Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam SEED Awakening ❯ PHASE-3: The Bloody Wolf! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PHASE-3: The Bloody Wolf!

Back aboard the Archangel jaws drop on the bridge as the Noble III started to pull up to the Archangel. Murrue once she recovered from her shock picked up her jaw from the floor and turned to Miri with a glare.

"Miri get Lieutenant Anderson on the COMM if you please," she ordered with a frown. The girl nodded and turned back to her station since she too recovered from her shock.

"Lieutenant Anderson the Captain wishes to talk to you concerning the recent defection of the Noble III," Miri said once she established communications with him and then she transferred him to the Captain's station.

"Lieutenant what the heck did you do to make that ship to defect to us”" she asked once Eric popped onto her screen with a smile.

"First off that ship was my base ship before I defected and so I knew that the XO wanted to mutiny since he was an old friend of mine, second I knew that you guys needed more ships," Eric answered with the same smile pleased at the reaction the defection of an entire EA Battleship. Granted the defection of a handful of Mobile Suits were one thing, but the defection of an intact Battleship was another thing entirely.

"Very good Lieutenant," Murrue replied with a smile now that she had recovered from the shock and awe of the defection. Eric nodded and signed off for he had other stuff to do.

“Ma”am Miss Lacus is on the line for you,” Miri said a few minutes later. Murrue turned to regard the young COMM officer in question.


--------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
Enforcer Lieutenant Ryan Williams frowned as he brought his GAT-01D1 Duel Dagger around to see a 250m Class Battleship flying alongside the Archangel and the other ships of the Clyne Faction. Ryan and his elite unit of Strike Daggers and Duel Daggers were escorting a group of Peacemaker Units to their targets but this called for an investigation.

“1st Platoon follow me we need to see if someone is playing nice, 2nd and 3rd platoons stick with the Mobile Armors,” he ordered bringing his own Duel Dagger onto a intercept course with the Battleship. The three Strike Daggers and the Duel Dagger of the 1st Platoon turned to follow their leader while the other eight mobile suits of his Company flew on to their targets.


---------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------
Eric frowned as yet another GINN bought the dust thanks to his own Beam Saber. His small unit had fought endlessly for over an half an hour and these guys that tried to challenge them were nothing but rookies, since all the good pilots were facing off in the main battle since the Dominion was sunk it had moved away from the Clyne Faction giving them a well earned breath of fresh air. But still a few thick heads thought they could take on Eric, his men, and the Astrays were quickly proved wrong. But suddenly a cluster of new contacts appeared on his screen, bearing EA IFF beacons. He quickly ordered the Astrays back for they were needed to protect the ships, while he brought his unit to meet the incoming enemies. Also since the Clyne Faction”s Gundams have yet to be contacted yet Eric became the defacto leader of the Factions Mobile Suits hence the order for the Astrays to hold back. As two groups grew closer he saw that Mobile Suits were painted in a pitch black color with a red Wolf emblazed on their shoulder armor. Eric narrowed his eyes for these guys were aces and they had a pair of Duel Daggers to boot.

“Alright ladies and gents it looks we have some takers. I”ll take the leader while you guys take on the lackeys,” he ordered and got affirmatives from his pilots. Seconds later static filled his ears as the approaching MS tried to contact him.


-------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------
As they approached the small fleet of the Clyne Faction four Strike Daggers and a single Astray rose up to meet them. At first Ryan thought the Strike Daggers were here to help but a quick look at the IFF reader said otherwise. These were traitors that had defected to the Clyne Faction and now were going against their own brothers in combat. He flipped his COMM unit onto an open channel as he his unit grew ever closer to the enemy unit.

“Attention incoming Strike Daggers this Lieuteannt Williams, I don”t know how the Clyne Faction managed to swing you guys to their side, but I do not want to hurt you so please step back for our fight is with the Clyne Faction not you,” Ryan said with narrowed eyes as the two equal formations grew ever closer.


----------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------
Eric narrowed his at the enemy for they were the Red Wolf Company an elite formation that were staunch Blue Cosmo supporters. He heard a lot about them for they held the same fame as the famed Zero Corps from the battle of Endymion. So with a glare Eric switched on his COMM unit to respond.

“This is Lieutenant Eric “Peregrine” Anderson formerly of the 32nd MS Company now of the Clyne Faction”s Archangel MS Company, negative we are not going to back off for we have awakened from the nightmare of this battle and now we fight for a greater good,” Eric replied on the same channel as the Ryan”s message. He heard a snort on the other end, followed by a sigh.

“So be it,” came another reply from the man. Eric snorted and cut off the channel changing his unit”s channel. But in reply Eric brought up his Beam Rifle to aim at the second Duel Dagger, which happened not to have it Fortrestra mode like the other which most likely was the leader.


----------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------
“Such a waste,” Ryan said with a tired sigh. But he brought up his Customized Linear Shoulder gun onto on of the incoming not knowing that this Anderson was also an expert Marksmen and had his own Customized Beam Rifle, and had a beed of his other Duel Dagger. In fact both marksmen fired seconds apart, with both killing their targets instantly with nice clean shots to the cockpits. Ryan hissed as he brought his unit around to target the leaders MS, while the Strike Daggers started to go evasive.


---------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------
Eric cursed as Pilot Samuel”s Strike Daggers exploded into a mininova that told him that the enemy was a fine Marksmen as well.

