Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Choices ❯ Banadiya... and ZAFT ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Az: I love it when I can do gundam battles..... was waiting to update my old wing project...
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Seed or Gundam Seed Destiny nor did I own the tankoubons or the anime. But yes..... I OWNED the Neo Skygrasper X01A!!! It's mine!!! Muahahahahaha!
 
Original ideas are copyrights of Hajime Yatate-sensei and Yoshiyuki Tomino-sama. No infringements are intended and no grudge was held during this production. I'd be rich if I dare say I own all of the animes that I made fics from; of which, I'M NOT!!! This fic will become AU starting the events on episode 30.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Choices
 
Banadiya... and ZAFT
 
Written by Azzie @ Alienna Azuani @ Yami Azzie
 
'Kira....', gasped the Chairman as the lad stopped in his track. 'Kira Yamato!--?', he cried as Kira looked at him grimly...
 
XXX
 
Gilbert Dullindal eyed the lad carefully as Kira looked at him distastefully, especially since the impostor was standing right next to him. Kira sighed at such irritable situation as he went straight on to his intention. 'I... we from Archangel had no intention in antagonizing either PLANT or the Earth Alliance. This war had been increasingly intense as the day passes. That's why.. I have come here to see you in person.'
 
Dullindal eyed him closely as Kira looked up towards him. 'I wanted to get the explanations straight from the source. In order to prevent anymore loss of lives and destruction.'
 
'Really? But even ORB has joined the EA. How could I trust you or the Archangel? All this while all that you had done was creating more confusion...'
 
Kira frowned at him as he remembered the attack on Lacus, his sudden act of kidnapping Cagalli from ORB, the battle at Suez and several after that. He thought of all the people that has perished, be it from ORB, ZAFT or EA. And he started having flashbacks from the battle of Jachin Due.
 
'That may be what was happening right now...', he said as he glanced at him. 'But not all of the people of ORB agrees with Seiran's decision. And now still, Archangel had not sided with anyone and only fight to prevent unnecessary damage. Although, even in our case, we cannot save everyone. We've tried our best to prevent that and even tried to help out Minerva in the last few battles. But it seemed that although you have stated clearly that you wanted no conflict, it looks like ZAFT did not care if there's any casualties on the other side...'
 
Dullindal frowned at this as Kira continued. 'Why did that ship was constructed? And why did that ominous gundam with that ship? To allow such dangerous party to be walking free, what was your true intention?', asked Kira as Dullindal spoke. 'I have no obligations to tell you. But the role of Minerva and Impulse would be similar to what the role of Archangel and Strike used to be.'
 
Kira hissed at this as he barked. 'Don't you mock us! That ship was not the same as Archangel! And unlike Strike, that gundam was more dangerous. Considering the fact when I'm piloting Strike, I was not a trained soldier. And that pilot was unpredictable.'
 
'So you also knows of the lad's abilities? No... you should have been able to easily guessed it. You in fact have the same ability.', he said as Kira hissed again. 'Even then... if there is no intervention from Archangel, things would have been better.', he spoke again as he nodded towards Mia. Kira frowned at her as he spoke. 'By using this fake impostor? I see that ZAFT had grown more deceitful...', he chidded as Mia started to cry at him.
 
'It cannot be helped. Miss Clyne's influence was greater than mine and we needed someone to calm the people of PLANT. You wouldn't understand that--'
 
'I do!!', Dullindal stopped abruptly as Kira continued. 'Lacus and I would have agreed to help if PLANT needed our support. We would have--'
 
'ZAFT had no information--'
 
'Lies!!', snapped Kira as the chairman froze. 'If you had no information on our whereabouts, how in the world did a secret ZAFT squad able to sneak to our residence and attempted assassination on that girl's life?--! If there was no such attempt on our lives, I would not have decided for Archangel and Freedom to arise again. Or even as the situation at ORB was inevitable, we would have gone to PLANT to seek out a solution. We would have still lay trust on PLANT...', said Kira.
 
Chairman Dullindal was about to counter Kira's accusation but held his words as the new revelation startled him. 'That... I... can't answer to that. But you have come here, we might be able to work out another way to handle this--'
 
'Ch...', Kira cursed quietly as Mia glared at him. 'Don't be rude... Mia...', scolded the chairman as Kira started to open his mouth. But a sudden warning brought their attention away as the screen suddenly turned on revealing a familiar figure. Kira gasped as he realized where this sudden transmission came from...
 
