Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The war of Megazords VS Gundams! ❯ Suicidal risks. ( Chapter 20 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

PHASE TWENTY
 
 
Lacus and Kira made it the halfway point on their journey to the core, and now they were stuck again, starring five crawlspaces in front of them.
 
“Okay, Mir which way do we go now?” he asked.
 
“Enter the passage Second to your left, continue straight 15 meters, but watch out there will be a slight drop.”
 
Kira let Lacus in first, and guarded her from behind. Finally they stopped at the step slope-drop before them.
 
“Go on Lacus… you can do it.”
 
But Lacus was trembling in fear, “I'm not sure of this Kira.” She said, “I've never taken such a drop before… I don't think I can do it.”
 
Kira held his fiancée's hand, “Then WE can do it.” He said. “Lacus, you are a coordinator after all, soon you'll learn to face fear and do something brave.”
 
Lacus pecked Kira's cheek, and they both jumped down the pipe together, and not a moment too soon… or they would have been shot from behind by Takato and Henry who just came back.
 
Meanwhile
 
Murrue and Yzak found the entrance to the Barracks, and when they looked inside, they did not like what they saw.
 
“Their dying!” cried Yzak.
 
Yzak's Mother was holding her neck choking while trying to breathe. Sai's suit had run out of oxygen. Worst of all, some of the Civilians in that room were just little kids.
 
They had to get them out of there and fast.
 
Meanwhile
 
Athurun's gang was still stuck with no way to get past those guards. “We've Got to turn off that valve.” Cried Athurun, “Their Oxygen's almost gone.”
 
Suddenly, Kazui had a plan. “What if I go in first.” He said holding his stolen gun, “I'll create a distraction and hold the guards back long enough for you two to find the valve and get clear.”
 
Their eyes widened, “Kazui… that's suicide!” said Cagali.
 
“It won't matter that much.” Replied Kazui, “I'm a goner in any case. So if I'm going to die, I'd rather go as a hero than a coward.”
 
He was about to run in, when Athurun stopped him, “Hold on… I think I have an idea.” He said.
 
“To the transporter room!”
 
 
Meanwhile
 
Murrue and Kazui were still at it, trying to wedge the door open, but it was locked up pretty tight.
 
“It's not working, Admiral.” Cried Yzak as they tugged on the pipe, “We're not getting anywhere.”
 
“Keep… trying, Ensign!” groaned Murrue, “We're going to make it!”
 
“Not without us you're not.” Came a familiar voice. It was Mwu, followed by Andrew.
 
How they got out of their problem didn't matter, the point was they were there to help now.
 
“Ready… on three!” said Andrew, “THREE!!!”
 
 
They all tugged on the pipe hard, and the door did wedge open, but it wasn't enough to wedge it open all the way.
 
 
Meanwhile
 
Kira and Lacus ran down the hallway. “Okay Mir, What now?” Kira asked.
 
“You'll want to take a left…” said Mir “…and then you… Uh oh!!”
 
“Uh oh?” Asked Kira.
 
“Why would she inquire that?” added Lacus, but then they saw why. The Hallway ahead of them had crushing walls that each that went in one of all four directions.
 
Lacus hid behind Kira, frightened as a cat. “Mir… what the Hell is this?!” he asked impatiently.
 
“Mykan must have added these for emergency uses!” answered Mir.
 
“Well how are we to get through them?!” cried Lacus.
 
Mir fiddled with the controls and found that I had locked the code to stopping the mechanisms for the walls.
 
“Hey I found something…” she said. She tried the controls and the walls seemed to slow down a bit. “That's all I can do!”
 
It didn't matter even if the walls had slowed down a little, Lacus refused to move an inch towards the life threatening devices.
 
“I could handle the drop, I could handle the running from guards, but I absolutely refuse to do this!” she yelled.
 
Just then, Takato and Henry made it around the hallway, “There they are, Get them!!”
 
