Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Episode1: Truly,Madly,Deeply ❯ Sad Memory ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

VI SAD MEMORY/ RESCUE
 
In which it's the abandoned Goku to the rescue, with the help of - who else, but their sworn enemies - Kougaiji and Co.
 
 
A.
 
Kougaiji mutters from his dragon as he scans the ground below. That silly obsessed Lirin… it was definitely no fun to be interrupted from a morning quickie with Doku by a frantic Yaone, saying that his sister had escaped again to pursue her crush… Not that he blames her, really…
 
Kougaiji tracks them down, and his princely eyes widen in well-bred surprise to see Goku alone, and obviously frantic and helpless, and his group doing nothing to take advantage of the situation. He stalks over.
 
“Whazzup?”
 
Doku brings him up to date.
 
The prince turns to Goku. “In trouble again, are we? Yare yare… how many times must we bail you guys out? Honestly…” Kougaiji summons the Screaming Evil to break the sound barrier.
 
Goku stands by, shell-shocked. “Nande?” he whispers.
 
“Coz Suika was my ex,” Kougaiji grins evilly. “We studied magic in the academy together… then she dumped me for that worthless human. Imagine! She dumped me!”
 
“Unbelievable.” Doku shakes his head as he drapes an arm around the Prince. “I'll never dump you, candy cane…”
 
“Then what were you doing with Lirin's lady-in-waiting last Saturday, candy cane?”
 
“Pshaw. That was a gift for you…”
 
Goku gives the young prince a grateful smile as he dashes away. Lirin calls after him. “Oi! Don't forget… tell hage Sanzo I want a date in exchange for saving his pretty ass…”
 
 
B.
 
Inside…
 
You're happy here, aren't you… I've given you peace…” Suika croons, wrapping her arms around a zombie-faced Gojyo and rubbing her cheek against his. Gojyo mumbles a dull reply.
 
She tries to do the same with Sanzo, but Sanzo points the gun to her temple reflexively. “Hrrr… I'll tame you yet, you ice princess you…”
 
She walks over to Hakkai. She bends over, and Hakuryu scratches her eyes out. (A/N: Now you all know why in Befanini world, Hakuryu is a girl-dragon! XD)
 
While Suika screeches and engages in a mud-wrestling catfight with the livid mini-dragon, Sanzo comes out of his stupor long enough to tug weakly at Gojyo's hair.
 
“Sandpaper, kappa… the roughest grade you can get…” **
 
“Hai, hai, Sanzo mine…”
 
(** A/N: See Truly Madly Deeply, last Chapter.)
 
 
C.
 
“Sanzo! … Gojyo! … Hakkai! …” Goku runs amok through the mansion in search of his ikkou. He crashes into Hakuryu. They see stars. Hakuryu staggers to her wings and beats Goku, cursing profusely. “Kyukyukyukyukyuuuuu!!!!”
 
(Dragon-speak translation: “Baka saru! I just went splat against a wall, my Hakkai is out of his mind, and I broke a nail! Plus, I need new tires and a long-overdue overhaul! Dammit this is the last straw…”)
 
Goku pacifies her with a melted, gooey Snickers bar, and together they locate the lost memory-phantoms.
 
“Gross…” Goku wrinkles his nose and pokes gingerly at the sticky stuff wrapped around Kouryu. Then his hackles rise as he senses something behind him…
 
… He whips around and shrieks, falling backwards. “It's … It's Shelob!”
 
Samwise Gamgee comes rushing in, brandishing Biter in one hand and the Phial of Galadriel in the other. “'Scuse me!” the hobbit says cheerfully, as he disposes of the huge, nasty spider. He wriggles through the heap of cocoons.
 
“Aha! Found you at last, Mr. Frodo!” Sam yells jubilantly. He emerges from the pile, dragging a cobweb-streaked Frodo along by the hair. “It's a merry chase you led me indeed, Mr. Frodo,” he clucks as he busily cleans up his master. “And how we'll ever find our way back to Middle-Earth I just don't know…”
 
Sam turns to Goku, who is staring, flabbergasted. The hobbit gives the youkai a cheery grin. “A fat lot of trouble our masters are, aren't they? Always getting into a sorry mess...”
 
