Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Choices ❯ Archangel ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

az: Hehe... and I still hadn't updated Honey Crackers... and it passed their bday too! hahaha... ideas are dried currently... this came out almost complete b4 i even had any ideas about the DM chapter for Honey and my secret project... ? o sagashite... lol...  


Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Seed or Gundam Seed Destiny nor did I own the tankoubons or the anime. Original ideas are copyrights of Hajime Yatate-sensei and Yoshiyuki Tomino-sama. No infringements are intended and no grudge was held during this production. I'd be rich if I dare say I own all of the animes that I made fics from; of which, I'M NOT! This fic will become AU starting the events on episode 30.  
Choices Archangel Written by Yami Azzie @ Izumi Ishtar

First, you must decide. Then you must follow through...

I believe that's the only way you can get anything accomplished.

XXX

But then...

how would we know if that choice we made were correct?

will we be able to look back later and said...

That we did make a correct choice...?

Kira glanced outside the window as he saw the dark waters that surrounded the Archangel where the ship lay still at the bottom of the Atlantic sea. He sighed quietly as he thought of all the events that have happened and wondered if it would be okay again. He smiled softly as he remembered that old incident where he had been crying at this same place and met up with Lacus. Strange to think that Kira that time... and Kira now was no more the same.

He snickered at this, sarcastically as he thought of the events that had happened and how, some time ago... Amagi and the rest of the Orb soldiers had saluted at him. He was not accustomed to such honour... or to have the privilege to being called Kira-sama by the Orb military. True, he was Cagalli's brother... but he had never took any real position in Orb... until now. Even if before, he had been raised to the rank of an Ensign during the time they were EA soldiers... he had always been 'the coordinator' by those EA commanders. How things has changed...

Kira looked back towards the sea as he watched a couple of dolphins passes by. He sighed again.

The last war had already taken a lot of lives. So much destruction... so much sorrow. And now...

Will we able to stop the same tragedy from repeating again now? Will we able to dissolve the hatred which was the fuel that started this war?

Kira groaned as his thoughts wondered to his one friend who had made a different choice from them. He thought of the last meeting where he, Cagalli and Miriallia met him. He remembered the last look he gave the falling gundam as he disarmed Saviour completely...

Athrun... you baka! Your stupid decisions made me want to cry myself!

Of which, Kira didn't cry. But yet, he heard a distant sound of someone crying... and seeming that Lacus was not here and Miriallia had no reason to cry, there can be only one person who was the owner of that voice. And his heart felt torn that he still couldn't ease her sorrows.

Kira slowly walked towards the corridors as he followed the sounds of sobbing...

XXX

Athrun stared blankly at the walls of his own room as he wondered about everything that had happened.

But, Cagalli is crying right now. She didn't want this to happen and she's crying! Why can't you realize that?--!

Athrun immediately shifted his weight to his side as he lay in that position on the bed. His heart started to ache as he thought of all the times he spent with Kira, Lacus... his newfound friends onboard Archangel. And Cagalli...

When wasn't there a moment where he had at least once thought of her well being. Or worrying whether or not, she and her twin brother cum his best friend, will be safe from harm. He had thought of fighting alone in order for them not to get involved in this new war. But fate wasn't kind, isn't it?

Both of them took again their arms and entered this same war in order to protect everything that they have fought for in the last war. Even at the expense of their sorrows. Kira's sorrow... more specifically. He had still remembered the lad's words after the war. The thought of Kira contemplating the reason of why he ended up surviving while others lost their lives... pained him. It hurts to see your own best friend, who was like your own family tore himself like that. Thankfully... Lacus was with Kira. If not... he wondered what could have happened.

By the way... what happened to Lacus? All this time, it was Cagalli and Kira who had been on action. What of her? Or does this has something to do about the fact that it might endanger her safety, or the fact that Mia was up there in PLANT still taking her role at impersonating her?

All in all... I really hope they were all safe...., thought Athrun as he fell into a troubled sleep...

XXX

'Cagalli...? You're alright?', asked Kira cautiously as the sobbings stopped. He entered the room as he sat beside her on the bed. Cagalli hastily wiped her tears as she pulled a weak smile. 'No... and I'm not CRYING, you idiot! Go back to sleep...', she said as Kira wrapped his arm around her. Cagalli shifted uncomfortably as Kira shrugged in defeat.

'Don't lie... I know you were thinking of him again. I did... just now.', Cagalli looked up towards him as she mouthed her apologies. 'Kira... gomen, I just didn't want you to worry...'

Kira just shrugged her reply and looked away in daze. And slowly, he started to speak.

'Cagalli... did we choose the right decisions? Ever thought that we should be doing something differently right now, or that there's something we missed..?'

Cagalli glanced at him strangely as Kira shook his head at her. 'Never mind... I was only wondering. With Lacus and Andy not here... I kept feeling worried about them..', said Kira as Cagalli elbowed her twin. 'And I thought I was in it bad! Never thought you'd be in the same ditch--', she cried as she tackled him to the floor. 'If you're so worried that she might run off with another man... you should have asked to be her new fiance!', she added as Kira looked at her in horror.

'Cagalli! You're bad, you know...', he said, blushing as he looked away, 'I'm not thinking like that. Just... worried about her safety, that's all.'

Cagalli smiled as she hugged him affectionately. 'She's on Eternal, right? Don't worry...'

'Yeah...you're right--', said Kira as she glanced at her. 'And Cagalli... give me that ring Athrun gave you...' Cagalli looked at him, surprised as she cried. 'Why?', she gasped as Kira held out his hand. 'As long as you wear that, you will never be able to stay calm. Don't worry... I'll take good care of it. Just that, I don't like to see your sad looks again...', he explained as Cagalli sighed and gave him the ring.

