G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ The Fight For the Earth ❯ The Irish Beauty ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Fight For The Earth
Chapter One: The Irish Beauty
DISCLAIMER: I do not own G-Gundam. Whoever says I do and is trying to get me into trouble, I’ll send in Yoshiko when she’s drunk. Oh and maybe Renee too. ^_^
Note: Takes place during the Survival 11 for the 14th Gundam Fight.

~*~
Neo-Canada
~*~

“Renee!!! Wake up already!!” My sister Kinoko yelled at me. I groaned at the voice and morning light. I tossed over to get more sleep.

Hi, my name’s Renee Howard. I’m a professional Gundam fighter of Neo-Ireland. Some people wondered why I wanted to become a fighter, but that’s my priority.

“Renee!!!” Kinoko yelled again.

“Alright, alright... I’m up...” I yawned and stumbled out of bed. I’m not what you say a morning person... I tend to wake up more around lunch time, but after these 4 years of training can really mess up your sleeping schedule.

I got up to take a refreshing shower at a inn my sister and I were staying. The warm water made my skin tingle and I woken up. After I finished taking a shower, I slipped onto my usual outfit- a light green shirt with the sleeves going about 3/4 from the wrist; a pair of dark green capris and I combed my wet head and styled it to a half ponytail. I decided I was hungry after I slipped onto my jade boots.

“Gah... I wonder what’s for breakfast?”

“You woke up too late, so there’s no breakfast.” Kinoko stated.

“Hmm... Wanna stop by a restaurant? We can go through the drive thru.”

Kinoko sighed, “...Fine.”

“Alrighty! Put on your shoes, let’s get goin’!”

It wasn’t long until I was sitting in my corelander waiting for my sister, As soon as she got out, I was driving around to look for a restaurant.

As you might already know, I’m Irish at heart. I am also the middle child of 5 Howard siblings. Alicia and Samuel, my older sister and brother, are the head members of our family. Then, there’s me and my younger siblings, Eliza and Jonathon.

Kinoko was adopted by my father a while back. She and I are pretty close. It’s not I don’t get along with my other brothers and sisters, I just cooperate better with Kinoko. We always teamed up for things like water tag, video games and most other cooperating stuff. She’s also pretty smart for her age. She was currently on vacation from high school... Actually, she’s home schooled. We are all or were. It’s not like we dislike public schools, but we’re just too busy to put up with any crap.

I’m 19 years old, red hair that goes past my shoulders and green eyes. Pretty much your average Irish girl. My family shares the red hair and green or brown eyes heritage. Kinoko’s 17, black hair and green eyes. Pretty standoffish, huh? But we all get along well, so that’s good.

“Hm... how about this restaurant?” I asked.

“Hn...”

I ordered my food and Kinoko wanted a chocolate shake. We ate in the corelander. I didn’t want the attention from the people... It kinda drives me crazy.

“So... what should we do?” I asked.

“Hm... since you beat Neo-Canada... How about visiting the old Neo-Ireland? We need to pick up Brawler anyway.” Suggested Kinoko.

“Hmm... since I’ve been kicking butt, I could always take a nice vacation while we’re at it.”

Kinoko sighed, “What if you have to fight?”

I smirked. “Of course I’ll be ready. I could train a bit too.”

“Hmm... Whatever you decide to do.”

After we ate, we set off to Neo-Ireland. My family lives up in space and we sometimes come down here for a visit. We have different friends all over the place... and of course we have our enemies.

Since my father committed suicide, Alicia and Samuel had to take joint action of our lively hood. According to our father’s will, Alicia and Sam had to manage the money and become leaders of the Howard family and company. What our company does, you ask? We manage stuff, kinda like the stock market in Neo-America. Alicia’s the president, but Sam also runs a pub chain throughout Neo-Ireland. Eliza and Jon are still in high school level, but Eliza’s been working herself to become a model. I’m not sure of what Jon’s working for, probably for a video game company’s my guess.

Kinoko also wanted to become a head technician for repairing Gundams. That’s partly the reason why she wanted to come with me, so she can observe and probably learn more about Gundams. I have partial interest, but being a fighter, I must focus on the fight.

So far in the Survival 11, I’ve been pretty victorious. I haven’t lost a match yet, not being a bragger or anything. My first match was against Neo-Italy’s newest pilot, Drake Moore. Of course I beaten him, but... Unfortunately, a old gas station blew up where Moore was and his Gundam was disintegrated, thus killing him. I felt bad afterward, even tho’ the Neo-Ireland government pardoned his death...

