Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Return of the Priestess ❯ frozen memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Genbu Kaiden: The return of the Priestess and the Seishi
 
Chapter 1: Frozen memories
 
Takiko was on her way home. The winter had come and the snow was coming down gently. It was making a thin layer on the ground and on the trees in the forest. She felt so happy for some reason.
A gust of wind blew the snow around, Takiko closed her eyes and listen to the quiet song of the wind. The wind started to blow harder and snow blew up in her face and blew her cap of. Now her long, blood red hair was moving freely with the wind. The wind softens and Takiko opened her eyes. She is no longer on the road. She is on a great field with big stone pillars and all of them have some kind of symbol. Takiko moved closer and looked closer at one of the pillars. She recognises the turtle with the snake tail; it was the emblem of Genbu.
Takiko (thinking): “What? I'm in Hokkan, but how did I know? I've never even been here. And that symbol… it's Genbu… but how… what is happening to me?”
She now recognises the execution field and starts to move towards the forest, she really doesn't want to be here when the monsters come. The terrible monsters that she met a long time ago. If it hadn't been for him she wouldn't survived that day. She shook her head and start walking. She is almost in the forest when she hears a scream. She turns to the left and sees a little girl running towards her. The Girl looks terrified and tears are coming from her eyes. Takiko throws of her backpack and starts running towards the girl.
The girl sees her and stars to slow down. When they meet Takiko grabs her throw both her self and the girl into the forest.
Takiko: Are you ok?
Girl: Ye-yes. Thank you.
Takiko: Good. We maybe should get moving before it finds us.
They hear a roar and Takiko fast gets up on her feet, grabs the girls hand and runs as fast as she can deeper into the forest.
They finally stop at a glade with ruins of Houses and in the center of it there was a block of ice containing something. Takiko, who still hold the girls hand, started to walk towards the ice block.
She stops in front of it and now she sees what's in it; it's a naginata!
Takiko (thinking): It's … a naginata, but why is it enclosed in ice? Where have I seen it before?
The girl looks up at Takiko and Takiko looks back.
Takiko: Do you know why there is a naginata in this ice…ehm… what was your name?
Girl: Darute. Don't you know whose weapon this is, or maybe I should say was?
Takiko: My name is Takiko. No I don't know. Can you tell me Darute?
Darute: This was the priestess of Genbu's weapon. She saved our country from its destruction for about 300 years ago. It's said that it will be enclosed in the ice until the priestess comes back.
Takiko looked at Darute and then on the block of ice. She stretches out her hand to touch the ice. She is just about an inch from it when Darute grabs her hand and tries to pull her away.
Darute: No! Don't touch it, you'll become ice too!
Takiko: I can endure it. I've to get that weapon if I ever going to get my memory back. If I want to know how I can know about this place, without even been here.
Darute stepped away from Takiko and just stared at her, scared of what Takiko was going to do.
Takiko stretches out her hand once again and this time she touches the ice. Nothing happens.
Darute starts to move towards Takiko, slowly. Takiko turned around and saw Darutes' scared face.
Takiko: What's wrong Darute?
Darute: You're not get… getting covered… by the ice. Takiko-san. You should, but… Are you the Priestess of Genbu?
Takiko stared at Darute and Darute stared back. Takiko where just about to open her moth when a bright light came from behind her, it was the naginata.
The ice started to break. Takiko threw her self on Darute before the blow.
She and Darute screamed; Takiko of pain, when the ice hit her, and Darute of Fear.
The light fades and the two girls look at each other. Darute has tears in her eyes, she is very pale and looks like she has seen a ghost. Takiko to is pale.
She rises to stand on her feet and gives Darute her hand, so that she to can get up too. Darute takes her hand hesitantly and Takiko pulls her up.
Takiko: Are you ok?
Darute: I'm just fine…. B-but you got hurt, didn't you?
Takiko: I'm fine Darute.
Takiko turns around to look at the naginata. It flies in the air, free from the ice.
Takiko stretches her hand out to grab the old weapon. Her hand grasp around the hold of the naginata, it starts to glow again. But this time it comes not just from the naginata, it comes from her as well. A blinding flash came from her and the naginata. She saw her whole life past by, but the strange thing was that it wasn't her present life it was her previous life. She saw so many familiar places and familiar faces; Hatsui, Hikitsu, Namame, Inami, Tomite, Urumiya and him, Uruki. The light fades and Takiko open her eyes that she hadn't realized that she had closed and looks over at Darute. She looks terrified.
Takiko: Darute? Are you ok?
Takiko asks Takiko with worry in her vice and in her face. Darute swallow before answering.
Darute: You… You… are you the p-p-p-priestess of G-Genbu?
 
 
A/N: I know it sucks, but plz review^^