Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Another Chance ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Prologue:

Another rainy day, so many things to do but for Athrun Zala, the former husband of Cagalli Yula Athha, the leader of Orb, things are just getting worse. Starting with a migraine to signing the divorce paper that his wife issued days ago. It took him a long time to realize that once again, his all alone, no one to lean on. Everything seems shattering the day Cagalli told him that they're over. The selfish queen had given the act…

" Sir, your wife is on the line. Do you like to speak with her?" his secretary asked the president of the Zala Corporation.

"Connect the line" he yelled to his secretary. He lift the phone, " Yes Cagalli, what could I do for you?"

"Athrun" Cagalli said, "Could you meet me in the park?"

"Sure" he said, "Why not? Why don't we ask Kira and Lacus to come…"

"Is not necessary" Cagalli started to cry.

Athrun was filled with concern, "Stop crying baby" he said gently, "Do you want to go to McDonalds? Or maybe in Jollibee?" (A/N: how cheap would Athrun be?)

"No" she answered, "It's alright, just meet me in the park at seven in the evening"

"Okay babe, I love you" Athrun replied and Cagalli hanged up the phone.

Later that evening…

" God I forgot the meeting with Cagalli!" Athrun rushed at his 2004 Corolla Altis,

" Now where`s the key?!" he managed to start the engine, " Gosh! The fuel is low" he said in fury, " It'll manage `till I get to the park then I could just hop in with Cagalli" he said in himself. Poor Athrun, not knowing the cruel fate waiting for him…

In the park…

"Cagalli!" he runs towards her, " Why are you so…sad?" he asked his angel,

"Cagalli, is there something wrong?" he tries to hug her but she step backward, "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" she asked again, " You're always busy!" she shouted, "When I need you, you're coincidentally in a meeting with freaks!"

"You must understand…" he said but Cagalli continued

" Understand what? I'm always alone!" she glared at him, "Athrun Zala, I didn't married you because…you're almost everything! I married you because I love you!"

"Cagalli, you know I don't spent time much with you… but you know that I love you as well…" Athrun explained, "I love you. That's why I'm working hard, for you…for our family…"

"Family?!" she shouted in anger, "Do you call two persons a family?" she gave him a death glare, " We don't even have a single child! Plus, we live with your parents!"

" If you like, we could stay in your mansion?" he carefully asked the angry monster

" Don't you get me Athrun?" she asked him in a kind way

" Get what?"

" Athrun, we're over" she said with no emotion, "I can't bear the loneliness in my life" she said, " We're over. Sorry, Athrun, but I don't love you anymore"

Athrun was speechless. For the first time in his life, he felt a part of him was taken…his heart and his soul.

Cagalli threw a portfolio and a pen, " Sign the document…the papers for our divorcement" she walked to Athrun, " That's the least you could do for me if you truly love me…"

" Yeah…" he signed the papers and gave it to Cagalli

" I hope you understand…" she said softly and walked away. It started raining.

At that moment, Athrun was again free. Free against Cagalli but now he has nowhere to go. His life seems to end…

.1_-_-The beginning

As Athrun recalled the recent happenings in his life, he didn't realize that his flight was already waiting for him…

" Sir, it's time for your flight to the Philippines" Nicol reminded

" Thanks Nicol" he patted his friend's shoulders, " Let's go…

So after the flight, in the condominium…

"Athrun, are you sure of being a teacher, specifically in an all-girls school?" Nicol asked his friend

" Is there any problem with that?" Athrun countered asked him

" Well…"

" Well…?"

" Well, the lesson plan is hard to make and girls are…noisy!" Nicol reasoned out

" Nothing can't defeat a coordinator's abilities… especially girls" Athrun started to smile, " They'll be the ones who will be begging to past the quiz…" Athrun smirked evilly, "Muhahahahahahaha!!!!!!"(A/N: Does Athrun laugh like Heero whenever someone says `Kenny'?)

" Good luck Athrun" Nicol said, If he only knows that the section he'll be in is the worst in that school. I think he need a taste of his own medicine…

So in the school that Athrun will be teaching…

" Girls, please be at your best behavior towards your new and last adviser" Athrun heard a woman told the class, " I know you're class is talented and everything but please…do not play with your class adviser"

"Specially me?" a student ask

"Yes you Ms. President. For once, be a good example to your classmates" the principal commented, " Well, very well then… Mr. Zala, you may enter"

" Good morning everyone!" Athrun greeted in a cheery voice, " Thank you Ms. Principal, you may leave us now"

The principal left Good luck Athrun she said while walking away from the classroom.

" So how about some introduction? " Athrun seated in the teacher's chair, "How about the class president start, shall we…Natalie?"

The girl stood in the center aisle, " I'm Natalie, Natalie Schnaider, the class president of 6-8, the former president of the Student's Government…"

" Don't you mean, ex-president of the Student's Government, Ms. Schnaider?" a voice interfered from the crowd

" Shut up Alex!" she glared at her

" Teacher, if I may state her…what do you say…um…her…biography!" she stood in the platform.

