Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Paranormal Envy ❯ Smile ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]



"Nii-san... there's someone else in the house."


His expression was frighten, which he quickly tried to covered up with a nervous laugh. I frowed my eyebrows.

"It's nothing, Nii-san!" he reasured me with a smile.

"No, Al. It's not." I said firmly, not changing my expression.

"Really. I think it's just Envy playing tricks on me!"

"Then why didn't you just say that in the first place, huh, Al?"

I looked to the side of Al's face, my grip still on his upper arm, and found Roy who was staring at me with great interest. I saw him wink at me before I diverted my gaze back to Al.

"Are you going to tell me?"

"Listen, Nii-san. I don't want to talk about it right now. Come on, we threw this party for you, and you should enjoy it." He said, looking at the ground the entire time.

"Avoiding this will only make it worse. Why can't you just tell me what you mean?"

"I already told you. Just don't worry about it." He ripped his arm out of my grip. "Just, enjoy the party, and whatever." He said, walking away. I was left standing there in confusion. I didn't want this party in the first place. Now I was angry, shocked, and annoyed. But Al was right, they did go through all the trouble of doing this for me. So I put on my 'happy mask' and walked into the living room where most of the people were talking. I walked up and stood next to Roy who was talking to Jean Havoc at the time.

Suddenly I had something really heavy on me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EDO!!!" Jean shouted. He reeked.

"Jean? ...Have you been drinking?" I asked, bewildered.

"NEVA!" He shouted again.

"I'll take that as a yes. Roy," I looked up at Roy then nodded at Havoc. "Why is he drunk at 7 at night?" I laughed after Havoc tried to make some sort of excuse but was cut off after a really loud burp came from him. Havoc went into a laughing fit.

"He probably got dumped again." Roy laughed too.

"Oh. Does this happen often?" I looked over at the, now, sick looking figure leaning against me. Roy nodded.

"Yeah, about every 2 or 3 weeks."

"Oh."

Havoc all of the sudden stopped laughing and started to look like he was going to be sick. I heard him take a large gulp.

"Uh oh... Jean."

"Yeah. I'm gonna be sick..." He stood upright and began to stummble away, holding his stomache.

"DON'T YOU DARE THROW UP IN MY ROOM AGAIN, YOU BASTARD!" Roy shouted after Jean.

That took me a minute to register. "Wait... This is your house?" He looked at me with 'DUH' written all over his face.

"Well yeah. Where else were we gonna have it?" I looked around the room. The room wasn't large, but it was still pretty big. A couch, a love seat, a large screen TV where some kids where playing PS2, a coffee table, and another large table just fitted in there to have the snacks on.

"I guess you're right."

There was a long pause where we just stood there next to each other. Not looking at each other, not talking. The silence between us was becoming awkward. So I decided to break it.

"I've got a question."

"Yeah?" Roy said, looking down at me with interest again.

"If I hadn't sent that text message saying I was going, what would you have done?"

Roy smirked. "I would have came to your house anyways and picked you up. Literally." I gave him a pouting look.

"Quit calling me small!!!" I demanded. He laughed and ruffled my hair. "I'm not a little kid, either. So quit doing that, too!" I said fligging my arms around to get his away. He stopped but his smile grew wider.

"I guess so. Maybe I should this instead." He moved so he was standing beside me, not infront of me, and grabbed me by the waist and held me close to him.

"R-Roy?!" He tightened his grip on my waist and held me closer to him so I wouldn't struggle or get away, I guess. I pushed, with my hands, against his upper body, trying to get away. "Roy, let me go." I said firmly.

"Why?" he asked, looking down to meet my glare. "I thought you liked guys?" he asked in a mocking tone. I didn't catch the tone. I stopped pushing and looked up at him.

"Ho-how'd you know?!" I had a huge blush covering my entire face. He laughed what sounded like a 'victory' laugh.

