Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Paranormal Envy ❯ Hand ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


"What the hell are you still doing here, Lust?!"

"Lust?" I asked from my postion on the bed.

Envy stood up on the bed and made a noise that sounded like a growl.

"Envy, what the hell is going on?!" I shouted. I sat up on my knees and grabbed on to the waist belt of Envy's skort. He was glarring daggers at the door. I still couldn't see what he was glaring at, or why the hell he was growling. "Calm down, please. Just tell me what's going on!" I demanded.

He growled again. "Lust is somehow still in the house . How, I'm not sure. Wow, she sure as hell waited a long fucking time to show herself, didn't you, YOU BITCH!"

"Now, now, Envy dear." A female figure appeared by my door. She had long wavy hair, pale, with a rather large bust. She was wearing an ankle length, black dress, that was low cut to show off her chest. She also wore black high heeled boots. She 'floated' a few inched off the ground, with her arms crossed under her chest. "That's no way to talk to an old friend, now is it?" She said sweetly, batting her eyelashes.

Envy struggled against my hold around his hips. "You did all this! You caused all this bull shit?! YOU HELPED HER?!" Envy shouted and struggled harder. I still hung on, I didn't want Envy to kill her just yet... I had a few questions of my own. But I was to lost in their conversation to ask anything.

She shrugged and smiled wickedly. "Caused what?" she said innocently.

"FUCK YOU!" Envy had finally ripped himself out of my grasp and lunged at the other ghost. I heard the door open and Al scream something before I heard another strange noise.

SHUNK

It seemed as if someone had pressed 'pause' on the video player.

My breath caught in my throat as I observed the scene. Lust stood on her feet with one hand outward. Al stood in the doorway with wide eyes and a hand covering his mouth. I sat on my knees, frozen on the bed. Envy... Envy hung mid air. Held up by Lust's extended nails. Nails that went completely through his body in three places. One in the stomach, one in the chest, and one in his upper arm. He coughed, blood trickled down the side of his mouth.

“You bitch! Let me down!” He moved slighted but winced when he did.

“I just thought you’d appreciate my new trick, dear.”

“Don’t call me dear!” he grabbed a hold onto the nail in his chest. His breathing was heavy. She must have hit a lung.

“Why?” She retracted her nails making the other ghost fall to the floor. “I always called you that when we were alive.”

“What are you talking about? You always called … Greed that!” He said in the loudest voice he could muster. Blood was pouring out of the holes in his body onto the floor.

“Oh yeah… Him. Heh, did always call him dear. That’s not what I called him in bed…”

“Shut up! SHUT UP!” Envy covered his ears, Al blushed, and I sat on the bed, finally realizing how weak Envy was becoming, and how much blood was lying in a pool around him. “I don’t want to know what you and Greed did.”

“Why do you keep calling us by our sins? We have real names you know.”

“Oh yeah? Then tell me yours.” He sat bitterly.

“My name is…” She choked off mid sentence. She looked down at Envy who had blood pouring from his mouth, onto the floor. With a disgusted looked, she looked back up at the ceiling to think. “Its… umm. Why the hell can't I remember?!" I saw her take in a sharp breath before she looked back down at the weakening Envy.

"Oh yeah... I fogot to tell you. If you die in that form, you become mortal."

"WHAT?! WHY?!"

"Thank your mother for that!" She winked at him and when walking past Al, grabbed him arm and dragged him with her. I sat on the bed, breathless. Regaining some senses after a couple of seconds I finally had realized what was going on.

"ENVY!"

"That bitch." he said before passing out.

(x)(X)(x)

I had quickly dressed Envy's wounds and laid him on my bed. For a ghost, he sure was heavy. I left him on my bed as I walked over to Al's room. Not bothering to knock, I opened the door to see only Lust.

"Where's Al?"

She was sitting on Al's bed with a hand out in front of her. It looked like she was examining her nails. "Huh?" She asked, turning her head towards me, but her eyes stayed glued to her hand.

"Where's my brother?"

"I don't know, I think he went downstairs." She said, finally looking at me with her peircing magenta eyes.

"Okay. Now tell me why you did that to Envy! Is he really going to be alright? I mean, become like me? A mortal? WHY'D YOU DO IT?!"

"STOP YELLING AT ME!" She shouted, standing up. She looked furious, and confused. "Listen, kid. I didn't do because I wanted to, and plus, aren't you happy that I did this for you? Isn't this what you've been wanting?" I blushed.

"That's not the point. You still haven't answered why you did it!"

"I can't tell you that. So drop it. And yes, he will become just like you." the female ghost said in a snobby tone. "His remains are still in the closet, right? So he'll be awake in no time."

There was a pause.

"So how do you do that?... With your nails, I mean?" I nodded at her nails. She looked down at her hand then brought it up in front of her face. The same shunk noise came as her nails grew about a foot.

"Don't ask to many questions, boy." I shuddered. "I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. But what I would worry about is Envy. Maybe you should be with him in case if he comes around tonight." She turned away from me and headed towards the attic door.

"Wait! Wait.. Lust?" I said almost reaching out for her. "I have another question."

She stopped and turned around, and looked down at me. "What?"

"How come you're still here? And why didn't Envy know you were here until just now?"

She smiled sadly and turned back around. "That was two questions dear." Then she disappeared.

I sighed and shook my head before heading back to my room to be greeted with the sour smell of vomit. Quickly, I covered my mouth and nose with my sleeve and closed my door. Envy was laying on the bed breathing heavily, a hand over his eyes and the other on his stomach. A puddle of vomit lay on the floor.

"Envy?" my voice muffled through my sleeve.

"What, Chibi-san?"

I dropped my hand and smiled. I had never been so happy to be called 'chibi'. "Are you okay?" I asked.

