that I haven't gotten any screen time lately.

Hughes: You know, Roy, it's not cool when your actual lines of dialogue start to sound like a parody.

Mustang: I've talked to the writers on behalf of my unit, we're going to have a whole episode like this later on.

Hughes: Roy, there's this little thing called the FOURTH WALL! Obey it!

Armstrong: Maybe we should fill the Colonel in on what's going on with the Elrics.

Hughes: And have him race down here to Central to rescue his lover? Are you kidding? I deserve screen time too!


*back in the lab*


Scar: Gluttony, that grin of yours is disturbing me. So is the fact that you keep beating me up with your face.


*elsewhere*


Lust: It's been awhile since we first met. Back in the Episode Which Does Not Exist.

Alphonse: Don't remind me, I'm trying to block that one out. But you can't be a homunculus.

Lust: Why not?

Alphonse: Because a homunculus is an artificially created human. A human that isn't human. And nobody has succeeded in making one. It's not possible. These lines were for the cabbages in the audience.

Lust: Sure it's possible. Let's fight.

Alphonse: You're ... not human!

Lust: What gave you your first clue? The cat-slit purple eyes, or the Insta-Extendo finger attachments? It's funny how you alchemists never worry about whether or not my fingers obey equivalent trade.

Alphonse: Holy shit, we haven't even had the credits yet!


*Opening credits*

*Title card : Created Human*


Chimera!Tucker: You know, Edward, it's kind of creepy how well you are fitting in with our freak show of mutants here in the lab.

Edward: Quiet. I'm starting to understand what they were researching here.

Chimera!Tucker: I just told you in the last episode what was being researched here. Remember, I work here.

Edward: So do you know how to make this stuff?

Chimera!Tucker: No, it was all made by Doctor Marcoh before I came here.

Edward: So it's ...

Chimera!Tucker: That's right. Soylent Green is people!

Edward: Dammit!

Chimera!Tucker: Just make a damned magic rock out of it. They're already goo, make them powerful goo.

Edward: Hang on, I need to have an angst moment with the memory of my cute little brother. Then I'll demonstrate that I can draw an alchemy array ... with alchemy. Is that circular or what?


*back at HQ*


Bradley: What are you all doing here?

Hughes: At least we're wearing clothes. Are you going to claim you sleep here or something?

Bradley: What, you don't like my baby blue PJs? This gives me a chance to demonstrate that the lives of alchemists are more important than anybody else, at least in my rhetoric.


*back in the lab*


Edward: It's nice that I have my own guide to the place.

Chimera!Tucker: Anything to get the damned magic rock made.

Gran!Envy: There's really no reason for me to be scoping out the prisoners, except to let the audience know they're here.

Kimbly: Hey there, don't forget about me!


*downstairs*


Chimera!Tucker: So explain to me how this works.

Edward: No problem. We're like ... coworkers now. Or something. Let me adjust your arrays here.

Chimera!Tucker: An array with seven corners! I've never seen anything like it! Seven! I mean ... who would have thought of SEVEN?

Edward: Quit mocking my genius. It's not my fault you adults never thought of adding a corner.


*upstairs*


Kimbly: Someone say something, so I have an excuse to kill you.

Random Prisoner: Something.

Kimbly: Thanks!


*elsewhere*


Scar: Dammit, and I was having a nice dream too.


*commercial break*


Edward: Hey! What are people doing here!?

Chimera!Tucker: Oops?

Envy!Gran: I brought them here. So there!

Edward: Unlike everybody else in Central, I know that Gran got popped. You can't fool me!

Envy: However, you did have to leap up into the air like Baryshnikov to punch me. You're pretty short, aren't you?

Edward: Dammit! I'd forgotten about those funny noises my automail was making two episodes ago ...

Envy: You know what? You're pretty attractive when you're wounded. And the more injured you are, the cuter you get.

Edward: I know. It's starting to alarm me.

Envy: I bet you'd be stunning if I killed you.

Edward: Don't even talk like that!

Lust: You know, Envy, it's not really sporting to kick 'em when they're laying on the ground struggling to breathe.

Envy: I was just trying to test a theory!

Lust: Nevermind that. Let's get back on topic.

Edward: You weren't planning to make me transmute all these prisoners from the start, were you!?

Prisoners: Holy shit, we just now realized that sitting in the middle of a transmutation array might be a safety hazard! Where's OSHA when you need 'em?