'Kira!-!', cried Lacus as Kira looked at them in alarm. 'Baka! Why did you send a signal here? This will endanger--'
 
'Talk about us... What about Archangel? What are you doing there at the ZAFT base?', cried Andrew as Kira stopped talking. 'That's--', he paused as he remembered that the chairman and Mia were present and turned to glanced at them. The chairman looked a little surprised while Mia looked like she just seen her dream idol. He turned back towards the screen as he spoke again. 'Don't worry about them. They're safe at the moment. And I'll be alright....', said Kira as he saw Lacus's worried face. 'I'm fine... trust me.', stressed Kira again as Lacus looked like she had swallowed a raw fish.
 
'What do you mean...? Then why were you there? Don't tell me you're--'
 
'Trust me.', said Kira again as Andy paused. 'I know what I'm doing right now. Just cut this transmission and leave your current position! Take care of the things up there and leave everything down here to me. I know what I'm doing...', stressed Kira again as Andy nodded and cut the transmission Kira took a last look at Lacus before the screen blanked out on him.
 
Kira sighed as he turned again to face the chairman and his escort. He glanced at the man as he thought of what the chairman has said before the intervention.
 
'How many of your active forces here..?', asked Kira as the chairman answered. 'Only Minerva was active. All other forces here only served to protect our territories on earth while the rest was sent to guard PLANT from another attack from EA.'
 
'I see. So what is your plan after this?'
 
Gilbert Dullindal smiled as he proceed to explain his intentions and thinking...
 
XXX
 
Andy turned around at his crew as he barked his orders. 'You heard what the kid said! Prepare to launch... We're heading towards another coordinate!', he said as the Eternal crews proceed to their duties.
 
'Uh?', gasped Lacus as Andy patted her shoulders. 'Kid's said it clearly, isn't it? Guess we should do what Kira asked us to do...'
 
'But.... Andy-san!-!', cried Lacus as Andrew looked at her in concern.
 
Daijoubu.... Lacus yo...
 
Lacus suddenly remembered Kira's previous words to her as Andy gave her a reassuring smile. 'Guess we'll have to trust that kid, eh? Or else he'll be worrying about us more than he should be...', he said again, winking at her. Lacus smiled gratefully to him as she finally retreated to her seat.
 
She sighed as she stared lazily towards space.
 
Kira... please be careful...
 
XXX
 
Kira frowned as he heard everything that is needed. 'Then...', the Chairman eyes lighted up as Kira spoke finally. 'I will not say that I'll be representing Archangel as saying that we will agree to be allies with ZAFT. But since now I've heard of ZAFT's motivations... I believe that we can at least merged our beliefs. Archangel will gave support if the situation needs it. That's all. And ZAFT will abide to what was agreed. And as I've said... on those certain conditions. I'll be leaving now...', said Kira with a finality as he started to walk away.
 
'Wait...', the chairman called out as Kira paused. Dullindal handed out a small case containing a batch that looked like a FAITH's badge. 'Take this... This is a FAITH badge. It represent my authority that the holder of this badge has gained my trust.... this can help to convince Minerva that you meant no harm--', he started to say as Kira refused it. 'Was this how you've convinced Athrun to rejoin ZAFT? Sorry... but I will not abide...', Kira replied coldly as Mia made face at him. But the chairman was not one to back off so easily. 'Then take this small token of help.', said the man again. 'It will send confirmation codes to them to convince Minerva to not treat you as enemy. Please...'
 
This time, Kira accepted it as he walked away. But then, just at the exit... he paused.
 
'You... this was the first time we've met. But how come you seemed to know a lot about me... and my connection to the Archangel?', asked Kira as he glared towards the chairman.
 
Gilbert Dullindal only smiled weakly. 'I was... a close comrade of Rau Le Creuset. And I knew about Mendel... and seen that place..'
 
Kira looked at the chairman in alarm and shock. But then he let it passed as the sliding door in front of him opened. 'I see... that's why you knew.', whispered Kira almost with hidden sorrow as he walked out of the room.
XXX
 
'You're flying this aircraft with just that?', cried the annoying girl as Kira tried his best to ignore her. 'I'm not going to fly to space. No reason to get my pilot suit on...', he snapped as he threw his briefcase at the second pilot compartment. He started to mind himself with the MA as Mia pouted at him. 'How rude... and I was trying to be nice too!!'
 
