Gravitation Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Crossroads ❯ Intersections ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
You know, the one worry I have when writing fan fics is that I will write the character horribly OOC... and from people have been telling me, I don't think I have that problem with the Gravitation characters. As for the Weiß boys, well, keep in mind that I have only seen the first 5 episodes of the TV series. Most of their characterizations are being gleamed off of various fan fics that I've read. As for Aya, he is currently involved with Ken, and won't be the ice block as long as Ken is in the room. As for when he's not... well, that's a whole other story entirely. ^_-

Gravitation and Weiß Kreuz do not belong to me... no matter how much I would love to have Aya, Ken, Shuichi, and Yuki tied up on my bed right now... So, please, don't sue me. If you do, all you'll get is my loans anyway... Of course, if you *want* to pay them off, then go right ahead. I won't complain.

Remember kiddies: Angst is our friend... oh, and writing with a mixture of Gravitation/Weiß Kreuz music gets my lazy ass muses off of their butts. ^_^


Crossroads

By: Robin Terrae


There are many roads in life, but it's when these roads meet, when one experiences the Crossroads.

And then, nothing is ever the same again.



Chapter 2: Intersections


"Is this the target?" The man with red-orange hair asked, picking up the picture from the manila folder that lay open on the table in front of him.

Brown eyes looked over the frames of the older man's glasses, meeting the green of his companion. "Yes."

"Why the hell does the old guy want us to go after him?"

"I wasn't given all the details."

"Hmm...." The younger man rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "You know, I could always scan his mind..."

"No."

"Oh, come on, Crawford! Where's your sense of humor?"

Crawford stared hard at the younger man, "Am I to assume you forget about the golf club already, Schuldich?" He watched in satisfaction as his companion visibly winced. Continuing onto the subject at hand, he said, "Nagi is getting us the rest of the information that we need."

Schuldich nodded, "And when are we carrying out the mission?"

"Tonight, if Nagi is able to obtain what we need."

"And what about Farfello?"

"Staying here." Was the curt reply.

'And drugged out of his mind.' "I still wonder what the hell old creepy would want with such a young kid... we're only supposed to grab him? Nothing else?"

Crawford angrily snapped the newspaper he was holding, "If you had been paying attention when I described the mission to you, we wouldn't be having this conversation, now would we?"

"Jeeze, Crawford, get that stick out of your ass will you?" The German telepath snapped at the American.

Crawford ignored him, going back to his paper. Schuldich picked up the picture from where he had thrown it back on the table, and stared at the image, staring right into the images wide violet eyes, "I wonder what the hell you did, kid." He whispered, before throwing the picture back into the folder and walking out of the room.

****

Tsukiyono Omi sighed, adjusting the hold on his book bag, as he walked down the street towards the Koneko no Sume Ie. He couldn't wait for the day when he could finally graduate school, and not have his life filled with the meaningless drivel that seemed to fill up his classmates' lives.

It wasn't that he didn't enjoy the chance to be normal... to do normal things that any boy his age should want to do, but it was in the company of those same people that Omi felt trapped and alone. He believed that it was a double-edged sword. On one hand, he wanted to be like those his age, but another part of him knew that that could never be possible. Life had been far too cruel to him for that.

He was an assassin. He killed on a regular basis. He had seen more death than the girl next to him in his class would see in over a thousand lifetimes. He couldn't understand how he was supposed to associate with those he couldn't relate to. Omi knew that the only place that he would ever feel at ease at was among his fellow assassins, among his fellow members of Weiß.

He ran a small hand through his blond hair. He had stayed up late the night before, checking through the records on one Shindou Shuichi on the off chance that maybe his friends were onto something, but all the records came through clean. Although he wouldn't normally like to entertain notions of such grandeur, his interest was indeed grabbed by the fact that Yohji and Ken had agreed to the striking resemblance. Hell, even Aya agreed, and that had been the clincher.

Omi let his thoughts stray to the red-haired assassin for a moment. Although not the most social of people, Omi had to admit that Aya was an important part of their little family. Always the voice of cold-hearted reason, he provided the stable ground that they others based their footing. If having to give Aya a role using conventional family terms, Omi supposed that he would have to give Aya the title of 'mother'.

