Gravitation Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Crossroads ❯ Converging Roads ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Gravitation and Weiß Kreuz don't belong to me. I wish they did, but that's a whole other story. And yes, I realize that this plot has been done before, but I have feeling that its never been done in quite this way. Watch as I totally screw with the Takatori family tree! *veg*

I hope to make this series a combination of Gravi's craziness and WK angst, plus a little action. Let me know how it works! ^_^

Note: Shuichi and Maiko's mother's name isn't mentioned in the Manga (at least not that either Splash or I can tell ^_^;;), so I gave her one. It's basically for simplistic purposes, because I really don't want to keep typing out 'so-an-so's mother'. It gets quite tedious after awhile... So from here on in, she shall be known as Shindou Keiko in the Robin-verse.

In terms of timeline, it's after the Gravitation series (and after my previous fic Silent Night), and for WK, um... consider it a slight AU. ^_^;

Subsequent Obligatory Warnings: Shounen-ai (Yuki/Shuichi, Ken/Aya), angst, violence (in later parts), AU... and probably some other stuff as I get into writing this. This is also a work in progress, and I have an outline for the first 2 chapters, plus various ideas on where this fic is going, but I can't guarantee that the parts will come out in a timely fashion. I'm mostly flying blind... ^_^;

Spoilers: Well, everything in Silent Night (and all the Gravitation TV series), and for Weiß, the set up is that Omi knows that he is a Takatori, but he is not aware of Persia's true identity.


Crossroads

By: Robin Terrae


There are many roads in life, but it's when these roads meet, when one experiences the Crossroads.

And then, nothing is ever the same again.



Chapter 1: Converging Roads


The sun had dawned bright that day, and Shindou Shuichi laughed while running down the streets of Tokyo, hoping that he wasn't late enough that K would kill him. The pink haired young man doubted that the manager would, but with K, one never knew. Sometimes the long blonde haired man scared Shuichi with his attachment to guns. But mostly, Shuichi thought it for show, and tried not to think about it.

Moving swiftly, he weaved through the crowds of people. He wished that Yuki had been able to drive him in, something that his lover had started doing for him not to long ago, but he knew that the older man had a doctor's appointment that morning, and had already been gone when he had pulled his body out of the warm bed.

"K is gonna kill me." He panted to himself, glancing down at his watch and trying to move faster. He hadn't realized that he was so late, but even if Bad Luck's American manager was mad at him, that still didn't bring him down.

Shuichi couldn't remember a time in his life when everything was going as smoothly as is was now.

So absorbed in his thoughts, the young man didn't even realize that there was someone in his way until he collided with them.

"I'm sorry!" Shuichi gasped, bowing in forgiveness then looking up at the two figures in front of him.

The brown haired boy laughed, his blue-green eyes bright, "Don't worry about it!"

The taller blond haired man nodded, looking at Shuichi over the top of his sunglasses. "Yeah, Kenken here is always colliding with people."

The shorter boy turned, glaring at the taller man, "Yohji! I do not." And then, as if an after thought, "And don't call me Kenken!"

"Yes, you do." The man that Shuichi pegged as Yohji shot back, "And I'll call you anything I want."

Shuichi watched, as the little disagreement turned into an all out insult war. He listened, enthralled, as he learned words that he never thought possible, until he happened a catch a glance at his watch, and saw the time. He let out a screech of horror, before running in the direction of N-G Studios.

Yohji watched the pink haired singer leave, staring after him thoughtfully, before he turned to Ken, "Did he look familiar to you? Like someone that we know?"

Ken blinked, confused at the sudden change in the topic of the conversation, before realizing that Yohji meant the young man that had run into him, and answered slowly, "Um... no...."

"Hmm... not even Omi?"

"Well, now that you mention it..." Ken conceded, "He did have a resemblance to Omi...."

"Hmmm..."

****

Shindou Maiko sighed softly to herself as she trudged through the front door, shutting it softly behind her. Removing her shoe and leaving her bag by the door, she walked down the hall towards the living room.

"Mom! I'm home!"

Her mother appeared from the in the kitchen doorway, smiling at her daughter. "Welcome home, honey." She moved back into the kitchen, calling over her shoulder, "Dinner will be ready shortly."

Maiko nodded, before moving towards the stairs. "I'll be in my room." She called, as she climbed up the stairs, moving past various family pictures that lined the walls, before reaching the door to her room.