"I do now!" He let his grip on me loosen, but didn't let go completely. I looked down at the floor, mortified. I was hoping that I could have gotten away with this school year without being called a 'fag' (other than by Hoho- Papa) by anyone or getting beat on. I was worried about Roy knowing. I wasn't sure if he was going to keep it a secret, or tell some people, or start beating on me like most of my old friends did when they found out.

Without thinking to clearly, I pushed Roy away from me, hard, and walked out of the room and down the hall. I found an empty room. It looked like his parents bedroom. I closed and locked the door behind me. Sitting down on the bed, I realized how stupid I must look. But I was pissed off at him even saying that. If he really wanted to know, he could have just asked me. I might have lied and said no, but still. In front of a bunch of friends, him grabbing at me like that then laughing at me, didn't help him in any way. It just really pissed me off.

"Ed?" I heard Roy's voice through the door. He knocked. "Edo?"

I didn't answer. Maybe if I don't say anything he'll go away.

"Ed, I know you're in there. Let me in!"

No answer.

"Fine then. Just listen to me. I wasn't making fun of you. I promise. I didn't mean to offend you in any way. I really didn't. I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to."

I stood up and walked over to the door and unlocked it. I opened it up for him. He smiled that the door was open but it went away when he saw me glaring at him.

"No, I don't want you to tell anyone. Got it?" I was more pissed off now, and I didn't understand why just yet. "And I want to go home. Are you going to take me? Or do I have to find a cab?"

He stared at me in amazment.

"FINE!" I shouted. I pushed him out of the way and walked towards the front door.

"Ed! Ed! Wait!"

I felt everyones stares on me as I stormed through the house. I went straight to the front door and slipped on my shoes. I was half way out the door when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see an apologetic looking Roy.

"I'll take you home."

I walked down the steps of his house and waited by his car. He slowly walked down the steps and the side walk. He unlocked the car and got it, I followed suit. I suddendly wanted to feel really bad about making Roy take me home, but I was to angry to feel anything else.

Most of the trip was quiet, until Roy turned on the radio half way there.

When we reached my drive way, my anger subsided and I began to feel terrible. Roy didn't look at me, but I could still see the sad look on his face.

"Listen, Roy." I looked down at my hand that was in my lap. "I-" I was cut off when my face was lightly gripped by my chin and pulled upward.

Something warm and moist was on my lips.

My eyes shot straight open when I realized Roy was kissing me.

I reached my hands up and grabbed onto his shoulders. At first, his lips against mine was nice, it almost felt right. Then I remembered, that I didn't like Roy that way. That I already I had that I liked. I pushed on Roy's shoulders, and moved my head to the side.

"Ed, I li-"

"NO! SHUT UP!" I shouted bfore jumping out the car. I didn't even bother to close the door. I ran straight into the house. I took off my shoes, and saw Hohenheim sitting on the couch, reading the paper. I knew he was going to say something to me, so I quickly ran past him and up the steps, taking 2 at a time. I stopped at my mothers room to tell her I was home, but she was asleep, so I went straight to my room.

I walked into my room and closed my door to find -

"ENVY!"

Envy was lying on my bed, completely still, on his side, facing the door. He looked paler than usual and his eyes. His eyes were blank. There was only the slightest hint of the normal purple color that was there. I ran over to the bed and knelt down so we were face to face.

I pushed the hair out of his face and put behind his ear. "Envy... can you hear me? Please say something to me." My heart was pounding. I could feel the burning tears in my eyes.

"Envy, listen to me. There's something I need to tell you. It's really important. Please wake up." I ran my fingers along the side of his face, while fighting back tears. Now was not the time for me to be crying. He blinked. Somehow, that little blink calmed me down greatly.

"You there? You awake?" I ran a hand down his arm. He also seemed colder than usual. He blinked a few more times but his face remand blank. "Envy?" He blinked one last time, before keeping them closed. I held my breath. I shook him, not able to find my voice to yell at him.

Finally, he opened his eyes. I let my breath go.

"Fucking... Don't scare me like that Envy!!" I shifted my postion on the floor so I was now sitting on my legs. Envy gave me a confused look.