Omi snorted softly, he never, ever say it to the katana wielding assassin's face (for fear of being 'SHI-NE'd'), but it was true; Aya did fit the long-held idea of a mother. 'And if Aya-kun is the mother, I guess that makes Ken-kun the dad.' He reflected to himself. 'And Yohji-kun as the uncle who never goes away.' He added, laughing softly.

"I'm home!" he called, opening to door to the flower shop. Almost immediately, the girls that had flocked around Ken and Aya turned towards to him. It was almost comical to watch their heads all turn as one and their eyes go wide as they fixated on him. Omi would've started laughing too, if he hadn't suddenly been under siege by the girls. He tried to worm and push his way through the group, hoping to at least put his school bag down and change his clothes before starting his late afternoon shift, but it looked like it wasn't going to happen.

"Girls! Come on, let the bishounen through!" Yohji suddenly appeared at his side, pulling on his arm, subtly herding him through the throng of girls, while pulling said girls' attention onto himself. As soon as he was clear, Omi flashed Yohji a grin before hurrying towards the private area of the shop. The older blond winked at him, and then turned all his attention back onto the girls crowding around him. The last thing Omi heard before he entered the back room was Aya's voice that had risen above the din of the girls' voices.

"If you're not buying something, get out!"

It was nice to see that some things never changed.

****

Shuichi sighed contently, as he hung off Yuki's arm on their way back to the apartment. Tonight had been a special celebratory dinner, in remembrance of all that both he and Yuki had gone through to get to where they were today.

Yuki stared down at the pink head of his younger lover, watching as Shuichi pushed himself closer to his body. Although, not easy, especially for one so used to keeping everything inside and everyone he met at a distance, Yuki was beginning to discover the rewards for allowing the singer to see the parts of himself that he kept the furthest away.

At that moment, Yuki prayed to long forgotten gods that he believed had forsaken him long ago in New York that Shuichi would never change. That he would forever remain the happy, hyperactive person that he was now.

Reaching the apartment, Yuki started to reach into his pocket for his keys, and was about to ask Shuichi if he had his spare set when he couldn't find his own, when he heard a jingling noise. Glancing down, he met the laughing, joking violet eyes of his lover. He raised one eyebrow questionably.

"Couldn't wait," was the only answer he got.

"You couldn't wait, huh?" Yuki repeated, reaching down to grab Shuichi in his arms. Violet eyes stared up at him, trying to look scared, but failing miserably. Yuki leaned down so that his mouth was right next to one of Shuichi's ears, "What happens when I say that I couldn't wait to do this?"

Shuichi looked up at Yuki, staring into golden orbs, opening his mouth to ask his boyfriend what he was talking about, when he suddenly felt it. A soft, questionable touch near his ribs, probing his skin as if looking for something. 'What?' Shuichi thought, before realizing a split second too late exactly what Yuki was trying to do. He started squirming, trying to get away from Yuki's fingers, but they found exactly what they were looking for.

"YUKI!" he cried suddenly, laughing, "Stop it!" He tried to squirm some more, but Yuki had him pinned quite tightly against the door. "That's tickles!" he gasped, laughing while trying to force air into his lungs.

"That's the point." Yuki answered, before capturing Shuichi's lip with his own. Shuichi's eyes widened in surprise, before he closed them, pressing his body against Yuki's, deepening the kiss. For a moment, everything was silent, and then they broke away from each, breathing heavily.

Yuki leaned his forehead against Shuichi's for a moment, staring into half lidded violet eyes, before gently gabbing the younger man's hand in his and pulling him towards the door. "Come on." He whispered.

Shuichi giggled, allowing Yuki to pull him into the apartment and towards the bedroom. Clothes where shed in their way through the living room, and so occupied as they were with each other, neither bothered to glance over at their answering machine. If they had, they would have seen a little red light blinking incessantly at them.

****

Maiko sighed, staring out her window and off into the city. She glanced down at her cell phone and then back out the window. 'Where the hell is he?' she thought to herself. She had called his cell, N-G Studios (where she had been informed that he had left for the day), and the apartment that he shared with Yuki. She knew that Shuichi had to at least get one of her messages, since she had left it with her brother's lover.

Yuki Eiri. Maiko sighed again, running her hand through shoulder length locks. Although having been a fan of the writer's since the very first book he had written, Maiko had to admit that she didn't know any more about him then what the little 'about-the-author' blurb said about him on the inside jacket of the back cover.

