Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Not Meant to Live ❯ ~New Students~ ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(A/N: Just a little idea I had. It may seem to be a cute and genki reincarnation fic at first, but it'll get really serious and really dramatic later on. And also, you will probably notice that there are certain characters who are being reincarnated, and who have never died. That is not a screw up, it WILL be explained.)
(Disclaimer: Fushigi Yuugi belongs to Watase-sama, not to me. I'm making no profit off this fic, so don't sue. However, Sunrise High and it's uniform DO belong, and are copyrighted, to me, so no stealing it!)
Not Meant to Live (part 1)
~New Students~
by: AniDragon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Ryuuen!"
Nuriko, of the Suzaku seishi, gasped in shock when he heard the voice. The kawaii feminine voice that sounded much like his own, yet so different at the same time. Because this voice had been silenced many years ago, and thus it was impossible for him to be hearing it.
But then again, it was also impossible for him to be floating in a crimson mist in the middle of nowhere. So this must have been a dream. Right?
"Kourin!" He called, because that's who it was; he knew, "Where are you?"
The voice of his sister giggled, "Silly! I'm right here in front of you!"
And with this, she began to materialize in front of him. The first he saw was just a white light, taking a female form, then it took shape, her long purple hair flowing behind her. A red skirt and a pale yellow sailor style blouse with an orange collar probably would have reminded him of a certain genki priestess had the situation been different, but all that was ignored, and he simply embraced the one he missed so much.
"Imotou! How? You... You're dead aren't you?"
She pulled away from him and smiled, cocking her head sideways slightly, "Maybe, but so are you! So that means that now, we can always be around each other! Just like old times!"
Nuriko gasped for the second time when he realized that Kourin was right. He had died. He clutched his chest where Ashitare's claws had penetrated and his hand came away wet with his own blood. He looked at Kourin once again and saw....
...And saw blood trickling from the corner of her moulth. To his horror, small cuts and scrapes began appearing on her face, arms, and legs. The yellow of her blouse became as red as her skirt from the gash on her stomach, and another gash opened up near her throat. She collapsed onto the ground and he quickly knelt by her side, ignoring the searing pain in his chest.
"Kourin!!!"
She smiled weakly at him, "Gomen nasai, 'niichan. I was careless, wasn't I? I should have been more careful, but I had such great news to tell you, and I wasn't thinking straight enough to watch where I was going. But I'm glad that now, finally, I get to say good bye, 'niicha--"
But she couldn't finish the word. Her eyes closed, and Nuriko heard her voice coming from everywhere at once, yet from no where. Repeating that one word:
"Niichan...... Niichan...... Niichan...."
"NIICHAN!!!!! Wake up! You're going to make us late for school!!!!!"
Nuriko... no... Chou, Ryuuen sat up in bed and glanced at the source of the voice. His sixteen year old sister Kourin was standing next to his bed, already in her school uniform, with a cute pout on her face.
"K... Kourin?"
"Who else would bother waking you up? I should have just let you sleep in and be late."
"But... That dream...."
Kourin raised an eyebrow, "Dream?"
Ryuuen searched his memory, "I had the strangest dream but... I can't remember it."
Kourin was silent, a thoughtful look on her face. Then, she saw the clock and panicked, "Ack! Who cares about the stupid dream! The bus gets here in ten minutes! Hurry up and get your uniform on!" She shouted, pulling his blankets off of him, but wasn't prepared for the sight that awaited her. Ryuuen's pajamas, that were quite a bit too loose, had slid down to his knees while he was tossing and turning, giving his imotou a clear view of... well... what was under.
"AAAAAHHH!!!!! Hentai!!!!! I didn't mean to get THAT up!"
"I can't help it! It's morning!"
"Well.... Can't you find a way to tighten your pajamas or something?! I really really don't want to see that!"
"Then get out of my room!"
