Gintama Fan Fiction ❯ salarymen go to heaven ❯ part 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I have some people at gun point. Any day now and Gintama will be mine. But for the moment, I don't own it. Not yet.
Mwahahahaha (insert more evil laughter)!
 
 
* * Part Fourteen: Which is Almost Romantic * *
 
 
Kagura woke up in a room she had trouble identifying now that the sun was up. After a slight panic-attack she settled down and took in her surroundings.
 
She was warm, very warm, even though the room was cold as all hell. Next to her nose, awkwardly, was the leg of a table. If she concentrated hard enough, she could smell the rice, sauce and fish on it, drying in the cool air.
 
A pillow was caught between her limbs, just the way it usually was when she slept. The limbs felt different, though. Tired and heavy like after a good workout, but the strenuous, comfortable pain was in all the wrong places.
 
However, Kagura didn't have time to wonder about her front, knotted around a pillow. She was much more interested in the proceedings behind her. She felt hair on her neck and between her shoulder blades and soft, deep breathing of a perfectly relaxed man. Very carefully, she moved away from Okita, still asleep, and sat up to look at him.
 
He was curved on his hip, a pillow he had put under his head was now above him, on the floor, and he leaned on his shoulder, hands drawn to his chest. His face was smooth and calm and if she had to think of a word for it she would have to call it pretty. Young, graceful, maybe even expensive, but certainly pretty too. Kagura scratched the part of her back tickled by his hair and allowed her face to become soft and gentle now that he wasn't watching. If he'd only shut up once in a while, he'd be…
 
Quietly, she picked up the white shirt he had on yesterday and tied it loosely around herself. His eyes opened in tired slits of polished auburn. “…you awake, China? Get back, it's cold. What are you doing up?”
 
“You hair was tickling me,” said Kagura just to have something to say.
 
“…why are you stealing my clothes?”
 
“I was going to go take a piss, you prick,” she said.
 
“No class,” mumbled Okita and pushed his sleepy body into the cool air of autumn mornings. “Well, go on, then. Disperse,” he said and yawned.
 
“On second thought, I don't wanna go to a dirty men's bathroom,” thought Kagura out loud. “I should go find Gin-chan and go home,” she finished and waited for a reaction from him.
 
Okita shrugged as was his way and reached for his discarded pants, then, changing his mind, threw them away to lie on the other side of the narrow bed. “He'll probably be in the common room, drunk out of his head. The Shinsengumi liquor cabinets run deep.”
 
“You'd just let me go like that, cold crack of dawn and all? You wouldn't try to stop me?” shouted Kagura in indignation. “Where is my coffee? You are supposed to bring me breakfast, right? You are supposed to say something stupid and I'd giggle about it and pretend I didn't hear it, right? That's how it goes!”
 
“We had a deal for only one meal, China. I'm not feeding you again in a good, long while,” yawned Okita again.
 
“Get trampled on and die in the savannah!” screamed Kagura.
 
“Get made into crayons and die, the hell are you yelling for so early in the morning?”
 
“Get your guts blown out in a public bath so when they find you, you'll be all shrivelled up and naked! And die!”
 
“Get fucked again if you can, China!” snorted Okita.
 
“The fuck does that mean?”
 
“It means, go try find another guy who'd sleep with you!”
 
“I don't wanna! I like it this way,” she said, before she could rethink. “And I hate you!”
 
Okita paused with a smirk half-formed on his lips. “Yeah. I hate you too, China, and I like it that way just fine. Now come back to bed, I am cold and I don't want to get up.”
 
Kagura thought about it. “If you say something sweet to me.”
 
“Fine. Banana split.”
 
“…you bitch.”
 
Okita laughed and got up on his knees to plant a quick kiss on her lips. Kagura, untouched by the dessert reference, simply pointed out: “It looked bigger last night,” and nodded to his crotch.
 
Okita snorted. “In the dark it seemed you had some tits. It's amazing what lighting can do, right?”
 
“Why do you have to be mean?”
 
“I am not mean. I just am,” he whispered, gliding his hand over her neck and underneath the kimono. “It's just like you being annoying. You can't stop being annoying and neither can I stop being mean to lower life forms.”
 
“…you'd make god cry and give in his resignation if you ever met him, SOUGO,” stated Kagura flatly. Okita snickered, pulling her body closer. She didn't fight it; his hands were gentle, followed by a soft mouth and wet traces that cooled in the air. “And to think I was all caring and I didn't want to wake you up!” she sighed. “I even watched you sleep. Man, you affect people with your mental problems, SOUGO.”
 
“I wasn't sleeping,” whispered Okita. “I was listening to you breathe.”
 
 
* *
 
 
Yep, this and the blood, this is my idea of romance. This is as fluffy as I ever went. I'll go smoke a joint now to calm my nerves.
…can I say that on the internet?