Pressing one hand against the door, she sighed, glancing back at the door across the hall. The door that lead to the room that used to belong to her brother. Shuichi.

To say that she didn't miss her brother would be an understatement. But she knew that he was doing ok... she had the CDs and magazines to prove it. She hated having to pretend to be one of his fans in order to get information on him, but it was the only way that she could do it without her mother finding out.

Maiko opened her bedroom door, moving into the bedroom, shutting the door tightly, and then flopping down on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. She couldn't hate her mother, but she sure as hell could hate her mother's actions.

She rolled over, glancing at the pictures that lined her dresser, staring at the smiling face of Shuichi as he had an arm flung over her shoulder. She smiled softly, as she pushed herself off of the bed, walked over to the dresser, and pulled the picture from its position, holding it up so she could stare at it.

She really wished that her mother hadn't thrown him out when she had heard the truth of the relationship between her son and the famous writer Yuki Eiri. Maiko had seen how good they had been for each other, what fleeting glances she managed to get of him in public and from the magazines.

"I miss you, Shu..." she whispered.

"Maiko! Dinner!" she heard her mother call from the bottom of the stairs.

"Coming!" Maiko yelled back, placing the picture down on the dresser.

Dinners in the Shindou household were usually quiet affairs, where Maiko would answer questions about her day and would ask her mother questions about hers. Mostly, the young girl ate her dinner in silence... the only one that made dinners fun was her brother, and he wasn't around anymore.

Suddenly the phone rang, startling Maiko out of her thoughts. Jumping up, she called, "I got it!" while diving for the phone. "Hello?" she asked into the receiver.

"Is Shindou Keiko there?" a male voice asked.

Maiko frown, not recognizing the voice, "Yes." Then she turned, "Mom, it's for you!"

Her mother came into the room, taking the phone from Maiko's outstretched hand. Smiling her thanks, Keiko held the receiver up to her ear. "This is Shindou Keiko."

Maiko left the room, heading back into the kitchen. She figured that the conversation had nothing to do with her, and decided to go back to her dinner.

"How did you get this number?" her mother's suddenly angry voice said into the phone, causing Maiko to put down her chopsticks and peek back into the room.

"No! We won't discuss this! Anything and everything ended when we did!" Keiko took a breath, "Don't you dare threaten me...!" she paused, and Maiko could see her mother go ramrod straight. "Leave my son out of this... he has nothing to do with anything that happened..."

Maiko let out the breath that she had been holding. 'Shuichi? What in the world is going on?' She heard as her mother placed the phone back down into its cradle, and made a mad dash back to the table, sitting down and trying to make it look like she had not just been eavesdropping on her mother's conversation. "So, who was it?" she asked.

Her mother smiled at her, but Maiko could tell that it was stained. "No one, honey. Just an old friend of mine." She picked up her chopsticks, "Let's finish eating, ok?"

Maiko nodded, but in the back of her mind, she was trying to work out was going on. She was going to call her brother.

****

It was late when Shuichi opened the door to the apartment that he shared with his lover. Tossing his shoes in the corner, he mused about how different life had been since Yuki had returned from New York. The writer was a lot more open with his feelings than before, and he was trying to rebuild his relationship with his family. Although it never been what it could have been, Shuichi supposed that any attempt on Yuki's part to reconnect with his family would be a welcomed one. Shuichi had even discovered that dinner with Tohma and Mika was a whole new, pleasant experience, and was stunned when Tohma commented about how different Yuki seemed now, and how it must be Shuichi's fault.

The young vocalist, trying to blend into the background during the dinner so he couldn't embarrass Yuki, had blushed and stammered, and had caused everyone to laugh, including Yuki.

It was then, that he understood what Tohma was hinting to him. Yuki was slowly starting to show the side of himself that he had hidden after the events in New York. And for that, Shuichi was happy.

He had also discovered a mothering side to Yuki that had never been there before. It was almost frightening how, during those two weeks that he had off due to his collapse, Yuki would never leave him alone for more than a couple of hours, and would make sure that the pink-haired man ate everything on his plate.

Shuichi yawned, stretching his hands high above his head, as he headed in the direction of Yuki's study. Although the writer still hated being interrupted when he wrote, he didn't mind when Shuichi came into the room while he was writing and leaned against his knees. In fact, Shuichi got the feeling that Yuki was glad that he did it, if only for his sense of peace.