She would have to be an idiot, although, not to see how her brother's presence affected his writing. Having been a fan from the start, she could remember where the stories were of young women falling in love with the hero, a sex scene, and then the heroine would die some disastrous, drawn out, painful death. Now though, the young woman usually survived at least three-fourths of the way through, and sometimes her death was quick and painless.

In the last book the heroine had actually lived.

And when she had spoken to him earlier on the phone, he hadn't sounded like the jaded young man she had seen on various interview on the TV stations. In fact, he had sounded normal. Maiko wondered if it was her brother that had caused the subtle changes in Yuki Eiri.

Although Shuichi never understood it, the young singer seemed to have this ability to draw people to him, even the most difficult people, and cause them to change, to become better then they originally were. She had seen it in school, when Shuichi had taken Nakano Hiroshi, then a social outcast and 'geek', and had befriended him. The friendship had blossomed when they both discovered a mutual love and appreciation of music, and Hiro had shortly become Shuichi's best friend.

And now Shuichi and Hiro had gone and done what they had only dreamed about, created a band, and were creating music that the people of Tokyo seemed to love.

Wait a minute..." she whispered to herself, "I'll call Hiro! He must know where Shuichi is!" She turned from the window, glancing around the room. "Great." She berated herself, 'Where the heck did I leave that stupid book?" She crossed the bedroom, heading towards her desk, opening two drawers and digging through them frantically, before finding what she wanted.

Some part of her mind told her that she was over-reacting, but a larger part of her mind told that she wasn't. Her mother had begun acting very differently after the mysterious phone call, and all attempts of Maiko's to get any information about it from her mother were only met with a look which clearly said 'don't ask me again.' Maiko wondered what the phone call had been about, but she could tell her mother was frightened, so she allowed the topic to drop.

As soon as dinner was over, her mother had left, telling her that she had an errand to run and that she would be back late. Maiko had bitten her lip to ask where she was going, instead taking the moment to try and call her brother.

Something about the way her mother had mentioned her brother to the caller caused her to be suddenly frightened for him.

Sinking the floor to sit on her knees, Maiko began to flip through the book, till she found what she wanted. Letting out a noise of triumph, she dialed the number, hitting the send button, and then pressing the phone against her ear.

"Come on. Come on." She whispered frantically, "Please be home."

****

Nakano Hiroshi pushed a lock of his brown hair out of his face as he leaned over his guitar. He strummed a few chords, listening to its tones, before reaching up and turning the tuning knobs. He strummed another chord, and nodded, satisfied.

He was just about to start practicing the newest arrangement on Bad Luck's newest single that Suguru had worked out when the phone rang. He reached over, grabbing his cordless from its stand, and hit the talk button. "Yo."

"Hiro-kun? It's Maiko."

Hiro sat up straighter at the sound of his best friend's younger sister's voice. "Maiko-chan? What's up?"

"Hiro-kun, I was wondering if you've seen my brother today? It's kind of important."

"Shuichi? Well, he was at rehearsal today, and then I think he said something about dinner with Yuki-san." Hiro took his guitar off, placing it next to him on the floor. "Why? What happened?"

"I'm not quite sure." Maiko began softly, "I might be over reacting or something."

"Maiko-chan, you've always been a good judge, what's going on?"

He heard her sigh over the line, before taking a deep breath, "Mom received a strange phone call today during dinner, and she said something about the caller to not threaten her and to leave her son out of this."

"'Leave her son out of this'?" Hiro repeated.

"Yeah, and then she said something about ' he has nothing to do with anything that happened'... Unless there's another son that Mom has never told us about, she has to be talking about Shuichi."

"Hmm..."

"And when I answered the phone, I didn't recognize the voice." Maiko paused, "Hiro-kun, I'm worried. Mom left after dinner, and wouldn't tell me what who was on the phone or where she was going."

"I see."

"You should have seen her. I've never seen her so frightened before." Maiko sighed again, and Hiro could feel the tension in Maiko's voice. "I'm worried that something's going to happen to Shuichi."

"Maiko-chan, don't worry." Hiro said, comfortably, "He's with Yuki. Nothing will happen."

