Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Episode1: Truly,Madly,Deeply ❯ Lovely Baby ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XIII. LOVELY BABY/ JUST A TINY, TINY STORY
 
In which the poor, rejected Hakuryu (rejected from the inn, that is) spends the night relieving her stress by playing hide-n-seek with carnappers and getting three kawaii kids to fall in love with her. Meantime, the ikkou ponder… bicycles. XD
 
 
A.
 
Sou ka…. No pets allowed. That's a problem…” Hakkai strokes Hakuryu's head affectionately, his brows knitted. The ikkou crowd around the register. Goku dances impatiently. Sanzo yawns. Gojyo's eyes light up.
 
Aw, c'mon… make an exception, pretty lady…” purrs the kappa.
 
Twitch.
 
Rules are rules. Sorry,” the girl behind the counter says firmly.
 
I don't suppose there's another inn in this town?” Hakkai asks hopefully. The girl shakes her head. Gojyo leans closer.
 
Tell me… do you have a boyfriend?” He gives her a roguish grin.
 
The girl backs away. “That's also against the rules…
 
TWITCH.
 
The priest glares daggers at the kappa.
 
Ne, Sanzo, what now?” Goku asks their leader.
 
'Ch. Just settle it already! I want to go to our rooms, and go to bed.
 
Gojyo abandons the girl, coming over to purr at Sanzo. “So do I…” He is puzzled when Sanzo ignores him.
 
“Well, you see, this isn't a pet. This is FOOD. We're allowed to bring in food, aren't we? Harahetta…” Goku gives the girl his most adorable, puppy-dog smile. The girl sweatdrops.
 
Meanwhile, the kappa has now noticed Sanzo's furious glare, and is desperately defending himself.
 
“Psychotic. That's what you are. INCORRIGIBLE!” Sanzo spits.
 
“Dammit, angel, I was trying to help out our Hakuryu! I've got the gift, I'm not bragging, but if I can make females swoon and persuade her to let Hakuryu—“
 
Sanzo holds up his palm. “Talk to the hand, baka.” He turns his face away. “Get four rooms tonight, Hakkai,” he orders.
 
“Demo, they only have two, with twin beds…”
 
“Get them to move one bed in with the other two,” orders Sanzo. “I'm sleeping alone tonight.”
 
Gojyo panics. “Dammit Sanzo! You know I can't *breathe* when I'm not by your side…”
 
“Choke, then,” comes the heartless reply.
 
“Baby!!!” Gojyo pleads.
 
Goku explains to the skeptical girl, “No, really… You never tasted dragon before? Better than buffalo wings, anytime…” Goku drools and looks at Hakuryu with hungry eyes as he gets carried away. “Dragon meat buns… yum yum…”
 
Hakkai pops migraine and ulcer pills. Hakuryu breathes fire on Goku.
 
Gojyo stops groveling for an instant to scold. “Yamero! The pretty lady will think we're strange…” And he goes back to showering a sleepy, grumpy Sanzo with contrite kisses.
 
 
B.
 
With a singed monkey, a sulking Sanzo, and a desperate Gojyo, the ikkou gather up their bags and prepare to retire. Hakkai goes to mournfully park Hakuryu outside.
 
Gojyo and Sanzo start up the stairs, the priest crossly swatting away beseeching tanned hands. Goku follows. Gojyo and Sanzo halt. A golden eyebrow levitates.
 
“And just where do you think you're going?”
 
Goku looks bewildered. “To our room, of course!”
 
“Baka!” Gojyo scolds. “Didn't you read the sign? No pets allowed!” he frowns.
 
Goku glares. “Hahaha. I think I'll just go on ahead and demolish the other room so we all *have* to room together tonight…” he threatens darkly.
 
“Hehehe… Just kidding, bakazaru…”
 
“'Ch. You'll have a heart attack if you ever found out who really thinks of you as his pet puppy…”
 
Gojyo's eyes pop, and he hastily covers Sanzo's mouth with his hand.
 
“Nani?” Goku's forehead scrunches up.
 
“Na-nan de mo nai!”
 
“Don't you *touch* me, I said!!!” Sanzo hisses.
 
 
C.
 
YES! Straight flush!” Goku crows.
 
Baka! That's *only* a straight, monkey head!
 
“Nanda to?!”
 
“It's no use playing with an eejit…”
 
“You're the eejit!”
 
“SHHH!!! You'll wake him up!”
 
Sanzo throws off his blanket, glaring. “URUSEI!!! Why don't you go to bed, you fools!
 
It's still early…
 
You sound like an old man…
 
TWITCH.
 
“What the hell are you doing in my room, anyway?!” Sanzo glowers.
 
“I'm bored!” the monkey whines. “Hakkai's gone to check on Hakuryu, and Gojyo insists on staying with you…”
 
Sanzo shakes with fury. “Didn't-I-already-tell-you-I'm-sleeping-alone-tonight!” he bites out at the kappa.
 
Gojyo pouts. “And I already told you you're getting jealous over nothing, sweets… You're my one and only…”
 
“Damare! I'm sleeping alone nonetheless! I haven't slept properly for three nights now…” Sanzo rubs his eyes tiredly.
 
“Can I help it if you're such a sexy beast?” Gojyo pleads. “It's *your* fault if I'm addicted to you!”
 
Sanzo yawns. “I don't care… Right now all I *desire* is sleep…”
 
Gojyo moves to hug Sanzo. “All right. Sleep in my arms, then…” He rains kisses on Sanzo's face.
 
