Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Sunshine Dreams ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4:

Roy woke up to a pleasant warmth, in a comfortable bed that was neither his nor the couch he'd fallen asleep on. He rolled over and opened his eyes. The quiet dawn light lit the ceiling, which, he realized, was not the one he'd fallen asleep to. It took him a moment to remember that at some point he'd woken up and relocated himself and Edward to the bedroom. And Edward. Where was he anyway? Roy briefly had the thought to wonder why he wasn't scared. Normally when a new love left the bed before they both awoke, it meant they didn't want a relationship. But Edward wasn't normal, and that, he concluded, was why he wasn't quietly freaking out. He tossed aside the warm covers and swung his feet to the floor, shivering. Padding to the door, he peaked outside, noticing the light in the kitchen and the smell bacon. The sight that greeted him as he entered the kitchen was pleasant, to say the least. Ed stood over a steaming pan, a plate of bacon beside him and toast in the toaster. He wore only his leather pants, and his hair was up in a high pony-tail instead of its usual braid. A smile came unbidden to his lips as he snuck around the table and slipped his arms around the other man's waist, snuggling his nose into his neck. Ed welcomed the contact, tilting his head to the side and closing his eyes.
"Good morning," Roy said, smiling through the fall of the Ed's hair.
"Morning," Ed purred, flipping the bacon. "Did I wake you up?"
"No." He trailed his fingers over some of Ed's less prominent scars.
Ed snorted back some laughter, pulling away to put the toast on a plate and carry it and the bacon to the table.
"If you don't eat now you'll be late. Besides, you're grumpy when you're not fed."
Roy blinked at him and briefly wondered when he'd noticed that, but shook it off and said, "I'm always late." He grabbed a plate from an open cabinet as Ed grabbed jelly and butter and a knife.They sat silently for a moment, Ed with the newspaper and Roy with his thoughts, until he cleared his throat.
Ed looked up expectantly.
Roy stalled, suddenly unsure if it was a good idea to mention this. "About last night . . ." he started.
Ed blushed and looked down, hiding behind his bangs. "What about it?" he asked, defensive.
"I'm not going to tell you it was a mistake, if that's what you're worried about. I was going to thank you for not kicking me out."
"Oh." His blush grew deeper. "Then . . . you don't think it was wrong?"
Roy frowned lightly. "No, I don't. Do you? Because if you do, I can leave."
"No!" Ed said, voice a bit too loud, suddenly panicked. He jumped up and came around the table, standing there awkwardly for a moment before continuing. "Please don't leave. I-" He struggled with himself for a moment, at odds with what he was about to say. "I slept well last night. Better than I have in a long time. And you piss me off beyond belief, but . . . "
Roy smiled and pulled the younger man over to sit on his lap.
"I know," he whispered. "Me too."
Ed "mmm"d quietly and smiled into Roy's neck. They'd hardly been sitting there for a minute before Ed's alarm went off and he grinned.
"And now you're late."

Good? Bad? Thoughts and flames are more than welcome, but thoughtless flames will be used to keep warm in the winter.

I disclaim all characters, the anime and manga, and so on so forth.
Converting /tmp/phpSuosj5 to /dev/stdout