'No reason why I should. You're not Lacus... I'd be damned if I even care about an attention whore like you. So buzz off so that I can leave this place in peace.', snapped Kira as he boarded Neo Skygrasper. This aggravates the girl as she cried. 'What was your relationship with her?', but Kira already tuned everything she said off as he started the MA. Neo Skygrasper immediately launched as Mia Campbell flee for cover...
 
XXX
 
Gilbert Dullindal watched the craft left the base as he remembered Kira's face when he spoke about Mendel.
 
I see... that's why you knew...
 
'Perhaps... I was wrong...?', he muttered as he retreated towards his chair...
 
XXX
 
The lone coordinator stared blankly towards the windows as his thoughts wondered towards his friends who were leagues away from him. Wondering if his actions were right, whether or not... he shouldn't have left to PLANT that day. Then maybe... he could have stopped Cagalli from making that foolish decision. And furthermore.. he would have been on Archangel, instead of here.
 
Then maybe Kira wouldn't be so mad at him.
 
Athrun gazed softly towards the flying seagulls. Kira... did I do wrong? What must I do now to regain your trust anymore..?
 
Lunamaria entered the room and gasped as she found Athrun inside. Athrun glanced at her in surprise as the whole ship suddenly flashed red.
 
CONDITION RED, ALERT! CONDITION RED, ALERT! UNKNOWN SHIP APPROACHING!
 
Both of them gasped as they rushed towards the bridge...
 
XXX
 
Athrun and Lunamaria entered the bridge to find Shinn and Rey already present. He barely acknowledged their presence as he quickly addressed the Minerva captain. 'Gladys-kacho, what was wrong?', he asked as Talia turned towards Meyrin.
 
'Meyrin...!'
 
'Hai!! Receiving the visuals of the unknown ship--', said Meyrin as the screen was replaced by the image of the newcomer. Athrun's eyes grew wide as Lunamaria and Rey noticed his strange reaction.
 
That can't be!! It looked almost exactly the same except for the blue-white colour. But... why?
 
Athrun was confused as suddenly Meyrin cried aloud. 'Captain... that ship was hailing us!', said the pink-haired girl as Talia allowed her to receive the transmission. An image popped on screen giving Athrun the horror at realizing that his instinct were correct. Though he hadn't expected the pilot to be him!
 
/This is Neo Skygrasper from Archangel. Requesting permission to land on your ship. I repeat--/
 
Lunamaria felt her heart beats faster as she started to felt a recognition at the pilot. Besides the fact he was wearing an ORB officer uniform instead of a pilot suit, she remembered that this person resembled a lot like the guy that had came with Miss Cagalli to meet Athrun before!
 
She turned towards Athrun to find that her assumptions were correct. Athrun looked as if he was seeing a ghost.
 
Talia sighed as she rubbed her forehead. 'What are those guys planning to do now--? What were we supposed to do...', she muttered aloud as Arthur glanced at her, not knowing what to do either. Seeing that no immediate action was done, Shinn growled in discontent and giving a hateful glare towards the image of Kira, he immediately stomped away and left the bridge. Athrun started to call out to him but his effort was ignored.
 
His attention was taken back to the bridge as Kira grew impatient and spoke again. /What are you guys doing? I meant no harm against Minerva! Please allow me to land safely--/
 
'Should we attack the ship?-! Captain?', asked one of the crew as Talia contemplated her decision.
 
'No!-! Don't attack that ship!', cried Athrun suddenly as Talia and the rest of the crew turned towards him. Talia stared at him as she spoke, 'Athrun! What did you mean--'
 
'Captain!! There's something happening at the hangar! Impulse was--', cried Meyrin as Talia turned in surprise. 'What?-!'
 
XXX
 
Shinn watched as the system cleared him and launched Core Splendor as he sped out of Minerva. The other silhouettes followed on tow as they combined to form Force Impulse. Shinn glared towards the incoming craft as his rage returned.
 
'Damn you.... ORB!!!', he cried as his SEED was activated...
 
XXX
 
'Shinn!! What're you doing?-!', cried Talia as Shinn ignored her orders. To their horrors, they watched Force Impulse aimed its beam rifle towards Skygrasper...
 
