Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Fan Fiction ❯ Episode1: Truly,Madly,Deeply ❯ Tiny Dream ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XII. TINY DREAM/SPIRITED AWAY
 
 
In which Goku falls off a cliff, and is spirited away by the phantom-girl Shion.
 
 
A.
 
“You lost Goku *again*?!” Sanzo plants his hands on his hips. “Yare yare…”
 
“Grrr…” Hakkai clutches his stomach, feeling his ulcers act up.
 
“Actually, sweetums, I think Goku went that-a-way.” Gojyo motions down the cliff.
 
The ikkou stare down.
 
“Goku!” Hakkai calls desperately. “Gokuuuuuuu!!!!”
 
Only echoes answer him.
 
The kappa grins. “Watch this, baby,” he tells Sanzo. Gojyo turns, cups his hands, and hollers. “I LOVE YOUUUUUUU, SAAAANNNZZZOOOOO!!!”
 
Love you, Sanzo…
 
You, Sanzo…
 
Sanzo grins too. He shouts as well. “GOJYO BELONGS TO ME!!!!”
 
Belongs to me…
 
To me…
 
“SANZO AND GOJYO FOREVER `N EVER!!!”
 
N' ever… n' ever…
 
“THE KAPPA AND THE PRIEST!!!”
 
And the priest… the priest…
 
Hakkai stares at them in disbelief. And then his mild, gentle, emerald eyes narrow and harden. He outshouts them both.
 
“RETARDS!!! I QUIT!!!”
 
I quit…
 
Quit…
 
Hakkai turns his back and walks away. Sanzo and Gojyo yelp.
 
“Oi! Get back here!” Sanzo calls.
 
“Surely you mean you're ON STRIKE, Hakkai?” Gojyo begs, putting a restraining hand on the healer's shoulder.
 
“Huh.” Hakkai tilts his chin in disdain. “You two are so lost in each other, you don't even care about poor Goku…”
 
“Gomen, gomen…” Sanzo rolls his eyes. “Let's go pick up the pieces of that bakazaru…” They start their search.
 
Hakkai sniffs haughtily. “There's such a thing as an unhealthy obsession, you know…”
 
“Like going amok and killing a thousand youkai for the one you love?” Gojyo raises innocent crimson brows.
 
Hakkai sweatdrops.
 
“Touché…”
 
 
B.
 
Goku!”
 
Oi, Goku! I have a bun for you…
 
There is no sign of Goku. The mist thickens.
 
What say we split up to look for him?” asks Gojyo worriedly.
 
Demo… it's better to stick together, with the fog closing in…” Hakkai suggests uneasily.
 
Eh. Let's go back to the village at once,” Sanzo drawls.
 
Even his lover stares at the priest in disbelief.
 
Sanzo continues in a bored voice. “What can happen to him, aside from getting hungry? I just pity the poor fool who actually attempts to attack a starving Goku…”
 
“You have a point, tenshi,” murmurs Gojyo.
 
“I agree… it would be more dangerous to continue wandering around in this fog…” Hakkai casts fearful glances all around.
 
“Besides,” Sanzo adds, as the ikkou retrace their path to the village, “we still have the flyers from last time, ne? If he still hasn't shown up tomorrow, we could post them up…”
 
Hakkai glares.
 
“AND send a search party, of course,” amends Sanzo.
 
Hakkai glares, and sulks.
 
“AND search ourselves, too…” Gojyo finishes.
 
Hakkai is satisfied.
 
“Don't worry so!” Sanzo scolds. “Goku is a big boy! He can take care of himself.”
 
“It's true, Hakkai,” Gojyo consoles the distraught healer.
 
“Demo… I just worry about him getting hungry…” Hakkai frets like the mother hen that he is.
 
“'Ch.” Sanzo lights a smoke. “You *spoil* him, that's why…”
 
“But Goku is so kawaii! Like the puppy I never had…”
 
“Don't ever let him hear you say that.”
 
“I know, I know…”
 
 
C.
 
Shion lures Goku to the festival-illusion-marketplace. “Your friends are waiting…
 
Goku spies three cool-looking figures. He runs. “Sanzo!!!” He stops short. Sanzo is… *smiling*? His eyes narrow suspiciously. “They're *not* my friends!” he shoots Shion an accusing glare.
 
Of course we are…
 
Don't make us worry…
 
You hungry, Goku?
 
Goku falters. And then…
 
A sexy lady passes by, but Gojyo doesn't stir an inch. Instead, he lights a cigarette with a bored face. Goku raises his eyebrows.
 
But Sanzo shrinks back and whips out the harisen, fanning the smoke away fastidiously, nose wrinkled delicately… Goku's eyes pop.
 
And Hakkai turns with a leer and gleefully pinches the lady's bottom.
 
Goku gasps. He points a shaking finger. “IMPOSTORS!!!”
 
Shion snaps her fingers. “Darn it! I was so close…”