Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam SEED Awakening ❯ PHASE-2: The Defection of the Noble Warrior! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PHASE-2: The Defection of the Noble Warrior!

Eric charged into the hanger with a flying leap that carried him off the entrance catwalk. Looking around he saw that his Astray was all ready for launch. He smiled as he took his grappler off his belt and fired it at the catwalk next to his Astray to get over to the Mobile Suit in question. Once he got there he found Murdoch waiting for him with a smile on his face.

"Well lad she is all ready for you, the beam rifle is charged and ready, also the damages you have suffered so far have been repaired," he reported. Eric nodded and pulled on his helmet that one of the techs handed him earlier when he entered the hanger.

"Thanks Mister Murdoch I'll bring her back in one piece I promise," he said with chuckle that the tech returned in gusto. He knew that the he shouldn't be really smiling at all since people were dieing out there in space, but he couldn't help it for the first time he felt whole, he felt love for the first time since that terrible night that drove him down the path of Revenge and Vengeance. Luckily he managed to awake to that fact before it really consumed him and eat him alive. He felt love for that girl he managed to save from the clutches of death he had the urge to protect her even if it cost him his life and he hasn't felt that since his fianc饠died in his arms that night. He sighed and pulled himself into the cockpit of the Astray. He quickly strapped himself in and closed the hatch to his cockpit as he brought the Strike Dagger to the Linear Catapult. Once he was locked onto the catapult he watched the signal lights, which right now displayed red. Then suddenly they turned green and a green GO appeared.

"Anderson, Astray Launching!" he called out as the magnetic forces of the catapult grabbed hold of his Mobile Suit to prepare to fling the Mobile Suit away from the ship. As if on cue the catapult activated and threw the unsuspecting Eric away from the ship, since this was his first time being launched from a Linear Catapult.


--------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------


Back on the bridge of the ship Fiona looked out of the viewport of the ship to see Eric's Strike Dagger flying away from the ship. Fiona felt some connection with him that she hasn't felt for anyone else before she felt love for him. It was strange since she had only met him only mere few minutes ago, but it felt like she knew him forever.

'Maybe this is what they call soulmates!' she thought to herself. Suddenly a hand fell onto her shoulder, startling her. She looked over to see that it was Captain Ramius, making her relax.

"I see it all over your face you love that man," the Captain said with an evil glint in her eyes. Fiona blushed red in embarrassment under the older women's gaze.

"Strangely I do love him, but I only meet him only minutes ago. Also he was getting ready to kill me and seconds later he was helping me. I am so confused Captain," she said with a sigh looking back out to see that Eric's Astray was joined by four Strike Daggers. Captain Ramius looked down at her with a smile and another glint in her eyes.

"That's okay Ms. Rose, its rare to find your soul mate so soon in life," she said as she turned to walk back to her seat. The other officers on the bridge were either to busy at their stations or just plain did not notice the exchange between the two.

"You think were soul mates ma'am?' Fiona asked shocked at that concept since she had only moments before been thinking about that very fact.

"Yes I do, the way the two of you look at each other and how fast you guys hit it off. This is otherwise called love at first sight sometimes," the Captain replied as she sat down again in her chair. A slight trimmer gave the two a douse of reality as the Dominion fired again at the Archangel. The Captain gave the ship before her a stern glare and turned to order the weapons officer to return fire when a pair of beams from nowhere impacted the ship sending various members of the crew into the air as the ship lurch violently. Two of them were Arnold Neumann the pilot of the ship and the copilot. Arnold got up but fell as he fell out cold, while the copilot didn't even get up. The Captain looked down at them as she got up from her position on floor and looked over at the recovering Fiona who had been thrown over the helm station.

"Pilot Rose take over the helm if you please," Captain Ramius ordered as medics rushed into the bridge to take care of the injured.

"Me Ma'am?" Fiona managed to stutter out to her who just managed to sit back down after being thrown to floor yet again as another barrage from the Dominion sent her sprawling again. Suddenly a few memories flashed before her, one of her brother going off to fight even thought he didn't want to, of Eric you bravely rushed off to defend her like a ancient Knight from a fairy tale. These memories gave her strength and finally a backbone.