XXX
 
Kira stared in disbelief as he heard the alarm sounding on his pad and seeing the one gundam that he had grown to dislike. He immediately realized foul play as he saw the beam rifle aimed at him...
 
Back at Minerva...
 
The whole crew stood in awe as Force Impulse fired and the MA swerved almost lazily as another signal reached Minerva. /What're you guys doing?-! Call off that Mobile Suit!!/, barked Kira again as he barely swerved the MA around, having been attacked with another torrent of laser beams.
 
XXX
 
Kira hissed as he watched the gundam flying straight at him again. Skillfully, Kira turned the ship 270 degree and fired his own missile towards Impulse. The missile hit home as Kira turned the MA away of harm's way...
 
He muttered several curses as he inserted the disk given by the chairman as he started sending another transmission to Minerva.
 
Minerva
 
The Minerva crew watched in awe at the superb skill the pilot of the MA had while evading Impulse attack. The panels on Meyrin's controls light up as Kira's transmission was received.
 
Meyrin called out to Talia as she received the message. 'Captain!!-! Another one! Looks like a coded message from Chairman Dullindal!', she cried as Talia frowned. 'Then... he was telling the truth?-!', gasped Talia as Athrun grew more anxious, while watching Kira fend for himself out there.
 
Lunamaria looked at him with concern as she understood his predicament. It's not like she already forgotten what she saw before...
 
/What's taking you so long? Call off your force!/, said Kira again as Talia rushed to Meyrin's side and took the mic. 'We can't do that!-! Impulse not obeying us! And we cannot deploy Saviour to stop him!--', she cried as Athrun glanced at the captain in wonder...
 
/Wha--t?-!/
 
Neo Skygrasper
 
Kira could not believe what he was hearing as he thought of the past battles. A loose cannon, eh? Seemed I've overestimated this kid too much! He's much more dangerous than I thought...
 
His thought were cut shot as one of the laser beams hit Neo Skygrasper's right wing. Kira flinched as he tried to stabilized the MA. Ch... thank goodness this MA was not like the previous one! This one had phase shift since it was not built as a support craft!
 
Another beam passes as it barely missed him. 'That does it!-!', cried Kira as he activated his SEED...
 
XXX
 
Neo Skygrasper suddenly turned off its thrusters and it changed its alignment. Without warning, the thruster was reactivated again but instead of speeding forward, the MA flies backward towards Impulse in high speed as Shinn was taken aback. Without thinking, Impulse swerved to the right... barely evading the MA.
 
Kira smiled grimly as he had estimated that reaction. He suddenly swerved 90 degree and turned around again as he saw Impulse on his straight flight path. Minerva on the other hand, were barely visible from his position.
 
Kira hailed the ship again as he prepared for his last course of action. 'Minerva!! Open one of your hangar gates and prepare your crew for an emergency crash!!', barked Kira one last time...
 
....
 
The people on board Minerva stood dumbfounded at Kira's request as Talia contemplated his reasons. Athrun's eyes widened as the thought came to him and shouted towards her. 'Just do it!', cried Athrun in alarm, much to Talia's surprise. 'That guy gonna do something crazy!-! Just hurry!', cried Athrun again as Talia called out the orders to the crew.
 
Athrun sighed as he looked back towards the screen with worry. 'Kira...', he gasped as Lunamaria watched him helplessly...
 
Don't die on me!
 
XXX
 
'I gave them enough time already... here goes...', muttered Kira to himself as he prepared for the final lunge. Neo Skygrasper powered up suddenly and sped directly on towards collision with Force Impulse.
 
Shinn looked at in front of him in shock as he barely felt anything else after.
 
Neo Skygrasper lunged speedily like a homing missile as it aimed straight for Impulse's torso. Kira fired torrents of bullets as to render Impulse helpless to his barrage of assault. And the two machines impacted with the horror of the Minerva crew who were observing not far behind. The force of impact threw the gundam and MA straight towards Minerva's hangar as the crew braced for impact.
 
Impulse crashed immediately soon after but the attack greatly rendered Neo Skygrasper fully crippled. Kira cursed as he prepared for the impending crash...
 
XXX
 
Talia rose towards the communication panel as soon as the explosion occur. 'Status report!', cried Talia as the reply came, saying that no casualties fell on the support crews. Talia gave a sigh of relief as she turned around, just to catch Athrun rushing out from the bridge... followed by Lunamaria and Rey.
 