"I know." Maiko responded, softy, "But I worry, you know? Ever since Mom threw him out because of his relationship with Yuki... I'm just afraid something's going to happen to him, you know?"

"Yeah, I know." Hiro sighed, once again pushing a lock of hair out of his brown eyes. "How about I try calling and talking to him?"

"I left messages though!"

"Maiko-chan, this is Shuichi we're talking about... he's not the best at checking his messages. As with Yuki-san, well, it could be that Shuichi just got him distracted. Let me try calling him, and see what's going on, ok?"

"Yeah, I guess. You have my cell number, right?"

"Um... yeah, I think so. Give me a minute." Hiro reached up and grabbed the book that rested next to the cradle for the phone. Flipping through the pages, he found the one entry that he was looking for, "Yup, right here. I'll call you right after I hear anything, ok?"

"Sure." There was a pause, before Maiko added, "Thanks, Hiro-kun."

"Not a problem, Maiko-chan. Anything for you. Ja."

"Ja."

Hiro pushed the off button, staring at the phone for a couple of minutes. He wondered if Maiko was worry about it too much, but he knew Maiko and knew that she wasn't the type to get this worked up over something if it was nothing.

He sighed, pressing the numbers, and holding the receiver to his ear, listening to it ring over the other end.

****

Shuichi blinked in the darkness. He didn't know what had suddenly woken him up. Rolling over, he stared up at the face of his lover. Smiling gently, he reached up a hand and gently ran it over Yuki's check, lingering on the smooth feel of the skin under his fingertips.

His reverie was broken, however, by the shrill ringing of the phone. Glancing once more at his slumbering lover, Shuichi slowly eased himself out of bed, making sure to grab a pair of boxers and a t-shirt before walking down the hallway towards the living room.

"Ow! Damn it!" the pink haired young man whispered as he stubbed his toe. Hissing under his breath, Shuichi reached for the phone, and was just about to pick it up, when he heard a slight noise. Raising his head, Shuichi glanced around the room, but saw nothing,

He shrugged it off as a result of an overactive imagination, before reaching once again for the phone.

"Are you Shindou Shuichi?" a voice asked from the darkness, and Shuichi went still, the phone sliding through lax fingers, falling from his fingers and bouncing, finally coming to rest under a far table.

Once again glancing around the room, Shuichi saw no one. "Who's there?"

A figure suddenly appeared in front of him, and Shuichi yelped, falling back onto his behind. He glanced up the tall figure in front of him, before slowly trying to back away, "What do you want?"

"Our employer would like to have a few words with you."

"With me?" Shuichi asked confused, continuing to back up until his back suddenly hit a table. He slowly reached behind him for the phone that he knew was there.

Eyes framed by glasses stared at him for a moment, before he turned and nodded to someone behind him. Suddenly Shuichi found himself several inches off of the ground. Panicking, the singer did the only thing that he could think of. He shrieked. Loudly.

The light switch was suddenly snapped on, bathing the room in a bright light. Yuki stood in the doorway looking at the room, and it's occupants. "What the hell...?" he trailed off, glancing from Shuichi to the others standing in the room.

"Nagi." The man with the glasses said sharply, and Shuichi suddenly found himself crashing to the floor. But he wasted no time dwelling on that fact, as he watched in open mouth horror as Yuki was thrown through the air by an invisible force, hitting the far wall hard and then sliding to the floor in a twisted prone, heap.

"YUKI!!!" Shuichi screamed, trying to make his way over towards his lover's still body, but he was seized roughly by a pair of arms that pulled him away from Yuki. He tried kicking and screaming, but it didn't work, and instead the arms tightened even more.

Yuki tried to groan, but found that he couldn't. Instead, he felt the darkness close in around him. The only thing that he was aware of was Shuichi, as the young singer screamed his name over and over, and even that was fading.

And then he knew no more.


End Chapter 2: To Be Continued

Hopefully, we will see more of the Weiß boys in the next chapter, as Keiko's mysterious errand is revealed. Yes, I'm trying to be evil, why do you ask?

And no, I have no clue why I wrote that whole Omi scene. For some reason, as I was writing this chapter, I suddenly had Omi speaking in my ear. Not that I minded (Omi: You better not have!), but it was weird, since I never really gave his character much thought. But now, I like him! ^_^