"Yes ma'am I'll try!" Fiona replied more strongly then before to the Captain. She took the pilots seat started to rapidly reprogram the station so she could be both the pilot and co-pilot. As her hands literally flew over the console she knew that she was far more comfortable here then in a cockpit of a Mobile Suit. Once she had reprogrammed the station so a Coordinator could pilot the ship she without orders brought the ship around to face off with their new attacker. It was a 250-Meter Class Battleship with a trio of 130-Meter Class Escort Ships escorting it.

"Alright Ms. Rose bring us around so we can fight these guys and the Dominion if you please," the Captain ordered her with a tone that meant that the Captain knew it was about to get a little hairy. Fiona nodded but was stopped as Miri the COMM officer yelled from her own station from above the Captain.

"Captain, Lieutenant Anderson says he will take care of those ships," she reported with a frown. Captain Ramius turned to her with a frown and just shrugged.

"Alright, Ms. Rose cancel that order and bring us about to engage the Dominion," she ordered Fiona. Fiona nodded and brought the ship around to engage its sister ship yet again.

"Yes ma'am," she replied to the Captain as the quad of EA ships fell out of view. She also was wondering what was going on and why Eric said that he will take care of those ships. But she shook her head and went back to work as the Dominion fired yet again at them sending jolts through the ship yet again.


------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------


Eric once he was back in space he shook his head since the linear catapult surprised him totally. Once he recovered from his shock and surprise he found that four Strike Daggers were forming up with him. As if on cue his VID-COMM unit came alive as the said Strike Daggers tried to contact him.

"Yeah you are Lieutenant Anderson right?" the man on his screen asked with a frown. The man wore the standard orange-white pilot suit worn by enlisted pilots. Also his rank pin showed that he was Warrant Officer and that he was most likely the most ranking pilot of the four pilots.

"Yes and you are?" Eric asked in return with his most brilliant smile he could manage knowing that these pilot would have most likely heard about him.

"So it's true we're under the command of the Prince of Death. I wonder why the Clyne Faction accepted you into the fold," the pilot said in monotone that made Eric flinch since that was his nickname ever since that day that his sanity broke, the day that he received word that his family had been killed in Europe. Tears coursed down his face yet again as the painful reminder of how cruel and uncaring he was back then came to light. Finally after a minute of silence he shook his head and looked over at the pilot in question.

"No Warrent Officer you are not under the command of the Prince of Death for that man is dead and gone; you are under the command of the Peregrine now," he said with a glare. The Peregrine was the nickname he earned when he flew Moebius Mobile Armors for his speed and his skill at marksmanship. He had a customized Linear Gun fitted to his MA that had a longer range then the normal LG. So Eric decided on the fly to use that nickname instead of the one he earned after he killed over thirteen surrendering enemies that right now he just plain despised.

"My god your back Eric," came another voice as a women sprang onto one of his secondary monitors most likely overhearing what he had just said. Eric's eye's widened in surprise for the woman on the screen was yet another survivor of that day that claimed Samantha. The two of them became friends after that disaster and joined up together and graduated at the same time to. They had been assigned to the same unit as well for awhile, but when he received the notice that his family was killed and made Lieutenant she transferred away from the unit after a spat with him.

"My god Brianna," Eric said shocked that his friend was alive and well. Her full name was Brianna Valerie Ryan and she once was a friend to Samantha as well.

"So you finally woke up to the world haven't you," she said with a single tear falling down her face. Eric smiled nodded and looked over at the first pilot looking shocked.

"But we will talk later Brianna we have a war to fight and Warrant Officer care to introduce the rest of your men," he ordered switching his attention to the first pilot who quickly nodded.

"Yes sir Pilot Second Class Brian Simmons, Pilot First Class Nathan Samuels and finally Chief Petty Officer Brianna Ryan who you happen to know," the man reported with the tone of a good solider. As he introduced them they appeared on the screen were Brianna was only moments before

"Very good Warrant Officer but you have failed to mention your name," Eric said with good humor that made the man blush in surprise.