Goku makes a face. “You two give me a toothache…”
 
Sanzo elbows Gojyo away grumpily. “Go chat up your `pretty lady', why don't you…”
 
Gojyo runs exasperated hands down his face. “Kami-sama *save* me from foolish, jealous corrupt monks…”
 
“That's right, kappa. *Pray*…” Sanzo glares with narrowed, sleep-deprived, livid purple eyes.
 
“I'm bored! I'm bored!” whines Goku.
 
Hakkai crashes in. “Hakuryu's gone!” he cries.
 
“Eh?” Gojyo turns from straddling a pissed, hissing Sanzo.
 
“Hakuryu! Oh no… I wasn't really gonna eat you!” Goku wails.
 
Sanzo quits struggling beneath the kappa and frowns at Hakkai. “You mean…”
 
“Hai!” Hakkai beats his head with his fists. “Hakuryu's gone *on strike*! On her own…” he sniffs. “The little traitor… We should have held a board meeting on this…”
 
 
D.
 
“Hakuryu! My beast friend!” Goku yells, and dashes out.
 
Oi! Matte—“ calls Gojyo.
 
Sanzo, we're gonna look for her. You stay and keep watch,” Hakkai says distractedly.
 
Aa…” rumbles Sanzo, his head nodding drowsily.
 
“Um, I'll keep watch, too!” Gojyo declares happily.
 
Hakkai grabs Gojyo by the antennae. “No you're not…” He drags Gojyo to the door, the kappa howling.
 
“I'm not through with you yet, angel! Wait for meeee….”
 
“Baka…” mutters Sanzo, yawning. “Ah, sweet sleep, my friend… I've missed you…” Sanzo nuzzles into his pillow, smiling serenely.
 
 
E.
 
Goku walks the streets, sobbing, calling for Hakuryu.
 
Sou ka. You haven't seen her. Sumimasen…” Hakkai sighs.
 
The kappa grumbles. “OI HAKURYU! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU???” He clamps a cigarette to his lips, mumbling. “I don't need this, not with my Sanzo mad at me…” He catches a flash of blonde hair and huge indigo eyes. The cigarette goes limp in his mouth. He whistles softly to himself. If his Sanzo were a woman, he would look *EXACTLY* like that… Gojyo drools, calling distractedly. “Oi, Hakuryuuu…
 
Gojyo trails the woman a few steps, his jaws slack, a goofy expression on his face. *My Sanzo reincarnated as a buxom, curvy woman…*
 
Then he stops suddenly and smacks a hand to his forehead. “Baka! That's why my baby is mad in the first place! He's right, I *am* psychotic…” He turns and rushes back to the inn, full of remorse, hungry to make it up to Sanzo…
 
…. And finds the priest beside the window, glaring murderously.
 
Gojyo sweatdrops. “I… I can explain, cupcake…”
 
F.
 
Did you find her?” Hakkai asks desperately.
 
No,” Gojyo answers miserably. Sanzo sits at the table, going through a carton of Marlboro at an alarming rate. Gojyo turns to him. “*Please*, Sanzo mine… You'll kill yourself!” he begs.
 
“Like you care?” Sanzo growls, crushing out his cigarette and immediately lighting up another.
 
“Hit me, Sanzo! I'm begging you… I'd rather you did… this self-abuse is *killing* me,” cries Gojyo.
 
“INCORRIGIBLE!” Sanzo drags deeply on his smoke.
 
“I was thinking of you the whole time!”
 
“Oh *really*!”
 
“YES!” Gojyo protests earnestly. “She looked like you!”
 
“That's supposed to make me feel better?!?”
 
“But angel, she was a dream! My dream of you, if you were a woman…”
 
“OH, AND NOW YOU WISH I WAS A WOMAN?!” Sanzo spits icily.
 
“Stop putting words in my mouth! I love you just the way you are, you know that!” Gojyo cries angrily.
 
“You have a funny way of showing it…”
 
“All right. You want me to swim the seven seas for you, is that what you want?”
 
“Urusei! Baka erogappa…”
 
Hakkai ignores them. “Goku?” he begs softly.
 
Goku answers in a daze. “She wasn't *anywhere*,” he sniffs. “And I asked at all the bars, too…
 
“The *bars*?!”
 
“Yeah. You remember, last time when we did that interview for Befanini magazine, *** she was lost behind the bar…”
 
“Bakazaru!” sneers Gojyo.
 
“Desperate, lovesick, horny water imp!”
 
“Don't forget heartbroken,” murmurs Gojyo, sliding pleading eyes to a still-indignant Sanzo.
 
“'Ch.”
 
“Fools… I'm traveling with lunatics…” sobs Hakkai. He throws his head back. “Hakuryu! Where are you, baby?” he cries.
 
 
***A/N: See Saiyuki Boys, Bared
 
 
G.
 
Dawn. Hakuryu hurries wearily back to the inn. As if she doesn't do enough babysitting for a neurotic High Priest, a provoking erogappa, and a whiny bakazaru… And lately even her Hakkai has done nothing but moan and groan about his migraines and ulcers…
 
She comes upon the exhausted ikkou: On the bed, curled up into a tight ball on his side, is Sanzo, a frown still marring his perfect face. Gojyo's limbs are wrapped fiercely around him, the kappa still sobbing and pleading in his sleep.
 
Goku is sprawled on the floor, twitching weakly, mumbling. “I won't eat you, Hakuryu, even if I starve to death… You have to come back… Sanzo would look ridiculous riding a bicycle…”
 
Hakkai begs in his sleep. “Hakuryu… Goku's just a puppy to me… really… believe me, I love you best… *sniff*…”