G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ The Fight For the Earth ❯ Happy Hour ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three: Happy Hour
DIS: I am but just a simple fan. That likes to write fanfics, do fanart and have my mind in the gutter half the time. Ah yeah, I don't own G-Gundam. Oh yeah, Zalika, Rakarai and Horus Gundam are NOT my characters. They belong to Aibyouka. Go read, “For Just One Knight” to read about them.
~*~*~*~
 
-Neo-Egypt-
 
“DAMN!!! IT'S HOT AS HELL HERE!!”
 
I yelled as Kinoko and I were outside and the sun was blazing in the sky. I'm not used to this kind of weather, I'll take spring any day!
 
“So? It's Neo-Egypt. What did you expect? It's almost always hot here.”
 
“They must've been packing on fans and A.C.s...” I said as I was looking around. I saw nice gift shops for tourists and nice restaurants but I was looking for the Gundam Fighter for Neo-Egypt.
 
“Um... Kinoko, don't you have a picture of Zalika?”
 
“Um... yeah, hang on...”
 
“No picture of me is necessary!” A unknown voice speak. Kinoko and I turned to see a woman with dark skin and shoulder blade-length hair and was smirking.
 
“You're Zalika Rahman, right?” I yelled.
 
“And you're Renee Howard, Neo-Ireland's fighter.”
 
“That's right.” Before I could issue a challenge...
 
“Let's go grab a drink!”
 
I fell down of course. My opponent?! Offering a drink?!?!
 
“Zalika!” I heard a guy yell out her name.
 
“Oh God... Rakarai!! You're ruining my fun!!” Zalika pouted.
 
A tall dark and handsome guy showed up. He has dark curly hair and wears glasses. I could tell that he was also the shy and quiet types.
 
“You can't just go up to people and offer them something!”
 
“Awww... I was just offering a new friend a drink! I don't see what your problem is...”
 
“Um... can you let go of me, Zalika?” I said as Zalika has me somehow in a headlock...
 
“Sorry about that!” Zalika said as she let go of my head. “This is my partner, guys.”
 
“Rakarai Babru. And you are?”
 
“I'm... Renee Howard. And this is my sister, Kinoko Howard.”
 
“Hello.” Kinoko said and waved.
 
“Hello to you too. Now, Zali-“ Rakarai paused. He must've taken account to my name. “You are aware that Renee is a Gundam fighter, right?”
 
“Yeah.” Zalika said. “And your point?”
 
“What did I tell you about befriending fellow Gundam Fighters?” Then, he started a long and quite boring speech. Then, Zalika nudged me.
 
“C'mon. Let's go hit the Pub.” Zalika whispered as she and I silently walked over to the Pub, until...
 
“HEY! ZALIKA! COME BACK HERE!”
 
“CHEESE IT!” Zalika yelled as she and I were running away from Rakarai.
 
“Kinoko! Go find a hotel! I'll meet you later!!” I yelled at my sister, who was yelling at me back.
 
~*~
 
“Huff...huff... Think we lost him?” I asked, out of breath.
 
“Puff...puff... Yeah, I think so. One of the good things about being a Gundam fighter- you get to run away faster! Now, let's go find the pub.”
 
Zalika and I were walking the streets of Cairo, Neo- Egypt, looking for a Pub. From what I can tell, she has a funny outlook on life and sometimes doesn't take her partner too seriously... I do have various outlook on life, I just don't share them with complete strangers.
 
“There it is! Let's go get drunk!!” Zalika pulled me into the Pub. I had no choice but to follow.
 
~*~
 
“Hey there, pretty ladies! I'll buy you girls drinks!”
 
“There's seats for you two right here!”
 
“Just ignore `em.” Zalika stated. Honestly, I had no idea that Neo-Egypt had THAT many sleezebags. Well, so does Neo-Ireland, but not as much as this place.
 
“What do ya want?” Zalika asked me.
 
I sighed. “I'll have vodka on rocks.”
 
“Um… okay. Two Vodkas, one on rocks, one no ice.”
 
The bartender nodded and prepared the glasses.
 
“So… do you always do this?” I asked Zalika.
 
“Nah. I figured I needed a break and I wanted to get drunk. Oh yeah… sorry about bringing you in. I just sometimes wanted to get away from Rakarai and…”
 
“I showed up at the wrong time.” I finished.
 
“Yep. Tho'… as much of annoyance as `Rai is sometimes… he can be a good guy.” I could tell that Zalika had a reflective moment. As much annoyed as she had been with Rakarai, I thought of the possibility that she likes him. /How sad…/.
 