"Sorry sir Warrant Officer Fletcher Delancy at your service sir," the man replied with a very embarrassed grin and with a slight French accent that he hadn't had before.

"French I take it?" Eric asked with a raised eyebrow since France had succeeded from the Earth Alliance and like the Orb Union declared its neutrality at the start of the war, which started a whole lot of new French jokes. He knew that France under the threat of an Earth Alliance invasion and take over agreed to support the EA in the final stages of the war.

"Um... Yes sir, I'm French is there problem with that sir," Fletcher replied with narrowed eyes that made Eric flinch in surprise yet again.

"Sorry no you just surprised me that's all, anyway boys and girls let's clear a road for the Archangel shall we then," Eric replied as a GINN got in his way and got dose of his beam rifle for his effort. Eric and the four Strike Daggers under his command proceeded to clear the skies around the Archangel and the others ships of the Clyne Faction ships sort of speak. As Eric blew another unfortunate GINN apart a pair of yellow beams from a battleship's main gun blew past his squad and impacted onto the ship burning a nice big hole right through the wing. It almost impacted the main hull but thanks to the two ships distance from each other and the Archangel?s Lamented Armor it was not serious. Eric turned his attention to the aggressor ship that was rapidly approaching them. His eyes widened yet again for the ship was none other then his former base ship the Noble III since the ship was easily recognized since it was the newest addition to the fleet and had several technologies that were experimental on the Archangel like the lamented armor and "Lohengrin" Positron Blaster Cannons which were the ones that just fired that made the ship easy to identify.

"Hold your fire guys I'll deal with this big guy," he ordered and before they could complain he switch channels over to the command channel he was given before he launched.

"Archangel, Lieutenant Anderson here don't worry about the Battleship I'll deal with it," he said as soon as Miri sprang onto his monitor.

"What Lieutenant..." she started to say but was cut off as he switched back over to the channel he was using earlier.

"Alright guys keep those entertained for while if you please," he ordered as a handful of Moebius Armors flew up to fight them, the others surprised him with no complaints.

"Roger sir we'll keep these guys off of you," Fletcher replied with a nod as he proceeded to do just that as he cut a GINN in half with his beam saber before going on to engage another Strike Dagger head to head. Eric nodded as he boosted towards the ship he once called home. As he did this he extracted a crushed piece of paper from one of his suits pocket and type in the code into his COMM unit and prayed that he was close enough to get in contact for the unit on the other end to pick up.


--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------
Onboard the said ship a man looked over the ship's bridge crew as they went about their business. He was proud to serve aboard one of the Earth Alliance newest battleships and one of the most powerful. But he was one of the few people in the Earth Alliance that was starting to think what they were doing was wrong. The man that was sitting next to him the Captain of the ship was a stanch Blue Cosmo supporter and so he had the "privilege" of carrying Peacemaker Squads aboard his ship. This made the other man angry since he was a black man, which was heavily discriminated throughout history especially in the old United States of America, so he didn't take it to kindly to other people being racist to others. Suddenly he was broke out of his thoughts of a silent beeping from his personal communicator which was quite rare when in middle of a battle, in fact it was plain restricted but not when you are planning a mutiny. He took it off his belt and excused himself from the bridge saying that he is needed elsewhere. The Captain didn't even blink for he was to filled with glory and offers of promotion in his eyes, since the ship they were attacking was the traitorous Archangel and if they could destroy it, it make him famous or so he thought. Once outside the bridge the other man raised the communicator to his lips.

"This Commander Adam Wells of the Noble III how can I help you?" he asked with a frown as he looked around making sure that no Blue Cosmo goons were around.

"Yeah Adam this is Eric is that offer still open," another man asked in return with good humor in his voice. Adam frowned is confusion for the only Eric he knew was Eric Anderson and that man was a mean son of a , even though they used to be old friends. He had made an offer to Eric when he started up the idea of a mutiny that would hand the ship over to his command. But the guy turned it down and said that if Adam was not an old friend of his he would have reported him to the Captain, Jackson.