 
They armed their guns, but not fast enough. Kira had whipped out his pistol and shot Takato in the arm, and Henry in the chest!
 
At least one of them was down, but Lacus still refused to enter the crushing maze.
 
At least until Mr. Pink hopped out from her blouse. “Haro… Haro…”
And he hopped right into the maze barely missing the walls.
 
“Mr. Pink, come back here…!” cried Lacus as she run in after him.
 
Kira couldn't help but smirk, “Well what do you know, the little guy can be helpful.” He said to himself, as he ran in after them.
 
In almost no time, all three of them reached the other side of the maze without even a scratch on themselves.
 
“I really don't approve of Mykan's design!” said Lacus.
 
 
Takato shook himself awake, and when he saw that Henry was dead he rushed into the maze himself. “I'll get you Bastards for that!!” he yelled.
 
While up on the bridge, Mir saw him run in, “Oh no you don't!” she snickered, and turned off the Slowing system to the maze.
 
Takato made it halfway across, “I'm going to get you…!!” he yelled, his toe barley reached the outside of the maze when he was squished by on of the fast going walls.
 
His blood splattered everywhere, a good thing Kira and Lacus were already out of sight… not far from the core now.
 
Meanwhile
 
Athurun and company made it to the transporter deck, “I sure hope this works.” He said fiddling with the controls.
 
 
The two guards were still at their post, until suddenly they felt something tickling their bodies… they were disappearing.
 
The next thing they knew, they found themselves in the Hangar bay with angry Thunderzords staring them down.
 
Athurun's gang shared a good laugh as the zords began chasing them all over the place.
 
“It's the simplest things in life you treasure.” Said Kazui. He and Athurun shared a high-five, and then Kauzi went to the door to see of the coast was clear.
 
Athurun stared into Cagali's eyes, “Don't I get anything from you?” he asked playfully.
 
“Just this…” said Cagali as she threw her arms around her fiancée and kissed him hard and deeply.
 
“Uh… guys…” said Kauzi sounding a little disgusted, “Can you do that after we do our job!”
 
Athurun and Cagali snapped their Fingers, “Oh, Right… the Civilians!!”
 
The raced back to the control room, and shutdown the valve to the barracks, which stopped the Oxygen from escaping.
 
Meanwhile
 
Yzak's gang were still at the door when they noticed the pressure was normalizing.
 
As soon as the air was back to normal the door opened automatically. Even though it was really Athurun's group who saved them, the Civilians all gave Murrue and her group a round of applause.
 
Yzak saw his mother at the doorway and approached her, “Mother… are you alright?” he asked.
 
She was about to answer him when… BANG… right through the chest.
 
“MOTHER!!!” cried Yzak.
 
They looked from behind, and saw Rika who had shot Ms. Jule with her last bullet.
 
Mwu whipped out his pistol and shot her back, but it didn't matter. Yzak's mother was bleeding very badly. The crew gather in shock of their dying Commander.
 
Tears running down his face, Yzak held his mother in his arms “Mother… Please speak to me!”
 
Ms. Jule was barely able to keep her eyes open, “Y… zak!” she squeaked.
 
“Mother…?”
 
“Dry those eyes, son… it's still improper for a soldier to… to…”
 
“Shh… don't speak, Mother. save your strength.”
 
Ms. Jule had tears in her eyes too, “Son… listen to me.” She peeped. “You are not… a solider fighting for ZAFT… nor the Earth Alliance.”
 
“You… are just fighting for… for… what is right! I'm proud of you Yzak… I… Love… you… SON… Ugh!!!”
 
She shut her eyes and she stopped breathing. “Mother…!” sobbed Yzak. “NO!!!!!”
 
Some of the Civilians began to softly cry, as Yzak lay his mother's body down.
 
“Mykan…!” he growled, “I swear… I'll get Revenge for my Mother… IF IT'S THE LAST THING I EVER DO!!”