“Scatter!” he snapped to the rest of his team, who instantly responded by breaking off from their tight formation and going evasive. Eric didn”t even see this for he was burning right for the leader with his Beam Rifle up firing even before he had target lock, which the other man dodged with skill. Eric grunted knowing that this was going to be a long fight.


------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------
Brianna Ryan grunted in surprise as her own target evaded her shot. She knew that Nathan was dead and wanted to pay this guys back in full for that so she dived back at her target using the 3-D dimensional effect that space provided that not many Earth Alliance officer and pilots used it to their advantage, to her own advantage. Which this one pilot hadn”t considered to use or watch for, so he suffered for his mistake with his life as Brianna neatly bisected him right through the middle of the MS. She then turned her attention back to her teammates to see that Eric was in a heated battle with the enemy”s leader but looked fine, Fletcher was holding his own against his target, and finally Brian who looked like he needed some help, so she started to head over there to help him in the fight.


------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------
Fletcher was indeed holding his own against the enemy but that was before the other man had thrown away his beam rifle and pulled out his Beam Saber. He had cut through Fletcher”s defenses and cut off his right arm of his Mobile Suit. He grunted in surprise as he backpedaled his Mobile Suit away from the other MS. Fletcher then finally pulled out his own Beam Saber even though he was not good at Saber fights. But suddenly he remembered that he had a pair of fully loaded CIWS Vulcans in the MS”s head. He smiled grimly as he charged back into the battle, intercepting the other beam saber with his own. But before the other pilot could do anything, Fletcher opened up with his Vulcans shredding the opposing mecha”s head to nothing. Before the pilot could recover Fletcher brought down his beam saber and separated the other mecha”s torso from its legs. Smiling grimly Fletcher started to head for the Archangel to get his mobile suits arm fixed.


------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------
Pilot Brian Simmons grunted when he found out that he was now disarmed and had a beam saber pointed at his cockpit. It was indeed his day to die, but god did not want him just yet for a crimson beam of light took the last enemy Strike Dagger out thanks to the efforts of Brianna Ryan who just arrived in the nick of time.

“Mister Simmons are you alive in there”“ Brianna asked with a smile as she pulled up beside the amazing still intact Strike Dagger of her teammate. Brain sighed in relief as he shakily brought the unit back up to relative up.

“Fine ma”am, but how did the rest of the team fare”“ Brian asked in return looking around for the rest of the team.

“Well Nathan bit it in the first volley and I believe Fletcher headed back to the Archangel, finally I believe that the Lieutenant was holding his own agaisht the enemy leader,” Brianna answered returning Brains beam saber and rifle to him for he dropped them earlier and had come in position of Brianna as she moved to help Brain.

“Oh ma”am it looks like the Lieutenant is about to become fishfood,” Brain exclaimed looking over the shoulder Brianna”s Strike Dagger at the fight. Brianna herself whipped around to see that indeed Eric was going to need their help.

“Alright then lets go help him then why don”t we,” Brianna ordered as she started to head of the battle, with Brian in tow.


-------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------
As the battle progressed between Eric and Ryan who didn”t even see the victors of the other two fights, for they were too occupied on each other. Both pilots couldn”t move their opponent an inch, for they thrown their beam rifles away in favor of Beam Sabers. After a few minutes Ryan had finally got pass Eric”s defenses and cut his right leg off. Now Eric was purely on the defensive for Ryan using his opponent”s weakness now to his advantage. Eric then had the bright idea of throw his shield at Ryan to distract him, which was successful for Ryan used precious time to cut the shield in half. It was enough time for Eric to boost up over the shield and come down to cut Ryan”s saber arm off as well as cutting off a portion of the leg.


-------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------


Ryan grunted when his computer reported that his arm was destroyed and a portion of his left legs was gone as well throwing off the balance of the suit by much. Ryan growled got ready to charge at Eric but found himself at the point of not just one Beam Saber but three for two other Strike Daggers were now facing off with him. After a quick look around to see that his men were indeed dead he beat a hastily retreat back towards the suppose safety of the Earth Alliance Fleet. But right there he promised that he would see the end of Eric Anderson.


--------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------


Eric sighed in relief when the leader started to retreat towards the EA fleet. He then turned to his two team members who had jumped in at the last minute.

“Thanks guys, but where is Delancy”“ Eric asked once he recovered his breath after that intense fight.

“Well it looked like he headed back to the Archangel to get himself repaired sir,” Brianna replied pointing with her mecha”s hand towards the ship. Eric nodded and brought his damaged mecha on a course towards the ship.

“Well then lets join him shall we then,” Eric said with a frown as he started for the Archangel. But right then the GENSIS fired again after almost an hour and half of silence right at the remaining 5th and 6th Fleet of the EA Fleet. Eric cringed but ignored it for he needed some human contact and he planed to get it aboard the ship.

“Archangel, Anderson Team here we need some landing clearance, but be advised my unit has lost a leg and needs repairs,” Eric reported in a tired voice once he got in range of the ship.

“Permission granted Lieutenant and welcome home sir,” Miri said in her soft child like voice that instantly reassured him. He finally smiled since indeed now that he was officially know as a traitor to the Earth Alliance the Archangel is all he has left now. It was his home now and planed to protect it and the people aboard int”l the end of this ruthless war.

“Right thanks Miri,” he answered with a smile as he brought his damaged mecha towards the recovery hatch and home.

TBC...