"Is this some kind of joke Eric, since you have been MIA for the past hour," Adam replied with a frown. He heard a chuckling that he hasn't heard in a very long time, since the destruction of their hometown.

"No Adam I'm back and it is pay back time for these Blue Cosmo monsters," Eric softly replied with a smile in his words. Adam was shock for those last few words were the last words he even heard from him before he turn into that monster he knew only an hour before.

"Okay so your in but were are we going to go for the fleet will tear us apart in seconds no matter how powerful we were," Adam said once he recovered from his shock and awe that his old friend was back.

"Adam the Clyne faction is out there you know," Eric replied with a laugh. Adam hit his head on the near by bulkhead for he totally forgot all about the Clyne Faction.

"Alright give a minute and the ship will be taken over," as he headed over to conveniently placed Armory not far from the bridge. Once there he type in his private code and replaced his service sidearm with far more powerful sidearm along with a knife sheath and a back up sidearm just in case. He then turned back to the bridge and reentered the bridge with a sigh. Instead of going back to his seat he went over to the COMM officer and laid a hand on the man's shoulder. The officer looked up at him in confusion, but soon understood when he saw his soon to be captain's face.

"Now sir?" he asked with a frown and just got a nod in return. The officer nodded back and turned back to the station and broadcasted over the internal P.A the code word which told the rest of the mutineers that it was time. Meanwhile Adam stepped up to the command platform drawing his side arm along with the about half of the bridge crew all aiming at their former comrades. The same thing happened all across the ship as Adam's men turned on their comrades who were utterly shocked and confused allowing the mutineers to either disable them or just plain kill them. Within a few minutes the ship was under Adam's control and the shocked captain was escorted off the bridge along with four of the bridge operators who were supporting the Captain. He was just in time for a Astray appeared right in front of the bridge with a raised Beam Rifle, which Adam knew immediately was Eric.

"Eric we are in control and if you be a good friend and help us take out those Escort Ships," Adam said with a smile into his private communicator just as a women walked onto the bridge with a smile. She was his new executive officer Lieutenant Commander Kelly Franks the commander of the C&C.

"Roger that Adam congregations and let's take these 130s out before they squawk," Eric replied with a smile. Adam grinned over at Kelly as she took her seat and turned his attention to the gunnery officer who was waiting for the command, which he gave with a nod. The ship's main canons then spoke like the voice of an angry god at the 130m Class Escorts spearing the two that were on either side of the Noble III which was consumed in an golden fireball seconds later, for the gunnery officer had aimed perfectly, right at the reactor. The last one who saw its comrades die turned to engage the traitorous Noble III, but in turn got torn up by a Astray's beam saber and soon joined its two sisters in a nuclear fireball. Adam smiled and turned his attention to the black ship standing before him attacking its sister ship the Archangel.

"Weapons open fire on the Dominion if you please," he ordered and the mighty canons of the ship fired again but instead of at the Archangel they fired at it's so called evil twin the Dominion. It was very affective as the targeted ship tilted to the side as the full force of the Noble's barrage hit it. Following up the beam attack the weapon officer ordered the launch a missile barrage at the enemy, which severally damaged the engine block of the ship once the missiles hit it. The Archangel using the distractions of the Noble III provided open up with its own beam canons spearing the ship right through the bridge killing the Captain Natarle who had refused the order to fire on Archangel and was about to get shot by Atarl the leader of the Blue Cosmo Atarle, now both of them were dead. A follow up barrage by the Noble III finished the otherwise tough ship into a flaming wreck with escape pods and craft blasting away from the ship. Adam smiled as the Archangel turned to face them once again. He signaled the COMM officer to open a channel to the Archangel.

"Archangel this the Noble III hold your fire we wish to defect to the Clyne Faction," Adam said with a smile and started to sigh in relief for he did it he took the ship.

TBC....