Ah yes, my Gundam... It’s nothing special. It’s mostly white with green accents. My power relies on my fists and my special weapon is my twin tonfa batons. I’ve took a liking into Tae Kwon Doe and Kenpo, so that was added onto my training to become a Gundam Fighter. I still don’t have a clue why the government tend to name my Gundam, ‘Brawler’... I didn’t ask. After all, beggars can’t be choosers. We had to head back to Neo-Ireland anyway, so I can pick up my Gundam after the fight against Neo-Canada’s Gundam. It was one of the toughest fights I’ve been in. But hey, I won and very glad for it.

After a few hours, we finally arrived in Dublin and the harbor where the tech people are repairing the Brawler. I met up with the head tech, Lynn Masterson. She dislikes traveling so she stays with the other guys to take care of the major repairs.

“Hey, Lynn!! How’s the repairs?”

“They’re going well, Ms. Howard. However... a fellow Gundam fighter came by... he thought to have a match with you.”

I groaned. There goes resting period. “You told him I was still over at Neo-Canada?”

“Yes, ma’am. He’s around the vicinity. Maybe you can find him around... and the Gundam will be done with repairs in about half hour...”

“Thanks. I’m gonna go out for a little while...” I started to leave...

“Where’s Kinoko?” Lynn asked before I left.

“She’s probably resting. Tell her I’m out.” I left the place.

***

“Hey, barkeep. I’ll have water.”

The barkeep Mike, who’s good friends with Sam, handed me a glass of water. Fortunately, he’s not one of those pervy barkeeps. He’s a family friend and Sam’s best friend. So if he had any ideas, he would be fired instantly. He’s not like that and also he’s a good friend to talk too. I had my share of guy and girl friends, I just like hanging out with the guys better.

“No beer for the Gundam Fighter?”

“Naaaaw... there’s a rumor going around that a Gundam Fighter’s gonna challenge me... So I gotta be sober at least to think straight at least to avoid fighting like a idiot...”

“And you do not want to embarrass your family?” Mike asked.

“Uh-huh... That’s the last thing I wanted to do...”

“Oh yeah... I already told your brother this... I’m quitting.”

“Yeah...” I muttered and then ‘quitting’ hit me. I’ve like this bartender. He was my regular and helped me through different stuff and was like my shrink. “You’re quitting??? Did you get sick of me of something??” I joked.

Mike chuckled and replied, “No I didn’t get sick of you, Renee. You’re one of my favorite customers and your brother’s a cool guy, but... sometimes, people have to move on... like you did when you went out to train to become a Gundam Fighter.”

“Yeah... I guess.” I sighed.

“However, there’s this promising young lad that has accepted a job here. He’ll be the new keep.”

“How long are you gonna work until you leave?”

“This week. Don’t worry about me, Renee. I’ll look for other places. Heard that there’s a opening for a bag boy in the grocery store.”

I could tell he was joking. “Come on, stop joking...”

He was laughing, “Ah... don’t worry about me. You just look out for yourself and you’ll be safe.”

***

I left the pub about two hours later. Mike and I had a chat about current events and what my brother was up to. About to the end of the conversation, I was ready to go...

The sun was coming down and these streets aren’t one of the nicest places to be after dark, but then what is? I hurried to the hanger... until a guy was in my way. I was trying to get past him, but he seems to not letting me go...

“Hey, Bub! Move your ass!” I yelled.

“I am afraid I cannot... Miss Renee Howard.”

“Yeah, I’m pretty popular around Neo-Ireland. Now, move. I gotta go back.”

“I am afraid I cannot.”

I was pissed now. “Listen. I don’t want any crap from you, so let me go. I gotta go home.”

“Then... I challenge you into a Gundam Fight Match!!”

Oh crap... here we go again... This must be the guy that stopped by my hanger... And this is definitely the time that Brawler’s fixed up...

“... I accept. But... I request we move this bout to the fields. It’s good for Gundam fights. And there will be no casualties.”

“Understandable.” The guy turned and walked away.

“HEY!!! I wanna know the name of my opponent!!”

The guy paused for a brief minute. “... Neo Japan’s Taichi Smiley.” He then left.

Taichi Smiley??? I thought Domon Kasshu was the current guy and champion... I barely pay attention to the news, due to my training... only the current events in Neo-Ireland. I was also working extra hard since I knew Domon was the Champion and defeating him wouldn’t be easy... or his other buddies since they’re part of the legendary Shuffle Alliance... Why is Taichi here and not Domon? I was befuddle at the moment and then realize I have to run to the hanger and get Brawler Gundam so I can meet this guy in the fields.

I have a Gundam Fight to do!

~*~