Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Paranormal Envy ❯ Move ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Alright, here's another one from me! I got really bored and couldn't think of anything, so out of boredum and stupidity, I came up with this chapter! Woo!
“Well, here we are.” My father said as we pulled up to our new home. As we got closer, I could observe the house much better. It was an old 3 story Victorian home. My father had gotten transferred to Tokyo, Japan. We bought a house on the outskirts; it seemed as if we moved to the middle of nowhere. Our house was on the top of a small hill, with trees almost completely surrounding it. To even get on the driveway you had to cross a small, rotten bridge over the creak that flowed at the bottom of the hill. He stopped the car and got out, I was next to follow. I stood with my door open staring at the house. There was an eerie feeling to it. I couldn’t explain it. I closed the door and took a couple of steps closer to the house. I felt as if something was drawing me there…

“Nii-san!” my younger brother yelled. I heard his voice but I didn’t stop walking.

“EDWARD!”

“WHAT!” I snapped back. Turning around I looked at my brother and father’s quizzical looks while my mother went to the trunk of the car to get some luggage out.

“Start getting some shit outta the car.” Was all my father said. He was a man of few words I guess… I was never really a fan of him. My mother was quiet and well spoken, when she did speak. My younger brother, Alphonse, was smart and handsome. Every said he looked like my father, but I didn’t really think so. Al had short blond-brown hair and brown eyes. My father had the same hair color and gold color eyes. I always thought my father was rather serious looking, and Al was so carefree, you have never guessed that he was only 15. I'm only one year older making me 16.

"Alright, alright." I said. I walked back over to the car and stood next to my mother, and held the things she offered me. My mother Trisha Elric was a beautiful lady. She had long brown hair which she kept in a ponytail off to the side on her shoulder, with sky blue eyes and a heart warming smile. She is such a sweet lady.

"Come on everyone, let's get in the house already!" My father, Hohenhiem, shouted. Hohenheim is a strict, business man. He ownes a large wealthy construction company. Like I said before, he's definatly a man of few words. He didn't even tell us we were moving until 2 weeks ago. He was organised, most of the time, and very out-spoken. He always said what he really thought and didn't care much if it hurt the person he was talking to. I would know, I've had a first hand expreiance. After that, my father and I never completely got over it, so we barely talk. If we do exchange words, it's through raised, angry voices. Honestly, I don't know what a kind person like my mom would ever seen in that bastard.

We walked up the steps on the porch. The house looked old and like it hadn't been lived in for a while. The blue-grey paint was chipping off, shudders and shigels were falling off, ivy was growing everywhere, and the list goes on. Hohenheim took out a key and unlocked the door. He opened the door and moved out of the way to let my mother and brother in first, then let himself in, but not before glaring at me, saying 'Don't fuck this up for your mother, boy.' He rarely called me my name, he only did whenever we were infront of our mother.

Our mother had cancer and wasn't expected to live for more than 6 years. But even with that weighing on her, she still managed to smile all the time.

I stepped into the house and almost instantly regretted it. I got the worst shiver up my spine. It was a horrible feeling. Quickly ignoring it, I took a few step into the house, dropping the stuff I had in my hands by the door. The room was huge. It must have been the living room, because there was still an antique looking couch sitting in the middle of the room with a coffee table right in front of it. Toward the far right corner of the room was a spiral staircase. I thought that was odd, but it looked alright anyways. To the left of the front door was a swinging door leading to the kitchen, and a few other door that lead to closets, a bathroom, an 'office' and the basement.

I felt a breeze and looked behind me as the door slammed shut.

"Don't slam the door, boy!" My father ordered.

"I didn't! I was the god damned wind!" I shouted back. Hohenheim glared at me. This time he accutally said the same thing his glare was saying.

"Don't swear in front of your mother!"

"Now, now. Don't fight! This is a great time for us!" My mother smiled at all of us. Alphonse gave me a look and a waved it off by rolling my eyes. "Let's go check upstairs! You'll get to see your rooms! They're wonderful!" She seemed happier about this move than anyone, but then again she had to be. Nobody but my dad wanted to move. I knew that she didn't. She grew up in Resembool, the small suburb we lived in. So I knew she was sad.

My brother and I stayed in the living room for a couple of minutes while we watched our parents climb the stair case.

"You excited, Nii-san?" I knew Al was trying to calm me down. He knew I hated my father, he was even there whenever I had my 'first hand experiance' with my father's tongue... but it was really more or less his fists doing the talking.

"Eh, not really. Moving to a new school and city isn't fun in the middle of the year. Hohenheim could have at least waited until the end of the school year. Damnit, now I have to drive us both to school." I pouted, I hated driving in the morning... I'm so not a morning person.

"But at least we go to the same school! So it's not that bad!" Al smiled at me. I smiled back because I didn't want to talk anymore. All I really wanted to do, was find my room, find an outlet, and start setting up my computer.

"Come on, Al. Let's go find our rooms."

The hallway wasn't huge, but there were a lot fo doors. Four bedrooms, and a bathroom. At the every end of the hallway there is a big window over looking the entire backyard, which was mostly trees. My room was the furthest back on the left. My younger brother's was across the hall, and my parent's bedroom was the first one on the right. My room was HUGE! There's no other way to describe how big it was.

Two windows, one facing the backyard and the other facing the left side of the house, a wooden door and a four poster bed. As I walked over to the bed I felt my stomach tighten up. I was nervous, and that confused me. I laid down on the bed. It was so comfortable and soft. I got comfortable, using my arms as a pillow behind my head, and closed my eyes. I relaxed some but quickly tensed back up when it felt like a single cold finger ran up my spine.

"What the--?" I got off the bed, and didn't even look at it again. It's just my imagiation I told myself, that didn't convince me though. I walked over to the closet and tried to open the door. It wouldn't budge. Giggeling the knob didn't help either. I gave up soon, I didn't feel like fighting with the closet. The view my window gave me wasn't anything special, it was mostly trees.

I went downstairs to get my stuff. I made a couple of trips to get all it, my computer was the last thing I brought up. And I got to work. I put clothes away in the dresser that was brought from my old house, I fixed up my computer on my desk next to the window that looked out to the backyard, and other things. I didn't eat, I didn't leave my room or talk to any one else for the rest of the night. By the time I finished up my room it was 3 in the morning. Good thing I didn't have to go to the next day.
Well, sorry, that was kinda boring wasn't it? The next chapter will be better! And then we'll get to the real point of the story! Woo! Alright. Good day!