Gintama Fan Fiction ❯ salarymen go to heaven ❯ part 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

My people are still working on it.
 
 
* * Part Thirteen: Which is Considered an Unlucky Number Because of a Very Old Legend Concerning the Knights Templar * *
 
 
He lay beneath her and inside her, every breath pushing against her body. Okita's ribs hurt, yellowish bruises from this Thursday aching distantly. His crotch felt too hot and too wet while his hands felt cold and stiff, as if they were the hands of a corpse. But he couldn't mind it seriously. Creeping sleepiness and satisfaction didn't want him to move and he obeyed.
 
He had his fair share of women, sure. And he couldn't honestly say this was the first time he couldn't think straight after an orgasm. But something was very different.
 
Usually, he'd want to worm out of any contact right after sex and just flip on one hip, go to sleep or head home after a fleeting promise to call the next time he felt like getting laid. Sometimes he would accept a cup of coffee, a half-serious kiss before he'd put his clothes on and walk out the door or turn up the TV, depending where the whole thing took place.
 
So why did he just want her to be heavy on his chest, push him down to remain in place, steal time for them? Why had he just kissed her neck lightly, without thinking about it? He didn't have to anymore, they were done, it was unnecessary, right?
 
Maybe it was because he hadn't gotten any in a while. That would explain it.
 
Or because she was a virgin (had been a virgin, really; that was now way past tense). And because she let him drink her blood. She let him do whatever he wanted and still she got something for herself, whatever that was, which was now keeping her lying on top of him, playing with a strand of his hair in a detached, unconscious way.
 
Maybe because she was similar.
 
“I'm cold,” sniffled Kagura in her childish voice, back to the girl she was and no longer the vampiric woman she had become for a moment.
 
“No class, China, no refinement,” he sighed, shaking his head. “You want me to get the covers, then get off.”
 
“Mmrm,” mumbled Kagura in a sleepy, protesting voice and sat up above him.
 
Okita hissed in sensory overload, reminded keenly that while women didn't physically need it, men were creatures submitted to a reasonable period of rest and relapse.
 
Kagura snickered but didn't attempt any further movement except the one absolutely necessary for her to pull her hips up and slide him out. She threw herself on her front, grabbing a pillow to her chest and stared at him. Distantly, he knew what she was looking at. He was still half hard, still very naked. “That is so cool,” she said in her turtle-observing voice.
 
“Hmm, in the end you didn't get to try it, but the master Freelancer was right. It is salty,” said Okita, pulling the covers over them. With a moment's hesitation, he rested his body next to her willowy, warm one. He fit another pillow which had ended up ruffling all of his papers during the proceedings, under his head and caught Kagura staring at him.
 
“I'm not putting it in my mouth, if that's what you're saying,” she said in indignation.
 
“You liked the fish eye,” smirked Okita.
 
“Mmf, that's totally different, that's food.”
 
“Well, there are some specialties where they cut up a monkey's-“
 
“I don't wanna hear it!” she yelled, putting hands over her ears.
 
Okita snickered and, before he could check himself, pulled her face towards his. They kissed exactly the same way: slow, lazy and thankful. Like two fat cats might on a sunny afternoon in the off chance that cats decided to kiss.
 
“What were you going to say?” inquired Kagura after a moment.
 
“What was I going to say?”
 
“You know, you started twice,” she said, blushing slightly. “…`you are so' and then you'd stop.”
 
“Hmm,” thought Okita. “You are so…” his lips went up in a mean smile, “wet and tight,” he finished, immensely enjoying the change in her face.
 
“You ignorant fuck-face!” she said and punched him in the shoulder, making it numb when the hit confused his nerves. Completely forgetting she was naked, Kagura wriggled out from the covers and sat at the table, knees spread in her usual, tomboyish position. She plunged an angry hand into the bowl of spicy snacks still there amongst the fish skeletons and last bits of rice. Okita rubbed his arm, snickering, but then got up, heaving the heavy quilt over his shoulders, and sat behind her with a leg on each side of her hips.
 
“…and also very beautiful,” he heard his voice and realised that even though the tone was customarily demeaning, inside, he meant what he said. “And you smell nice.”
 
Her back softened against him and she leaned into a kiss he pressed to her shoulder. “I wanted to ask you who gave you that plant?” she mumbled, dreamy and relaxed again.
 
Okita followed her gaze to the only speck of green life in his room. “My sister,” he said.
 
Kagura felt the tone, the same one he had used before, when he wondered about the snacks she was now eating, and she shivered.
 
“She died a couple of months ago,” said Okita, more to himself, to the empty room, than to her. “She sent me those things you are terminating.”
 
Kagura stopped chewing and looked back to the bowl, seeing it for the first time as he saw it, the last of his sister's body. “…sorry, I didn't mean to-“
 
“No, no, China,” snickered Okita. “Nobody here can eat them, they're too spicy. To tell you the truth, I'm glad to be rid of them.”
 
Kagura looked down to the half-moon shaped snack in her hand. “That's an awful thing to say,” she said quietly.
 
“Why?” asked Okita “My sister would've wanted somebody to eat them. Just having them on my table, serves no purpose, just makes me-“ he stopped awkwardly.
 
Kagura didn't push. “You must've loved her very much,” she said softly, wondering, the way only she could.
 
“Don't go discovering my soft side now, China. My hard side should've been enough,” he said, brushing a strand of her hair out of her bun and onto her back playfully.
 
“…you are a moron beyond help, SOUGO,” mumbled Kagura.
 
 
* *