Kourin obeyed him quickly, shutting the door behind her. Ryuuen sighed in frustration. He really did need to find a way to stop his pajamas from doing that. It was starting to be a real pain. He got up and walked over to his closet and pulled out his uniform, putting it on as fast as he could in his half asleep state. He really hated that uniform, it was really ugly. Actually, he had to admit that the girls had it worst, with the yellow blouses, bright orange collars and red skirts. The guys had an off white blouse and an orange tie, and deep red pants and vest crested with the school's logo on the breast pocket. Sunrise High. It was actually both his AND Kourin's second choice, but they had just missed getting into Yotsubodai, so they were stuck there. He had to admit that it was a really great school. He just couldn't stand the uniform.
He told Kourin that it was safe to come in as he pulled his vest on, then quickly ran a brush through his messy hair. Kourin peeked in through the crack in the door, then entered completely once she saw that it was indeed safe.
"Hurry up, we've just got three minutes left."
He winked at her, "Plenty of time!"
Kourin blinked, then yelled as Ryuuen picked her up and dashed out of the house, only stopping long enough for Kourin to grab their bags. They made it to the bus stop just as the bus rounded the corner.
Kourin let out a deep breath once Ryuuen put her down, "Don't do that without warning me first!!!"
Ryuuen smiled, "Hey! If I had taken the time to warn you, we wouldn't have made it in time!"
"Hmph!"
The bus came to a stop in front of them, and they climbed on; Kourin pouting, and Ryuuen grinning. The bus driver rolled his eyes, having seen the duo in similar conflicts enough times to allow himself to ignore them.
They sat in their usual seat in the back. Kourin suddenly seemed to remember something, and she smiled, forgetting the argument, "Oh yeah! I almost forgot! There's a new guy in my homeroom and History class! He doesn't seem to have many friends yet, so I told him that he could sit with us at noon. Is that okay?"
Ryuuen shrugged, "Sure, but I can't guaranty that our insanity won't scare him away."
Kourin glared at him, "Hey! Promise me that you'll behave!"
He sighed, "Fine, I'll be good. Why are you so worried about making a good impression on this guy?"
Kourin blushed, "Well... It's just that he's really cute."
"Ahh! I see now!" Ryuuen teased.
She blushed brighter and hit him on the arm, but just then the bus stopped once again, and a new group of students got on. Ryuuen brightened up at the sight of his boyfriend Kou, Shun'u, more commonly known as Genrou, and motioned him to come sit with them.
Genrou smiled and took his spot on the now cramped seat. He put his arm around Ryuuen's shoulder, "Hey guys, what's up?"
"Not much," Ryuuen admitted, leaning his head on Genrou's shoulder, "'Cept Kourin has a crush."
"It's not a crush! I just think he's really cute and seems really nice!"
"That's called a crush, Kourin."
"Hmph!"
Genrou laughed, "Aw, come on, Ryu-koi! Stop teasing her. She's aloud to have a crush."
"I told you, it's not a crush!"
"Uh-huh. Sure, I believe you," Ryuuen said in a way that said that he didn't believe her at all.
"You're mean, 'niichan."
**********Homeroom**********
"Cheui-kun!" Kourin called as she saw the green haired boy, "Over here!"
Sou, Cheui smiled when he spotted the genki girl, "Konichiwa, Chou-san!"
He had met her just yesterday, on his first day. She sat next to him in homeroom, and had automatically offered if he wanted to sit with them at lunch. He'd accepted, of course, not wanting to pass up the chance to see her more often, although he hadn't been able to make it to lunch the day before because of a problem with his courses. He'd seen her later in the day in his History class-- with the same psycho teacher-- which just made him even happier. There was just something about her that made him feel happy whenever she was around.
She giggled, "Please, call me Kourin. Chou-san sounds too formal."
"All right then, Kourin-chan."
This got a smile from her, "See? Doesn't that sound much better?"
Cheui blushed, "Yeah, I guess it does! So, um, where are you heading?"
Kourin gave him an odd look, "Um... Homeroom. Which is where you should be heading, too."
He mentally slapped himself at that. He had forgotten that the bell had rung, "Oh yeah! Heh heh. Homeroom. That's a nice place to go when the... homeroom bell.... rings...."
She threw him another odd look before laughing, "Yeah, I guess it would be."
"So, um, where's your homeroom?"
"The same place as yours."