'Arthur... assume command.', ordered Talia as she too follow suit...
 
XXX
 
Kira felt dizzy as he struggled to open the hatch. To his surprise, one of the Minerva crew helped him out and he weakly pulled out his briefcase and stumbled on the way down.
 
'Are you alright, mister?', asked that young lad as Kira looked up towards him. The lad had orange coloured hair and had a kind look on his face. Kira looked at him puzzled as the lad gasped to his attention. 'Oh! Your head's bleeding---!-!', cried the lad as Kira barely registered it and hastily pushed the lad aside.
 
Vino cried in surprise as he glared at the stranger. But that was before he saw the look on that guy and turned around to see Shinn, aiming his gun at the newcomer.
 
Shinn fired at him some more as Kira lithely evaded each shot, regardless of his injuries as he lurched towards him. He threw the briefcase towards Shinn's gun hand, causing Shinn to let go of his weapon. Taking the chance while the kid was open, Kira sent out several kicks and punches in order to restrain the lads.
 
Athrun and Lunamaria finally came to the scene as they saw the fight between the two. Running towards them, Athrun immediately called out to Kira just as he managed to disarm Shinn completely.
 
'Kira!-!', cried Athrun as Kira looked up at him.
 
Sensing his chances, Shinn pushed Kira away as he dashed for his gun. Kira looked at the kid in daze as he watched Shinn about to shoot him point blank. But Athrun was quicker as he pulled his best friend away, just as the trigger was pulled. Both fell to the floor as Athrun asked Lunamaria to watch over Kira. He pulled our his small knife as he proceeded to tackle Shinn.
 
Lunamaria watched him go as she noticed Kira's injury. 'Athrun?-!', muttered Kira as he tried to get up but stopped by Lunamaria. Kira eyed the girl in confusion as Rey rushed passed them. The two looked back towards Athrun's direction to see that he had already detained Shinn and Rey took over his charge as Shinn cried in protest.
 
Lunamaria helped Kira up as Athrun came to his side. 'Oh man... Kira!! You alright? No... you're bleeding!--!', cried Athrun as Kira tried to push him away, not so eagerly accepting his attempt to support him. Lunamaria looked at him in confusion before noticing the small briefcase with ORB's emblem on it.
 
'I'll get it for you...', said Luna as she went of to retrieved Kira's briefcase. Kira thanked her as she handed him his things. Luna waved it away before noticing the look on Kira's face. Athrun eyed her cautiously before turning towards Kira, who suddenly wore a sad look.
 
'Kira...?', he asked as Kira whispered softly. 'I've met him before... with Lacus.', he said as he eyes started to regain life.
 
Talia entered the hangar to find it in chaos with the crews hurriedly struggled to put of the fires that has spread. She walked further to find Athrun and Lunamaria with the ORB pilot while Rey was holding a deranged Shinn Asuka. She dashed towards their direction as Kira pulled away from Athrun and walked towards Shinn.
 
'Kira... what--', said Athrun again as Talia reached them.
 
'Let me go!!! Rey!!', shouted Shinn almost deranged, as Kira paused before them with Rey looking dumbfounded. And all of them were taken aback as Kira lifted his hand and slapped Shinn flat on the face. Athrun gasped as Shinn appeared to have calmed a little.
 
The lad looked up as Kira continued giving him a sad look. 'Can you finally think clearly now?', said Kira gently as Shinn stared at him with shock. Kira just smiled weakly at him as he turned around towards Athrun and Luna. His eyes fluttered as he finally noticed Talia's presence. Kira bowed lightly towards her as he smiled apologetically at her. 'Sorry if I caused you a lot of trouble--', muttered Kira as Talia stuttered for answer.
 
He tried to move a few steps but it seemed his body can't take it anymore as he collapse to the floor. Athrun caught him as he saw that Kira has passed out.
 
'He'd lost too much blood--!-!', cried Athrun as he lifted Kira up. 'Shitsurei shimasu...', muttered Athrun as he secured Kira on his arm. With one last look at his companions, he immediately left towards the infirmary as Luna followed him, carrying Kira's briefcase with her.
 
Talia sighed as she turned her glance towards Shinn and Rey. And it seemed that Shinn had received a hard hit as he looked extremely guilt stricken...
 
/TBC/
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
az: I was desperately wondering....
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE SERVER!!!? Can't let me up the chapter properly....