Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Our Brothers ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Our Brothers
By: joyfulmusic
 
I do not own Fullmetal Alchemist. None of it… Ain't that just so sad?
Warnings: A few small spoilers. There are some thoughts of suicide, and there will be an eating disorder... or two.
 
 
 
Epilogue
 
As promised Ed wore his hair in a braid until our wedding night. After that he kept it back in a ponytail, allowing me to stroke my fingers through it. Edward worked for the Fuhrer, doing paperwork. A few women at the office would try to touch his hair, while marveling at its beauty. Every time he would jerk it away, giving them a dirty look. To him, it was like them trying to touch his leg or thigh, it was intimate, meant for my hands alone.
 
Fuhrer Mustang did request Ed to go on a few missions. Fullmetal, he found, refused to be gone for very long. It didn't matter that it was the leader of our country that asked him to. He simply wouldn't leave his family for more than a week.
 
 
Emery's prediction had been correct. A year after the marriage the extra room had been decorated in pink in anticipation of our baby girl. What we hadn't expected was a boy the following year.
 
We raised both our brothers and our children in the same house where I had grown up. Emery went off to become a doctor while Alphonse followed in his bother's footsteps. His alchemy however worked best for healing the wounded. We supposed it was a side affect of where his body had come from.
 
 
“Ona,” My husband murmured as he came into the room after having been on one of his longer trips for the state. It was late outside and I had already lain down. The children had moved on years before so the house was quiet. “I missed you.” Edward moved to kneel on the edge of the bed. He tugged his hair down, letting it fall over his shoulders.
 
I sat up, ran my fingers through his locks, and kiss his lips passionately. “What did Fuhrer Mustang want?” Ed had left in such a rush I hadn't had time to figure out why he was called to Central.
 
“He wanted to ask if I'd take another promotion instead of leaving.” Edward stood to change from his uniform. “He really doesn't want me to quit. Kept insisting I needed to stay, but we've got plenty to last us the rest of our lives.”
 
I smiled a little. It was true, we had saved enough that with just the two of us we could live comfortably for the rest of our lives. “And what did you tell him?”
 
“I told him my only commitment is to my wife.” He gave me a wicked grin, and then slid into the bed. “And I turned him down. I want you to be the only one giving me orders for the rest of my life.” He moved in closer.
 
“Well then,” I returned the smile. “I order you to stay with me forever.”
 
“Done.” He answered, sealing the deal with a kiss.
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Well… I hope everyone enjoyed it. I know… it wasn't as good as my first one “Her Knight In Shining Armor”. Oh well. Keep an eye out for my next story.