Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Return of the Priestess ❯ Power within ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Phew! Hey!!!! I finally updated the story!!!! What did it take? Almost a year….
I'm so slow… well here's chapter 2^^ R&R
 
 
Chapter 2: Power within
 
Takiko looks hesitantly at Darute
Takiko: Well, you could say I was the priestess of Genbu, but not anymore. Now I'm just Takiko.
Takiko gave Darute a warm smile and Darute felt relaxed and smiled too.
Then there was a crash and a roar. A big tree came flying from the forest and it almost hit Takiko and Darute.
Darute screamed as Takiko threw her and herself out of the way.
They turn around and see two Mous. Their eyes grew wide of fear.
Takiko quickly recovered and stands between Darute and the two Mous, though there wasn't only two anymore, it was five.
Takiko could hear Darute start to cry behind her, she tried hard to not cry herself. But she knew she had to stay strong for Darute, even though she knew she would not be able to kill these fiends.
One of them starts to charge at them at an incredible speed. Takiko closes her eyes and braces herself for the impact. But it never came.
Darute: Rimudo-sama!?
Takiko open her eyes and sees a man standing in front of her. No, that was not a man it was a… woman. In mans clothing. Her hair was very long, put up in a low ponytail, shorter hair was still lose going down the back of her neck.
Takiko: U-Uru-ki?
She stares up at her face, it looks exactly the same as it did back then. She looks back at Takiko, and for a moment it looks like she recognizes Takiko, but then as quickly as it came it was gone. She looks at her confused.
Rimudo: Who are you how do you know about the Genbu celestial warriors and their names?
Takiko looked stunned at her and tried to figure out how to answer. She knew she couldn't possibly say that she was the Priestess of Genbu, because she wasn't any more.
Takiko: I…I'm… my name is Takiko.
Rimudo: Well Takiko, take Darute away from here.
Her voice was harsh, like a solider that had bin in the army for several years.
Takiko grabbed Darutes hand and start to run in the opposite direction.
They heard roars, trees breaking, and booms when a Mou hit the ground. They ran and ran, past trees, rocks, over roots and stones. They ran until they couldn't run anymore. They stopped for a break.
While they were trying to catch their breath, Takiko could hear something VERY big move behind them. Takiko turn slowly around and sees……… a Mou. It's staring at them, not moving a muscle.
Takiko raised her weapon and looked at Darute from the corner of her eye and saw a fallen tree behind her. It could provide as a hiding place for Darute for a while.
Takiko: Darute. You see the fallen tree behind you? Hide under it! Quick!
Darute ran over to it and hid under it, while Takiko stood there, ready for the Mou to attack. It felt like she stood there for hours, just looking and waiting.
Suddenly the Mou moved towards her at a high speed. She redid her weapon to block the attack. The attack hit her weapon instead of her, but she still went flying.
She hit the cold ground, the snow making the fall less painful. She slowly rose from the ground only to be hit again, and this time she hit a tree, she could feel how a few ribs broke Takiko could hear Darute scream, which made the Mou turn towards her. Takikos' eyes widened of fear, she pulled herself of the ground as fast as she could and ran towards Darute and the terrible fiend.
She raised her weapon ready to strike. Just as the naginata was about to make contact with the Mou, it and Takiko started to glow a bright silver light.
The blade cut through the Mous flesh and it roared in pain.
It turned around to see who dared attack it and sees Takiko standing there in the silver mist, her eyes empty of any emotion.
Takiko felt like she was watching the world through somebody else's eyes, she felt like she had no control over her body. She moved the weapon so it was parallel with her body, ready to attack and block.
She dared a glance towards Darute and saw the poor child quivering under the fallen tree, to scared to move.
Takiko: Darute… when I say `now' you'll run, ok?
Her voice was soft, Darute almost didn't hear her. She nodded.
Takiko smiled a warm smile that seemed to make Darute feel a little better. Takiko redid her weapon and looked back at the Mou, the snow under it was tainted red.
Takiko: NOW!!!!
Darute ran, toward were they came from. Takiko came at the Mou, weapon above her head. As the weapon came down at the Mou a great flash of silver light lightened up the area. Takiko felt like she was flying, she could see through the light and see as it spread trough out the land. She could feel the souls of the seven celestial warriors calling for her and her for them.
The light started to fade and she felt herself hit the ground, she could hear someone yell her name, but she couldn't say who it was or were it came from. She felt numb and very tired. She saw Darute and two men coming her way.
And that's all she remembered before everything went black.
 
 
A/N: I know… this chapter is even worse….
If you really want me to continue then I want 5 reviews