Then our drinks came in. As soon as I got mine, Zalika chugged hers down. I looked at her like she was crazy and calmly sipped on mine.
 
“Damn, this is low quality…” And Zalika was right. The vodka was low quality. “I'll have more.” She told the bartender. I looked worried. /Oh God… Don't tell me…/
 
~*~
 
“WHOO!!! That is some good stuff!!!” Zalika chirpped. She was definiatly drunk, after
eight glasses of vodka. I wasn't drunk, I was still on my first glass. I was relived she wouldn't try to do something crazy- yet. When she was on the verge of being drunk, she told me about how much her family sucks, how much Rakarai is `always on her ass' and sometimes, her past relationship with her ex-boyfriends… or what you may call ex-boyfriends. I'd rather not repeat what she said, thus this story being PG-13 related…
 
“C'mon, Zalika… We better get going…” I said, worried that she might try to kick my ass.
 
“Yeah… stupid hellhole…” She muttered.
 
Surprisingly, she didn't resist when I helped her out of the bar. It wasn't until we got out. Zalika immedietly wriggled out of my grasp and started walking… but it was into a stand.
 
“No Zalika!” I yelled as I try to pull her out of the way. The clerk wasn't too happy and cursed a few things in Egyptien, but then Zalika retorted.
 
“HEY! Quit being such a asshole! You… you… chedderhead…” Zalika muttered and the clerk looked even more mad. I was silently giggling. It was a bit funny on how Zalika could be so funny while she was drunk.
 
Along the way, Zalika has blabbed about how she would kill her father, ways she would annoy the hell out of Rakarai on purpose and… I wasn't sure, but Zalika mentioned a few more things, like `activites' at her house. I was white and I shut up. Talking to a drunk person would just be frustrating as well as pointless. ESPECIALLY after that comment.
 
~*~
 
“Zalika!! Where in seven hells have you been!? Are you drunk?”
 
Rakarai was NOT pleased when I helped Zalika get home. I glanced at the clock and it was about 11. I could tell he was NOT happy with Zalika.
 
“Ah yeah… Renee and I went out and painted the town yellow!!” Zalika gleed. I sweatdropped. This woman is my opponent for our next Gundam Fight match?! Impossible! Absurd! But, yeah. Life tends to bite and this may be one which it sinks its teeth in.
 
Rakarai looked at me. “You're not drunk, Renee… are you?”
 
“I only had a glass…”
 
“Then, why didn't you stop Zalika?!”
 
“Hey! Don't bite her head off, Rakarai!” Zalika yelled at him. I was a bit surprised. I wondered if she was still drunk… or maybe it's wearing off. I didn't wanna know. “I wanted have some company! Not with you, with someone else. Like Renee!” She hugged me. I didn't expect that, but it was a friendly hug.
 
“I… must get going now. Kinoko's probably worried sick.” I reached to get my cell phone so I could talk to Kinoko… After directions of where she is, I turned to say good-bye, but Zalika was gone. Probably off to bed. All I saw was Rakarai.
 
“Um… I wanted to challenge Zalika into a Gundam Fight match, but-“
 
“She used you to get away from me for a while.”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“I thought so. This is the first time she pulled this stunt. Usually, she'll run by herself..”
 
“Um… I gotta get going. Oh yeah and… when Zalika wakes up… can you tell her to call me so we can meet? I really need to fight her. That's why I'm here.”
 
“You're a Gundam Fighter after all, so yeah. I'll have Zalika call you up.”
 
“Thanks.” I started to leave.
 
“Hey, wait!” I turned to see Rakarai. “Did… Zalika say anything about me?”
 
I paused for a minute. I thought about it too…
 
“No, she didn't say anything.” I lied.
 
“Oh, okay…” Rakarai said and I finally left.
 
~*~
 
I thought it wasn't a good idea to tell Rakarai of what Zalika said about him. Not just about her complaining about him, but her feelings for him. /Could Rakarai like her too?/ I pondered. As I was thinking, I found my hotel.
 
“Renee!! Where in the hell have you been?!” Kinoko yelled. She had braids in her hair and she was mad.
 
“Hanging out with Zalika. She apparently needed a shoulder to get drunk on.” I blantly said.
 
“Then, why not her partner's?”
 
“She… needed some time with someone. Just not her partner. Well, it's getting late. Let's go to bed.”
 
Kinoko knew I had more to say, but she agreed.
 
I went to bed and thought about Zalika's and Rakarai's relationship. Maybe it was more than just partnership. /Both of them have feelings for each other, but they rather not reveal it. Not yet at least… Maybe after this fight is over? We only got a couple months away… or maybe it's that long?/ I thought and then I fell asleep peacefully.
 
~*~