Gad Guard Fan Fiction ❯ A small white cat ❯ Small cat on a hot day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sai: hahhahhah! Of course Key-chan, Hajiki, Ari-chan, Ari-chan's cat, and Aiko-chan are mine! * Laughs maniacally until random fan comes and tackles me * er…. Let me re-state that… of course they don't belong to me because I'm not that creative…
Randome fan: much better * leaves *
 
Takumi sighed as he flopped back into the soft grass behind him; nothing interesting had been happening for about a week now. There were no new crime rings to break up, no new gads showing up, not even a reported theft. What was a young orphan such as himself supposed to do when there was no crime? He supposed he could get a job, but then what? What would he do if a big theft took place while he was off flipping burgers or something?
He closed his olive green eyes from the sun's glare, and lay basking in the warmth of the bright rays.
 
A soft purring by his ear brought him back from the boarders of slumber with a start.
He sat up quickly and looked around. Something gently pushing against his thigh drew his attention down to a white ball of fluff in his lap, one dark brown paw pushed against his blue-gray pants. Two orbs of crystal blue stared up at him before the small creature uttered a soft “mew”, baring it's four sharp teeth for an instant as it did so.
Takumi stared at the small cat for several moments before a smile broke the concentration on his face, “you're Arashi-chan's kitty, aren't you?”
A mew was Takumi's reply before a warm ball of long fur curled up in his lap.
Curious olive orbs scanned the small park for any sign of the dark-haired girl. Children playing tag with one another while others played Frisbee was all that was seen.
“Where's Arashi-chan?” the sixteen0year-old asked as his eyes fell back on the cat, “did you run away again?”
Lazily, the cat in his lap raised its head to look at him for a moment before lying fully back down again.
Takumi laid a hand on the soft white fur and gently stroked, drawing motorboat purrs from deep in the cat's throat.
 
After a while, Takumi brushed the cat off of his legs and got to his feet, “I'm sorry,” he told the questioning blue eyes staring up at him, “I'm going now.”
As he began to leave, the cat mewed and followed quickly.
“Do you want to come with?” Takumi laughed, “I don't know where I want to go, but you're welcome to come.”
 
 
 
After a long while of wandering through the city and not wanting to go to an empty and lonely home until he had to, Takumi found himself standing outside of a small diner.
“This is where Sanada-sama works,” he said to himself.
A warmpth brushing against his leg drew his eyes down to white fur and blue eyes, “yes?”
The cat mewed and rubbed against his leg again before looking toward the diner.
A smile drew itself across the slender boy's lips, “do you want to go in? I'm not sure that you can.”
Again the small ball of fluff rubbed against his pants with a soft mew.
“I bet you're looking for Arashi-chan, aren't you?”
 
“Hey! Takumi!”
The call from behind drew the small orphan's attention, and he turned to face the boy running toward him.
“Hey! I haven't seen you in a while!”
“Oh, Hajiki-kun,” Takumi greeted with a soft smile. It had indeed been a very long while, much longer than he would have liked.
“What brings you here?” the burnet asked as he came to a stop in front of the smaller boy.
“Oh… um,” Takumi pauses, not really sure why he was there. He couldn't just openly admit that though, it sounded too stupid and he didn't want Hajiki thinking that he was stupid in any way.
A loud purring drew both boy's attention from the small conversation starter as their eyes turned to the cat rubbing against Takumi's leg and purring.
“Oh! You found her!” Hajiki knelt down and beckoned the cat to him, “thanks, I was looking everywhere for her.”
“Arashi-chan was worried, wasn't she.”
“Nah,” Hajiki replied as he scooped the white ball of fur into his arms, “She's away with Aiko-chan right now, I'm s'posed to be watching this little mischief maker.
“Oh,” was all Takumi managed to say, far too distracted by the beautiful blue of the other boy's eyes.
 