"....Oh.... right.... I forgot.... So, which sector was it in again? This school's so big, and I keep mixing it up with the rest of my classes."
Kourin smiled, then pointed to the classroom next to them.
I am such an idiot, He scolded himself.
His thoughts must have been showing on his face, because Kourin laughed and shook her head, making him notice her long purple hair, though not for the first time. God, she was beautiful when she laughed. He mentally slapped himself again, then followed her into class. They both sat down, and he took out the math homework he had forgotten to finish.
Just then, the second bell rang, and the teacher-- Mrs. Houki Seishuku-- stood up from her desk and smiled, "Good morning class!"
Silence.
"I said, Good morning."
The students muttered a quick hello, and Houki frowned, then sat down on top of an empty desk in the front of the class, putting her feet on the chair.
"My, you all seem to be down this morning. And me who had such nice news. Oh, well, I guess I'll just tell you anyway! My little Boushin just took his first steps today! I'm so proud of him! He's so smart!"
A couple of the students said their congratulations, while the rest tried to get to work. Houki sighed, "You guys sure are sunny today!"
"It's morning, Seishuku-sensei! We're still half asleep," one of the girls who sat in the front, Haku Kaen, said with a voice that proved her point.
"Well, you could at least act happy! It gives a much better atmosphere, don't you think?"
She shrugged, "The only atmosphere I like is when my Nakie-poo's around."
"That's very nice, Ms. Haku, but please keep your private life out of class."
Kaen raised an eyebrow, "Me? You're the one who's always talking about 'Boushin this' and 'Boushin that'!"
"That's 'cause I'm the teacher."
Cheui finally leaned over to Kourin, "Is the teacher always like this?"
Kourin nodded, "Yep. She's even worst in the afternoon."
Cheui sighed, "Yeah, I noticed that yesterday."
"Actually, she wasn't as hyper as usual yesterday."
"Oh, great."
**********1rst period: Chemistry**********
Kourin sat down in the front of the class and took out her books. One of her friends sat down next to her a few seconds later. She turned to him and smiled, "I win again!"
He pouted up at her, "That's 'cause your homeroom's closer!"
Ou, Doukun was supposed to be in 9th grade, but since he was always ahead of everyone, he ended up in Kourin's 11th grade Chemistry class. They had a race every morning to see who would get to class first, and Kourin always won.
She opened her moulth to defend herself, but then the teacher walked in, so she shut up.
Ri, Houjun was the Chemistry teacher. He always seemed to have a smile on his face, and was voted as the best teacher the year before.
"Konichiwa minna no da!" He greeted once the bell rang, "How's everyone today?"
There was a chorus of "Good"s, then he took out the presence sheet. He frowned, then sighed.
"Three, two, one..."
"Sorry I'm late!!!!" Genrou shouted as he arrived in class.
"Hi there, Genrou. What's your excuse this time no da?"
Genrou blushed and took the only seat available-- in front of the class, next to Kourin, "Same as always."
Houjun nodded, "You were making out with Ryuuen and didn't hear the bell ring?"
"That would be it."
"And you've used that excuse how many times now this year?"
"A couple dozen."
"Ah. And of course you realize that if you continue being late like that you'll be suspended, and thus have to repeat this class again no da?"
Genrou sighed in defeat, "Yeah, I know."
"Ok then. Now that that's cleared up, let's start class no da."
Kourin giggled, and Genrou glared at her, "What are you laughing at?"
"You know, if you cut out your make out time with my Oniichan by just five seconds, you'd make it to class on time."
"Yeah. But those last five seconds are the best ones! And besides, who says we're just making out?"
Kourin blinked, "Can you really do that that fast?"
"Not really. That's why I'm late."
"I'm sorry I asked."
Genrou grinned a sarcastic smirk, "Damn, and me who wanted to give you all the details!"
Kourin turned red, "I truly do not want to know!"
Houjun popped up suddenly in between the two, "And neither does the class, mister Kou, now if you'll please head over to the detention room and allow miss Chou to pay attention to my class no da?"
