Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Phases 1-2-3 ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

"Phases 1-2-3"

"Chapter 2"

(Cagalli's POV)

"Just great, no one is here," I replied to myself while looking around the conference room. I slowly walked toward one of the chairs in the room. (This is crazy! First Kisaka tells me Athrun is waiting for me in the lobby. Secondly he tells me I forgot something in this blasted room. Thirdly, Athrun wasn't even in the lobby. Then I made a total fool of myself at the front desk. And lastly, I have no idea what to do!) I quickly dug my fingers into my hair.

Then a thought came to me and I could feel myself smile. Pulling my hands away from my hair, I started to rub my stomach. (Your father will pay for this you know. These hormones of mine aren't helping the situation either.)

…………………&he llip;………….......................FLASHBACK&helli p;………………………& hellip;…......................

"Your test results came back, Mrs. Zala," Dr. Canon replied, holding up a sheet of paper.

"You called me down here for that?" I asked getting upset. "Couldn't you just have called me on the telephone?"

"Yes, I could of," Dr. Canon continued.

"THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU!" I screamed.

"May I ask you a personal question, Mrs. Zala."

"Lets think about this, NO!" I answered getting up from the chair. "Good day doctor." I quickly walked toward the door.

"Just so you know, you're 100% pregnant."

I could feel the blood drain from face. Turning around I asked," What?"

"You might want to sit down for this, Mrs. Zala," Dr. Canon replied, while pointing to the chair I was sitting a minute ago.

Walking back, I sat down and looked up to face Dr. Canon, disbelief over taking me.

"This can't be happening,"

"Yet it is Mrs. Zala. And by the looks of it, you might be about two months pregnant."

"TWO MONTHS! Are you telling me, I have this little baby growing inside of me for two months?"

"It would be better if you calmed down a bit and yes."

"However, may I ask you that personal question now?"

Looking back up I answered, "Yes,"

"Do you tend to lose your temper easily,"

"What?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well I was just wondering, considering the fact that you're now pregnant, your hormone level is going to go up. Making your temper,"

"Much worse to deal with," I finished for him.

"Exactly,"

I could feel myself smiling and said, "If there isn't nothing else Doctor,"

…………………&hellip ;…………....................FLASHBACK ENDS……………………&hellip ;………..................

(It's been a month since and not a single soul yet knows about you. I suppose I've been waiting for a good opportunity to tell friends and family. Especially your father, he has yet to know.) Getting up from the chair I walked toward the window. Everything looked so peaceful and quiet. Children playing with each other, people talking about news and life. Ever since the war ended, naturals and coordinators became best of friends. (Just the way it should be.) It was then when I picture Athrun and myself playing and walking with this child of ours, knowing we made this world peaceful and safe for he or she to grow up in. It was then, when I could feel the relief roll off my chest. Just knowing that our child would be growing up in a different atmosphere that I grew up gave me hope for his or her future. (Then again, this doesn't sound nothing like me. I would have to say, I grew up and became more mature and responsible after the war. I'm not the same person I was during the war. The blonde hair natural who lost her temper on everything that didn't go her way. Which by the way made me a spoil little princess. Which I didn't mind 100%)

Touching the glass of the window with my forehead, I could feel the tension of my job loosing up. (I suppose meeting Athrun during the war was the best thing for me.)

I heard a knock coming from the door. "Who is it?" I asked.

"It's me," the voice of my twin brother responded. Kira Yamato, a brother who I met during war. Someone who was completely different from me, yet so much alike me in other views. We both can be stubborn, I can say that for certain.

Turning to face the door I responded, "Come in."

Opening the door, I saw Kira's figure entering and closing the door behind him. Smiling at me he asked, "So what are you doing here all alone?"

"Thinking I suppose," I responded turning back towards the window.

"Really," I heard him respond. He started to walk towards me then stopped. I could hear the worry in his voice when he asked, "Is everything all right Cagalli? I've been worried about you these past weeks."

"I'm fine Kira, thank you for your concern. It's just…." I started.

"Its just what, Cagalli?"

"I don't know,"

"What have you been keeping to yourself?"

Turning around to face him I smiled, "And how would you know that I was keeping something from you?"