He didn't move much, he only moved his hand off of his eyes. "No."

"Okay, now that --."

"Check the...." He breathed in a couple of times. "The... closet."

"Why?"

"JUST DO IT!" He shouted. I jumped at the sudden volume of his voice.

"Alright, alright. Geez, don't hurt yourself." I walked over to the bed, making sure not to step in the pool of vomit. I watched and choked back a laugh as Envy just rolled himself over to the other side of the bed and rolled off with a thud (just picture that, it's hilarious x.x). I knew that that moment was not the time to laugh. I lifted up the mattress and grabbed the key. As soon as I put the mattress back down, Envy was on the bed again.

"And if you feel like you are going to be sick again, please don't do it on my floor." I said before turning around and walking to the closet door. I put the key in the hole and turned. Opening the closet, I knelt down and pulled up the floor and the 'trap door'. He had a very good reason for checking the closet.

"Your remains... they aren't in here anymore."

(x)(X)(x)

"I can't believe you guys talked me into this... I can't fucking BELIEVE it!!"

"Neither can I." I said as I grabbed his arm and dragged him into the school. That's right, we were at the school. My mother told him that if was going to be staying with us that he had to come to school with me. I had told my parents that he was a friend of mine from school but he got kicked out of his parents house after his mother died and his father ran off. So the landlord kicked him out for not being able to keep up with rent and had already dropped out of school to work. Of course, my mother felt bad and welcomed him into the house, but my father was another story. Envy and I stayed out of it, Al and my mother took care of him. Speaking of my mother, at that time, she was feeling much better and was starting to get up and move around the house more. But she still was pretty weak and had to stay in bed most of the day.

There were lots of questions about his name. I mean, A LOT. We just told them his parents were....er... a little on the weird side.

So I had dragged him to school with me a week later. We still had 3 months of school left and Envy Hiwatari was now attending.

So, with him wearing some of my clothes, we went in and went straight to the principles office. I made sure that Envy and I had the same schedule. I couldn't every well have a guy from the 17th centruy walking around alone in my school.

===++===++==+++=++==+=====+=+=+==+=d0=b-r9 (spaz)

Japanese was... terrible.

Since that insident with Roy, things were a little awkward... for me at least.

Roy was all over me in that class. He would write things on my paper, try to hold my hand, try to lay his head on my shoulder. And the entire time I could hear Envy growling in the back of the room.


Thankfully though, Envy didn't do anything to rash. He just punched Roy in the stomach pretty hard after class. Which got Roy to leave me alone.

This was going to be a long day.

~*~*~*~*~*~~~~~****~~~*~**~**~***~~~~~~*****~*~**~****~*~**~< br>

When we got home, Lust was the first to greet us.

"Welcome home you two!" She greeted.

"Hello, Lust." I said half-heartedly.

"Good afternoon, Lust-san." Al greeted back.

"Fuck off."

Envy pulled off his shoes and went straight upstairs. Lust pouted.

"Is he always like that?" she asked, looking down at me from where she floated in the air. Al walked past me and walked into the kitchen.

"I should be asking you that, you've known him longer. Plus, he's just had a bad day." I said, taking off my own shoes and heading towards the kitchen. Lust followed after me.

"So you really did take him to school, huh?" I walked through the door of the kitchen to see my mother and Al making dinner. Al noticed that Lust went through the wall and gave her a look that told her to stop all conversation. She rolled her eyes and laid down as she floated through the air.

"Hi Oka-san." I said, stepping up next to her at the stove.

"Welcome back hunny. Where's Envy-chan?" she asked, looking around the room.

"Upstairs." I answered before trying to pick at whatever she was making. Which only got me a smack on the hand from a wooden spoon.

"Bad day?" she asked with a laugh.

"Worse than you would think. I'm surprised that no ones dead." I laughed, only not to frighten my mom. But I honestly was surprised that Roy came out of the day with just a punch to the stomach and a black eye (Envy got him after lunch).

"Well, he'll get used to it. Dinner will be ready soon." She said, smiling at me.

"Alright. I'm going to go check on Envy."

I snuck out of the kitchen without Lust noticing. She could get annoying. I guessed she just missed talking to people, being hidden for so long. But I still had to wonder...

Why would she show up, then 'kill' Envy?

Was she following orders?

Was she doing it out of spite?

I wasn't sure, and she wouldn't answer my questions. Oh well, she'll come around and tell me sooner or later.

When I got upstairs, I went into my room and the first things I see is Envy punch the wall. I walked into the room and closed the door, leaning against it, I watched as he slammed his fist into the wall again, then slid to the floor with his hand still in contact with the wall.

"Feel better?"

"No. Now my hand hurts." I saw him bring his bleeding hand into his other. I pushed myself off the door and knelt down next to Envy, placing my head on his shoulder, and a hand over his.

"Well no shit. You just hit it off the wall pretty hard."

"I'm not used to this."

"Well, you'll get used to it. It has been... what how many years?"

"400." He paused for a moment. "I hate this. I don't want to go to school. Your school is so confusing. I was just barely taught how to read and write. I don't any anything about your modern things. I'm not sure." We sat like that for a moment before I said something.

"You'll get used to it. You're you. You just need to control your temper... but you can do that as many times as you like to Roy. I don't know what's gotten into him lately. But I'm glad you're there. Wow, I feel like a chick."

Envy laughed. "Why'd you say that?"

"Because I feel like I need my big bad boyfriend there to protect me." I laughed at how stupid I sounded.

"Wait I'm yo--"

"DINNERS READY!" We heard Al shout from the bottom of the steps. I stood up and offered a hand to Envy, who took it.

"That's another thing I'm not used to yet... is eating."

I laughed at him as we walked down the hall hand in hand.