" You have my permission" Athrun nodded to her.

" Ms. Schnaider was disqualified as the President of the Student's Government because she gave candies to the pupils in the second grade which is therefore not allowed in the student handbook" she smiled evilly to the ex-president and then continued, " Henceforth, she was disqualified because of vote buying!"

" Is it true Ms. Schnaider?" Athrun asked out of curiosity, " Is it true that you've done that act of fraud? In which in return you were disqualified?"

" Well?…um…"

" What?" he asked straightforwardly.

Then all of a sudden, the former president started to cry. She runs away.

" Your fault teach…" Alex shrugged," But don't worry, she'll come back at Science, it's her fave subject"

" Yeah…"he said reaching for a chalk, " Who could give me an example of two things, in other words, a pair?"

" Me teach!" the hyper active student, Alex shouted

" Yes Alex!" Athrun called out to his new favorite student

Alex stand, " Athrun and Cagalli" she smiled evilly, " Is it right, sir?"

" Wrong. We're officially separated" Athrun looked to his shoes, " You'll watch it directly at national television later on at 6 p.m."

" I'm sorry to hear that sir" Alex said with no tone of concern towards to his new class adviser, " So concluding, you're again single, right?"

Athrun nodded as a reply.

" My aunt is just separated and she's totally freak out " she explained, " By the way, it's her birthday at Sunday, could you come?"

" I don't know," he said with doubt, " I'll come and I could explain the Samahan activity with you on Sunday. Give me the details later on the week"

" Yes sir"

Ring! It is recess!

" See you later class" Athrun departed from the classroom before his class could

greet him. As he struggle to go to the faculty room, he thought what about what

Alex said, `You're single right?' what did she mean by that? Does it mean that I'm

all alone again in my life? What's the new purpose in my life? With whom will I share it?

.2-_- Soliloquies of the two sides

Athrun manage his way to the faculty room which there were a lot of surprises!…

" Hi Teacher Zala!" a voice sneered through the room

" I know that's you Dearka" Athrun smiled at the former soldier, " Is the gay here?"

" Who're you calling gay Zala?!" the silver haired former ZAFT soldier ask out of courtesy.

" No one" he simply chuckled lightly, "I'm just testing you how you'll react" Athrun settled in his chair, " I'd expected you won't but as they say, `you'll never know until you test them!' "

" Do you want to fight Zala?" Yzak remove his polo, " Because I'm ready. Anytime you like to die and besides, there's no one who'll mourn for you" Yzak smirked,

" And if I'm correct, you're separated with the blonde haired"

" Cagalli?" Athrun asked

" Yeah, the… Cagalli-girl, right Zala" Yzak smiled as if he won in the presidential elections

" Don't mention her name to me ever again!" Athrun run off (like a girl)

" He's totally upset Yzak" Dearka looked at his lover sternly, " You shouldn't have said that!" Dearka walk away

" Wait for me love!" Yzak run after him (A/N: This is intense relationship with the same gender!)

Wherever Athrun run off…

Why does fate hate me? He ask himself, Why does everyone notice and jokes about our broken relationship? He stop running, Why does love hurt so much that it kills you ever so slowly… he started crying, it wasn't because of Yzak's little joke but because there was no one he could lean on…Cagalli wasn't there for him to lean on, to share how Yzak sarcastically joke their relationship, the relationship they made for years but now… its strings are broken and can never be tied together again.

In Cagalli's office…

" Ms. Athha, there are still many papers for you to sign" her secretary reminded the slow motion leader of Orb

" Um…I'll just have my coffee break, I'll be back at nine!" Cagalli run off to the phone booth (A/N: Doesn't she have any phone in her office?)

I'll call Athrun she said to herself, Maybe he's still in his office.

Cagalli manage to call in Athrun's office but alas, he left for the Philippines.

Cagalli, now determine to follow Athrun for their one goal, to love someone.

Now, Cagalli is up to chase Athrun but could she do it? Could she stand strongly for the wild ride of teaching students in a notorious class (worse than Athrun's!)

Back With Athrun…

I think I'll just commit suicide he told himself, no one will care if I'm dead…

Then flash backs of Cagalli went through his mind, No! I'll be happier without her, but still… I love her!…

" Hey teach, don't you think you could do more than committing suicide?" Alex ask

" Alex, what're you doing here?" Athrun climb down from the window

" Teach, its almost Science and I think that's still your subject right?"

" Thanks for reminding me" Athrun remembered the time he planned to let the Justice explode with him but Cagalli stopped him (A/N: This is episode 50, A never ending tomorrow, Right?) Cagalli he said to himself, I still love you no matter what happens… Athrun went to his class to start a new lesson.

* Hey people!

I hope you like the prologue and first two chapters. I'm still thinking of what exactly Cagalli will do but no need to worry, I'll give off the third chapters right away. Please don't forget to review, you could send it directly to my e-mail!

Thanks,

Kade Azrael Haro