Shuichi crossed silently to the door, pushing it open a crack. Indeed, there was Yuki Eiri, typing away at his laptop, glasses in place, an empty can of beer on the desktop, next to an open pack of cigarettes. Tiptoeing across the padded carpeting, Shuichi sat down on the floor, leaning his head against Yuki's legs.

For a moment, all was silent, and then Yuki reached down, running a few fingers through the hair resting by his knee.

"Your sister called, looking for you."

Shuichi tilted his head back, so that he could glance at Yuki, "Maiko? What did she want?"

Yuki shrugged, reaching out with his other hand to snag a cigarette from the pack next to his laptop. "I don't know, she wouldn't tell me."

"Hmm..." Shuichi mumbled thoughtfully, "I hope that everything is ok..."

"Call her."

"I can't." Shuichi said softly.

Yuki didn't bother to question him. Although he didn't know all the details that lead to Shuichi showing up his doorstep all those months ago, demanding a place to stay, he knew that something must have happened between him and his family. His smaller lover hardly mentioned his family, and when he did, he got this reflective, wistful look on his face.

Instead, his hand once again started its soothing motion against Shuichi's head, and Shuichi found himself relaxing into it, falling into a light doze.

Yuki glanced down at the small frame as it went limp against his leg. "Baka." He whispered softly, smiling.

****

"What?" Tsukiyono Omi asked, glancing up from his math textbook to look at the oldest member of Weiß. Kneeling on the floor in front of the coffee table, he had an excellent view of his friend as the older man kept staring at him.

"Huh?" Kudou Yohji just blinked jade eyes at the boy, confused. He shifted slightly on the couch, not quite understanding what Omi was talking about.

"You keep staring at me." The younger blond said, blinking blue eyes up at Yohji, "Is there something wrong?"

Yohji shook his head. "Sorry, bishounen. It's just that Ken and I ran into this kid on the street earlier today, and he looked a lot like you."

Omi nodded, "I see." He said.

Yohji reached out and ruffled the boy's hair. "Oh, don't worry about it. It just caught me off guard, that's all, and..." His voice trailed off, his eyes landing on something lying on the coffee table next to Omi's stack of schoolbooks.

The boy blinked, confused as to why Yohji suddenly stopped, letting his voice trail off, "And...?"

Yohji reached out, picking up an issue on the latest entertainment magazine, pointing to one of the faces on the front cover. "This is him!"

Hidaka Ken chose that moment to enter the room, followed very closely by Fujimiya Aya. "Who?" Ken asked, watching Yohji as he pointed to the cover.

"That kid that ran into you today." Yohji explained, titling his head slightly to look at the younger man.

Ken reached out, grabbing the magazine from Yohji's hands, pulling it closer for a better look. Aya peered over his shoulder, "Shindou Shuichi." The redhead stated, and then nodded, " I can see some resemblance."

Ken already had the magazine opened and was flipping through the pages, looking for the appropriate article, "It says here that he's the vocalist for Bad Luck."

Omi's eyes widened, "Him?" he asked, "I look nothing like him!"

"What's Bad Luck?" Yohji asked.

"A new band." Omi answered, "A lot of people say that they could get to be as big as Nittle Grasper." He shrugged, "I've heard a few of their songs, they aren't bad."

"Hmmm..." Aya glanced at Omi then back at the picture on the paper. Ken did the same, glancing up from the picture, to his friend, and then back down again.

"Guys, stop that!" Omi cried, blushing under the scrutiny of his teammates. Ken had taken the magazine and had begun to hold it in the air, twisting it at weird angles, while still staring at Omi.

"Fine." Yohji stated, and Omi was about to let out a breath of relief, but Yohji added, "but I still think that you look like him." with Ken and Aya nodding their agreement.

Omi just fumed, gathering his books, and heading up to his room. He dumped his books on his desk, and glanced over at his CD collection. Walking over, he glanced through the titles, looking for one in particular, and pulling it out. He stared at the cover, before glancing at his face in the mirror. "There's just no way..." he whispered to himself, before glancing back down at the cover of Bad Luck's first single, Shindou Shuichi's smiling face staring back up at him.

Glancing back up at the mirror, Omi's eyes landed on the computer that sat in the desk behind him. Turning slightly, and idea formed in the back of his mind. Smiling, he sat down at the keyboard. "Here." He whispered confidently to himself, "This will show them."


TBC...

I think that I'm going to like this fic. A lot. ^_^ *veg*

Let me know what you guys think! Lot's of comments and such might kick the muses into working... *glances at muses, who are lazing around Robin's psyche* I hope.