"Why do you mean?" He sat up, and crossed his legs indian style, and looked down on me.

Now even I had a confused expression. "I just came in like 5 minutes ago and you were just lying there. Blank." I shuddered.

"Blank?"

"Yeah. You were just... lying there. And you looked paler than normal, you still haven't regained your colour. And your eyes." I shuddered visibly this time. "They were practically blank... I could only see the slightest bit of purple.."

"My eyes are purple?!" He said, suddenly getting really happy. A small smile crept onto my face. Seeing him so happy just made me feel a lot better, even though all the events that happened that night were still hitting me pretty hard.

"Yeah, did you really not know?"

He shook his head. "No, I can't see myself in the mirror."

"You can't?!?"

He shook his head again. "Nope."

"Oh... okay."

I paused. There was something I needed to tell him.

Oh yeah!

I was very serious randomly. "Envy! There's something I gotta tell you!"

He seemed a little shocked at my sudden mood swing. "Um, okay?"

"There's some-"

"DON'T!"

I turned around on my spot on the floor to see a very out-of-breath and pissed off looking Al. He had thrown open my door and was now standing half way into my room with one hand on the door knob and one balled up in a fist.

"Why not, Al?" I shouted, standing up. "He should know, if he doesn't already!"

"Know what? What are you talking about chibi-san?" Envy chimmed in behind me.

"NOTHING!" Al shouted at Envy.

"Al! Come on this is ridiculous!" I turned around to face Envy. "Envy, Al says there's some-" I couldn't say anything else. Al had clamped a hand over my mouth. Al was tugging on me to get me to walk out of the room with him.

"Envy! Don't follow! I'll know if you do, so just don't!" Al yelled at him. I still couldn't say anything. Al's grip was getting tighter and tighter, I could feel his nails starting to dig into my cheek. He lead me into his room, he still didn't let go of me.

"Listen, Nii-san. You can't tell Envy. It doesn't have anything to do with him." I narrowed my eyes at my younger brother. I gripped Al's wrist and pulled it off my mouth.

"It has everything to do with him! If it's someone it doesn't have to do with it should be me! He's lived here longer than us, he should know if he doesn't already." I shook my head. "No, I'm telling him that there's someone--" Al slapped his hand back over my mouth. His eyes were once again wide with fear.

"Don't say it in here." He said through gritted teeth. He didn't seem angry anymore, just frightened. He shivered and slowly let his hand slid off my face.

"Al?" I tried to move closer to him but he back away.

"Get out."

"What?"

"GET OUT!" He shouted at me. I glared at him, even though his eyes were still wide. I was worried about him. There was something completely different about him. He'd changed somehow. I didn't say anything back, I just walked over to the door and opened it. Making sure to slam the door after I'd walked out. I leaned against his door for a minute before going back into my room. Envy was still sitting the same way when I left. I walked over to the bed and fell face first into the comforter. I felt Envy move so that he was lying on his side next to me, his hand rubbing my back.

I turned my head to the side so I was facing Envy. "There's someone else in the house." Envy stopped his movements on my back.

"What?"

"Al says there's someone else in the house and he didn't want me to tell you this because he thinks it has nothing to do with you." I said, flatly, I was to tired and angry to put any emotion into my voice. Envy sat up. I could tell from the look on his face that he wa searching for something. An answer of some sort.

"Did he say anything else?"

"Huh?" I sat up on my elbows and craned my neck to look at Envy sitting on the edge of the bed. As he searched my face for the answer I didn't have, he froze. Any colour that he had gotten after 'waking up', was gone in an instant.


"En-"

"Shh!!" He put a hand up to shush me. I was quiet, trying to find out what he was doing. He was looking up at the ceiling while concentrating really hard. "Remember... It was my idea. You should be grateful to me. Right... Envy." He said outloud. He frowed his brows and looked at me. He seemed to search my face for another answer.

"Envy! What are you doing? What was that?!" I shouted.

He looked around the room one last time before his eyes landed on my door.

"What are you still doing here, Lust?!"