Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Episode1: Truly,Madly,Deeply ❯ Voice ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
V. VOICE/SAD MEMORY
 
In which Sanzo, Gojyo and Hakkai succumb to the spell of the lullaby-singing lady youkai, who takes away bitter memories. Apparently Goku has no brain to steal any memories from. (Just kidding, Goku! You're the cutest…)
 
 
A.
 
“I wonder if we can even find an inn at this village?”
 
“Are!? Meshi, meshi! Sanzo? What about food? There has to be a place to eat somewhere, huh?!”
 
It's the villagers that concern me… too defenseless…”
 
Suika approaches. “Moshi…
 
Youkai?” Goku's eyes pop.
 
“Holy…” Gojyo goggles, then yelps. “Itte, itte…” he winces.
 
Click!
 
Keeping a firm hold on the kappa's ear, Sanzo points the gun at the lady demon. “Who the hell are you?” he rasps, eyes narrowed. Below him, the kappa grovels. “I'll be good, sweetie pie… I promise…”
 
Suika raises her brows. “I see…”
 
The villagers plea for the youkai, but they needn't bother. Sanzo has already dropped the gun and is occupied with pointedly ignoring a rueful Gojyo.
 
“Sanzo, sweet, my one and only love… I didn't do anything! Be reasonable why dontcha…”
 
“Huh. Not good enough, kappa.”
 
“Er…” Gojyo thinks desperately. “Okay, okay then - I promise to go back to therapy, how's that?”
 
“'Ch.”
 
Meanwhile, Goku skips around Suika, demanding to know where the village's McDonald's is located. Suika turns questioning eyes to the rational-looking person in the jeep.
 
“A… hehehe…”
 
 
B.
 
Suika offers to let the ikkou stay at her mansion. They feast on sumptuous food. Well… Goku and Gojyo do, at any rate. Hakkai sits cautiously, with watchful eyes. He turns to Sanzo. “I still don't sense any evil aura,” he insists.
 
We can at least be sure of one thing, we're not being poisoned,” Sanzo sniffs, eyeing the kappa balefully.
 
“Now, now, Sanzo, why don't you have a little faith in Gojyo? I've known him longer than you have, and trust me he's never been so devoted to anyone, the way he is to you…”
 
“Huh.”
 
Suika approaches. “I hope the food is to your liking,” she smiles. Then notices that Sanzo's plate is untouched. “Now this won't do! I beg you to tell me what the matter is!”
 
“'Ch.”
 
“He's still jealous,” Goku confides around a mouthful of food.
 
Twitch. “Urusei! Bakazaru…”
 
Gojyo grins and brushes Sanzo's foot under the table with his foot. “Aw… I think it's sweet, tenshi…”
 
Sanzo glares. Suika reassures him. “Oh my, Sanzo Houshi-sama, please believe me! I don't want Gojyo.”
 
“Oi!” Gojyo feigns a pout. “Never mind… as long as my Sanzo wants me…” he gives Sanzo a lopsided grin.
 
Sanzo sighs and picks up his chopsticks, but not before kicking Gojyo's foot away, under the table. “Baka…” he mutters.
 
Suika gives a satisfied smile, and turns away. The smile transforms into an evil grin. She doesn't want just Gojyo, is what she meant to say…
 
 
C.
 
Sanzo's room, after supper.
 
I really don't sense any evil aura,” the redundant Hakkai mentions for the nth time.
 
That's true…” Gojyo mumbles around his cigarette. “Still, it could be a trap…
 
But why can't we just say she's a nice lady who can cook well…” Goku asks innocently.
 
Gojyo grins. “Because Sanzo is green with—“
 
Anyway, we're leaving tomorrow,” Sanzo cuts in imperiously. Gojyo snickers. Sanzo tweaks his ear. “It's always best to be cautious!” he insists.
 
“Sure, sure…” Gojyo drawls smugly, leaning his head back against Sanzo's bed to twinkle red eyes merrily at the priest.
 
Goku yelps and jumps up to straddle Sanzo. “But she said she's cooking great food again tomorrow!” Goku beats Sanzo with his fists. “Moroccan food, dude! TAJINE!!!
 
THWAK! “We're not on vacation!
 
There's a great meat dumpling shop in the next town, Goku.” Hakkai plays peacemaker, whipping out his travel brochure.
 
Gojyo crowds beside them. “Lemme see that… Hello!” he purrs.
 
Hakkai sweatdrops. “Goku can't enter that store, I'm afraid…
 
“Hmmm… I think we'll find some replacements in here for my handcuffs that you guys broke last time… and some nice new toys for me and my buttercup…”
 
“Eh?”
 
“Ah… Hehehe… How do I put this, Goku…”
 
Twitch. “Go to your rooms already!!!” Sanzo yells.
 
The three jump and shuffle out, yawning and muttering goodnights.
 
Sanzo hooks a finger on Gojyo's belt. “That doesn't mean you, baka erogappa…”
 
Gojyo raises a scarlet brow innocently. “Oh? I thought…”
 
Hakkai shakes his head and pulls the door shut.
 
“Now… c'mere and receive your proper punishment!”
 
Gojyo sighs with rapture. “I thought you'd never ask…”
 
 
D.
 
“Sanzo….” Gojyo moans. Sanzo smirks. Gojyo calls his name again. Sanzo bends down for a kiss… but the kappa mumbles against his lips. “I said, Sanzo, what the HELL is that goddamn noise?! I can't fucking concentrate!”
 
In her private quarters, Suika recoils, insulted.
 
In another room, the monkey sprawls in bed, drooling.
 
In yet another room, Hakkai asks curiously what the haunting sound is.
 
Oh, that's Madame Suika's lullaby,” the manservant replies proudly. “She sings to make people forget sad memories, so they sleep sweetly.
 
Hakkai raises his brows doubtfully, then picks up his book again. “Sou ka… where I'm from, we call that a banshee.”