Lust: You can't say no. We have ... YOUR LITTLE BROTHER!

Edward: I'm sure nobody saw that one coming.

Alphonse: Nii-san, these are homunculi.

Edward: How do you know that?

Alphonse: ... Scar told me?

Chimera!Tucker: That's right! Homunculi! I asked for one for Christmas but the military said I'd appreciate it more if I made one for myself.

Edward: Tucker ... what happened to "it can't hold its form when it touches the air"? That Nina-doll sure looks like it's holding its form just fine.

Chimera!Tucker: A minor detail! Anyway, all I need to do is implant my memories of Nina into my theoretical homunculus, and then a Nina perfect to my liking will be born. Because that real Nina was just way too obnoxiously cute.

Edward: That won't be the real Nina, you know. Envy, could you quit kicking me across the face?

Envy: I'm giving fuel to the fanficers who want to pair us together. Because nothing says "true love" like a kick to the cheekbone.

Lust: How about if I confess that I just want to be human? Will that make you create the magic rock for us?

Edward: Um ... no. You kind of lost my sympathy when you chewed Al's arms and legs off.

Lust: Dammit. Time to resort to blackmail.

Edward: Sure, why not? That's how everyone else who wants me to do something manages to talk me into it.

Number 48: See you on the other side, Ed. It was nice knowing you. In the past four episodes, I feel like we've become friends.

Edward: Likewise. This gaping wound on my shoulder that's been leaking blood for the past three episodes will remind me of you forever!

Lust: So, should I kill your brother too?

Edward: Arrrgh! Am I that easy to manipulate?

Lust: Yes.

Alphonse: Don't worry about me, Nii-san!

Edward: Shut up, Al. The series isn't even half over yet.

Prisoners: To herd like sheep in the middle of the array, knowing that we'll get transmuted into a magic rock, or to get eaten by Gluttony ... damn, this is a tough choice.

Alphonse: Nii-san, you can't do this!

Edward: Sure I can. I'm an alchemist, that means I'm amoral.

Scar: What a convenient little slit in the wall that lets me watch the action! I knew I should have killed him when I had the chance! Oh, wait, that's right, I tried. Anyway, I think I'll watch for a little while instead of popping down there to splatter him.

Alphonse: Once again, Nii-san, you can't do this!

Edward: Well, guys, OSHA didn't get here in time to save you.

Prisoners: Alchemists have suddenly become a lot more intimidating than they were twenty minutes ago! We're sorry for calling all those alchemists in high school "geeks" and playing keep-away with their chalk!

Alphonse: I don't want to be human again if it means people have to die for it to happen.

Lust: Who said anything about you? This is about us wanting to be human. Get it? Us, not you.

Edward: So the ultimate truth behind truths is that it's a dog-eat-dog world. Who knew? Despite the fact that I have an array right in front of me, I think I'll clap my hands and get some of that good transmutation juice flowing. Just in case I, I dunno, step in some incomplete Philosopher's Stone soon or something.

Alphonse: Nii-san, for the last time, you can't do this.

Edward: Actually ... you're right, I can't. Sorry, Al.

Envy: Whee, do I get to kill him now?

Scar: I AM THE TERROR THAT FLAPS IN THE NIGHT! Go save your little brother, Fullmetal.

Edward: Wow, psychotic murderer to filial role model. Who would have foreseen that transition?

Lust: Watch out for that ...

Edward: ... oops.

Lust: Great. An alchemist with good reason to be pissed at us is now the center of a vortex of power. Suddenly, sticking around this area doesn't seem like such a hot idea.


*outside*


Bradley: Let's stage an armed invasion of our own facility!


*inside*


Greed: No dialogue for me. Dammit!

Kimbly: Not a problem, I can read suggestive looks. Where'd you find the hot pimp glasses?


*back in the magic rock room*


Ross: Edward-san!

Edward: It's fine. In fact, this is the most mind-blowing orgasm I've ever had.

Ross: You know, one of you two men could go rescue Ed from the middle of that maelstrom. But I guess I'm the only one here with the balls for it.

Edward: How did you know that all I needed was a hug?


*outside*


Lust: Don't mind us.

Sloth: I won't.

Audience: MY EYES! MY EYES!

Armstrong: Although I wasn't man enough to actually go pull Edward out of his cascading transmutation reaction, I'm man enough to carry him unconscious out of the building and get all the applause.

Edward: I don't like that my face is this close to your groin, Major.