“H-hai,” Goku mumbles.
 
“Well, see you!” Samwise hauls the senseless Frodo onto his shoulder as he marches out. “Wish you guys all the luck of the Valar with your divine mission! Goodness knows we need some luck ourselves…”
 
“WOW…” Goku breathes as the hobbits disappear from sight. “Kyuuuuu…” Hakuryu peeps over his shoulder. “Did you guys see that!?” Goku yells, turning around excitedly. The memory-phantoms stare blankly at him. “Oh… right…”
 
 
D.
 
I'll show you what it feels like to be imprisoned by sad memories!” Suika wraps Goku in an impenetrable cocoon, cackling madly.
 
Goku moans as images assault him… Gojyo finding his secret stash of M&Ms and demolishing the lot in one sitting… Hakkai confiscating his XBox after he'd had a seizure from too much gaming… Sanzo yelling at him for spilling soda on the sutra…
 
“Eh? Is that all you've got?” Suika snarls in disgust.
 
“Baka…”
 
Suika whirls around, her eyes wide.
 
“Don't you read your Saiyuki companion literature? All his deepest, darkest memories were erased by the Powers-That-Be.” Sanzo points a finger up.
 
“Besides, his brain is too little to accommodate any—“
 
THWAK! Sanzo hits Gojyo with the fan. Deep in his coma, Goku smiles in satisfaction.
 
“Really, miss, it's pointless, what you do,” Hakkai smiles serenely. “Pleasant or otherwise, a dream is just a dream.”
 
Suika walks closer.
 
Click!
 
Nande?” she begs, at the point of the gun.
 
Sanzo bites out from clenched teeth. “No-one-touches-my-Gojyo!!!”
 
BANG!
 
Suika drops to the floor, lifeless.
 
Gojyo grabs Sanzo in his arms, showering him with adoring kisses. “Kawaii!!! So sweet… I just love it when you get all jealous and possessive…”
 
Sanzo struggles furiously. “Sandpaper, I said! Baka erogappa…”
 
Hakkai shrugs and strokes Hakuryu's head. “Love saves the day…”
 
“Mmmphhh…” Goku struggles. “Lemme outta here… rescue before love scene, if you please…”
 
 
E.
 
Goku's Sad Memory. *sniff*
 
Goku in chains, caged, in bitter cold winter. He shivers, mourning the dead bird just beyond his reach through the stone bars of his mountain prison. He's coming for me. The thought plays itself over and over in his mind. He's coming for me, and then he's gonna buy me dozens of pizzas and Krispy Kremes and tacos and S'mores and gallons and gallons of Coke…
 
“Oi.”
 
Goku blinks.
 
Sanzo walks up.
 
Goku wriggles with joy, his non-existent tail wagging furiously, like a puppy. “You've come for me! At last…”
 
“Ah… actually, I've come to pick up something from you…”
 
For the first time in their long history together, the big bright red question marks pop over the monkey's head.
 
“Something for me, from the Sanbutsushin?” Sanzo prompts.
 
PING! The question marks transform to exclamation points. “That's right…” Goku digs around in his back pocket. He pulls out the gold AnEx card and holds it up. “You mean this?”
 
Sanzo nips up the credit card. “Sankyuu…” He walks away.
 
Goku watches him go, his hands grasping the bars, shoulders slumped.
 
Sanzo halts, half-turns, and cocks his head. “Aw, what the hell, might as well take you along too…”
 
“Hip hip HOORAY!” Goku yells, shaking the bars excitedly. They crumble easily in his hands.
 
Blink-blink.
 
Then Goku shrugs, and skips happily along beside the dignified, stern priest.
 
“Wow, your hair's so purdy… so yellow, like the sun…” the monkey prattles, zipping crazily around him. “When do we eat? Ne? When do we eat? I like a beef bowl, and meat dumplings, and pork buns, and spring rolls, and fried rice, and chop suey… but I'll settle for eighteen hamburgers and a dozen vanilla shakes…”
 
Sanzo gets a flash of deja moo - the feeling that he's been through this bull before…