Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Choices ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
az: Maybe a short fic.... not shots..... hmm. But I'm sure of a short sequel following this. Haii.... impending doom.... to my braincells!-!!
Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Seed or Gundam Seed Destiny nor did I own the tankoubons or the anime. But yes..... I OWNED the Neo Skygrasper X01A!!! It's mine!!! Muahahahahaha! Original ideas are copyrights of Hajime Yatate and Yoshiyuki Tomino-sama. No infringements are intended and no grudge was held during this production. I'd be rich if I dare say I own all of the animes that I made fics from; of which, I'M NOT!!! This fic will become AU starting the events on episode 30.
Choices Dreams Written by Azzie @ Alienna Azuani @ Yami Azzie  


Why did you leave us?

I didn't mean it like that...

We didn't want to fight you....

We don't want to have you attacking us... or ORB...

I had no intention... please listen to me...

Why did you betrayed us....?

No... Just LISTEN TO ME!!! Let me explain--!

Did you forget...?

Wha--t?

You did... didn't you?

Somehow...

...it hurts...

XXX

Before he could counter the accusations, he immediately found himself in another place. In Minerva's deck...

Confused, he darted towards the window to see a battle starting outside. Another fight ensued... this time it's not against EA. It's with Archangel...

Athrun watched in horror as Strike Rouge and Freedom flies around, trying to avoid Impulse's mad attack... fighting their best in order to protect Archangel. He could hear them shouting at each other... but he couldn't understand it! Everything were such a blur... everything was in chaos! But he couldn't move...

All that he can do was watch... as Strike Rouge had its arm sliced by Force Impulse's beam saber. He looked in horror as Impulse about to give his final blow...

'CAGALLI!!--!', he tried to shout but no voice came out from his mouth! But then, a sudden turn of events threatened to shatter his own heart and soul...

Freedom swerved instantly to her aid, so instead of Strike Rouge getting hit... it was Freedom! Athrun felt his heart stopped as he watched Freedom started to throw sparks and exploded!-! Athrun felt his own eyes opening wide and tried to scream his name!

But again... his voice just won't come out...

His heart started to hurt as he felt helplessness enveloping his own being.

But then... everything around him changes. And suddenly, he was standing on a beach. And somehow... he felt, he knew this place. But where?

Suddenly, a huge gush of winds rushed against him, pushing him back. When he looked up to his horror... there was Aegis in front of him, and also Strike! But who's on Aegis? He's here... right?

He watched the two gundams fought each other and Aegis tranformed into its mobile armor mode. Athrun suddenly felt this nagging feeling of dread... somehow, he knows where this will lead...

But as Aegis was preparing to shoot its proton cannon, instead of shutting down as he hoped... the gundam fired its deadly blow towards Strike. He continued to watch as Strike pieces flew around him... and a large chunk dropped in front of him. His heart started pounding so hard as he recognized that chunk was once a part of a cockpit. And he thought he saw...

An arm jutting out from it.

He started walking towards it... fearing the worst, but unable to flee. And then he saw it...

XXX

'Kira! No!', he cried as he woke up. His breath were rushed as he looked around him.

This... was no beach..., thought Athrun blankly as he realized he was in the Minerva's infirmary. And since he was here....

Athrun immediately turned to his side to find Kira lying on the bed, his head neatly bandaged... and his right shoulder's all wrapped up. He's safe..., he thought in relief as he placed a soft peck on Kira's forehead. Luckily Shinn's aim was not that good... the bullet missed Kira's heart by a mile. And it was just a small wound too. He heaved a sigh of relief as he ran his hand over Kira's head. As if noticing what he did, Kira's arm slapped his hand away before resuming his slumber. Athrun looked at him in wonder as he heard a soft chuckle behind him. He turned around to find Lunamaria laughing ever so softly...

Athrun was about to ask what was so amusing when something else caught their attention.

Kira had somehow flung his arm towards him as he pulled Athruns head towards the bed. Athrun flailed his arm in alarm as Lunamaria can't help to express her glee. Athrun flushed as he struggled to free himself...

'No more rolled cabbage!! I wanna beef steak!', mumbled Kira again as Athrun finally freed himself. He looked at Kira, amused as he covered him with a blanket. He sighed as he turned towards Luna. 'Were you there long?', he asked as Luna shook her head. 'Just for a few minutes... bad dreams?', she asked in return as Athrun shrugged. 'That... and distorted memories turned nightmare. Anything happen?'

Luna just sighed as she nodded her head to Kira's direction. 'His ship was badly damaged... but the Captain already ordered the crew to fix it. And she had sent orders for Shinn to meet her--', she said as Athrun frowned.

'That guy's still with her?', he asked as Luna nodded. He immediately walked out and headed towards the captain's quarters as Luna watched him left, wordlessly. She took a short glance towards the sleeping Freedom pilot and sighed again.

She thought back of the incident before...

Kira Yamato slowly walked towards Shinn who was raving like a maniac. And suddenly... out of the blue, the guy just slapped Shinn flatly on the face! Not like how Athrun had done before... this time, it's like there's more emotions conveyed than just a plain slap on the face.

'Can you finally think clearly now?', he said... like for some strange reasons, he knows what actually causing Shinn to be like this...

Lunamaria shook her head as she darted to follow Athrun's lead. What am I thinking...?, she thought as she caught Athrun, not far in front of her. But something in her heart told her this one fact...

That whatever that was giving this Kira Yamato the sorrowful, saddened appearance... were somehow the same thing that influenced Athrun's behavior too.

Was this the after effect of the last war? What did they see...?

Somehow... she felt that the answers, could be found soon...

 

/TBC/


az: A short filler in between.... somehow I had this change of plot muse.... and works were abundant. Plz review.... and I hoped I could get the next chapter started in these few days....