'But make sure NOTHING happened to it while you're keeping it! Or else... I'm gonna convince mum to immediately make you propose to Lacus the moment this war ends! And YOU have to pay for my new wedding ring and everything...', she said mischievously as Kira chuckled.

'Like you dared...', he quipped as he threw a pillow at her...

XXX

Kira crept stealthily around the hatch as he eyed the new Mobile Armour that Morgen Roete had made for Archangel a year ago. Though, at first... it wasn't meant to be used in a war. None of these new Orb weaponry were. They're only meant as a last resort to protect Orb's ideals...

Kira glanced back towards the new MA. The Neo Skygrasper X01A. A two-pilot mobile armor that still maintained the previous designs and has now been equipped with several new weaponry.

He nodded to himself as he finished checking the craft and went back to his laptop. And it seemed that PLANT had returned in the limelight in action. That Chairman Dullindal was doing something unexpected again. Good... as I was thinking along those lines...

Satisfied of this new development, he quietly went back into his chambers as Murdoc walked in and wondered why he was there so late at night...

XXX

'Preparing to engage...', barked Murrue as Archangel started to lift from the seabed. But suddenly an alarm broke as red lights went on throughout the ship. Captain Ramius shifted on her seat as she wondered what happened. 'Petty Officer Pal, report!', she barked again as the man cried. 'One of the launch gates were opened, I'm scanning what--', he said before gasping. 'Captain! One of the Neo Skygraspers were launching!'

'What?-!', cried Murrue as Cagalli turned around at him. 'What do you mean? And where's Kira?', she cried in alarm...

XXX

Kira flicked on all of the controls as he was ready to launch. 'Kira Yamato, Neo Skygrasper... ikimasu!', he cried as the mobile armor sped towards the exit, barely missing the crew members who were taken aback at the sudden events. The gates started to close again as Neo Skygrasper shot out from the sea.

Murrue, Cagalli and the rest of the crew gasped as they watched the mobile armor left the area. And suddenly the control panel on Miriallia's side flashed rapidly as Milly checked it out. She looked up as the captain eyeing her for information.

'There is a recorded message sent from the MA. I'll play it now...', she said as she fiddled with the controls and an image popped on the screen. It was Kira as he bowed towards them.

/Sorry for this... I didn't think you guys will allow me to go if I tell you.../

Cagalli's heart skipped a beat as her brother's image flickered on screen.

/I've been having some thoughts these few days... I decided to check it out myself. Don't worry about me. I'll be okay. Just don't do anything dangerous while I'm gone. Though, should anything happen... I left Freedom over here. Cagalli... hope you can pilot Freedom should it happen. And I trust that Astray and Murasame could back Archangel up while I'm not here../

'Whaat?', gasped Cagalli as Kira continued. /I won't leave long. Just wanted to confirm about something. Take care.../ , he said as the recording ended. Cagalli turned towards Murrue as the captain glanced towards Petty Officer Arnold. 'Can you estimate where the MA was heading?', she asked as the man looked up at his screen.

'From the trajectory that the MA launched, it looks like he was heading towards the northern Africa, or somewhere in that direction.', said Arnold as Cagalli frowned. 'Northern Africa... isn't Banadiya situated around that area?', she mused as Murrue glanced at her.

'Cagalli, are you supposed Kira-kun went towards that base?--', she asked as Cagalli shrugged. 'I don't know... but he has been acting weird lately. And yesterday... he's been saying some weird things...'

Captain Amagi turned around towards them as he spoke. 'Should we follow Kira-sama... Captain?', he asked as Murrue shook her head. 'No, let's trust Kira on this one. Unless something should happen that we need to call him back... we'll just observe from here until needed...'

Just that, I don't like to see your sad looks again...

Cagalli bit her lips as she remembered last night's exchange. Kira... what're you trying to do?, thought Cagalli anxiously as she rewatched the recording again...

XXX

Gilbert Dullindal sat slowly on his office chair checking some reports as Mia glanced curiously over him. And abruptly the intercom beeped and the chairman turned it on to answer it.

'Dullindal here. What's the matter?', he asked as the officer muttered his apologies. 'Pardon my rudeness, Chairman Dullindal but there's someone who wanted to meet you in person. He said that he was the representive of Cagalli Yula Athha...'

'From Orb?', muttered Gilbert by himself. But who would be risking themselves to--

'Let him in...', he said later as he turned off the intercom. Moments later, the automatic door to his office opened as a ZAFT soldier entered and lead the guest in. The representive nodded his head as the officer leaves and walked towards the direction where the chairman and Mia were waiting. The chairman gasped as he saw who his guest was...

XXX

Martin Da Costa gasped as he read the message from one of their undercover agents in ZAFT as he cried out for Andrew and Lacus. Both of them came over as Da Costa showed them the message.

'Lacus-sama... Taicho! This is bad news...', he said as Lacus mimicked his reactions. 'No... this... what should we do?', she gasped as Andrew Bartfield frowned.

XXX

'Kira...', gasped the Chairman as the lad stopped in his track. 'Kira Yamato!--?', he cried as Kira looked at him grimly...

/TBC/


az: I intended this to be a one shot... but guess it'll get too long. This was an experimental AU that sets after epi. 30. I wanted to include the events on 31 and 32 in order to make the story flows well... but i won't guarrantee it'll be exact. And regarding the names... I based them on ANN and my personal judgement. Bartfield sounded better than Waltfield... don't you think? Part One of the three shots... nah....