"Che! Fine then! Maybe I'll stop by the lab on my way--"
"NO!" Shouted half the class, remembering that the reason Genrou was repeating this class was due to the fact that he had "accidentally" dropped a flare in a flammable substance, resulting in a huge explosion that hospitalized half the class.
"Alright! Jeez! I was jus' kiddin'!" Genrou defended himself, then got up and left the class.
Houjun sighed, "Why did the director have to stick him in my class again, no da?" He asked himself.
Doukun laughed, "Bad luck?"
"No shit no da."
**********Skipping Second course (Math), going straight to Lunch**********
"I hate my math teacher," Kourin whined.
Ryuuen raised an eyebrow, "Why?"
"She gives too much homework!"
"Well, you're a math wizz," Bu, Shunkaku pointed out, "So I'm sure you can take whatever Shoka-sensei throws at you."
Kourin glared at him, "Yeah, but then I have to help you out with it, and that can take a while considering you don't understand a thing!"
"Hey! I'm getting better!"
"Okay then," She said with grin, then quickly drew a simple figure on a piece of spare loose leaf, added a couple of measures, then handed him the page, "Solve this problem."
Shunkaku glanced at the problem, then looked at Kourin as if she was crazy, "I hate you, you know that?"
Bu, Koutoku looked over his brother's shoulder at the problem and raised an eyebrow, "You can't solve that? It's easy!"
"Oh, shut up."
Just then, Kourin spotted the Cheui, making her even more genki then usual, "Cheui-kun! Over here!"
Cheui smiled at her, and she then noticed a little girl, probably around the same age as Doukun, standing next to him. They walked over to the table.
"Konichiwa, Kourin-chan! Um, I hope you don't mind if my sister sits with us. She doesn't have many friends yet either, so..."
"That's fine!" Kourin assured him, then looked over to the girl, "Welcome to the group! I'm Kourin."
"I'm Yuiren," She answered shyly. She then glanced over to the group and she smiled when she spotted a familiar pink haired boy, "Doukun!"
"Huh?" The young genius asked, looking up from his homework, "Oh! Hi Yuiren!"
Kourin looked back and fourth between the two thirteen year olds, then grinned mischievously, "Sooooo! Doukun, you never told me you had a girlfriend!"
Doukun blushed brightly, "What? I... Iie! She's not my girlfriend! We're just in the same homeroom! That's all!"
"Suuuuuure!"
"Imouto! Stop teasing Doukun," Ryuuen scolded.
A pensive look crossed her face, then she nodded, "You're right. After all, I'm sure their both way too young to go as far as you and Genrou do."
Ryuuen's face turned crimson, "Wha.... What makes you think we went that far?!"
"The fact that your always hanging all over him and putting your hand where it shouldn't be when you think no one's looking. Plus, Genrou told me."
Ryuuen's blush got deeper, but then he suddenly frowned and looked at Genrou, "Why did you tell her how far we went?"
"Well, the topic came up, and..."
"WHY did THAT topic come up while you were talking with my SISTER?"
"I honestly have no idea. I was just trying to embarrass her, since she always makes me look like an idiot in Chem. class."
Ryuuen rolled his eyes, then leaned his head on the other boy's shoulder, "You look like an idiot anyway, hun. Don't take it out on Kourin. But I'm curious. Exactly what did you tell her?"
Now it was Genrou's turn to blush. He quickly whispered his earlier conversation with Kourin into Ryuuen's ear, and the violet haired boy's eyes widened in shock and he hit Genrou on the arm, "Hentai! Why would you go tell her something like that?! It's not even true!"
"Yeah, but the look on her face was priceless!"
"Gen-chan...."
"Okay! Okay, I'm sorry!"
Cheui looked at Kourin and opened up his moulth to speak, but Kourin spoke before him.
"Yes, their always this crazy."

~End of part 1~

(A/N: Yay! I finished part 1! 'Bout time, too. It should get a bit more angsty in the next part, when... Whoops! I almost gave out a spoiler there!

Eriol: Baka.
AniDragon: *lightly hits Eriol on the head* Shut up.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this part. Feedback is greatly appreciated! Ja!)

~AniDragon~