Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson ties ❯ Midnight Visitor ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Hakkai sighed as he flipped a page in his book and looked out towards his window. The sun was setting, painting the sky with blood red and light pink colors. It had been a month since he had moved into his new home. The mansion was far too big for his taste. Still, it wasn't like he could go back to his old apartment either. Jiroshien had told him that his grandmother had let all her servants go with good references. He offered to hire new ones but Hakkai refused politely as was his fashion. All he really wanted was to be left alone.
 
He stretched, laying his book to the side. He got up from his chair and meandered over to the window. He watched the sky fade to a pale lavender twilight. Hakkai gently traced the image of the Big Dipper. Most of his days were spent in silence in a library he took refuge in.
 
After not finding any release in the evening sky, he took an early dinner and went to bed. He knew he wouldn't sleep well but it wasn't like there was anything else to do. He slipped into a quiet slumber, the bright moon shining down on his prone form.
 
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
 
Sanzo smiled softly to himself as he unlocked the door to the mansion. He waltzed as if owned the place. He walked through the house slowly, steering clear of anything that could fall over and make noise. He didn't want to wake up Marie's grandchild.
 
Sanzo grinned malignantly at the thought. All he would have to do is creep up to their bedroom and… Sanzo laughed at the thought. Ever since he had found out that Marie was dead, he had been waiting for this moment. No, hungering for it. He snickered to himself at the thought of looming over Marie's grandchild. The thought of hearing them scream thoroughly at the sight of him and he would gladly admit that it made him perk a little thinking about it.
 
He stalked up the stairs and laughed inwardly. Marie hadn't changed a single thing about this house. It was just as it had been when he left the last time. And that had been years ago. Now he was finally going to give that old hag exactly what she deserved. He grinned in the dark as he peeked into one of the bedrooms. He searched, cursing when he didn't find what he was looking for.
 
He opened the door to one room and smiled at what he found. Bathed in moonlight and sleeping was the object of his searching. Short brown hair was seen from his spot at the door as was the slight rise and fall of a sleeping form. Sanzo smirked as he crept into the room. He moved closer to the bed and gazed at the oblivious dreamer. Such beautiful pale skin and soft looking hands. Sanzo rejoiced to Marie. This was such a lovely granddaughter that Marie left alone and defenseless. Oh what immense joy. He leaned down toward the dreamer and inhaled deeply. Not exactly a feminine scent but some females were like that. He bumped his nose to the grandchild's neck and opened his mouth wide. A twin pair of fangs glistened ominously in the moonlight.
 
38383838383838383838383838383838383838383838
 
Hakkai felt a warm brush of air against his neck. He opened his eyes to slits, sleep still clinging to him. The first thing he saw was a dark shape covering him. He looked up and gaped in horror at the fanged intruder hovering inches above his neck.
 
“What are you doing?!” he cried, showing the intruder back into the wall as he flipped on a nearby lamp.
 
The room was bathed in an artificial, golden light. Hakkai stared at the man before him. He looked to be in his early twenties and he was dressed in jeans and a black leather jacket. The man glared up at him with angry violet eyes. The glare softened into a look of complete shock. His eye twitched slightly and a vein started to bulge on his head.
 
“You're a man!” Sanzo yelled at the guy on the bed.
 
Who did this guy think he was? He needed to find Marie's grandchild. Unless…. There was no way that Sanzo could believe that this man before him was indeed Marie's grandchild. He stood up and stalked over to the man. He lifted his chin up to look him in the eyes. Hakkai let out a deep breath before he spoke.
“When last I checked, I was a man. But what that has to do with anything, I will probably never know.” Hakkai calmly expressed to the man.
“Simply this. Why did Marie leave everything to a grandson? Marie should've left it all to a granddaughter. What's your excuse, boy?” Sanzo snarled at him, before he turned away.
“Hakkai.”
 
Sanzo looked back at him and raised an eyebrow. He turned around, glaring at the young man.
 
“What?” he hissed, crossing his arms over his chest.
“It's Hakkai. Not boy.” He stated simply, brushing himself off.
“Whatever. It doesn't make a bit of difference to me. I can't believe you did this to me, Marie!!!! I'll get you for this, even if I have to go down and drag you from Hell myself!!!!” Sanzo screamed, throwing his fist into the wall as hard as he can.
 
He extracted his fist, smiling at the gaping hole that met his eyes. Sanzo turned back to Hakkai and gave him a once over. His eyes trailed down Hakkai's torso, then back up. He walked around to his back and nodded his head. He returned to the front and frowned at him. He reached out and pulled his shirt to the side of his neck. Hakkai swallowed, slowly pushing the man's hand away.
 
“What are you hiding, child?” Sanzo smirked at Hakkai, amused at him.
“I'm not hiding anything. I… I don't really like to be touched by complete strangers.” He smiled, looking up at Sanzo.
 
Sanzo's frown grew as he stared at him. He sniffed lightly, freezing at the smell that invaded his senses. He recognized that smell and it shocked him. He ran a hand through his hair and glanced over him again. His eyes widened slightly in response.
 
“…I understand now. Damn you, Marie. …It seems as if you were meant to take over the `family business.' It's no skin off my nose, just a lot of hard work on my behalf. It looks like we'll be working together. How irksome. Well come on… We can't be wasting time here.” Sanzo sighed, moving toward the door.
 
“What? What are you talking about? Family Business? And how in the devil do you know my grandmother?!” Hakkai shouted at him, flabbergasted at the whole situation.
 
Sanzo smirked, turning back to him. He placed a hand on his cheek and stroked it gently. He then, took Hakkai's hand and turned it over so that his palm was facing him. Hakkai looked at him, bewildered at Sanzo's actions. That when he the sound of something slicing across his wrist and the pain that came with it caused him to cry out in surprise. He looked down to see Sanzo lapping at the blood flowing freely from his open wound. Sanzo backed off and sliced his own wrist. He put it to Hakkai's lips, expecting him to drink up the blood.
 
Hakkai adamantly refused the wrist, pushing it away. Sanzo forced Hakkai's head back and let the blood drip in his mouth. He tilted Hakkai's head back so that he would swallow the blood. Hakkai coughed as the blood ran down his throat, trying to struggle from Sanzo's grip at the same time. He felt himself drop to the floor, shuddering in violent fits of coughing. He was doubled over and gasping for breathe when Sanzo knelt down beside him. He lifted Hakkai's head and body gently from the ground. Sanzo supported Hakkai as he tilted Hakkai's head backwards. Hakkai's eyes widened in surprise as he watched soft lips descend against his own, a tongue mingling with his own. He tasted blood, everywhere before they parted. Hakkai didn't understand what was going on but he was losing a battle of consciousness. He lost, succumbing to the dark oblivion that was eager to claim him.
 
Sanzo lifted him up and laid him gently on the bed. He brushed the dark bangs away from Hakkai's face. He smiled softly to himself before departing from the room and house. As he walked in the darkness, he rummaged through his pockets. He found a cigarette and lit up. He inhaled and blew out a thin stream of smoke . His lips curved into a grimace as he growled loudly into the night.
 
“Damn. I was hoping that the old hag wouldn't find a successor. Shit. I doubt that the brat will live in that palace longer than the intended time before getting rid of it. He doesn't seem like the type that enjoys money.” Sanzo said aloud into the warm spring night.
He took another drag before chuckling softly to himself and flicking the butt to the side and crushing it under his heel.
 
“Oh well… At least he's a halfway decent kisser… But I still want to brush my tongue. Bleh!” Sanzo snorted before sticking his tongue out in response.