"Let's just say it's a twin thing," Kira responded and walked toward me, "So what's this little secret you been keeping from us."

"You'll find out soon enough," I replied.

"Oh really," he asked looking at me curiously.

"Yeah, I think it's only right if I told Athrun first about this little secret of mine."

"I see, that's a wise decision. You do realize he has been worried about your well being as well."

"Yeah," I answered looking down. (I had promised myself I would tell him this week about the baby. But every time I would try to tell him I would chicken out and yell at him for being a jerk. Not the brightest way to tell him that he is going to be a father.)

"Cagalli?" Kira asked lifting my face up to his. "Are you sure nothing is wrong?"

Smiling I shook my head. "I'm fine Kira, you know me. If I have a problem, the first thing I would do is yell at someone."

"That's true, I suppose. However, this is something you been thinking of lately. Athrun been worried that you been having second doubts."

"Second doubts of what?" I asked.

"Second doubts of your marriage with him."

"WHAT!" I yelled, "Your joking, right?"

"Sadly, I'm not. He told me that as of lately, you been pushing his away and yelling for every little mistake he makes." Kira continued.

I could feel moisture gathering at the tips of my eyes. (How could Athrun possibly think that. He knows how much I love him.)

"And the first thing I did realize when I walked in here was…" Kira stopped and looked at me dead center in the eye.

"WHAT! What did you notice Kira, tell me!" I screamed.

"Your ring,"

"What about my ring?" I asked suspiciously.

"Your not wearing it Cagalli."

Touching my left hand, I felt around my fingers. It was then when everything dawned on me. My wedding ring! (Kisaka wasn't lying! I was playing around with it during the meeting. I must have forgotten to put it back on!)

"I got to go!" I said, while running toward the door.

"Cagalli, where are you going?" Kira asked surprised of my reaction.

Before I ran out of the room I turned around, "I'm going to find my ring. And Kira, do me a favor. If you happened to see Athrun anywhere, tell him I'll met him,"

"You'll met him at home," Kira finished.

Looking at Kira curiously, I responded, "Alright, tell him I met him back home."

Running into the way, I couldn't shake the feeling that Kira too was hiding something from me. (What ever it is, I'll get it out of him later. Now I have to find Kisaka and that ring of mine!)

…………………&hell ip;…………........................................ .........................................

(Kira's POV)

Watching Cagalli running out of the conference room, I pulled out my cell phone from my pocket. I quickly dialed a number I knew by heart and pull the phone near my ear, waiting for the familiar voice to respond.

"Hello," a female voice respond.

"Lacus, it's me," I replied.

"Kira, it's about time, I started to get worry."

"Sorry about that, the meeting took longer than expected."

"I see, so how much more time do I have then?" Lacus asked.

"By the looks of it, less than two hours. How is everything over there?"

"Everything is perfect."

"Good, I have to go however," I said turning around to face the same window I saw Cagalli looking through when I first came in.

"Alright then, I'll see you later then. Love you."

Smiling I responded, "Love you too,"

Ending the call, I dialed a second number I knew all to well.

"Hello,"

"It's was almost to easy," I replied.

"Really, where is she?" Athrun asked.

"By the looks of it, she on the hunt for Kisaka for the ring."

"The ring?" Athrun asked puzzled.

Not wanting to tell about Cagalli not having or wearing the wedding ring that he had placed on her left hand on their wedding day. "A ring that I suppose has sentimental purpose,"

"I see, so Phase 2 is completed?" Athrun asked slowly.

Checking outside the window and seeing Cagalli walk quickly to her car. "Affirmative."

…………………& hellip;………….................................... ...........................................

Author's Notes:

Yeah!! I finished chapter 2!!! I didn't think I would finish it on time to send it. Actually the way I wanted the story to end totally changed when typing this chapter up. Now I know I said I would have the next chapter up by Monday, but now I can't say 100% sure if that is going to happen. However, I can promise you it will be up by Wednesday, the latest.

So please review and tell me what you think. And for anyone who is wondering, I kind of place this story about 6 years after the war.

I also want to say thank you for those who reviewed for the last chapter.

*Ceylon

*um ha ha ha

*Pan-d-elyenP-nut

*Heaven's Reaper

*Saiya-jin Patricia

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate it so much!!!!!