“Is there something on my face?” Hajiki asked after curiously watching the blond staring at him for a minute or so.
“Oh!” Takumi diverted his eyes quickly to the ground, “n-no, I was just…” he paused to consider what his excuse would be. He couldn't tell that he was admiring his eyes, he didn't want the other gad-pilot to think he was gay or something, “it must be hard, since she runs away so often…” He smiled, while inwardly smacking himself for making such a lousy subject change.
“Oh, well, sort of. It's fine as long as I keep her locked in my room…” he glanced over his shoulder and mumbled something about little sisters and respecting other people's locked doors.
“But hey,” blue eyes turned skyward to the sun still high in the sky and as hot as ever, “do you want to come inside to get out of the sun or something?”
Takumi felt his cheeks grow warm with blush; it was sweet how the taller boy offered help when he thought it was needed.
“N-no thank you,” he said as he quickly turned away. It would have been embarrassing had the other seen this new hew of pink in his pale cheeks.
“Are you sure? You look hot…”
Takumi stiffened momentarily, even if it wasn't meant the way he wanted it to be meant it still made him feel a rush.
“N-no, I'm… I need to get home anyway.”
“You should get out of the sun for a few minutes at least, your cheeks are all red.”
A gasp escaped the other boy, Hajiki had seen! His mind raced, he suddenly wished that he could melt into the ground or turn invisible.
“Tak? Are you alright?” a hand came to rest gently on his shoulder.
At this slight contact, Takumi, already panicking, took off at a run.
“H-hey!” came an astonished and confused cry from behind him, but it was ignored.
 
 
The blonde's swift feet didn't slow until he was at last back at his lonely home.
He leaned heavily against the now closed door, gasping for breath. His white coat was promptly flung from his slender form to the floor, and he sank to his knees. His body trembled both from the heat outside, and the panted breaths as they began to slow slightly.
Hajiki probably had no idea what happened. He was naive like that, but it was preferred that he was naive rather than the alternative: finding out the secret Takumi held so dearly from him. He wasn't at all prowd of the fact that he was in love with the gad pilot, but he felt that he couldn't help it.
At first he had blamed the strange sensations he got from the boy as merely admiration for skills that he himself did not posses. That had worked for a while, and he had almost convinced himself that it was only that; but he couldn't shake the fact that he didn't feel that way from Aiko-chan, and he admired her for skills that he lacked too.
He had tried to convince himself that he was mistaken, that he was lonely and in need of companion ship, which was what had lead him to gaining Aiko-chan as a girlfriend. When he was with her, he couldn't stand to let Hajiki see them together, and tried to avoid the boy as often as he could… that only served to make him feel lonely, almost empty inside.
Now he openly admitted to himself that he was in love, but couldn't do anything about it. He didn't want Hajiki to see any flaw in him, not one at all. He didn't want him to know that he had no parents, or that he really was scared when piloting, even the slightest bit sometimes. He didn't want the other thinking he was stupid, or rude, or even clueless… but he especially didn't want him to know that he was gay.
He felt hot tears creeping into his eyes, stinging as they welled up with the threat of spilling out. He blinked them back. He didn't have the right to cry, it was his fault and his alone. If he wasn't gay then he wouldn't have to worry, he wouldn't feel so hurt and lonely… and Hajiki wouldn't have anything to be disgusted in him about.
He bit his lower lip in an effort to keep back the tears as he got to his feet. He hated how lonely and empty he felt everyday, and how most of his thoughts strayed to the auburn-haired pilot of Lightning. The emptiness hurt a lot; he didn't want to feel it anymore.
He smiled sadly as his thoughts wandered back to ideas he had had often times before.
He was never of much use to the team, if you called what they had a team. He wasn't there in time to help much, or he was the cause of any problems that they encountered while collecting gads or unarming a criminal ring.
He wasn't much help at all… really, would the other pilots even notice if he stopped helping them? It was doubtful.
His feet slowly shuffled across the floor, toward the small shower that existed in the room.
“It was pretty hot out today…” he said to himself, “I should… clean myself off…”
 
 
The knob squeaked as it was turned, unleashing a steady flow of cold false rain. Takumi hesitantly stepped in, and gave a sad chuckle, “no, they won't even notice.”
 
To Be Continued…
 
 
A/N: Um… woops O_O not what I really ment to do, what the cheese happened to me there? I became… a depressing writer! (Though I'm not the best at making the readers feel the emotions I'm intending, unlike some of the more amazing writers I've read stuff from who should be professional!) I'm sorry that it got a little sad there! And also, I'm sorry for having no name for Ari-chan's cat or anything like that, I've not seen this show in so long! I'm merely writing this fic, right jow because I realized that there were only 4 Gad fics up and all were hidden, so I felt the need to fix this slight problem. I hope you all liked it, despite the fact that I've not re-read it to fix all the problems (I will do that eventually, I promise!). Reviewing after reading would be rather sweet because it lets me know what I need to fix, or what people like to read about and stuff! ^-^
So, I do hope that you liked the fic, I'll write the next part a little later (the part I hadn't even intended to write until this story took over my hands and began to write itself!), or as soon as I can ^-^ Have a nice day please *-^